• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Shandy

That was a really boring grand final. Even if I don't care about either of the teams, I do still feel a bit of hype. Maybe it's because I knew the Dockers would lose, but it felt a bit weak.

I never got to see any Ice Hockey and Basketball, but I spent way more time paying attention to baseball than I did NFL.

If anyone asked me why, I wouldn't be able to tell them. :(

It's such a boring sport, yet I...uhh..kinda' like it...

I was up late one night in 2011 and started watching baseball. I recognise how it's boring to people, but man... still love watching it. Been going for the Texas Rangers ever since. I might put down for MLB.tv next season, One's timeslots are untenable.

Killzone 4 MP has dedicated servers, 60fps, free DLC maps, all guns and abilities unlocked from day 1.

Seems like they got their shit together, I remember hearing back in the day that Killzone 2 MP is right up there with MW1/Halo 3 in terms of awesome MP experience.

Damn straight. The maps, weapons, graphics...everything that made KZ2 awesometacular and I can not wait for november. Killzone 2 created a new fanbase for the franchise.

The Killzone multiplayer game mode that mixes 5 game modes is really fun and I'm surprised other fps games never ripped it off.

So much fun, especially the assassination mode. I think TF2 had some similar modes.

Who's getting KZSF at launch?

Who's getting KZSF at launch?

I'll probably grab it along with a PS4 next Christmas. By that point my son will be 4 so Knack should be a cheap pickup if it hasn't already hit PS+!

With all the talk of Watch Dogs getting a parity downgrade I would expect it to almost definitely hit PS+ in the first few months too.

Just saw this TAC drink drive ad on Youtube, probably their best one so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB2Uyq35ezo&list=PL4C0ACB98400EAF8E

I'll probably grab it along with a PS4 next Christmas. By that point my son will be 4 so Knack should be a cheap pickup if it hasn't already hit PS+!

With all the talk of Watch Dogs getting a parity downgrade I would expect it to almost definitely hit PS+ in the first few months too.

Ubi is making WD an annual franchise, just like AC. It should be be free around next year when they are ready to release the sequel.

Killzone, Driveclub, Knack, Resogun at launch. Everything else I can get better on my PC,

Great. I'm only getting KZSF at launch and will check out the other titles later in the year. Will be skipping some *ahem* big names like Cod ghosts, Black Flag and keep Bf4, WD and Batman for early next year.

Isn't it getting good/more titles next year? 2014 supposed to be WiiU's year according to some of my mates who are die hard ninty fans.

Nintendo/partners have some good games coming but apart from a few of the end-gen western multiplats like Batman, AssCreed and Watch_Dogs the third party support is basically dead. Nothing from Japan apart from the titles Nintendo are financing/partnered with like Platinum's pair and the Sonic deal with Sega.

Unless Nintendo actually splash some cash to expand their own output and/or forge some more deals with Sega things are going to get very quiet after the stuff we already know about.

markot

Banned
VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK

Why are Nintendo charging more for the eshop versions of etrian and that shin tin game then retail!?!?!?

Wait... Macarons or macaroons? There's a huge difference!

I thought macarons were overrated until the wife insisted I try Pierre Hermé ones. Yeah OK, macarons can be incredible.

r1chard

Damnit, wife made macaroons today.
Lucky man! I am quite jealous!

I made an awesome pie last night (in the ongoing Year Of Pie efforts) don't need no damn woman to make me fat! :)

Been playing a lot of Minecraft this week - it's school holidays and my daughter pretty much wants to play it non-stop. We do occasionally do other stuff too :) I hadn't played Minecraft for quite a while - perhaps a year since the last play? I played it a lot waaay back. All the new stuff makes it like a new game.

Arksy

Nintendo can single handedly bank roll the Wii U for the next 2-3 years while they work on a new console. It'll be fine. The gamecube was in a similar boat and that had the best games of the gen (at least the games I look most fondly back on).

PS2 easily was the best out of GC/Xbox/PS2 gen. Dat Timesplitters 2/GTA3 combo.

Wait... Macarons or macaroons? There's a huge difference!
Should have checked the link dude! ;)

I made an awesome pie last night (in the ongoing Year Of Pie efforts) don't need no damn woman to make me fat! :)

Yeah I remember you doing that a while back! I really need to get in on it, love me pies. Local bakery started a new recipe for footy pies and was selling them for only $2 for September, so good. Also Zinger Pie was yum lol

No idea who linked it but my next cookup will probably be a Japanese Curry.

Arksy

Eh; these are the games I remember most fondly from that gen, Halo & Splinter Cell aside.

REmake

Wind Waker

Eternal Darkness

Metroid Prime

Rouge Leader

Timesplitters 2

Pretty solid first party lineup as usual.

