• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

jambo

Designed or not, I would definitely go aftermarket cooling with one of those, anything that hits 95C in a PC case isn't a great thing. Maybe some of the non-reference designs may fair better, but putting it under water would be the way to go.

Non reference boards will be a lot better.

They'll be fucking huge, but a lot better.

The Walking Dead steamkey for $6.25 from Amazon

The Walking Dead 400 Days DLC steamkey for $1.25 from Amazon

Below start on Monday, stock will move fast

Wii with Mario Kart bundle for $74 at Big W

Xbox 360 4GB console for $138 from Big W

PS3 160GB console for $148 from Big W

AssCreed4 on 360/PS3 for $58 from Big W

Battlefield 4 on 360/PS3 for $68 from Big W

senahorse

Remember how I said Ubisoft to delay AC4 (in typical fashion) for PC incoming. Well they fooled me this time, by bringing forward the console date but leaving the PC date at the original. I wonder what the 'official' excuse is this time? "There was a fault in our system and because the date wasn't changed to the correct one the game didn't go gold until November". I just wish they would come out and be honest, "We despise PC users but we will take your money at a later date"

Remember how I said Ubisoft to delay AC4 (in typical fashion) for PC incoming. Well they fooled me this time, by bringing forward the console date but leaving the PC date at the original. I wonder what the 'official' excuse is this time? "There was a fault in our system and because the date wasn't changed to the correct one the game didn't go gold until November". I just wish they would come out and be honest, "We despise PC users but we will take your money at a later date"

I thought they brought the PC date forward 3 days to line up the EU/US release date?

senahorse

I thought they brought the PC date forward 3 days to line up the EU/US release date?

Ebgames has it listed for 360/PS3 October 29, Xbone/PS4/WiiU/PC November 21. We can probably rule out both of the Next Gen consoles from that as they don't come out until the 22nd and beyond.

So PC and Wii-U not until the 21st either makes no sense, probably just Ubisoft being Ubisoft, considering their track record I do not give them the benefit of the doubt and believe they probably despise the Wii-U as much as PC.

senahorse

Your surface pro + hdmi adapter + wireless 360 dongle + Mame and any other emulator you can think of...I think that will look after you :)

FUME5

Thanks for the heads up on BF4!

Where's everyone getting their PS4/X1s from? You guys just getting them locally?

Getting both from JB, got the Xbone preordered through their online store and preordered the PS4 in-store (no real reason why), in a week or two I'll look into projected shipping for the Xbone and see if I can pick up in-store etc...

Danoss

God damn, that's a fucking amazing thought process. Totally doing that shit, slapping my forehead that I never thought of that.

I'm sure you would have gotten there eventually. It just takes a little analysis of your own habits and how to try to counteract them. The hard part is actually stopping yourself long enough to ask that question.

The US would be good in that regard, but in another (and I'm not sure why, I think it's to do with how medications are regulated or not or something) I've read that there have been *shortages* of basically any kind of dex in widespread areas of the country. Again, I don't know how that works, but it scared the living fuck out of me, thinking that I'd have to do without medication (or try another).

The US also has the downside of a shitty healthcare system. Having the meds is one thing, being able to afford them is another. Ignoring shortages, I much prefer the situation we're in here and am thankful it's affordable.

In other slightly different but similar news, I got onto some other medication to tackle my still-persistent illogical anxiety. The stuff is called propranolol and just stops your body reacting (increased heart rate, jitters, that sort of thing) to things you shouldn't be anxious about. It seems to be working well, as even in situations where I tended to get increasingly anxious (like guaranteed innocuous meetings, some social situations) it calms the physical effects down which in turn helps clear my head. It slows the heart rate so it's not advised for use when exercising but in regular situations I'm finding it a wonder. Ping me if you were curious, I was able to get a prescription from a regular GP without much hassle.

