• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Shaneus

In cat related news our little guy has recently staked his claim over the boys old little chair. Works out okay since our son jumps all over the couch but is quite entertaining to see the cat smooshed up at weird angles on it at times! Oh that cat!
Man, you have a REALLY big cat.
Or a really small couch, but I choose to ignore your statement and just think MASSIVE CAT.

PS. I choose to revel in the shit that's happening in this thread:
iIsZoRiIj4xQD.png

DxWwSmW.png
"next" gen lolz

Danoss

God dammit Danoss, I started watching the genius.

ITS REALLY FUCKING GOOD.!

it really is danoss!

watched the first ep so far.

Yellow is the best.

It is so pleasing that more people are getting into the show. I'm glad you're both enjoying it and would love to be in your shoes watching it for the first time again. I hope you get as much or more enjoyment out of it as I did.

Just over 2 weeks until it returns for another season.

Yessssss finally ordered The Last of Us for $42 posted brand new with a coupon. Damn game has held it's price well!

Also Xbox 360 fightsticks work on 180 Dev Kits but they will be blocked on retail units..... :/

This dude doing an unpack of the Playstation Camera is hyped as fuck lol
Totally want to watch him open up a PS4 when it happens!

I'll finish this post with a picture of our son in his Fat Controller getup that he wore at his 3rd birthday party! Was cobbled together from old clothes and cardboard lol Looked classy as all hell, hated wearing it though.

This can never be topped for best GAF related in-joke

ibzG4p2WboFlCL.gif

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
It is so pleasing that more people are getting into the show. I'm glad you're both enjoying it and would love to be in your shoes watching it for the first time again. I hope you get as much or more enjoyment out of it as I did.

Just over 2 weeks until it returns for another season.

Really? 2 weeks? FUCK YEA!

I hope the same guy does the subs.

markot

Banned
Was he called the fat controller in Thomas?! I always thought it was fact or something and that was some special train job.

Thats kind of mean Ringo!

Shaneus

Also Xbox 360 fightsticks work on 180 Dev Kits but they will be blocked on retail units..... :/
BTW. Sorry to disappoint anyone as I know your money and time is valuable. I wanted to clear up the misconception that Mad Catz has any say of having our Xbox 360 products work/be compatible with Xbox One.

It is not something that is in our control. Personally I've already stated that I would love for our old products to work.

Cheers.
truthfact :(

I'll finish this post with a picture of our son in his Fat Controller getup that he wore at his 3rd birthday party! Was cobbled together from old clothes and cardboard lol Looked classy as all hell, hated wearing it though.
Regardless of whether he's tipping his hat or merely adjusting it, god damn that's an adorable photo. Daw etc.

hows sonic lost worlds???

Not really liking it, unfortunately. Sonic's core mechanics are good, but the new style of level design hasn't really made for fun stages so far. The cylinders and halfpipes thing doesn't really work for me, though some other people seem to be liking it a bit more. Looks nice and the music is great, though.

Shame, because they were on a good run with Unleashed/Colours/Generations. One step forward, two steps back I guess. If they keep the reworked moveset but go back to something more like Colours' stage design for the next game I think this should just be a slight stumble.

Danoss

Really? 2 weeks? FUCK YEA!

I hope the same guy does the subs.

November 11. I marked it in my Google Calendar so I didn't forget.

They were really good and quick with the subs. I've subbed to the channel, fingers crossed. I'll probably have F5 taped down when the day comes.

Big W has great prices but terrible control over their stock, at least at the local one. For the second time in a row, I tried to buy a game from them and they have the case on the shelf but don't have any discs in stock. Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101. And the time I bought a game there before that, GTA V launch day, they didn't have any cases on the shelf but took 10 minutes to find they had the games out the back.

Also, what's up with not having price stickers and instead having scanners customers have to use for games instead. I wonder whether people are more likely to buy something once they've picked it up, and that's part of the thinking?

Deeku

tame impala is pretty rad, they're australian!

Dammit, Sen's Fortress.
lol, i decided to get back into dark souls, hadn't touched it since early 2012! so yesterday i rang the second bell, then discovered this whole other area that I haven't done yet, then beat the crap out of a butterfly. i think i'm on my way to sen's!

my character kinda sucks though, shouldn't have gone with a dex build

markot

Banned
Its kind of comedic that in an era of 4k displays, consoles are just barely hitting 1080!

Haha I say!

Whats the point of a next gen consoles at all?

All the good games will come to PC.

The resolution is terrible.

Graphics are PC mid tier.

Pay for online.

Games more expensive.

