• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Oh, Fusebox...

So many lies, one to cover up the next. I need to find a new place to buy bitcoins. The old place I used is closed. I need them to pay for beer at a pub which has only just started trialing the use of them. I swear it's only for this reason and nothing else. It's for the novelty. I know nothing of these other uses for these bitcoins. I swear it's for beer. Beer, people. Beer!

Posts in Silk Road thread.

Oh, Fusebox. How long will it take us to rebuild the damage so that we can trust you again?

Can someone please explain bitcoins to me in layman's terms. I've read about them but still don't get it.

How did it start? How was it given a value, how did the founder make money from it?

Ziggy is in charge of NBN Co.

All is lost.

Pack it up.
Yeah just hanging a lantern on it at this point.

They are in power. Can't do shit for 3 years. Who cares. Wait until next election campaign. Save that rage. Save that anger. Unleash all at once in 3 years.

Wait, so I got AssCreed3 from PS+ ... should I play either of the two preceding it before playing it?
Nah play AC3 first. Its enjoyable but a bit of a mess if you are used to the previous games.

Enjoy the open world! And the hunting!

The actual story/missions fall flat due to rushed gameplay mechanics and rushed story plotting.

Feels like a game made by 1000 people. Which it was. Just didn't come together right.

After AC3 go play AC1. Really great open world there with some great, slow paced information gathering type stuff.

Then go play AC2 for the perfect culmination of gameplay/atmosphere/level design.
Brotherhood dumps way too much ADDED CONTENT MARKERS bullshit on you but is still pretty great. It heads in the GTA direction in terms of variety and goals.

Revolutions is barely medicore.

I'm not usually big on seeing films at the cinema, but there's a couple of movies out at the moment (or soon) that I want to see; Gravity being one of them. I was also a fan of Children of Men, though I don't like Sandra Bullock.

Rush and Prisoners are the other two I'm pretty interested in.
If my Dad lived down this way I would love to go see Rush with him. So many VHS tapes of those days watched as a kid.

Also pretty sure Senna is on free to air TV this week! Everybody watch it!

Oh, Fusebox...

So many lies, one to cover up the next. I need to find a new place to buy bitcoins. The old place I used is closed. I need them to pay for beer at a pub which has only just started trialing the use of them. I swear it's only for this reason and nothing else. It's for the novelty. I know nothing of these other uses for these bitcoins. I swear it's for beer. Beer, people. Beer!

Oh, Fusebox. How long will it take us to rebuild the damage so that we can trust you again?
Heh, I at least was trying to be subtle about it. :)

Blake Markot Rarlarded.
WTF man, you want the feds coming down on this too!?

Happy birthday Shan!

Today was free burrito day as a new Guzman y Gomez opened near me. Got two :)

There's another Mad Mex opening soon too.
Fast Mexican food is getting more popular it seems.

Happy birthday Shan. You may feel old at 21 but you're still the youngest one on the forum, so that's something to feel good about I guess?

Hey, hey, hey. Don't go throwing around titles I may have a claim to willy nilly! I think Laf is the youngest though.

Was shit. Would rather watch Big Bang Theory it was that bad.

Dead2me

Who else is keen to see Gravity? Children of Men was fantastic, and I've been waiting years for this.

Very keen. I'm not usually a fan of Sandra Bullock but I think she will do alright in this and it is going to be awesome.

Oh, Fusebox...

I just like a really complicated way of paying for beers when I go drinking!

http://www.zdnet.com/au/aussies-start-paying-for-beers-in-bitcoin-7000020692/

But in all seriousness, it's for buying drugs from the underweb.

I rest my case.

All Assassin's Creed games bar the first are basically GTA Medieval. Tons of cut scenes, nonsensical story, traveling maps to the next mission. Also stabbing people.

The first is a great medieval assassination simulator, could've been an awesome sequel if they hadn't just done the Ubisoft open world thing with it.

Uncharted is Drake. Drake is Uncharted.

People loves AssCree as it was a holiday simulation. You get to go to these awesome places and explore.

