• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Next year's PAX will be bigger and better. They are looking at alternate venues and dates for it, as well as going through all the feedback provided by the attendees.

There are unhappy people out there but the general consensus was very positive, especially since this was the first PAX outside the states.

And yes, it will be in Melbourne. :)

I enjoyed my 2 days at PAX and I'll definitely be going back
if my situation allows me too
and I think it can only get better too.

Finally downloaded the Wonderful 101 demo and it's appears to be an ace game. Also can we have a Nintendo network Id sharing thing because I'm pretty sure none of my irl friends will ever purchase a wiiu.

Omikron

Playing a game that has all the minor things that drive me batty.

Forced walk sections
Magic weapon that materialises as soon as you enter an in-engine cut scene.
Invert mouse doesn't work while sniping.

Fuck off.

jambo

Kifflom!

I know there's no one else in the general group of people who went that would actually go back. Especially those from other states it's not held in.

Who knows, Maybe they will actually improve it and it won't suck as much as it did.

I'm guessing they will do it around the same time next year.

As everyone else has said, I'll be going again next year.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Ahhhhh. Just finished reading escape from camp 14.

That was.. interesting.

To those that have read it, did you read the version with all the followup stuff on what shins currently doing?

lexi

Banned
Hey dead man, is that your mate 'Justynn' that's gone from Big Brother?

What a completely fucked up name, no offense if it's your friend.

Shaneus

SPFfKQ3.jpg

:D

Ahhhhh. Just finished reading escape from camp 14.

That was.. interesting.

To those that have read it, did you read the version with all the followup stuff on what shins currently doing?
Maybe? I think my book ended with the author being really bitchy about the guy not wanting to keep being interviewed and just complained about that. It was brilliant up until then. What were you thinking author...

Danoss

New Bundle of Holding is up and lasts for 3 days only!

This time it's all about Feng Shui – Hong Kong action gaming at your table. This game started some of what we see in current indie games where players get to narrate parts of it. Why all the excitement over an older game? First, it's cool; second, it's getting a reboot and if you jump in at even the cheapest level ($4), you get access to the early playtest documents on top of the original core book and player sourcebook. Beat the average and you get more supplements and scenarios. What's not to like?

Now for last bundle's giveaways! Well, after these notes.

The last Bundle of Holding was one that got me excited, maybe a little too much. Some may have been asking "Is Danoss off his meds?" Of course I wasn't, but imagine the result if I was.

Shortly after the giant post that could barely contain that excitement, there was a post where someone said they had to add someone to their ignore list. Was it me? Who knows. Either way it's their loss if so because I'm giving back every single game in that bundle. That's right, I already owned the lot and now I get to share with whoever wants them.

This time around I have some that will be linked together as there are scenarios or campaigns that go with the core book and it would be silly to split them up. Okay, this time it's for real...

GIVEAWAYS!

With each of the above claimed, I will include another bunch of goodies I have collected over time. These will be things like alternate character sheets, pre-gen characters, cheat sheets and various other useful stuff.

I hope my generosity was worth it because, while I did take the Page XX volumes that could've been had separately for less than $3, there wasn't anything in it for me and was purely for the sake of giving it away and sharing some of what I think is truly awesome. For those that don't get something from it or don't want to take any because they wouldn't benefit from it, I hope to run a game or two of them for you someday if it turns out I'm not a terrible GM.

There will be no giveaways immediately following this current bundle because I did not own Feng Shui, but I do now. Fret not anyone who may be interested in perhaps grabbing a freebie from future bundles, I read that there will be no less than six bundles hitting this month. Three of them will be fast specials and Feng Shui is the first of them. Horror gaming will be on the menu as the month comes to an end, unsurprisingly, being Halloween in the US. Plenty of horror gaming already nest upon my shelves, so perhaps you'll be in for a treat – no tricks, I promise.

6 bundles in a month? The idea must be a hit for then to be getting so much attention from designers! Warms my heart to see all these awesome mediums allowing easy ins for the consumer.

Dead Man

I just wish it was all 80s-00s stuff, I always switch to Los Santos Rock Radio or Space when morern stuff comes on.

LS Rock Radio is the most misleading station, it is basically 70s-80s easy listening. I mainly listen to whatever that Pam Grier station is.

Danoss

6 bundles in a month? The idea must be a hit for then to be getting so much attention from designers! Warms my heart to see all these awesome mediums allowing easy ins for the consumer.