Should have checked the link dude! ;)
Nice try! Link discusses both.

No idea who linked it but my next cookup will probably be a Japanese Curry.
That would've been me. Discussed it on both Twitter and CookingGAF. S&B curry powder is apparently a must. Alternatively, Vermont Curry is the recommended curry block (I use Golden Curry, but Chris Kohler--who's a known curry freak--recently told me to use Vermont, and I'm pretty sure Shan has in the past too).

Plan is to make a giant batch during the week to freeze for easy midweek katsu and curry.

Been playing a lot of Minecraft this week - it's school holidays and my daughter pretty much wants to play it non-stop.
Considered something like Monkey Island? Makes a great co-op game, especially if you both haven't played it (I'm sure we can give you the answers to look like a knowitall :p).

Darklord

Banned
So my 360 decided it wanted to update me to the 2-step log in. Ok, safety and all that. I chose to use my mobile. With my gmail account it simply sent me a text, I put in the code. Done.

So I get a text with a code...but to use that code I have to log into a certain site first but to use that site I need a second code they send to my secondary e-mail address. I try getting that code but to use the second code I need a third code sent to my main e-mail address. I get the third to use the second to use the first but sends me a fourth by text to finally confirm the first.

Holy mother of fuck.

Shaneus

Bahahahaha.

Reminds me of when I decided to upgrade myself to 2-step on my Google accounts, then with the fist main update of the app they managed to *completely* fuck it. So I had to resort to using the "hard" codes they give you in case of emergencies (aka when you don't have your phone) and had to get new ones generated because I burned through the first group of 8 too damn quickly.

Stupid fucking Google. Still happy I have that security on there, though.

Reminds me of when I decided to upgrade myself to 2-step on my Google accounts, then with the fist main update of the app they managed to *completely* fuck it.
I lost two accounts because of that app update. Didn't have any backup codes and when the app updated, couldn't login.

The questions they ask to recover an account are so detailed I don't even think I could recover my main one. Needless to say they refused to recover those other two. At least they're forwarding to my main account anyway, so I can read the stuff sent to them.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Forgot to post last night, a dude is livestreaming 100% runs for GTA3 and Vice City. He finished 3 this morning and is about 2 hours into VC!

Thats adam_Ak! One of my favourite streamers these days. Used to speedrun amnesia at the start of the year and his popularity grew since doing it at AGDQ in Jan.

Side note. I need to throw my monitor out and buy a TV for gaming. God GTA5 looks fine on the plasma in the lounge compared to my shitty 24" TN display. No surprise but damn.

r1chard

Yeah I remember you doing that a while back! I really need to get in on it, love me pies.
Well then I'm just gonna leave this here for motivation:
IMG_20130927_190810.jpg

Really simple to make :)

Considered something like Monkey Island? Makes a great co-op game, especially if you both haven't played it (I'm sure we can give you the answers to look like a knowitall :p).
Oh, that's not a bad idea. We tried playing some of The Cave for a while but we got stumped at one point and didn't go back to it.

Usually I'd say the same thing, but when have EB Games ever been known to sell new releases for twenty bucks below RRP?

Because they know that, if there's no difference in price between the physical and the digital titles, a lot of people are going to buy digital. They can't offer physical pre-order bonuses for every game, so their only meaningful way to differentiate (since most people aren't thinking about the trade-in value when they buy) is to cut the price.

Thats adam_Ak! One of my favourite streamers these days. Used to speedrun amnesia at the start of the year and his popularity grew since doing it at AGDQ in Jan.

Side note. I need to throw my monitor out and buy a TV for gaming. God GTA5 looks fine on the plasma in the lounge compared to my shitty 24" TN display. No surprise but damn.

How about buying a bigger/decent lcd, dell do some nice ones for a reasonable price.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Very nice, will try this soon.

I would still prefer a monitor for a mp shooter, but for everything else tv takes the cake.

How about buying a bigger/decent lcd, dell do some nice ones for a reasonable price.

Yea I know. TVs seem to have like 20ms lag on them, So for PCs they probably aren't the greatest thing in the world. That all depends on what game you're playing of course.

Dell do sell some nice monitors. But man, Sitting back I had to wear my glasses to see clearly and it was just so nice to look at the game on a real TV. I haven't owned a TV in years and that kinda made me miss it.

It makes me wonder at the same time how bad the steambox is going to be, a TV with ~20ms is rare so most are probably around the 30ms + the network lag, I think you're just going to have a bad time.

hamchan

GTA stock talk. Bought $40 million worth of Pisswater stock a few days ago when it was around $2.50. It's now $6+ and still climbing, with the GAF thread saying to buy it and Reddit also buying it in bulk, planning to sell it around Monday night their time. Looks like I'll be making big profits.

Top Bottom