Uncharted on the other hand is a spiritual follow up to Indiana Jones. And Indiana Jones needs Indy. It's an adventure story about the journey and the experiences of these people.

Still waiting on AssCree Japan Ubisoft!

Japan would be awesome, but I'm kinda keen for a China/ Korea one or something.

I play uncharted for the pretty scenery in part... It's a little like being on holiday.

Happy birthday Shan!

Today was free burrito day as a new Guzman y Gomez opened near me. Got two :)

Fast Mexican food is getting more popular it seems.

niiice :D those burritos are the best.

Hey, hey, hey. Don't go throwing around titles I may have a claim to willy nilly! I think Laf is the youngest though.
Laf is 22 iirc :p

Shaneus

Also pretty sure Senna is on free to air TV this week! Everybody watch it!
Hate to harsh your mellow, but I was over at a mate's place last Saturday night to pick him up and saw Senna on TV. So it must've been last weekend you're thinking of, tiger.

Happy Bday Shan! Now you can drink anywhere in the world!
Funny story: My old man was working on contract for Ford in NZ back in 1999/2000. I head over there with my sister, turns out the legal drinking age over there is 21 and I was only 19. Less than a year later, the cunts changed the legal drinking age to 18. Bastards.

I'll pass those notes on to the boss. See if she'll let me lol.
It's an investment! Charge people to come over to play it.

Or tried the always-winrar "caaaarn". That's a sure no-loss argument.

PS. From one Shan
eus
to another, happy 21st Shan!

PPS. evlcookie's post about Shan's birthday = so much win. Even better if he still has the beard while he posted it.

Wait, so I got AssCreed3 from PS+ ... should I play either of the two preceding it before playing it?

Yes, AC2 and Brotherhood are must play. Ignore Revelations and AC3.

Who else is keen to see Gravity? Children of Men was fantastic, and I've been waiting years for this.

Looking forward to it, probably the only movie with Sandra bullock that I will be able to tolerate.

Youngest female then? Or you want to hold on to that title as well?

We have one opening in our town centre. Are they any good? Never tried Mad Mex. The other Mexican in town is just so so. And the other alternative is Cuban with communist style service to match (20 workers sat on their arses doing bugger all).

Oh shit, had no idea clicking the right stick during Cinematic Camera Mode goes into slow mo! Works great in boats. Looks amazing.

Also my favourite new thing is bush bashing out in the sticks as Franklin, so when I come across rednecks they try and gang up and kill Franklin for being black lol

Shaneus

Here's a funny, courtesy of my favourite man and yours, Peter Serafinowicz:
oDiBkGg.gif

Also my favourite new thing is bush bashing out in the sticks as Franklin, so when I come across rednecks they try and gang up and kill Franklin for being black lol
It's not because they're racist, it's because they hate the idea a guy was named after bottled water. I know I'd wanna bash the fuck out of a guy named Perrier, at least.

Crowd AI behaviour in GTAV is weird. Drive within the law up to traffic lights, do a burnout at the lights, a bunch of guys pull you out of your car for a punch on.

We have one opening in our town centre. Are they any good? Never tried Mad Mex. The other Mexican in town is just so so. And the other alternative is Cuban with communist style service to match (20 workers sat on their arses doing bugger all).

It's been a while but it was alright. Burritos are pretty good. Had a pretty average quesadilla the last time I went there though.

XCOM strategy & third person shooter steamkeys for $25

Big W doing a clearance on Wii shit. Goldeneye 007 & Controller for $10 in store.

lol this Yosp interview is pure gold

Q: Moving on to the PlayStation 4, Sony probably had the best E3 it's ever had this year...

Shuhei Yoshida: Since the launch of PS1!

Q: Even at that launch, you'd never have received an ovation just for saying "we're going to have the same business model as last time".

Shuhei Yoshida: Maybe you're young [laughs]. I was there at our very first E3 in 1995 - it was in a much smaller hall, but this huge standing ovation... When the pricing for the PS1 was announced, around $299, it was... Wow.
Schooled. That was the stuff of legends at the time.

