• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Deeku

GTA stock talk. Bought $40 million worth of Pisswater stock a few days ago when it was around $2.50. It's now $6+ and still climbing, with the GAF thread saying to buy it and Reddit also buying it in bulk, planning to sell it around Monday night their time. Looks like I'll be making big profits.
i missed out on money makin via Lester missions cos i couldn't find the ticker names, took me a while to figure out that you had to be signed in for the bawsdaq to work:/

online bawsdaq seems like an easy way to make money with the organised community mass buying. i can't really be bothered with it tho

IGN said:
A purely emergent, life-and-death dance more exciting than every pre-constructed, quick-time event I’ve ever half-heartedly button-bashed my way through.

Make no mistake; Grand Theft Auto V is made of moments just like this.

And it feels incredible

So looks like Vita TV is bringing back a System Link type thing. Yay!

Thats adam_Ak! One of my favourite streamers these days. Used to speedrun amnesia at the start of the year and his popularity grew since doing it at AGDQ in Jan.
Yeah he is really good, enjoyable to listen to with minimal whining. Doesn't do stupid shit which is nice! Did GTA3 in like 9 hours 100% >.>
After finishing VC he then went onto do just the main missions of GTA3 in like 80 minutes >_< Fucking insane!
He even did a main mission run on VC, all 4 playthroughs were in a row with no sleep!?!

Well then I'm just gonna leave this here for motivation:
IMG_20130927_190810.jpg

Really simple to make :)
Fuck yes. Got some left over chicken from burritos tonight so this will be perfect.

IT Crowd special was pretty good.

Got around to watching the Futurama finale too. It was... okay, I guess? Still prefer Devil's Hands as an ending. Stronger episode overall and the last shot off rough holophoner Fry and Leela walking off in to the sunset is a better, more understated farewell.

legend166

I got up and went for a run this morning so I can justify going out and getting a burger and hot chips (with chicken salt) for lunch.

I know that's not actually how things should work, but it works in my mind.

I got up and went for a run this morning so I can justify going out and getting a burger and hot chips (with chicken salt) for lunch.

Heh, that's how I reason it too!

Although I have been skipping the run and going straight to the unhealthy food these last few months :(

Omni

Haha, I know that feel.

Run 10k and then get home and eat shit. So counter productive. But hey

Gazunta

STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD I'M FUCKING STARVING

How long until the next PAX?

Are there any recommended tools for designing / prototyping board games?

Any good retrogaming-related Kickstarters I should be aware of?

2.5k is where I'm literally at my 'I'm done' point.
I used to do 5k no problem. Spend three months travelling, get home and try to go straight back into 5k, at 2k I was so exhausted I sat down on the nearest patch of ground I could find (e.g. right where I was).

Haven't found the willpower to get a regular regime going again. Not when it's easier to sit in bed and browse the web.

Gazunta

Someone actually wants to go to the next PAX? Colour me shocked and that's not a smart ass comment either.

Yeah, I had an absolutely fantastic time. Already looking forward to the next one!

In other news, Cookie Clicker is great to have on in the background at work.

Jintor

I used to do 5k no problem. Spend three months travelling, get home and try to go straight back into 5k, at 2k I was so exhausted I sat down on the nearest patch of ground I could find (e.g. right where I was).

Haven't found the willpower to get a regular regime going again. Not when it's easier to sit in bed and browse the web.

it's a real problem :(

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Yeah, I had an absolutely fantastic time. Already looking forward to the next one!

In other news, Cookie Clicker is great to have on in the background at work.

I know there's no one else in the general group of people who went that would actually go back. Especially those from other states it's not held in.

Who knows, Maybe they will actually improve it and it won't suck as much as it did.

I'm guessing they will do it around the same time next year.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I know there's no one else in the general group of people who went that would actually go back. Especially those from other states it's not held in.

Who knows, Maybe they will actually improve it and it won't suck as much as it did.

I'm guessing they will do it around the same time next year.

I'll be going again. Its by far the most professional and we'll organised event we have in Australia for anything remotely similar.

NFI dude, I don't have wireless speakers. The joys of children.

Also GTA5 related stuff.

In case people were wondering, you need
$215,008,000
to buy all the properties apparently.

