• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
LETTING GO!

So hard .. But FUCK I need to learn how to do it correctly. Let the fun begin.

Dead Man - Wish my beard was as nice as yours.

Pro tip: Buy a video game.

I recommend the new Batman game if you liked the previous ones! Apparently it's pretty great even if it does continue the template of the first two games.

I'm a real thrifty basterd but I just can't bring myself to sell my games. Which sucks because it would make this hobby so much cheaper! It isn't like these things increase in value these days now that digital distribution is in place.

I guess it's kinda our generations version of having a moderately stocked bookcase for people to notice and create ice breakers out of. Not up to collector levels, just common man kinda stuff. But common man with awesome taste.

I know what you mean.I was collecting PS3 games for so long but with work, an attempt to have a social life and general laziness, who has the time to play the same game more than once unless it is something really spectacular or has an amazing and immersive multiplayer?

Sold GTA5 this morning for $60 :p

Only one game?

Oh, that's right: You're a Wii U owner.

582.gif

markot

Banned
If anyone thought that was funny, well, that explains those stupid dvds that are everywhere about some dude dressing up as a chick cause thats hilarious isnt it! GO WATCH THE FOOTY SHOW! THE PINNACLE OF COMEDY IN THE WESTERN WORLD SINCE ANCIENT ATHENS.

Deeku

but don't you need to meet up for the transaction? that's pretty risky! plus i dont want human contact when selling my crap!

but don't you need to meet up for the transaction? that's pretty risky! plus i dont want human contact when selling my crap!

Can be risky if you give your address out to everyone who wants to buy your stuff. I normally arrange to meet in a shopping centre or other public place, always better that way, and there's no harm in meeting new people. Even though most will be in a hurry to grab the stuff and leave, some can offer good conversations. I've added 5-6 people on psn who bought my games, 2 of them were cute girls. :)

Man up deek.

Gazunta

*facepalm* Just got the floorplan for Supanova Brisbane. We'd booked 3 artists alley spaces (one for Bulba, one for my wife, and one for Purple Kecleon who's visiting from the US). But for some reason, the tables haven't been placed together. Thankfully, there's a double space next to the Bulba table which they surely should be able to move to place the other two in....but who knows if they'll be willing to shift things around at this stage of events.
Yikes.

Did you order all the tables at the same time in the one application?

Maybe email Sofia and see what she can do? Might be too late now but worth a shot.

I haven't seen the floor plan yet...any chance you can pass it on?

Edit: Bern, now that you're giving up games you can post of AusGAF more.

And give us first dibs on the collection you bugger

For the first time since they moved supanova into the middle of exam block, I may actually be able to make it.

EDIT: wow that's beautiful. I wish we had a proper autumn here..

Also I just bought 30 games for $14 even though I probably won't play them, so that says a lot about my video game habit :/

I just wanna be this guy one day!

2000 is a lot of games.

Sorry for the double post, but I thought I'd let y'all know that Jet star is doing 990 yen ($10) flights from Tokyo/Osaka to the Gold coast or Cairns.

http://www.jetstar.com/jp/ja/specia...tail&utm_campaign=20131025_luckyfridaysale_jp

All gone.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
The gov is a very nice venue to go to. I love the bands that are playing. Ran into my ex husband. Not quite as awkward as anticipated. I need another beer.

Bring on korpiklaani!

markot

Banned
The gov is a very nice venue to go to. I love the bands that are playing. Ran into my ex husband. Not quite as awkward as anticipated. I need another beer.

Bring on korpiklaani!
We speak English in Australia.

Oh, wait, is ran into my ex husband literal or the name of a band?

I picked up my new car today

Mid-life crisis averted.
Wait, you bought an MX-5? How is that not a mid-life crisis car!

Bring on korpiklaani!

Shouldn't that be vodka???

