• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Danoss

Also thanks to Danoss too. I finally got around to watching The Genius (just one episode so far). Haven't seen anything quite like it before. It's like the strategical component of shows like Survivor and The Mole but in a much better way and with more interesting results.

Who was the one person you didn't enjoy watching?

Glad you enjoyed it. I wish I could watch it for the first time all over again, I love it that much. I think the new season starts next month and it cannot come soon enough.

That first episode really showed how much can arise from something so simple and really sets the tone for the show. Just wait until episode 5 or 6, I won't say anything more, but it is so damn good in every way. Episode 9 or 10 has one moment that absolutely blew me away, I had a feeling something was coming and even then, no amount of suspicion could have prepared me for what was demonstrated. The level of intelligence, observance and deduction in such a short period of time is astounding.

Min Seo, the auctioneer, was the one that I didn't much like. She uses a degree of conniving that I didn't appreciate at all. While Sang Min has a similar approach, it's not the only tool in his arsenal by any stretch, and given that he is very charismatic he doesn't rub me the wrong way at all – the opposite, in fact.

oh thats what that is, based on the people talking about it in steam chat i thought it was another korean dating show. survivor and the mole sounds like a fun mix. i shall check it out

hamchan

Glad you enjoyed it. I wish I could watch it for the first time all over again, I love it that much. I think the new season starts next month and it cannot come soon enough.

That first episode really showed how much can arise from something so simple and really sets the tone for the show. Just wait until episode 5 or 6, I won't say anything more, but it is so damn good in every way. Episode 9 or 10 has one moment that absolutely blew me away, I had a feeling something was coming and even then, no amount of suspicion could have prepared me for what was demonstrated. The level of intelligence, observance and deduction in such a short period of time is astounding.

Min Seo, the auctioneer, was the one that I didn't much like. She uses a degree of conniving that I didn't appreciate at all. While Sang Min has a similar approach, it's not the only tool in his arsenal by any stretch, and given that he is very charismatic he doesn't rub me the wrong way at all – the opposite, in fact.

I think I'm biased towards Hong Jin-Ho because I know him from watching Starcraft. I also really like Sung-kyu, just seems like a funny, good-natured guy.

My favorite ep so far is ep 7, the open/pass card game. One moment in that blew me away.

Danoss

oh thats what that is, based on the people talking about it in steam chat i thought it was another korean dating show. survivor and the mole sounds like a fun mix. i shall check it out

Yes!

I think I'm biased towards Hong Jin-Ho because I know him from watching Starcraft. I also really like Sung-kyu, just seems like a funny, good-natured guy.

My favorite ep so far is ep 7, the open/pass card game. One moment in that blew me away.

I couldn't play favourites the more I watched the show, they're all so likable in their own way. You have to like Jin Ho just because of the way he plays the game.

Open/pass was the ep that had the moment I was talking about, gave me goosebumps!

Deeku

Finished Spec Ops: The Line

- Production all over the shop, ie some pixellated/compressed video cutscenes, some in engine, all switch out the weapon you have currently to the standard. HATE.
- 3rd person shooter gameplay is kinda meh
- Your 'colleagues' are less than useless
- Controls are beyond wonky using KB/M
- The ending is kinda interesting

I think that sums up that game.
Finished The Last of Us

- Played through it in two and a half sittings, not sure I wanna do that with a game again..
- The game looked stunning
- I like Ellie
- I died heaps cos I suck

I didn't sum up that game very well!

Finished Spec Ops: The Line

- Production all over the shop, ie some pixellated/compressed video cutscenes, some in engine, all switch out the weapon you have currently to the standard. HATE.
- 3rd person shooter gameplay is kinda meh
- Your 'colleagues' are less than useless
- Controls are beyond wonky using KB/M

I think that sums up that game.

That's all that really stuck with me. The game was as standard as you get.

r1chard

Almost picked up Last Of Us on the weekend. Bought new gaming headset instead (for a LAN next Saturday, so slightly more urgent).

