• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Rahk

I guess that explains all the people standing on the harbour bridge and on the shores as I passed by this afternoon.

markot

Banned
I can't believe how mad every channel in NSW is going over this fleet review thing. Prince Harry coming to town on top of it that seems to have turned even the ABC into a bunch of insipid idiotic morons. "I wore a special royal blue tie today, I hear he has a thing for ties" jesus loving christ

u r unstralian

CryptiK

Played with it yesterday and today. The Xbone controller is much worse than the Xbox 360 controller

Its all smaller
Everything feels more clock together
The Bumpers and triggers have absolutely TERRIBLE unergonomic positioning.
Feels like it was made for kids(which doesn't surprise me)
Also Dpad is the worst. I have no idea how they went backwards in that department.

What the fuck. I mean, all reports have been that the 180 controller is a step back but since I know you are a bit of a professional gamer Cryptik I'm losing hope I'll like it :(

Played with it yesterday and today. The Xbone controller is much worse than the Xbox 360 controller

Its all smaller
Everything feels more clock together
The Bumpers and triggers have absolutely TERRIBLE unergonomic positioning.
Feels like it was made for kids(which doesn't surprise me)
Also Dpad is the worst. I have no idea how they went backwards in that department.

Well, 12 year old cod and halo players are the biggest consumers of xbox, makes sense.

Tried both today:

PS4 controller is the bomb, longer and fits nicely in your grip
Triggers are just the right amount of response in them
Like how the touchpad is a button too
Dpad is awesome like usual, sticks are very responsive and dont slip - dont feel as loose as PS3
Extra weight is pretty decent, just the right amount now

Xbone - very very loose sticks, felt almost like vita/psp style
there is something off with triggers, feels very odd - not as springy
placement of the sticks is slightly off to what it is on 360, someone said it reminds them of n64
do not like vibration thing thats going on, its really gimicky - sounds good in practice

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Tried both today:

PS4 controller is the bomb, longer and fits nicely in your grip
Triggers are just the right amount of response in them
Like how the touchpad is a button too
Dpad is awesome like usual, sticks are very responsive and dont slip - dont feel as loose as PS3
Extra weight is pretty decent, just the right amount now

Xbone - very very loose sticks, felt almost like vita/psp style
there is something off with triggers, feels very odd - not as springy
placement of the sticks is slightly off to what it is on 360, someone said it reminds them of n64
do not like vibration thing thats going on, its really gimicky - sounds good in practice

have you tried the wii u pro pad? wouldn't mind hearing how it compares / your thoughts now if you've used all 3

Mondy

Banned
Wow, Dick Smith have completely removed the Wii U consoles from their listings. I wonder if anyone else will follow suit.

Had a blast playing GTA online tonight. An 8 hour session with 4 other dudes that just finished. Killed lots of people, raced some cars, played some golf and stole some fighter jets. Great fun.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
mine seems to be a healthy mix, although last night had me and 2 others all playing windwaker hd, then we had super metroid, earthbound, zombi u and raymanz

Stupid me had to order a pal copy of WW HD. Because he couldnt face buying a North American wii. Lucky OGS has no probs with shipping to the US. I also ordered replacement power packs from nintendo direct.

Anyone else have a PS3 superslim? does yours make whirring noises like a robot with every game or just GTAV? without the extra nsulation of a slot loader, it sounds like C3PO running a triathlon.

Also, anyone else getting Beyond this week?

Kritz

Banned
Don't worry, most of AusGaf are using their Wii U consoles as SNES emulators if my friends list is anything to go by ;)

Granted, until Last of Us and GTA came out, I was mostly using my PS3 as a not-very-good PS1 emulator.

And I tend to only turn my Xbox 360 on when I want to scare the cats with the fan noise.

Rahk

Anyone else have a PS3 superslim? does yours make whirring noises like a robot with every game or just GTAV? without the extra nsulation of a slot loader, it sounds like C3PO running a triathlon.?
Sure does. It seems to make those noises in every game, I guess it's more frequent in GTAV though.

Dead Man

Anyone else have a PS3 superslim? does yours make whirring noises like a robot with every game or just GTAV? without the extra nsulation of a slot loader, it sounds like C3PO running a triathlon.

Much noisier than my old fat (RIP). First super slim I bought had a busted laser or something, every time I hear the disc cycle I think this one has died too, hate it.

r1chard

Godus still deserves its nickname "Carpal Tunnel Generator" ouch. Yet can't stop playing.

Bad pie tonight. Used some new small ceramic pie dishes and the pastry didn't cook through. Probably not supposed to use 'em for this kinda pastry. Gonna ditch 'em and get some metal ones. Filling was tasty tho (yay, Poterhouse is still on special).

Shaneus

I didn't realise Godus was out. Just watched the trailer on Steam, actually looks pretty nifty. Right in thinking it's kinda Populous-esque?

Double posting because Knights of Pen & Paper is 50% off and at a buck fifty you need to buy that shit if you have an Android device and have been looking for a playable pocket RPG: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=br.com.beholdstudios.knightspp&hl=en-GB

cheers fred. picked it up a few days ago and enjoying it so far.

Also thanks to Danoss too. I finally got around to watching The Genius (just one episode so far). Haven't seen anything quite like it before. It's like the strategical component of shows like Survivor and The Mole but in a much better way and with more interesting results.

Who was the one person you didn't enjoy watching?

Gazunta

Shaneus yeah it's very Populous-like. I haven't played this week's update but I liked what I tried a few weeks ago.

Whee does it say Jeff Green's left Popcap? I know he's a part of that new magazine that's getting Kickstarted...

Tonight I uploaded the 200th Blow The Cartridge comic. If you want more, I could really do with some encouragement right about now.

Dryk

Re: Pro Controller. I wonder what analogue triggers did to Iwata's family between the Gamecube and Wii

Re: Wii U friend list's activities. I don't have any Wii U friends :(

Whe(ed: r)e does it say Jeff Green's left Popcap? I know he's a part of that new magazine that's getting Kickstarted...

Tonight I uploaded the 200th Blow The Cartridge comic. If you want more, I could really do with some encouragement right about now.

Didn't you check the thread I linked? He also says it at the start of the livestream I linked.

Also your comics are great! Link them here more! I rarely get on Twitter now :(

Omikron

Finished Spec Ops: The Line

- Production all over the shop, ie some pixellated/compressed video cutscenes, some in engine, all switch out the weapon you have currently to the standard. HATE.
- 3rd person shooter gameplay is kinda meh
- Your 'colleagues' are less than useless
- Controls are beyond wonky using KB/M
- The ending is kinda interesting

I think that sums up that game.

Dryk

- Production all over the shop, ie some pixellated/compressed video cutscenes, some in engine, all switch out the weapon you have currently to the standard. HATE.
Isn't that pretty standard bullshit for a game of this era? Even Deus Ex and Mass Effect 2 did it >:|

Rezbit

Nailed it.

Wut. You can cruise through the first half of the game just by using them.

Try playing on harder difficulties mate :p

Controls and TPS mechanics were bad on console too.

I did, on PC and 360. Ran out of time on the 360 version though before I had to take the rental back. Played like any other TPS on 360. The slide to cover came in damn handy though.

Top Bottom