Spoiler: I don't love folk metal or pirate metal. That stuff is either too jokey or too lifestyle for me. Love the classic metal guitar lines though. Makes me wish more straight up metal would play some proper fucking chugging guitar lines again like they did in the 80's and 90's.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
We speak English in Australia.

Oh, wait, is ran into my ex husband literal or the name of a band?
No I literally ran into him. He was nice at first. Then he comes up to me and that he's gonna die tomorrow. Thanks...

Wait, you bought an MX-5? How is that not a mid-life crisis car!

Shouldn't that be vodka???

Spoiler: I don't love folk metal or pirate metal. That stuff is either too jokey or too lifestyle for me. Love the classic metal guitar lines though. Makes me wish more straight up metal would play some proper fucking chugging guitar lines again like they did in the 80's and 90's.
If I drink vodka I can't drive. Plus they have a song called beer beer. It works itself out

Huh, I haven't done a blog-like post in a while have I!

SO here we go!

On my venture to the alcoholic beverage shop keep I noticed zero bargains on frothy beer. Boo hiss.
Luckily though they had these very alcoholic, very tasty due to the "why didn't I think of that!?!" mixture of flavours, booze on clearance for like $2 a can.

It's tasty and potent Jim!

In cat related news our little guy has recently staked his claim over the boys old little chair. Works out okay since our son jumps all over the couch but is quite entertaining to see the cat smooshed up at weird angles on it at times! Oh that cat!

Anyone else have 'weird places cats sleep' stories? Coco had a habit while younger of hiding in every cupboard that had a door ajar. Too much effort these days for him though! I guess it isn't as funny for him any more :(

{ENDTRANSMISSION}

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
2222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222l,.llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

i went to reply to your post rep... and my cat decided that she wanted to stand on the keyboard... so you get the above as a response..

but the correct answer is she likes to sleep on my shoulders or chest. then poke me in the eyes with her paws when she stretches.

Yikes.

Did you order all the tables at the same time in the one application?

Maybe email Sofia and see what she can do? Might be too late now but worth a shot.

I haven't seen the floor plan yet...any chance you can pass it on?

Edit: Bern, now that you're giving up games you can post of AusGAF more.

And give us first dibs on the collection you bugger

Yeah, all the tables were ordered at the same time. They're 3 separate bookings, since that's how I was told to do them, but they're all on the one account and the receipts are labeled as "Bulba", "Bulba1" and "Bulba2", so it's not as if they thought they were separate or anything. I've emailed Giampaolo and it looks like they may be able to fix it, though there's a chance it won't be reflected on the floor plan since that had apparently already gone to the printers. Waiting to hear back with confirmation.

The floor plan is up on your exhibitor dashboard. Right down the bottom of the list of files you see when you login.

There is little point in me retaining a collection of games that I will never play. Some might be worth a bit of cash - others not so much.

Should I just haul them off to EB, or go the eBay route? A few are even still in the plastic.

Honestly, I think you'd get fairer value just selling them here. Any chance you could give us a list of what might be on offer?

Anyone else have 'weird places cats sleep' stories? Coco had a habit while younger of hiding in every cupboard that had a door ajar. Too much effort these days for him though! I guess it isn't as funny for him any more :(

Walked into the Kitchen one day and found one of our cats sleeping on the Toaster, yep, just a regular arse Toaster.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
it really is danoss!

watched the first ep so far.

Yellow is the best.

also, just so no one feels like you're missing out, here's the log from steam chat so far today:

Sunday, 27 October 2013
8:45 AM - BananaArnie disconnected.
8:47 AM - BananaArnie entered chat.
8:48 AM - BananaArnie disconnected.
8:51 AM - BananaArnie entered chat.
8:59 AM - BananaArnie disconnected.
9:06 AM - BananaArnie entered chat.
9:06 AM - BananaArnie disconnected.
9:08 AM - BananaArnie entered chat.
9:11 AM - BananaArnie disconnected.
9:16 AM - BananaArnie entered chat.
9:17 AM - BananaArnie disconnected.