Here is the breakdown
Franklin -
Taxi, Towing, Car mod shops, Weed joint, Hookies come to $1,503,000. I would probably recommend buying all the open properties as Franklin to minimise overall spend. These include; Scrapyard, Tequi-la-la, Pitchers, Hen House and the Sonar Dock which comes to an extra $3,355,000, making Franklin need a total of $4,858,000.
Mike -
the 3 cinemas come to $60,000,000!
Trevor -
only McKenzie Airfield, $150,000. Recommend using him to buy the Golf Course since you earn money through his missions at the Airfield as well as less spend than the others.
You can't swap money between players sadly.

The PIS stock sell is in just over 18 hours time.

Recommend not doing Lester's missions until AFTER the end of the game, as
this is the easiest and quickest way to manipulate the stock market so after completing his 5-6 missions your boys will be members of the billionaire club

Always remember to switch to each character to use their money/shares too!

I missed out on the 2 million bucks :(

I thought there would be another mission after delivering the car, but the trophy popped and money was gone, all I got was a lame tractor

There is no trophy/achievement for buying all properties, neither does it count towards the 100% completion. All you have to do is spend a total of 200 million between the 3 characters.

Next year's PAX will be bigger and better. They are looking at alternate venues and dates for it, as well as going through all the feedback provided by the attendees.

There are unhappy people out there but the general consensus was very positive, especially since this was the first PAX outside the states.

And yes, it will be in Melbourne. :)

Stackboy

So I'm starting to worry that buying into PS+ is going to pressure me into getting a PS4 sooner than later, only to capitalise on the free games. I can't see myself wanting to play any of the launch PS4 games, but I want my VALUE FOR MONEY.

Helping my girlfriend move this week, so I doubt I will get to play GTA Online until the weekend.

Been losing a bunch of weight the last 9 months. All I've been doing is working out in the mornings (4 times a week), changing my diet and not blowing out so much on weekends.

lexi

Banned
So I'm starting to worry that buying into PS+ is going to pressure me into getting a PS4 sooner than later, only to capitalise on the free games. I can't see myself wanting to play any of the launch PS4 games, but I want my VALUE FOR MONEY.

You can 'buy' PS+ games from the Sony Entertainment Network website. I don't even own a PS3 yet have about 20 PS3 games on my Plus account.

Been losing a bunch of weight the last 9 months. All I've been doing is working out in the mornings (4 times a week), changing my diet and not blowing out so much on weekends.

Awesome! Look forward to seeing you at my 30th birthday extravaganza.

Danoss

Are there any recommended tools for designing / prototyping board games?

Pen, paper/card stock, scissors. Maybe a word processor, graphics program, a printer and a guillotine if you're feeling fancy. Even video game designers use pen and paper to prototype and test interfaces and mechanics. It's simple, easy, cheap and portable anywhere; executing a good idea is the hard part &#8211; throwing away something that doesn't and cannot work is even harder.

Any good retrogaming-related Kickstarters I should be aware of?

Sorry, I'm only watching Kickstarters relevant to tabletop RPGs. Infected is still going and gives the guy some money to add more content to the game that will be released as a free PDF and a cost-price POD book. Both Dragon Kings and Reaper Bones launch tomorrow.

Gazunta

Oh yeah our first prototype for the owl game was a massive A2 sheet with a hex grid and a bunch of cards, markers and dice.

It was used to prototype the system where player missions would be generated by the status of each of the game's three warring factions (four, if you count 'acts of nature' being a separate antagonist). If a friendly zone hex was surrounded on all but one sides by enemy forces it would generate a rescue mission for you to embark on, for example. We also had systems in place where different hexes were strategically important because of the supplies found there. So for example one hex off to the side of the map was hard to reach because it was accessible only from two other hexes, but it contained magnetic energy that could be mined and used to increase defenses against a certain enemy type found on the other side of the map. It took us a week or so to really nail down what worked and what didn't and we had a really good 'meta game' prototype that constantly delivered freshly generated missions to keep the gameplay different every time you played.

It was thrown out pretty early on in the production process and we went with linear missions with a set progression path instead, boy I miss making AAA video games

Top Bottom