• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Watchdogs graphics technical director on unverified PC specs: "The real specs will come out soon and will be lower than these"

So much for 8 cores.

Watchdogs graphics technical director on unverified PC specs: "The real specs will come out soon and will be lower than these"

So much for 8 cores.

The rumoured specs smacked of either "not real", "not optimised" or "console versions must have been downgraded to fuck".

Haven't seen anything that would make it need a high range computer so far, unless traffic/ped density is massive in the PC version.

jambo

The rumoured specs smacked of either "not real", "not optimised" or "console versions must have been downgraded to fuck".

Haven't seen anything that would make it need a high range computer so far, unless traffic/ped density is massive in the PC version.

Only way is if it looks like the very first E3 trailer.

Fredescu

What's the Green Team equivalent? I remember reading Quad Core minimum which seemed really high.

Q6600 is six years old. The rumoured specs listed a GTX460, but that's a fair bit more powerful than a 5770. Hard to nail down what the exact 5770 equivalent is. Mostly a bunch of halfway models like 550Ti.

Q6600 is six years old. The rumoured specs listed a GTX460, but that's a fair bit more powerful than a 5770. Hard to nail down what the exact 5770 equivalent is. Mostly a bunch of halfway models like 550Ti.

Q6600 being 6 years old seems not that long ago yet also long ago. Such an awesome CPU.

I guess I overreacted, maybe it will indeed run super easy on my PC then if the devs are saying the requirements are actually less than a Q6600/550 combo.

Fredescu

PC specs are fucking weird politically. People lose their shit when their machine can no longer run something at ultra specs and might not buy the game because of it, which leads to devs fudging specs.

I get the feeling that at some point stuff like 3D Mark was going to be used as Spec Benchmark test for publishers. So they could say, "Hey! You got a 1321? You can run Spec Ops The Line 98% good!". Seems like the kind of thing publishers like. Numbers.

Shaneus

Did they end up improving crossfire performance? I remember it being one driver update away last time I was paying attention.
Frame latency? Mostly. I think there are still improvements to be made and I believe the yields were small except for the tweaks made for specific games (of which I think there are a large number, but still... not *every* game benefits). Each driver revision since it came out a month or so ago improves on the last.

Shaneus

I don't think I can be bothered with the frustration. Gonna give more SP a crack, see if I can make at least a dent in story mode (barely started that redneck's story, just unlocked the import/export missions and bought a hangar or some shit).

Drove around a bit in GTA Online, most were just jerks killing randoms. Most fun I had was me in a car chasing a guy down on foot, stopping next to him, honking the horn, he got in, a marker appeared on my map so I drove him there, he dived out. The end.

Also I robbed some stores.

Played a few hours of Online tonight. Really enjoyed it. It'll be heaps better when playing with actual friends. Random people just turn on you in a heartbeat. Had some funny moments though.

Danoss

I always recommend finding a really good quality tinfoil as one that cooks to the point of sticking is irritating as fuckkkkkkkkk. The last few we have had are terrible for it, can't recall the brand I used to use which was almost perfect in that regard.

Also that RPG sounds interesting! I'll do some reading on the 9/11-esque thing.

I just use homebrand foil and it works quite alright. If the plate is too hot at the start, it will stick to the bottom of the fish, but not severely and will separate without too much difficulty. I do this on purpose now because the one time I did it accidentally, mum said how much she liked it that way and thought it was intentional.

That scenario I mentioned has now been added to the bundle. It is included in One Shots and available at the minimum price of $4 so everyone can have a look.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
BF4 open beta now. Lets do this shit people!

Can't launch 64bit beta from 64bit browser.

Use IE, Origin not installed.

Fuck me swinging. Buying a PS4, PC upgrade cancelled.

GTA online impressions: Played a few hours early this morning, it's only fun if you're playing with crew members/friends. Random people just try to shoot you or run you over.

Deathmatch games are really stupid. Played tennis, it was horrible. I'm not going to bother with races and dm games. Just play missions with friends/crew.

GTA online impressions: Played a few hours early this morning, it's only fun if you're playing with crew members/friends. Random people just try to shoot you or run you over.

