• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

It was before Chuck went to shit, in like the first two seasons or something. Never saw the rest.

I believe you....

ei9Rn8r.gif

Mondy

Banned
Playing Max Payne 3 and Splinter Cell Blacklist on Ps3 with the Dual Shock 4. This controller is fucktastic.

Did you use a carry on service to do that? I tried buying one off Amazon and it gives me the BS about not being able to ship to my address.

Did you use a carry on service to do that? I tried buying one off Amazon and it gives me the BS about not being able to ship to my address.

Nope, direct from amazon. Had booked it same day as E3 announcement.

Few weeks after E3, amazon stopped taking orders for overseas addresses. That's why you can't buy PS4 from them anymore.

Just had my own issue with that. Tried to add Killzone to my PS4 preorder and they wouldn't do it.

Guess I'll have to admire the boxes aesthetics till they start selling games here

Axiom

Just throwing this out there in hopes I have a bit more luck.

I need to do an email interview with someone in the Advertising industry and I was wondering if anyone knows someone who wouldn't mind answering a few short questions.

Nothing confronting, very light.

On a game related topic, my enthusiasm for next gen has really died down now that it gets closer and I realise the only launch game I'm interested in is a multi-platform title on current gen systems.

0mi you are going to love AC Black Flag once it hits PC. Being a pirate is so much damn fun!
I'm a huge fan of the series (except the actual overarching storyline), but never played 3. Maybe when it's $10ish.

Was all ready to pass on 4 as well until I read stuff that made it sound like Pirates!, like capturing ships and adding them to your fleet, taking forts, final battles occurring on the ships deck, etc. Man, if someone could mod out the extraneous stuff a and make it that same map... Oh and I guess include some governer's daughters.

Playing Max Payne 3 and Splinter Cell Blacklist on Ps3 with the Dual Shock 4. This controller is fucktastic.
I really dislike the shape of the other PSn controllers. Will this change my opinion?

Was all ready to pass on 4 as well until I read stuff that made it sound like Pirates!, like capturing ships and adding them to your fleet, taking forts, final battles occurring on the ships deck, etc. Man, if someone could mod out the extraneous stuff a and make it that same map... Oh and I guess include some governer's daughters.

I'm not even up to the fleet/fort stuff at it's amazing! Just been free roaming around like 3% of the ocean during one of the first missions on a ship, ignoring the marker to head back to port so I can just cruise around and scout out a potential victim with my spy glass, cruise over to them, sail like a pro so I can wear them down with my mortar/broadcannons/swivels, followed by boarding their burning ship to take out enough sailors for them to surrender!
Then you take their booty and maybe a sailor or two.
It has only one option at the moment to deal with their ship (destroy it to repair your own ship) so I assume that option opens up to allow you to add it to your fleet.
Battles can go on for 10 minutes or so too once you hit upon some of the bigger fleets, with some awesome booty to go sell in port.

Only $48 at Target!

Dang, Eminem finally released another good album over a decade since his last. Good enough to get me away from the new Arcade Fire album for a few minutes at least! Hot damn it's good.

Good example of what the top quality producers can help you do!

My impressions from the OT:

I think the album's pretty solid.

There are a few missteps, and it's not LPs/Em Show quality, but there's some decent stuff there. In terms of the disc's name, Bad Guy and Headlights in particular bring things full circle with his previous work nicely.

I'm a pretty casual rap fan though so I know my views aren't going to be in line with the more hardcore hip-hop heads on GAF. I even don't mind Survival/Berzerk/Rap God/Monster even though the middle two have niggling issues and the latter is a bit of an "well it's okay for what it is, I don't hate it" thing.

Love Game is a bit of an odd one for me 'cause the first verse is weak and I'm a bit iffy on the overall theme but the actual verses later on in the track are good for the material.

The only real "wait, man, what are you doing?" for me is Stronger Than I Was.

Haven't tracked down the bonus tracks but I'll be happy to throw some bones down for this next week.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I think I need to give it a re listen. the first half is too messy for my liking. the music and production values just don't seem tidy. I do how ever enjoy the last few tracks , in particular so far, love game and headlights i think.

they just seem less cluttered.

Deeku

so i've been playing heaps of monster hunter 4 and kinda neglecting pokemon. i think i understand the appeal of monhun now, it's pretty rad! i've actually seen people playing it here too so maybe i can get some streetpass action too!