How's the propranolol go along with stimulants? My only thought is that it's telling your heart to slow down while the dex is telling your brain to speed everything up. If they play nice together, I'm glad it's working for you. Anxiety is bad enough on its own and it adds fuel to the fire depression thrives on.

Zoloft is currently working for me as it treats depression and allays anxiety at least to some degree. I haven't been in many social situations since taking these drugs, so I can't say how well it's keeping the anxiety in check, but the dose I'm on is quite mild and so it can be increased to see if it helps. I appreciate the heads up though, good to know there are a number of options (especially ones that aren't benzos).

Don't apologise, it's important to get that shit out of your system and more importantly, into people's heads (like those here... if we weren't so vocal about it, there wouldn't have been others who have been diagnosed :) ).

Good point. My cognizance of previous posts of mine containing relentless negativity wouldn't allow me to leave the apology out. I'd like to think that and other such things I posted recently were constructive and helpful. The more awareness and understanding that's out there, the better.

I was walking past the tv the other day and it was on The Project. I heard someone talking about mental illness and how it has been something of great shame and secrecy for some time. I think they went on to discuss how it is starting to become a more open and approachable topic and how important it is for that to continue. I don't know how watched that show is or the quality of their other content, but I was happy to hear that coming out of a television set and not some other rubbish. I recall someone from Beyond Blue being on the show and talking about it some other time too.

I love seeing little gems like this crop up in the RPG community. The indie games community is so proactive in ensuring everyone is comfortable and aware of things like this, it cannot help but make me smile.

Edit: That great article I linked to above referred to The Spoon Theory. I read that a while ago and it was a great way to demonstrate what it's like to deal with certain things. The woman who wrote it used it for Lupus, but it absolutely applies to other ailments and mental disorders. A great read for anyone and everyone to better understand what it's like to live with such things, and a way to explain these things to others because that can be rather difficult.

Gazunta

Your surface pro + hdmi adapter + wireless 360 dongle + Mame and any other emulator you can think of...I think that will look after you :)

I like the way you think.

Hope that solution works out better than iPad + SNES emulator that went on the app store for a day + Wii Pro Controller via bluetooth because that was janky as hell :p

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Drug talk, fuck yea!

I think i need to start cognitive behaviour therapy again or take a serious look at it again since im going insane at the moment and the tablets don't seem to be doing their thing.

Need more drugs i think!

3055747576.png

good thing speedtest exists
otherwise you might have thought telstra doing maintenance for 4 days ment things might have gotten better
well done you have managed to make my internet even shitter that deserves a prize
feel free to charge me for more shit i dont have

senahorse

I like the way you think.

Hope that solution works out better than iPad + SNES emulator that went on the app store for a day + Wii Pro Controller via bluetooth because that was janky as hell :p

Should work fine, no need to rely on Windows appstore, all the legacy goodness available to you :)

senahorse

3055747576.png

otherwise you might have thought telstra doing maintenance for 4 days ment things might have gotten better
well done you have managed to make my internet even shitter that deserves a prize

That could be a new record, congrats :(

Fusebox

Banned
Hell yeah. Check the datestamp on the speedtest, that's how long it took between hitting post reply and his post actually appearing.

Danoss

Drug talk, fuck yea!

I think i need to start cognitive behaviour therapy again or take a serious look at it again since im going insane at the moment and the tablets don't seem to be doing their thing.

Need more drugs i think!

CBT would certainly help deal with things, especially if the meds aren't helping.

A higher dosage might be the solution or a different drug altogether might be the way to go. Have a chat with those people about it and see what your options are, not every drug is suitable for every person and the one you're on might not be the one for you.

I started out on Lexapro. I took one dose and felt awful. I couldn't even sit, let alone stand up. My equilibrium was completely off and I just generally felt awful. Side effects come with the territory, but that was clearly a warning shot. Zoloft was the one I tried next and have stayed on ever since. There were 2 side effects that came along with it, aching calves and another which I won't mention here as it may make some uncomfortable. The aching calves went away completely after about 2-4 weeks and the other one is manageable and worth persevering with because the drug is working. Even if my calves still ached, though they only did when I'd lay down to sleep, I'd still put up with that because the benefits were worth it.