Deathmatch games are really stupid. Played tennis, it was horrible. I'm not going to bother with races and dm games. Just play missions with friends/crew.

I found it funny chasing a bloke all around the map that nicked my car. I'll be playing with a crew of friends tonight, so it should be heaps better.

BF4 looks to be a slightly better looking BF3.

My PC boots into a game from shutdown 3x quicker than my 360 logs into my profile.
You fucking muppets Microsoft. I assume it's because my internet is slow.

GTA ONLINE!
Free weekend on Xbox live so there should be plenty of action.

Xbox 360
reptilescorpio
viperthejedi
hijukal

Hamchan! Codswallop! 360 or PS3?
Added you 360 chaps but forgot to let you know about it...

GTA Online is much better when it's not just people running around. Missions are OK, hope they get more complex.

Shaneus

Holy fucking shit. From the Edge next-gen specs thread:
iOkfYZoLz2ATi.gif

I read that as "Why is Zelda on Anime?" Disappointed that was incorrect.

Zelda. ZELDA! Have you been doing the anime again? Who sold it to you? Zelda, come back here. Don't deny it. I can see how big your eyes are. And when cried earlier your tears were a torrent or water that disappeared before they hit the ground. Come back here. DON'T YOU RUN AWAY FROM ME! I can't stand it when your legs turn into a elliptical blur under your body.

I read that as "Why is Zelda on Anime?" Disappointed that was incorrect.

Zelda. ZELDA! Have you been doing the anime again? Who sold it to you? Zelda, come back here. Don't deny it. I can see how big your eyes are. And when cried earlier your tears were a torrent or water that disappeared before they hit the ground. Come back here. DON'T YOU RUN AWAY FROM ME! I can't stand it when your legs turn into a elliptical blur under your body.

zelda_lole9t7.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=84559165&postcount=1

Xbone controller:

The controller is very, very, very unergonomical compared to X360. It's smaller, the feeling is kind of like you are using a DualShock3.
The move distance of sticks is a little bit smaller, than the one in X360. I really thought about PS Vita sticks while playing.
Bumpers are totally connected to triggers. There isn't any piece of plastic (like in DS4) in-between trigger and bumper (clearly seen on video I edited in) so in 30-40% maybe you would miss the trigger and hit the bumper.
The vibration is a lot less than on X360.
The D-Pad is deepened into controller and it's really awkward. As in X360, DS3, DS4 it's slightly above the surface of controller. So while you try to press it on XBO gamepad moving your left thumb down from left stick you hit nothing, then you have to spend a second to find d-pad and actually press it. Really strange.

Jintor

I want to punch the authors of this article I'm editing. It's a fucking mess. The thesis is stated nicely in the first sentence and abruptly dropped until the last three pages of the 20-page thing. Almost half of it is seemingly unconnected to any paragraphs preceding it. Urgh. I have to write a critical review on this damn thing, but I think that's predicated on having substance to review in the first place...

Kritz

Banned
aw man but the xboner looks so much prettier than the dualshock 4. Was hoping to use it as a new PC controller.

Sure hope they don't stop making wired 360 controllers for some time.

is it possible he was just using some pos dev controller and not final hardware? gb guys only said good things about it.

edit, hell are we sure the lag isnt BF fault.
i like my wired afterglow 360 knock off, left stick got loose and kept going out of the deadzone but eb replaced the whole thing

is it possible he was just using some pos dev controller and not final hardware? gb guys only said good things about it.

edit, hell are we sure the lag isnt BF fault.
i like my wired afterglow 360 knock off, left stick got loose and kept going out of the deadzone but eb replaced the whole thing

brad complained abit about the bumpers,l coupleof guys from invisible walls didn't like them either

edit: complaints were both about having fingers in a weird position to not accidently mash

Jintor

I can't believe how mad every channel in NSW is going over this fleet review thing. Prince Harry coming to town on top of it that seems to have turned even the ABC into a bunch of insipid idiotic morons. "I wore a special royal blue tie today, I hear he has a thing for ties" jesus loving christ

Top Bottom