• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Clipper

post for clipper!

So I finished Phoenix Wright last night! well the first 4 missions, then I got the credits.

I began the 5th and final post credits mission, but only got 20 minutes in.

Such a fun game! I'd always wanted to play it, and thanks for spurring me to do so. I think i'll hold out on playing PW5 until i've finished the first four!

Yay! You're in for a pretty wild ride...

Gazunta

Turns out that Big W deal with the Wii + Mario Kart for $78 starts today for online orders only, and Thursday in retail stores.

Oh cool, WiiU FitU is out on Friday! Only need to buy some kind of heart rate monitor and download the game, should be $20ish.

SOMEONE GO BUY ME THE WII FIT BUNDLE FROM BIG W PLZ

This attempted armed robbery with a machete happened five minutes away from my house:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLjK_lvPuKI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSqTQSy75BE (white shirt dude is owner. 20-25 second = badass)

Dude backed off when he realized the owner of the restaurant was twice his size.
Heh, we had some kids here that got in shit for skateboarding around town with a machete and stealing old peoples money. Was hilarious.

ufdup.png
What the fuck is this thing that everyone is trying to bring over from another forum? Emoticons? I thought we were done with this here!

Haha, if you want car glitches, just drive them into small spaces / onto edges of buildings and stairs. The physics engine really bugs out and you end up in all sorts of weird places.

As for other stuff, its really all over the shop, AI pathing onto door frames and getting stuck, characters 'holding' items, but the item is about a foot away from their hands, characters talking to other characters that forgot to be spawned... all sorts of stuff is just broken.
I wonder what the issue is, I don't recall running into any glitches after 100%ing it and all the DLC on both PC and 360.

SEE, PC GAMES ARE A FUCKING MESS, SO MUCH BS, THEY WILL NEVER BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY >.>

post for clipper!

So I finished Phoenix Wright last night! well the first 4 missions, then I got the credits.

I began the 5th and final post credits mission, but only got 20 minutes in.

Such a fun game! I'd always wanted to play it, and thanks for spurring me to do so. I think i'll hold out on playing PW5 until i've finished the first four!

Play them all, so good. Very lightweight and very short experiences but the writing is really enjoyable. Capcpom translation team did a great job.

Deeku

i think i was near the end of phoenix wright 2, keep forgetting to go finish them. guess i have more incentive now that the new one's out, looks coool!

weekend: did some work, bought pokemon x, played dark souls instead:/ also bought monster hunter 4 cos i thought it looked really cool when the store dude was playing it. but then i realised later i don't really like monster hunter lol

Anyone still have a preorder locked with Amazon? I feel like I'm gonna regret not having a local console at one point or another and I pretty much preordered it in the first place for shits and giggles but now, I kind of want it. I have a pretty good bluray player but I'm still kind of wary.

What should I do?

What's there to regret about not having a local console?

SOMEONE GO BUY ME THE WII FIT BUNDLE FROM BIG W PLZ

No stock here in Werribee, sorry.

Alien, Alien 2, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, Prometheus Blu Ray set for $31 posted

Xbox 360 250GB with Tomb Raider, Halo 4 & the choice of FIFA14 OR Battlefield 4 for $269 from Target

Edit: Thanks for trying Death!

Turns out that Big W deal with the Wii + Mario Kart for $78 starts today for online orders only, and Thursday in retail stores.

I thought I said that last week, maybe I forgot to :/

Our whole belief system has been undermined. Walls will come crashing down! Oh, wait, that's just Kritz's fast food joint level.

Also, Steam frequently screws up issuing achievements.

Something Xbone that is bigger than 720p fiasco, hinted by CBOAT and bish.
Oh no, a console crashed. Maybe it's not ready for mainstream gamers.

The short story is that Xbox Live and the OS, especially in functions that involve XBL, are a complete fucking mess. One source says we aren’t talking weeks until it works correctly but “months.” Things like parties dropping people when moving from one thing to another. Connectivity issues. Missed invites. Friend requests not working, etc.

He then said “If all you are doing is running a game and that’s the only app things are fine.”

So why do think things are going wrong?

“The system OS and network integration was written by a group of people who do not play games. They don’t understand why things were set up in the ways they were designed by J Allard back in ’05.”

http://doddscientifics.com/2013/10/...-issues-bouncing-about-as-we-approach-launch/

Weeks, maybe even months before OS and Live are fixed.

Also I DID 100% Sleepy! Also all the cheevo DLC on 360 and the Nightmare in North Point DLC on PC. Wasn't even hard. Especially compared to the time sink I had 100%ing GTA5 with those fucking jumps and under water bullshit :/

Also gold medal cheevo took forever >_<

Stackboy

This is really exciting news to me. I''ve been listening to Triple J since I was 16 (I turned 32 on Friday) and never really felt like it grew or changed with me. Now the J's are taking over ABC's Dig digital radio station and catering towards over 30 types who still listen.

http://messandnoise.com/news/4623422

NO MORE DIZZY RASCAL AND KANYE YOU GUYS. HOPEFULLY SAY GOODBYE TO AUSSIE HIP HOP TOO.

Fredescu

That sounds awesome.

Don't shoot me, but I really like some of Kanye's stuff. His really angry industrial sounding stuff reminds me of Nine Inch Nails when they were actually good.

Dead Man

This is really exciting news to me. I''ve been listening to Triple J since I was 16 (I turned 32 on Friday) and never really felt like it grew or changed with me. Now the J's are taking over ABC's Dig digital radio station and catering towards over 30 types who still listen.