Q: I'll wrap up with an inevitable question which you're probably not going to answer. The Last Guardian - where is it? It's in this building [Sony Studios Japan] somewhere, presumably?

Shuhei Yoshida: Yeah, in this building!

Q: What console is it coming out on?

Shuhei Yoshida: Ahh... That, I cannot talk about.

Q: It doesn't seem to make any sense for it to a PS3 title so late in the lifespan. I know they have PS4 kits in their office, because I heard them talking about them...

Shuhei Yoshida: So, we're waiting for the right time to re-introduce The Last Guardian in an appropriate way. I can't... Well, the game is in development, and it's well staffed, and Ueda-san is here, working - even though he's not a Sony employee, he's dedicated to the product. But we're not ready to update yet.

Q: The hiatus that was talked about at one time, that's over now? It's back in full production?

Shuhei Yoshida: Hiatus, I never... It was Jack Tretton! He used that term, and I said no, hiatus is misleading. It was a hiatus in terms of releasing new information. The game has never stopped - the team has always been here. They're going through the re-engineering of the game, so the team size is smaller, because it's more engineering focused right now.
E3 2014, The Last Guardian re-reveal for PS4 at Christmas.

Q: You did very well from those comparisons at E3, but since then, a lot of things have changed in Microsoft's strategy. That's flattering for Sony - a lot of the things they've changed are now more like your approach - but it meant that by TGS, if I walked between the Microsoft booth and the Sony booth, the consoles now seem quite similar. There aren't any really huge differences any more - so how do you differentiate PS4 today, now that Microsoft has stopped doing unpopular things?

Shuhei Yoshida: We know they're very smart people. It's great that they were able to quickly realise that some of the things they were doing were not popular, and were able to make really quick decisions to change some of those things - even things that their engineering group must have spent a lot of time preparing before the launch. It must have been a very tough time for them. That shows how smart they are, and it shows their dedication to making Xbox One successful.

We never took them lightly. Especially in the States, we are the challenger - we're trying to compete with them. Some of the messaging that they stumbled on just gave us more chances to compete with them in the States. Other markets are very different - in Europe, we have a larger market share and in Japan, we have a much longer history of being here. Being consistent and persistent helps; the legacy and people's associations with the brand, their memories of having a great time before.
Something that can be a weakness but can be a very strong asset for the PlayStation team is the management team that we have. Many of us in key positions have gone through all the transitions from the launch of PS1. Andrew House, Jack Tretton, myself and many of the executives were all there at the beginning. We've gone through great times and pretty difficult times together. I've never worked for another company, so I can just imagine, but we have a very efficient way of discussing issues and being open and honest. We make quick decisions when necessary, and that's something that's very fresh to me.
"We believe this is the most powerful console ever made. The content, the games available, the usage of PS4 surrounding games"

Now, because we work closely with Sony, many people are actually joining SCE headquarters from Sony. The number of smart people on the Sony electronics side is amazing - but all of them who join SCE say that they are amazed by how focused we are on the issues. We have meetings where we just jump onto the issues, make decisions and move on. That's very different from the Sony side, according to them. That history of us working through all the PlayStations of the last 20 years together - including Mark Cerny, who's not a Sony person but has always worked together with us - really helps us, I think, whether we're crafting messages or making sure that everyone knows what other parts of PlayStation are doing.
Graceful and respectful about the MS stuff while also sneakily pointing out one of the well known issues with the other parts of Sony, that they are very insular compared to other industries such as Video Games. Imagine Cerny not being allowed to contract for Sony all these years!

Shuhei Yoshida: However, there are lots of indie people who used to make console games - under large studios or under publishers - and became independent to make the kind of games they wanted to make. Because of the accessibility of the platform, they start out on PC or mobile, but they might find their games are not necessarily best played on these devices. In such cases, moving to console is a perfect match. In a lot of cases, people who brought their games to PS Vita, for example, say that this is the best version of their game.
YES
GET ONTO THOSE DEVS THAT LEFT BIG STUDIOS TO MAKE MOBILE GAMES AND SHUFFLE THEM BACK INTO CORE GAMES!

