• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Looks like DSE will be doing a PS4 bundle, 2 controllers with Killzone and a PS Eye for $699. Uncertain release date though.

I have pre-ordered exactly that from Dickies, last week. The two blokes working there at least confirmed it is coming in with the second shipment for Australia, so the week before Christmas. I personally don't mind waiting a couple (or few) extra weeks to get a PS4, as it will give everything time to settle a bit :D

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
im leaning towards a ps4, having never had a ps console well i had a psx late into the generation, like 99.

are there any decent jrpgs lined up so far

all ive seen is pew pew broddude shooters for both consoles.

Final Fantasy 15. Kingdom Hearts 3.

i need to take up smoking so i can sit down and have a cigarette after that.
Damn right. I sit up and pay attention every time it pops on the J's. Unnfff.

You haven't played it yet? Should have told me, would have sent you my copy instead of selling it.
Heh, I've basically every detail about it so I can experience it fully!

McDonald's doesn't know how to make a burger, THIS guy knows how to make a burger.
Does he make them for $4 and hand to me as I drive past after a fucking long day at the local show with my wife and son? If so awesome, otherwise I just need something comforting and halfway filling! Taste is a bonus :)

Also we made burgers the other night, as well as bacon, egg & salad focaccias today for lunch. Soo good.

HolyCheck

9vpBgMd.jpg
BuZHNvW.jpg

for ankh and shaneus. took the one with flash to give scale

first time ive had stable enough internet to stream it properly. so its so exciting

Gazunta

Spent the weekend in Western Sydney. It was amazing being more important than everyone else in Australia for a day or two. I remember at one point I was thirsty while walking around town and some politician ran up to me, apologised for the delay, and gave me a bottle of water, before running off again. Everyone in Western Sydney is just that important!

Also Bondi is really nice and I spent too much on useless crap on Paddys Market.

HolyCheck

Rear projection aye

We've got the same mug
It really might be the best mug I've ever owned.

Great size, excellent handle. Can fit your entire hand through the handle. I can't stress how great that is. Too many coffee cups these days do not allow for that.

AssCreed4: The Ballard of Jack Sparrow's Reloaded Matrix is $58 on 360/PS3 at Target & Big W.

Loving these low, low prices for end of generation launches!

That's actually front projection, otherwise known as "projection". This is rear projection:
aAK2MDZ.jpg

:p

Those fuckers had a lifespan of about 36 months :/

HolyCheck

Yep.

Had one, probably the same model! After about 2 and a bit years image got fucked, half the screen would have a slight green tint to it

It really might be the best mug I've ever owned.

Great size, excellent handle. Can fit your entire hand through the handle. I can't stress how great that is. Too many coffee cups these days do not allow for that.

Hadn't really thought about it haha but yeah It's amazing to be able to hold it properly and hold it without touching the cup with the back of your hand. A+

That's actually front projection, otherwise known as "projection". This is rear projection:
aAK2MDZ.jpg

:p

Well fuck.
I'll direct myself to ]this thread

Lou Reed- going to listen to one his albums at random in tribute, Hmm, Metal Machine Music. *presses play*

OK

*presses stop*

Perfect Day seems an ironic thing to play but that's my favourite song of his.

Omikron

Also, gaming related double post!

Played tons of Sleeping Dogs yesterday while recovering. First open world game in ages I have actually enjoyed, probably because it is simply fun to play and glitchy as fuck.

Like, how does this even happen?

4 out of 5 Nomad Souls.

Gazunta

*goes into office*
*cues up all the Lou Reed music in the office playlist*
*finds there are only four Lou Reed songs in the playlist*
*writes resignation letter*

Fredescu

Australian music was amazing in the 90s. Check out the Quarantine soundtrack as an example! It's popular among many gamers worldwide who hadn't heard of any of the bands. My opinion on any other era of music is ignorant and uninformed, so I won't pass judgement on current Australian music.

Danoss, I'm finding the Kindle Paperwhite light to be pretty great. There are many increments to the brightness setting, so it's very likely that you'll find a setting that works for you. I think I've settled on 7 (out of 24) which is dull enough not to be annoying in a completely black room, and not to even notice there's a light on in normal lighting. I'm sure you could make it bright in bright light and dull in dull light but I'd prefer to have one preferred setting and not to have to fiddle.

x3n05, after a bit of time with the touch screen, it has it's pros and cons. It's definitely nice and responsive and only needs a light tap or flick to turn the page. It's much easier to look up the definition of a word with a long touch instead of tap tap tapping with the keys to hunt for the word. The long touch brings up a dialog with two tabs, one for the dictionary and one for wikipedia, which is pretty awesome. If you're a dullard like me, this is super handy.