Jintor

Played some Diablo 3 on consoles with friends.

- Works pretty well. Buttons map to skills and you can just remap them at will.
- It's pretty fun yo.
- We're idiots and only had 3 controllers for 4 people so hotswapping kind of blew

Omikron

Nailed it.

8)

Isn't that pretty standard bullshit for a game of this era? Even Deus Ex and Mass Effect 2 did it >:|

The vast majority, yeah I agree. I don't have to like it though!

Wut. You can cruise through the first half of the game just by using them.

Maybe, I find they would just do stupid crap all the time, like run out of cover and try and melee the guys, instead of just firing at them. Plus, their accuracy sucks and they take forever to actually kill a guy.

That's all that really stuck with me. The game was as standard as you get.

Yup!

more reviews need to be like this

I think so! I might actually read reviews. :>

ibp4fh7HqObtmH.jpg

Brue brue skies and sea

Also popped Rayman back in since I actually have some people on my friendlist playing it now.

ibhtxuGJrtXrE0.jpg

Man, that's a pretty game.

Also also 2/9 off 8 overs what are you doing NSW.

Arksy

Spec Ops wasn't expertly made, but it was expertly written, IMO.

A great modern take on Apocalypse Now, wait no I mean Heart of Darkness.

GTA5 has spoiled me for open world games. Watch Dogs looks so.... last gen to me? Hard to express it. Just deflated on that game now.

Was it Megadrive looking for Aquarium tickets? Melbourne Aquarium tickets for $21.50

Also Target will have Playstation Move bundle; camera, wand & Wonderbook: Book of Spells for $39 from Thursday

2-for-1 Tickets at Palace Cinemas

Need for Speed Most Wanted on 360 for $20 posted
Dishonoured on 360/PS3 for $27 posted

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
GTA5 has spoiled me for open world games. Watch Dogs looks so.... last gen to me? Hard to express it. Just deflated on that game now.

Was it Megadrive looking for Aquarium tickets? Melbourne Aquarium tickets for $21.50

Also Target will have Playstation Move bundle; camera, wand & Wonderbook: Book of Spells for $39 from Thursday

2-for-1 Tickets at Palace Cinemas

Need for Speed Most Wanted on 360 for $20 posted
Dishonoured on 360/PS3 for $27 posted

God damn :(

Does anyone wanna grab me a cheap museum ticket? I won't be able to make it there in person during their open hours :( and i would like to go!

Has anyone pre-ordered with Play-Asia? I have Pokemon X and Y pre-ordered with Amazon (US), but I'm thinking of cancelling my order and opening one with Play-Asia, if it means it will arrive sooner.

Deeku

I loved Heart of Darkness but I couldn't think of a worse book to ruin in a high school English class.
probably! i've gone back and actually read a few of my high school stuff and they're good books! except Emma, cos screw her!

Has anyone pre-ordered with Play-Asia? I have Pokemon X and Y pre-ordered with Amazon, but I'm thinking of canceling my order and opening one with Play-Asia, if it means it will arrive sooner.
getting playasia with fedex would be quicker than amazon

Amazon US or UK? My orders from amazon US with regular shipping always arrive in 4-5 days.

Amazon US. Monday is a holiday though, so it might hold up shipping.

probably! i've gone back and actually read a few of my high school stuff and they're good books! except Emma, cos screw her!

getting playasia with fedex would be quicker than amazon

Does Play-Asia typically get stock on release date?

Halp.

I'm addicted to the miiverse.

I've already posted more from Zelda than I had from any other game I played so far. Stuff like selfies with the PictoBox and the Tingle Bottle really encourage it, but I think the fact that I'm roughly familiar with the game (got it when it first came out and beat it in... 2004, I think?... but haven't played it since) helps too as I've got a rough idea of when neat things are coming up and I'm not as concerned about just interrupting shit and missing things.

Miiverse is fun, though. Game Twitter with built-in screenshot functionality can be a lot more addictive than you'd think.