Studios like Lucid I'm talking about! Those who had to go out on their own, if they can see Vita as a viable platform and can make more involved games again I will be sooooo happy.

Hopefully will give rise to the mid-tier developer again!

Shuhei Yoshida: With this generational transition, from PS3 to PS4, the publishers are smarter now - they're able to develop engines that support multi-generation platforms, not just multi-platform. Many games will come out this year on PS3 and PS4, and Xbox 360 and Xbox One, and PC, sometimes on Wii U as well.
582.gif

Crowd AI behaviour in GTAV is weird. Drive within the law up to traffic lights, do a burnout at the lights, a bunch of guys pull you out of your car for a punch on.

It's awesome when they race you!

Also they want to punch you because you are either black or an arsehole.

The funniest random conversation I heard in GTA5 was when a girl was walking by talking on her phone.

"I don't have my birth control pills, so you will have to pull out".

3AQmK.gif

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Damn. You could probably buy 2x7970s for a single R290X price.

Also looks like 2x7970s will get you 60fps in ultra settings in a bunch of games @ 1440p.

I think i will continue to wait until next gen ports before upgrading.

Anyone here flown premium economy with Virgin? Just got an email offering me the chance to "bid" for an upgrade. Minimum bid is $250 each way. Thoughts?

Bioshock 2 is now on Steam, comes with free Minerva's Den DLC!

Harvey Norman

Humble Weekly Bundle! Steamkeys!
Pay $1 for these 5 games!
Red Faction: Armageddon, Supreme Commander, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, The Guild 2, Neighbours From Hell Compilation (NOT ON STEAM!!!!)

Pay $6 or more to unlock four more games!
Painkiller: Hell & Damnation, ArcaniA, Darksiders II, SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny

Chapman and Pods. WTF are they thinking? Fucking stupid moves, they should be allowed to play out their careers at Geelong :/
Never been a fan of Pods, always lucky to be there at the right time (like Mark "can't play football" Blake) so I wasn't shocked they would let him lapse into delistment.

Chapman is still playing great footy though :(

I heard about Pods, but Chappy too?

And his twin Hunt is going too.

And Corey.

=\

Geelong might be in rebuilding mode in a year or two.
All were on the chopping block even before finals, bad timing I guess for some of them since the Cats have a ton of young players trying to break into the main team.
The cards have fallen the right way for a friends son, Billie Smedts, as he has been hanging in there but not quite enough to cement a spot down back so this clean out should give him enough time in the team to show whether or not he is going to make it at the top.

Omikron

Fairly sure Bio2 was one of those games you could just stick in your key from a retail copy and it added it to steam as well.

So. You should all try that, if you have a retail copy.

edit: just noticed they mention it in the OP of that thread, good times.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So, I'm not a seafood person however I do want to try some fish over the next week as I attempt to actually eat what's suggested for my diet stomach thing.

What fish should i cook? Whats good? easy? blah blah.

Fredescu

So, I'm not a seafood person however I do want to try some fish over the next week as I attempt to actually eat what's suggested for my diet stomach thing.

Salmon is good. Cook it like you would a steak. Rub with salt, sear it on the outside and try to leave it pink in the middle. Even if you overcook it's generally still nice.

r1chard

Are there any other restrictions on the diet - stuff you shouldn't have? How culinarily challenged do you wish to be?

Salmon is good. Cook it like you would a steak. Rub with salt, sear it on the outside and try to leave it pink in the middle. Even if you overcook it's generally still nice.
Would also recommend a tuna steak. Same principle as steak and overcooked tuna is still just fine (though not nearly as nice!).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Are there any other restrictions on the diet - stuff you shouldn't have? How culinarily challenged do you wish to be?

It's the fodmap diet, mostly for IBS. There's a fuck ton of restrictions and i don't even know all of them. I might also try gluten free crap for a day or two during the week as well, see if that does anything.

Top Bottom