Bought Civ5 DLC Brave New World for 12 bucks today. Yippee!

Okey dokey

Saw Gravity today. Holy fucking shit that fucking movie nearly killed me twice over. God damn.

Film of the year to date.

I'd buy this if I didn't buy Rocksmith 2014 yesterday. (Great game by the way!)

Ooh. First time hearing of Rocksmith, looks cool. I've tried learning guitar a few times but never stuck with it. If I had an electric guitar I'd probably impulse buy it right now. What's it like?

Shaneus

Saw Gravity today. Holy fucking shit that fucking movie nearly killed me twice over. God damn.
How much does Sandra Bullock look like Michael Jackson?!?
WiqzdE4.png

PS. Typing of the Dead should never be questioned as a potential purchase. Ever. It's awesome as shit.

Ooh. First time hearing of Rocksmith, looks cool. I've tried learning guitar a few times but never stuck with it. If I had an electric guitar I'd probably impulse buy it right now. What's it like?

It's great, and a great improvement over the first game. Aside from easing you into playing new songs (though honestly, sometimes too slowly), there's a really neato "Session" mode where you give a virtual band that you make up yourself of 4 unique instruments (including kazoo and world percussion!), a tempo and a scale that you play on and the band will play around that, making it up as you go along. It's nice!

They have lessons that go through the basics of playing if you're really new and even if you know them already it's good to do them because it shows you what the icons that come up are. The general idea of the game is similar to Guitar Hero/Rockband in that the icons that you have to hit at the correct time.

I got the PC version from JB for $75 and came with the game, two DLC songs (Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock and some Tame Impala song) and a cable. The cable is universal from Rocksmith 1 and platform agnostic so if you prefer to buy the game on Steam and then find a cable elsewhere for really cheap, do that.

ALSO, you can't buy a boxed version WITHOUT a cable, which was good news for me.

So yeah, buy it if you can afford it and have a bass guitar or a guitar. It works with electric or acoustic and is honestly a great game.

Mondy

Banned
Can I get an invite to Ausgaf's Steam Group? My name is the same as GAF (Mondy) just look for the QLD State of Origin logo.

EDIT: Thank you, whoever you were :)

It's great, and a great improvement over the first game. Aside from easing you into playing new songs (though honestly, sometimes too slowly), there's a really neato "Session" mode where you give a virtual band that you make up yourself of 4 unique instruments (including kazoo and world percussion!), a tempo and a scale that you play on and the band will play around that, making it up as you go along. It's nice!

They have lessons that go through the basics of playing if you're really new and even if you know them already it's good to do them because it shows you what the icons that come up are. The general idea of the game is similar to Guitar Hero/Rockband in that the icons that you have to hit at the correct time.

I got the PC version from JB for $75 and came with the game, two DLC songs (Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock and some Tame Impala song) and a cable. The cable is universal from Rocksmith 1 and platform agnostic so if you prefer to buy the game on Steam and then find a cable elsewhere for really cheap, do that.

ALSO, you can't buy a boxed version WITHOUT a cable, which was good news for me.

So yeah, buy it if you can afford it and have a bass guitar or a guitar. It works with electric or acoustic and is honestly a great game.

Cheers for the writeup. Definitely considering getting it.
Seems I've got to get a pickup for my acoustic guitar first but I reckon I'll get this in the near future so thanks for bringing it up :)

Can I get an invite to Ausgaf's Steam Group? My name is the same as GAF (Mondy) just look for the QLD State of Origin logo.

EDIT: Thank you, whoever you were :)

No worries

Axiom

I've never been to the Big Day Out, but I'm thinking of grabbing a VIP ticket for my partner.

Has anyone had any experience with that to know if it's worth the cost?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I've never been to the Big Day Out, but I'm thinking of grabbing a VIP ticket for my partner.

Has anyone had any experience with that to know if it's worth the cost?

Air conditioned bar, private toilets that don't get busy, bar that's never too busy and the ability to pay for your drinks with cash and not having to buy tokens.

I won't go to the bdo now unless it's on vip tickets.

Cheers for the writeup. Definitely considering getting it.
Seems I've got to get a pickup for my acoustic guitar first but I reckon I'll get this in the near future so thanks for bringing it up :)

Totally! There's a special bundle where you get a Les Paul Jnr with, including all the other stuff too, that's around $275..ish? That might be easier than installing a pickup system for an acoustic.

Top Bottom