Deeku

Does Play-Asia typically get stock on release date?
they usually ship on release, or sometimes a day before/after. usually! pokemon is weird since its release date is a saturday, so either it ships on the friday before or the monday after. how long it takes to get to you depends where in aus you are, eg if you're in syd, like i was, it's like next day. other states, a bit longer.

Bwahahahaha.

also- those who do, do. Those who can't, you know, teach and stuff and everything like that and shit.*

*This is not directed at teaching ausgaf, just someone who I used to know.

America update.

Fun fact: In Australia, whenever I bought something, Billing Address was supposed to be the address your CC/ Bank is registered at. In the US, it merely means the address that's be sent an Invoice. Apart from iTunes, no one cares if you use an aussie CC.

I ate a juicy Filet Mignon last night that I bought from Target. I might try a drive-through bank this week. If I drank coffee, I'd try out the drive through Starbucks. If I drank coffee, I'd try out a Bikini Barista.

Netflix is pretty cool. Catching up on Arrested Develop S4. It won't replace DVD/BR for a lot of stuff I like, but for stuff I used to buy really cheap just to see once, it's great. Also signed on to Amazon Prime. They sell Vegemite 600g jars. Nuff' said.

And some rumour that's been going around for months about somewhere between 2 and 100 episodes of 60's Doctor Who have been returned (there are still 106 episodes that don't exist). Apparently some announcement tuesday/wednesday and potentially some eps on iTunes, etc this week. Which I probably won't have access to. Can't have everything.

Lastly, I fucking hate the flight school in GTAV. You can tell who ends up playing as infantry in Battlefield.

Lastly, I fucking hate the flight school in GTAV. You can tell who ends up playing as infantry in Battlefield.

Worst thing about it is how short and easy it is. Only one really challenging helicopter trial and even that can be done on first try for Silver. Wish it had at least 3 time more trials.

Also why the fuck no driving school?!? That was awesome in GTA SA.

Without a doubt though the worst, WORST thing about GTA5 is that they didn't step up to the competition and include indicators.

NO FUCKING INDICATORS.

One of those things you never cared about in previous iterations too much about until other games actually put it in. Like Sleepy Dogs.

NOW ITS FUCKING POT LUCK IF SOME CUNT IS GOING TO JUT OUT ACROSS ME AT THE LAST SECOND AS I GO HURTLING ALONG AT WARP SPEED

Idiots.

Seriously!

Game is dense as fuck with cool shit yet they leave out indicators.

Smack my head.

Deeku

NOW ITS FUCKING POT LUCK IF SOME CUNT IS GOING TO JUT OUT ACROSS ME AT THE LAST SECOND AS I GO HURTLING ALONG AT WARP SPEED
i hate this so much. can't they just do random traffic patterns instead of patterns designed to make a player react? or at least have it not happen all the freakin time!

Arksy

Ahahahaha. Austin is one of my favourite authors!

Emma isn't her best work, but Austin's worst is still better than almost everyone else's best.

Worst thing about it is how short and easy it is. Only one really challenging helicopter trial and even that can be done on first try for Silver. Wish it had at least 3 time more trials.

Also why the fuck no driving school?!? That was awesome in GTA SA.

Without a doubt though the worst, WORST thing about GTA5 is that they didn't step up to the competition and include indicators.

NO FUCKING INDICATORS.

One of those things you never cared about in previous iterations too much about until other games actually put it in. Like Sleepy Dogs.

Idiots.

Seriously!

Game is dense as fuck with cool shit yet they leave out indicators.

Smack my head.

No one in L.A. uses indicators, so why would they in Los Santos? It's actually a very accurate LA traffic simulator apart from freeways moving fast in the game. That's just not right.

Hey, I found a hotel I stayed in a few times in the game.

Sure glad I didn't do anything stupid like subscribing to XBL Gold for GTA Online. I never had any problems with it running but it's not exactly great.

Some of the missions are fun, but it's all pretty much forgettable. Maybe the missions are more interesting at higher levels, but I have no intention of finding out.

Top Bottom