NO MORE DIZZY RASCAL AND KANYE YOU GUYS. HOPEFULLY SAY GOODBYE TO AUSSIE HIP HOP TOO.

This old bastard likes some Aussie hip hop now and then :(

weekend: did some work, bought pokemon x, played dark souls instead:/ also bought monster hunter 4 cos i thought it looked really cool when the store dude was playing it. but then i realised later i don't really like monster hunter lol

hahaha, I did the exact same thing. Still looks fairly fun, but after I started playing I realised how lonely single player is ;.;

Yeezus is a really good record. If you can stand his pompous attitude and strange tangents his series of interviews with Zan Lowe are interesting.

If the national youth station changed with you and your peer group I would complain :p
Heard about dig yesterday, good news! I'll endeavour to give it a few listens.

Yup, dat Saul Williams album. Unnnfff.

Aww man haven't listened to him in forever!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

sooo, plenty of regurgitator and spiderbait? yesssssssssssss

avalanches

yessssssss
something for kate

yessss

Deeku

hahaha, I did the exact same thing. Still looks fairly fun, but after I started playing I realised how lonely single player is ;.;
:O

lol, but at least you've got your cats with you!

but yeah, totally up for trying some multi after i've messed around a bit in the single player:D

Stackboy

Yeezus is a really good record. If you can stand his pompous attitude and strange tangents his series of interviews with Zan Lowe are interesting.

If the national youth station changed with you and your peer group I would complain :p
Heard about dig yesterday, good news! I'll endeavour to give it a few listens.

I guess I never had anything to move onto, after triple j

sooo, plenty of regurgitator and spiderbait? yesssssssssssss

avalanches

yessssssss
something for kate

yessss

Yessssssss

bomma_man

a return to the boring nineties and generic alternative rock? yawn*#

*I don't listen to triplej anymore
#Aussie hip-hop still sucks
? seriously, look at the old Hottest 100 lists. Not a black man, synth or sample until like 2003

HolyCheck

? seriously, look at the old Hottest 100 lists. Not a black man, synth or sample until like 2003

Amusingly, the music I have on my phone is as follows:
Hottest 100 1993 - 2003 + the 2009 hottest 100 of all time.

90's had coolio, shaggy, christine anu, yothu yindi, cyprys hill etc etc etc

Goddamn. Don't ever go looking for a kid's show you can't recall the name of because it's one amazing nostalgic rabbithole. Here's a few I remember fondly and just came across again trawling wikipedia lists of children's shows aired on the ABC or featuring anthropomorphic characters.

Didn't find the actual show I was looking for though. :(
If anyone knows it, I'd be eternally grateful.
I don't remember much but I think it featured anthropomorphic kitchen utensils (one might've been a sponge?) and the setting was a kitchen counter and they sometimes went under the sink.

I guess I never had anything to move onto, after triple j

You're supposed to move onto Aunty vanilla. Even the triple j presenters do! (Robbie Buck, Marc Fennell, other people I can't remember)
The only person at triplej who never leaves is the King because he's too busy enjoying power lol.

But yeah there's not really an appealing station for the time in between listening to triple j and enjoying abc local & radio national.

Didn't find the actual show I was looking for though. :(
If anyone knows it, I'd be eternally grateful.
I don't remember much but I think it featured anthropomorphic kitchen utensils (one might've been a sponge?) and the setting was a kitchen counter and they sometimes went under the sink.

It wasn't bump in the night was it? Kind of different I guess. That description actually sounds really familiar...

Nah man, that's not true. 90's had trip hop as well as stuff like DJ Shadow, Prodigy, Chemical Brothers and Fatboy Slim blew up big time.

Rock was much better back then, but that's only part of the 90's appeal!

HolyCheck

While on the topic, I've had this show in my head for a good year now and I've not been able to work out what it was.
Which im sure you can understand is slowly killing me.

It was a live action show about a group of teenage inventors or something who all lived in a house and it was just about them and the deals they were trying to make to get their products made. I remember one of the guys in the house had some new racing bicycle he was developing!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
You spend most of your time playing solo regardless of whether you have access to multiplayer or not. Monster hunter does take a while to pick up though.

While on the topic, I've had this show in my head for a good year now and I've not been able to work out what it was.

It was a live action show about a group of teenage inventors or something who all lived in a house and it was just about them and the deals they were trying to make to get their products made. I remember one of the guys in the house had some new racing bicycle he was developing!
Head Start

Wait what? Are you looking at Hottest 100 or the Tamworth Music Festival circa 1974?

Is this it? Leonard was always making inventions!

If that's it you're amazing Jase

It wasn't bump in the night was it? Kind of different I guess. That description actually sounds really familiar...

Nah, the kitchen was really bright (under the sink was dark I think) so the style doesn't match. While looking up bump in the night pics just now I came across this weird looking guy

Plasmo1.jpg

Plasmo!

f you roosters! i remember those shows but total nostalgia explosion @ johnson & friends. dat opening, holy crap i loved that so much as a kid, so many feels:(

sadly i don't remember this kitchen thing you're talking about

sorry commander sir, won't happen again sir.
Alfred was the bomb

Ooh thanks for that Jables. I don't have much hope as it's aussie made I think but I'll give it a go and keep that thread in mind for the future.

edit: feral tv <3
but now that's got me trying to remember something else! someone with the nickname Rattus irl.

Top Bottom