It might take a little time, but you'll find a suitable solution. I know it.

Dead Man

CBT would certainly help deal with things, especially if the meds aren't helping.

A higher dosage might be the solution or a different drug altogether might be the way to go. Have a chat with those people about it and see what your options are, not every drug is suitable for every person and the one you're on might not be the one for you.

I started out on Lexapro. I took one dose and felt awful. I couldn't even sit, let alone stand up. My equilibrium was completely off and I just generally felt awful. Side effects come with the territory, but that was clearly a warning shot. Zoloft was the one I tried next and have stayed on ever since. There were 2 side effects that came along with it, aching calves and another which I won't mention here as it may make some uncomfortable. The aching calves went away completely after about 2-4 weeks and the other one is manageable and worth persevering with because the drug is working. Even if my calves still ached, though they only did when I'd lay down to sleep, I'd still put up with that because the benefits were worth it.

It might take a little time, but you'll find a suitable solution. I know it.

Ah, it made your dick enormous right? Did the same thing to me. :) Actually no, what it did to me was help me gain 25kgs. :( Lexapro is the one that ended up working for me, but now I am on Valdoxan (agomelatine) as an anti depressant and sleep aid combined. It's pretty useless with the depression, but for the first time in 20 years I can sleep normal hours and all the way through without needing a dedicated sleeping pill. So I'll take that for now.

3055747576.png

That's fucked

senahorse

Drug talk, fuck yea!

Need more drugs i think!

Can I suggest you try something else? Have you thought of trying meditation? It's definitely something worth trying and unlike drugs it doesn't have any side effects. Sometimes (a lot?) drugs are needed to at the very least to take the edge of, especially for anxiety and/or depression issues, so I am not trying to say don't take them but sometimes these things can be dealt with in other ways. Having said that, I don't know the full extent of your condition but the mind is an amazing and very adaptable thing, might be worth considering anyway.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Side effects for me on whatever im on are excellent. My penis doesnt work correctly but if i had a mrs, she sure would be happy with the performance from it!

Im going to start taking it in the morning instead of night. Feels kinda worthless at night.

hamchan

The Walking Dead steamkey for $6.25 from Amazon

The Walking Dead 400 Days DLC steamkey for $1.25 from Amazon

Below start on Monday, stock will move fast

Wii with Mario Kart bundle for $74 at Big W

Xbox 360 4GB console for $138 from Big W

PS3 160GB console for $148 from Big W

Battlefield 4 on 360/PS3 for $68 from Big W

If I buy AC4 for PS3 for $58 then use that $10 upgrade thing for the PS4 version, it'll be cheaper than buying the disc version for ~$90 when next-gen launches...

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Side effects for me on whatever im on are excellent. My penis doesnt work correctly but if i had a mrs, she sure would be happy with the performance from it!

Im going to start taking it in the morning instead of night. Feels kinda worthless at night.

Where was this post when we needed to explain to Lucian what an evlcookie was.

Was asked for ID while picking up something to commemorate the eighth anniversary of my reaching the legal drinking age today. Honestly can't remember the last time that happened.

Was asked for ID while picking up something to commemorate the eighth anniversary of my reaching the legal drinking age today. Honestly can't remember the last time that happened.
Happy birthday!

When I mentioned to a younger colleague (22 - 23 yo) that I couldn't stay out drinking, they were all like "You've got a kid? WTF? But you're so young!", I didn't know whether to be insulted or chuffed. I chose mild amusement instead.

Just spent the afternoon updating the old resume and sending it out, then went hobnobbing with colleagues at work, trying to pry rumours of jobs out of them. Turns out it's not a good idea to just have a salad for lunch if you're going drinking. Probably doesn't help that I haven't had alcohol in months.

Hoowee!

Top Bottom