They absolutely are! As mentioned on the front page, Atlas Games approached them to promote the reboot of Feng Shui announced less than a month ago. It's a win for everybody involved, the customer, the designer/publisher and charities. Each bundle has gotten bigger than the last, so word is spreading and interest is growing. It's wonderful.

I saw some comments by some designers on G+ and they've noted that their sales have spiked around the time their stuff is included one of the bundles. Awareness of their game grows, people check their site and buy more of their stuff – I've totally done this with Our Last Best Hope and Mark Diaz Truman was wonderful to deal with, a really nice guy. Going on what they've been saying, lots of people must doing this because it seems their sales increase by a crazy amount – they're not high to begin with – but it warms my heart too, to see the interest grow and the love continue to go both ways.

A significant amount of those whose stuff is in these bundles are just like most of us here. I don't mean that in the celebrity way of "I saw them buying milk at the shop, just like a regular person!" They have a regular day job and design games in their spare time because they love them and it is not for the money, because there isn't a lot of money in it if you're not Paizo (publisher of Pathfinder) or Wizards of the Coast (publisher of Dungeons & Dragons, owned by Hasbro).

LOL, nah Nathan is the one I'm mates with, and yeah, Justynn is a stupid name.

An internet buddy of mine, whom I met through WoW and we've remained friends since, is gay, into bears and even though our attractions are completely different, can easily talk about it.

Anyway, he commented out of the blue that the new guy on Big Brother is totally hot and he hates that show but will watch it because he's there. I told him someone on a forum I frequent was mates with a guy going on the show, called Nathan, as I recalled you saying so. He flips out and tells me that's the guy, he won 'Cub of the Year' (I didn't know that was a thing, but I do now) and so on. He was pretty excited and I thought I'd share.

Fusebox

Banned
LS Rock Radio is the most misleading station, it is basically 70s-80s easy listening. I mainly listen to whatever that Pam Grier station is.

In my game Trevor likes Rebel Radio and Blaine County Radio, Michael likes Non Stop Pop and Soulwax and Franklin likes FlyLo and Radio Los Santos.

Wonderbook: Book of Spells bundle for $20 posted with 25offstore code

Franklin: West Coast Classics AND NOTHING BUT WEST COAST CLASSICS, GETTIN ALL SAN ANDREAS EPILOGUE UP IN YOUR GRILL
Trevor: Channel X when Trevor wants to be a hipster, Soulwax when he wants to drop some acid
Michael: Non Stop Pop yo. If it gets shit (or want some pounding bass for speeding along) a quick switch to Soulwax for da beats

I saw some comments by some designers on G+ and they've noted that their sales have spiked around the time their stuff is included one of the bundles. Awareness of their game grows, people check their site and buy more of their stuff

Yeah seems to be like that with all bundles which is fantastic, creates great word of mouth and will lead to higher profiles for future releases.

Creates a really nice community feel to what at the end of the day is commercial dealings.

Shaneus

Lol how you fitting that in there!
Ditched the TV cabinet (it's still in the garage, ahaha... unless you want it?), bought some wire shelves from K-Mart for the home theatre/console equipment (which looks far better than you'd think. I was surprised) and moved the coffee table/TV stand over (you can see it on the left there). Only thing that sucks now is that I can't fit another one in there!

Nice, I've always wanted one but figured I'd get bored of the same machine after a while. How much if you don't mind me asking?
$1800 :)

Two things on justifying purchase:
1. You'd be surprised how much you don't get bored of it. It's like playing addictive $1 apps on iOS... when you die, you can see where you fucked up and swear that next time you won't make the same mistake again. And you get a little better. And you keep playing. Some tables are better than others in that regard, and I can imagine some you'd get VERY sick of quickly, but I was lucky in that I got a table from a designer I appreciate and an era that I relish (that also happens to be considerably cheaper than newer dot-matrix ones :D). And it's cheesy as fuck, too. Open this, go to 4:20 in and have a listen... it's so good.

2. They hold their value like a motherfucker. As long as you don't buy something stupidly overpriced or in horrible condition, chances are you can sell it for what you paid and buy something else. A few podcasts I listen to seem to have guys that regularly rotate their machines every six months or so with no big outlay. Sometimes they do a direct swap them for other machines, sometimes they sell then buy something else.

Honestly, I really only got it so I could practice different techniques and skills to apply to tournament play, but I think even if I never entered competitively I'd still love the hell out of this game. It's just too damn fun. And to be honest, I don't see myself selling it... people rarely seem to sell their very first and I doubt I could do that either. I'll just move into a bigger place and buy more!