The only positive to consoles is Nintendo games, and tahts why I got Nintendo consoles.

So, enjoy your cul de sac of terminal idiocy, because unless console generations are slimmed down to 3 years, your going to be playing games on your ipad which look better, are cheaper, and so forth!

Arksy

Its kind of comedic that in an era of 4k displays, consoles are just barely hitting 1080!

Haha I say!

Whats the point of a next gen consoles at all?

All the good games will come to PC.

The resolution is terrible.

Graphics are PC mid tier.

Pay for online.

Games more expensive.

The only positive to consoles is Nintendo games, and tahts why I got Nintendo consoles.

So, enjoy your cul de sac of terminal idiocy, because unless console generations are slimmed down to 3 years, your going to be playing games on your ipad which look better, are cheaper, and so forth!

A lot of them will, but that's wishful thinking. Even in this generation there's a heap of console exclusives that I wouldn't have been able to play if I didn't at least pick up one console on the way. (Catherine, RDR, Bayonetta, Dragon's Dogma, etc)

Edit: You're right about everything else though. Consoles even make really shitty media players these days. Are any of the new ones going to have mkv support?

markot

Banned
Thats because it was a transition gen. Now there is no reason to not port to PC given the architecture is the same.

Sony and Msoft shot themselves in the foot.

Shaneus

New Avalanches track is fucking goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood :)
Holy.

oh oh. I actually tried that one. As someone who doesn't like maccas, it was actually fairly decent. Would recommend.
I know, I was pleasantly surprised as well. I took the tomato out (I don't hate it, but while I don't mind the flavour, I can't acclimatise myself with the texture :/) and was happy with what my mouth experienced. Couldn't believe they knew to slightly overcook the bacon so it was crunchy. No idea whether that's just my local Mickey D's or it's nation-wide, but it's good.

I don't make a habit of getting food from there, but if I had to, I would get it again. Between this and the Son of Mac, they've been on a roll (pun not intended, but I'll take it).

Missed this, haven't tried that one but the wife and I had the Hawaiian Quarter Pounder from Maccas last night and I actually thought it was pretty interesting! The bit of pineapple was nice on the hot day yesterday.
Give it a crack, as I said above I took the tomato out but it was a good, freshly-made burger (nothing was dry or soggy or whatever, burger was moist enough). Kinda glad I did it.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Shit they still haven't released their follow-up to Since I Left You? I thought they released their newest album already.;p

to quote an australian song, the reason for no new album yet:
Better get a lawyer son. better get a real good one

get yourself a suit and tie, get your haircut way up high. get yourself a lawyer son, you're gonna need a real good one.

Also, what's up with not having price stickers and instead having scanners customers have to use for games instead. I wonder whether people are more likely to buy something once they've picked it up, and that's part of the thinking?
They have had them for years now. Half the time they don't bloody work :/

Let me play Devil's Advocate here for a moment.

According to the Steam Hardware Survey most recently conducted in September of 2013, according to those who gave responses we can see that 3.92% of people run resolutions over 1080p on their PC monitor.

4K displays still cost a FUCKTON of money, especially 4K TV's. ESPECIALLY if you want to get one with a decent response time for gaming.

We are still 5ish years from 4K TV's becoming introduced into the mainstream.

4K will be a target for the PS5 in 2021. If we even keep moving in that direction rather than shift even more heavily towards portability et al.

Holy.

I know, I was pleasantly surprised as well. I took the tomato out (I don't hate it, but while I don't mind the flavour, I can't acclimatise myself with the texture :/) and was happy with what my mouth experienced. Couldn't believe they knew to slightly overcook the bacon so it was crunchy. No idea whether that's just my local Mickey D's or it's nation-wide, but it's good.
I always take the tomato out too! Just doesn't work in their burgers. Just tastes odd with the bun.

Maccas has been pretty solid food the last few years. Can't complain really.

Also RE: Avalanches. This is the track I was talking about, the remix of the classic Hunters & Collectors track Talking to a Stranger which they remixed to Stalking to a Stranger about 3 months back. Still sends a shiver down the spine after all this time.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Also RE: Avalanches. This is the track I was talking about, the remix of the classic Hunters & Collectors track Talking to a Stranger which they remixed to Stalking to a Stranger about 3 months back. Still sends a shiver down the spine after all this time.

i need to take up smoking so i can sit down and have a cigarette after that.

anything > Nirvana

I concur.

Yessssss finally ordered The Last of Us for $42 posted brand new with a coupon. Damn game has held it's price well!

You haven't played it yet? Should have told me, would have sent you my copy instead of selling it.

Very classy.

Top Bottom