• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Gazunta

So how about that ending everyone's been talking about, eh?

SPOILER ALERT:

In other news, I was off work today, and I a) took lots of pills and b) got my MAME cabinet working again. WHOOO another machine to play Street Fighter Alpha 2 on!

So how about that ending everyone's been talking about, eh?

SPOILER ALERT:

In other news, I was off work today, and I a) took lots of pills and b) got my MAME cabinet working again. WHOOO another machine to play Street Fighter Alpha 2 on!

I saw this on facebook and laughed.

I got my tetanus shot today. Now I don't need to worry about it for 10 whole years! Yay!

I just wish it was all 80s-00s stuff, I always switch to Los Santos Rock Radio or Space when morern stuff comes on.

Apart from Glamorous and Scandalous I like their newer selections.
Though I would kill for a synth-pop station.

I thought the talk stations were pretty weak though, there were a few ok gags, but it had nothing on the level of that courtroom show in GTA IV.

Hope there's space for a Nick Cave lookalike.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
LOL @ Wii U update. I now more than ever truly believe this company is technically incompetent.

yes because the wii communicates directly via a wired controller.

i'm sure it's not as simple as you think, or if it is, lend a hand to nintendo.

Shaneus

Stop justifying your purchase so well. I may or may not have another look at getting one. I hope you're happy. Where'd you buy it from? I know when I was last looking there were a few people around selling/eBay.
Pure luck, basically. I have a mate who has ~30 machines so I was always just going to borrow one of his, but I kinda wanted one of my own. Saw a guy on either Aussie Arcade or Aussie Pinball talking about how he has/had machines on location and that he lived in Geelong. Shot him a message asking if there were any around here. Said he was getting rid of (but not in any hurry) High Speed (which happens to be one of a small number of machines I was looking at getting) but wasn't in a real hurry. Told me the price, did a quick Google search of him and discovered he works at Bumper Action in Melbourne... servicing pinball machines! Had a look, saw it was in as good a nick as you'd ever find an almost 30yo-ish machine.

So now I have a pinny :D

Fusebox

Banned
It's a sick table to be sure, I used to play it heaps back in the day - I can't remember the name of my favourite table though, it had a construction work theme but searching pinball and construction is just returning that old make-your-own-table program.

SPFfKQ3.jpg

:D

Awesome. I've always wanted to get one but too expensive for me. I always look at movie based ones and then get scared off by the prices.

Dead Man

An internet buddy of mine, whom I met through WoW and we've remained friends since, is gay, into bears and even though our attractions are completely different, can easily talk about it.

Anyway, he commented out of the blue that the new guy on Big Brother is totally hot and he hates that show but will watch it because he's there. I told him someone on a forum I frequent was mates with a guy going on the show, called Nathan, as I recalled you saying so. He flips out and tells me that's the guy, he won 'Cub of the Year' (I didn't know that was a thing, but I do now) and so on. He was pretty excited and I thought I'd share.

Hah! Nathan is a pretty sweet person, not surprised he has some fans. I still haven't been able to bring myself to watch it, I have a very low threshold of cringing in embarrassment when friends are in the public eye.

In my game Trevor likes Rebel Radio and Blaine County Radio, Michael likes Non Stop Pop and Soulwax and Franklin likes FlyLo and Radio Los Santos.

Nice. :)

If you're having trouble connecting to GTA online, try this.

start > online > play GTA online > invite only session

at least start levelling up your stats etc and see the intro

Arksy

I got a PS Vita while I was in the US, years worth of PS+ as well...although I missed out on downloading Wip3out and am now sad. :(

Shaneus

It's a sick table to be sure, I used to play it heaps back in the day - I can't remember the name of my favourite table though, it had a construction work theme but searching pinball and construction is just returning that old make-your-own-table program.
Probably Road Show?
JCOsPoPm.jpg

But yeah, I never played it when it was around... however it's practically fallen into my lap as I just happened to be talking to a dude and asking him about pins he might have on location. He mentioned that he had HS, which happens to be both from my favourite era of pinball (early-late 80s) and favourite designer (Steve Ritchie). The latter because he designs open, fast games which are perfect for practicing on (which is the main reason I got one... no point practicing on a table that rewards cradling balls and careful aiming). The CB radio callouts are fucking awesome though. So cheesy and rad. (Fun fact: One of the voices, namely "car 504", is Steve Ritchie himself. The other guy I think was the lead programmer)

Awesome. I've always wanted to get one but too expensive for me. I always look at movie based ones and then get scared off by the prices.
1. Read my post. It's easy to justify when you know they'll hold their value ;)
2. As far as licenses go, don't think of the ones you either know were great uses of licenses (Twilight Zone, Addams Family) or are big-name ones. One that's surprisingly cheap(ish) is T2, but there are some truly underrated licensed ones that can be had for a far better price than what the premium ones command. Johnny Mnemonic comes to mind, as does Last Action Hero. Rescue 911 and Baywatch are newer games that can be had pretty cheap, too.

i tried a bit of farcry 3 but the frame rate is so baaaaaad:/
They probably put it up to make the framerate of GTA5 look smooth by comparison. Pretty clever.

Fusebox

Banned
Roadshooooow!! Thanks Shaneus, now I wanna track one down and have a slap.

Thanks for the headsup on the plecs too rep.

Can any Facebook regulars explain why people just type their friends names into comments on stories? Are they too thick to share the story or is it some kind of joke? It's fucking irritating.

Darklord

Banned
vR6nhUj.jpg

Two weeks on and my "Halo 4 is better than Halo 2" comment is still creating bitter, bitter tears. I need to start posting my Halo opinions more often.

1. Read my post. It's easy to justify when you know they'll hold their value ;)
2. As far as licenses go, don't think of the ones you either know were great uses of licenses (Twilight Zone, Addams Family) or are big-name ones. One that's surprisingly cheap(ish) is T2, but there are some truly underrated licensed ones that can be had for a far better price than what the premium ones command. Johnny Mnemonic comes to mind, as does Last Action Hero. Rescue 911 and Baywatch are newer games that can be had pretty cheap, too.

Where did you buy yours from? Don't know if there is anywhere is Tassie anyway.

Omikron

vR6nhUj.jpg

Two weeks on and my "Halo 4 is better than Halo 2" comment is still creating bitter, bitter tears. I need to start posting my Halo opinions more often.
All the Halo games are pretty mediocre tbh. And that is being generous.

Also hl3 trademark? Guess that is a thing.

Sony also renewed the Psygnosis trademark recently :( :(

Bargrins!

8.png

PS3 12GB for $179 from Kmart coz someone asked about it recently

PlayAsia weeklies
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified on PS3 for $30 posted
Remember Me on PS3/360 for $26 posted

Xbox Live sale
GOLD ONLY Zeno Clash XOEXTRA for 99c!
The Walking Dead ep 1 is FREE for everyone on Xbox
THPS HD is $7.50
The Revert DLC is finally $2.47 (and should have come with the fucking game you useless cunts at Robomodo)

BeatTheBomb imports from the US
GTA5 on 360 for $58 posted
Killer Is Dead LIMITED EDITION on 360/PS3 for $58 posted
Kingdom Hearts 1.5.3.7 HD on PS3 for $36 posted

Also it is FUCKING BEYOND STUPID that I can't use my allard dollars on the Marketplace webfront. I have like $80 in credit, LET ME FUCKING USE IT YOU ARSEHOLES COZ I WANT IT TO BE DOWNLOADED AND READY TO PLAY WHEN I GET HOME OASDIFHOASENFOSNDFLSNFONHSOFNSODBNFUIODBGUIOSD

Top Bottom