"Man's gotta have a hobby."

I use that one all the time to justify lots of things.

Come to think of it, I just worked out where I went wrong in life.

But then, I just worked out a way for a steam box to fit in my entertainment unit with a ps4, Xbone and Wii U.

So we're all square.

It's 6pm and I'm still in my pajamas. I've been writing a cover letter since 10am

Arksy

"Man's gotta have a hobby."

I use that one all the time to justify lots of things.

Come to think of it, I just worked out where I went wrong in life.

But then, I just worked out a way for a steam box to fit in my entertainment unit with a ps4, Xbone and Wii U.

So we're all square.

It's 6pm and I'm still in my pajamas. I've been writing a cover letter since 10am

Yeah I usually take that long to write one, sigh.

We're number one!!!!!

Ditched the TV cabinet (it's still in the garage, ahaha... unless you want it?), bought some wire shelves from K-Mart for the home theatre/console equipment (which looks far better than you'd think. I was surprised) and moved the coffee table/TV stand over (you can see it on the left there). Only thing that sucks now is that I can't fit another one in there!

$1800 :)

Two things on justifying purchase:
1. You'd be surprised how much you don't get bored of it. It's like playing addictive $1 apps on iOS... when you die, you can see where you fucked up and swear that next time you won't make the same mistake again. And you get a little better. And you keep playing. Some tables are better than others in that regard, and I can imagine some you'd get VERY sick of quickly, but I was lucky in that I got a table from a designer I appreciate and an era that I relish (that also happens to be considerably cheaper than newer dot-matrix ones :D). And it's cheesy as fuck, too. Open this, go to 4:20 in and have a listen... it's so good.

2. They hold their value like a motherfucker. As long as you don't buy something stupidly overpriced or in horrible condition, chances are you can sell it for what you paid and buy something else. A few podcasts I listen to seem to have guys that regularly rotate their machines every six months or so with no big outlay. Sometimes they do a direct swap them for other machines, sometimes they sell then buy something else.

Honestly, I really only got it so I could practice different techniques and skills to apply to tournament play, but I think even if I never entered competitively I'd still love the hell out of this game. It's just too damn fun. And to be honest, I don't see myself selling it... people rarely seem to sell their very first and I doubt I could do that either. I'll just move into a bigger place and buy more!

Stop justifying your purchase so well. I may or may not have another look at getting one. I hope you're happy. Where'd you buy it from? I know when I was last looking there were a few people around selling/eBay.

legend166

Soooo it looks like the Swans are getting Buddy Franklin.

I haven't been to to AFL thread yet but the Vince meltdown is going to be GLORIOUS.

Soooo it looks like the Swans are getting Buddy Franklin.

I haven't been to to AFL thread yet but the Vince meltdown is going to be GLORIOUS.

Farkkkkkkkkkkkkkk dat list management. Picked up Tippet, now getting Buddy alongside him!

Damn good budget management to keep all those awesome players there.

Oh yeah, forgot all about that COL shit :/
The Swans' apparent acquisition of Franklin comes just a year after it swooped on another big money key forward, Kurt Tippett, and is sure to bring the controversial cost of living allowance, which sees the club given a 9.8 per cent salary cap bonus, under further scrutiny.

On the opposite end of the scale is Brisbane, about to lose 5 star players who were their first 2 picks in 2010 and first 3 picks in 2011
LOL

Polec for Power! Come onnnnn!

Rezbit

Farkkkkkkkkkkkkkk dat list management. Picked up Tippet, now getting Buddy alongside him!

Damn good budget management to keep all those awesome players there.

Oh yeah, forgot all about that COL shit :/

Lol yeah, that's gone now. The AFL are the masters at wanting to save face, they'll get rid of it for sure. At least for the Swans anyway, GWS will get something because GWS.

Arksy

I don't particularly understand how the draft works, and by that I mean I'm completely oblivious to how it works.

Just answer me this, will port be picking up some decent players?

(Or the crows, but you know, we all ditched that bandwagon early in the season)

Just answer me this, will port be picking up some decent players?

(Or the crows, but you know, we all ditched that bandwagon early in the season)

I would expect Port to target youth still, maybe pick up one or two experienced players who won't ask an arm and a leg (like Polec should be a high chance of signing with us).

The general policy is to bring them up rather than buy them out.

Top Bottom