The main downside to it is that I've read when reading to toddlers it's good to point at the words, but doing this is a complete pain when you can't touch the screen.

Also, gaming related double post!

Played tons of Sleeping Dogs yesterday while recovering. First open world game in ages I have actually enjoyed, probably because it is simply fun to play and glitchy as fuck.

Like, how does this even happen?

4 out of 5 Nomad Souls.

Haha that's amazing.
Kinda sad I missed out on that. Finished Sleepy Dogs without a hitch/glitch.

Omikron

Haha that's amazing.
Kinda sad I missed out on that. Finished Sleepy Dogs without a hitch/glitch.

Haha, if you want car glitches, just drive them into small spaces / onto edges of buildings and stairs. The physics engine really bugs out and you end up in all sorts of weird places.

As for other stuff, its really all over the shop, AI pathing onto door frames and getting stuck, characters 'holding' items, but the item is about a foot away from their hands, characters talking to other characters that forgot to be spawned... all sorts of stuff is just broken.

HolyCheck

post for clipper!

So I finished Phoenix Wright last night! well the first 4 missions, then I got the credits.

I began the 5th and final post credits mission, but only got 20 minutes in.

Such a fun game! I'd always wanted to play it, and thanks for spurring me to do so. I think i'll hold out on playing PW5 until i've finished the first four!

senahorse

Australian music was amazing in the 90s. Check out the Quarantine soundtrack as an example! It's popular among many gamers worldwide who hadn't heard of any of the bands. My opinion on any other era of music is ignorant and uninformed, so I won't pass judgement on current Australian music.

Danoss, I'm finding the Kindle Paperwhite light to be pretty great. There are many increments to the brightness setting, so it's very likely that you'll find a setting that works for you. I think I've settled on 7 (out of 24) which is dull enough not to be annoying in a completely black room, and not to even notice there's a light on in normal lighting. I'm sure you could make it bright in bright light and dull in dull light but I'd prefer to have one preferred setting and not to have to fiddle.

x3n05, after a bit of time with the touch screen, it has it's pros and cons. It's definitely nice and responsive and only needs a light tap or flick to turn the page. It's much easier to look up the definition of a word with a long touch instead of tap tap tapping with the keys to hunt for the word. The long touch brings up a dialog with two tabs, one for the dictionary and one for wikipedia, which is pretty awesome. If you're a dullard like me, this is super handy.

The main downside to it is that I've read when reading to toddlers it's good to point at the words, but doing this is a complete pain when you can't touch the screen.

Thanks for the feedback on it. I will certainly consider it, but maybe when my 3 breaks :)

Fredescu

Thanks for the feedback on it. I will certainly consider it, but maybe when my 3 breaks :)

Yeah, I wouldn't have bothered if it weren't for my broken 3. It's really nice though. I also got the official cover when feels very nice. When you open the cover, it automatically wakes up the Kindle.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
post for clipper!

So I finished Phoenix Wright last night! well the first 4 missions, then I got the credits.

I began the 5th and final post credits mission, but only got 20 minutes in.

Such a fun game! I'd always wanted to play it, and thanks for spurring me to do so. I think i'll hold out on playing PW5 until i've finished the first four!

You are in for a truly epic ride.

Honestly I think I should spend my holidays replaying the whole series.. it's been too long.

Anyone still have a preorder locked with Amazon? I feel like I'm gonna regret not having a local console at one point or another and I pretty much preordered it in the first place for shits and giggles but now, I kind of want it. I have a pretty good bluray player but I'm still kind of wary.

What should I do?

Does anyone know if consoles are ever cheaper duty free? I'm heading to Japan in december, and was contemplating nabbing a PS4 when I get back.

Alternatively, could I bring a PS4 with me to Japan and sell it for 2 arms and a leg?

senahorse

Yeah, I wouldn't have bothered if it weren't for my broken 3. It's really nice though. I also got the official cover when feels very nice. When you open the cover, it automatically wakes up the Kindle.

That's a nifty little feature. I also like the inbuilt light it has. We have the official covers on our 3's with the light built into the case (powered by the kindle), but I certainly would prefer it built into the device, at least the light would be more even.

HolyCheck

Does anyone know if consoles are ever cheaper duty free? I'm heading to Japan in december, and was contemplating nabbing a PS4 when I get back.

Alternatively, could I bring a PS4 with me to Japan and sell it for 2 arms and a leg?

Do yourself a favour and use that money when in Japan on second hand rare videogame thingies!

Akihabara + money spend up a storm!

I still value my limited edition NES gba sp and my soul calibur 2 gamecube fighting stick and my hori gc snes pad highly!

Top Bottom