• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So I thought I would give this Dig radio thing a go, since I am pretty much the target audience. First song I hear is Fuckford and Sons... Not a good first impression!

yeah had it on for 30 mins or so now, but also weent through teh last 24 hours of songs to dig what i like.

seems good so far.

Shaneus

Dare I say it, Dig could be the first music station I've listened to regularly for a VERY long time.

But not if they play any more Kate Miller-Heidke songs. Fuck that.

Just finished my research paper on Japan-Korea relations. I have decided now that I will never again delve into it, and that I hate the politics of both countries. They are just so god damn petty. It was impossible to read anything written by someone from either country because they'd inevitably slip in "also Korea/Japan succckks" every paragraph. Then there were the Korean programs that would have fake subtitles for Japanese people, or completely ignoring logic to make ridiculous statements. I'm done. So done. Never again.

Dare I say it, Dig could be the first music station I've listened to regularly for a VERY long time.

But not if they play any more Kate Miller-Heidke songs. Fuck that.

:( Why do you say these hurtful things.

Gazunta

I liked it back when it was Mumford And This Girl He's Kinda Seeing Who Swears She's On The Pill

Edit: Thanks ABC for putting the Dig playlist online so I can add the good bits to the office Spotify playlist.

Edit 2: The Revenge of Edit: AusGAF, let's say I have a ton of big computer monitors on the wall and want to use the company internet to put the Melbourne Cup on it. What are my options?

Deeku

Just finished my research paper on Japan-Korea relations. I have decided now that I will never again delve into it, and that I hate the politics of both countries. They are just so god damn petty. It was impossible to read anything written by someone from either country because they'd inevitably slip in "also Korea/Japan succckks" every paragraph. Then there were the Korean programs that would have fake subtitles for Japanese people, or completely ignoring logic to make ridiculous statements. I'm done. So done. Never again.
did you write about how fuji tv was spreading korean propaganda a few years ago with all their airing of k-dramas? lol

also, wouldn't mind reading your paper!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
That sounds like something that would be fucking awesome to write about.

Arksy

Thanks to Danoss for helping me pick out a camera. Picked up a near new Sony Nex 5n dual lens kit, an18-55mm and an E 16mm F/2.8 lens. Also got a spare battery and a 4gig SD card along with a bag and a bunch of other accessories for $400.

In the meantime, off to Europe. Stay out of trouble. :D

That sounds like something that would be fucking awesome to write about.
It was super interesting :D
But wading through biased article after biased article broke my spirit, I think.

did you write about how fuji tv was spreading korean propaganda a few years ago with all their airing of k-dramas? lol

also, wouldn't mind reading your paper!

Yeah I kinda wouldn't mind a read either lol.

Aaah it's not that great ><;; I'll see what kind of marks I get for it first.

I did talk a little about the Korean wave, but my main focus was on Dokdo/Takeshima.

Jintor

It was super interesting :D
But wading through biased article after biased article broke my spirit, I think.

Aaah it's not that great ><;; I'll see what kind of marks I get for it first.

I did talk a little about the Korean wave, but my main focus was on Dokdo/Takeshima.

that sounds glorious, clearly i need to do a masters in journalism, then radio, then international relations

Hey Mumford & Sons are good, so stuff y'all.

Despite feeling like I did awesome at the group interview, i got an email saying i didn't get the job. fuck that noise. I did do my first shift at RSPCA today though, which was pretty good

HolyCheck

Holycheck, add Deadmeadow88 and possibly H Protagonist to the radgaf meetup!

where are you finding all these people lmao.

OMG MEETUPS!

RadelaideGAF/Not So BadelaideGAF
When: November 15th 5-6pm ONWARDS
Where: Elephant?
Attending: HolyCheck, Jambo, Frawdder, Lucian Cat, Dead Man, Mr Tone, DeadMeadow88
Maybe:turtlesbonanza, H Protagonist
Not Attending:
Why: Because Jambo has too many friends and this is the only time that works for him. Get an autograph.

MelbGAF until it drunkenly becomes mitchgaf and aniseed and holycheck eat kebabs drunkenly at 5am again
When: November 8th 5-6pm Onwards
Where: BEER FUCKING DELUX???LOL.
Attending:HolyCheck, Aniseed, cosdwallop, lafiel
Maybe: Megadrive, DeathJr
Not Attending:
Why: Because.

KEEN? QUOTE POST AND LET ME KNOW.

radelaide gaf on its way to being one of the biggest non pax meet ups!

Deeku

how the hell does adelaide get three females for a meetup??! one of them even works for xseed, like ohemgeeeeeees!!

So turns out my work is actually fucking serious about sending each of us, one at a time, to head office in Melbourne for "training". This training is just sitting through basic induction shit (don't bully, don't be sexist, don't do drugs, don't drink alcohol, etc) for 3 and a half hours. Which we already did remotely when we first took our jobs. Because this shit can be done on this new thing called "the internet".

So rather than remote into these stupid eBooks we have to travel the 3 and a half hours to Melbourne on a week day, do the 3 and a half hours of "training" (which incidentally doesn't even have a training officer. You just sit at a computer and do it yourself), then travel the 3 and a half hours home!

Not like we actually have work to do!
Not like we haven't already done this!
Not like we couldn't just do it remotely from here!

Someone has their little fucking rice bowl, which they decided to add the stupid idea of "everyone has to do half a days training ever year! It will make us the nicest company evaaaaa!" as if to make up for all the poor KPI based bonus schemes and viciously combative in-fighting that makes up the company.

What a great use of my Wednesday! Worst of all, they have a zero alcohol policy so I can't even have a few beers while there! Fuck.

Anyway, I'll be in Melbourne at the Lonsdale head office on 20th November if anyone wants to catch up for a late lunch around 1:30pm! If I get all my shit done I should be able to have a few beers before catching the train back at 5pm.

tl;dr - I'm tired

From all the bullshit prices of laptop repair, turns out I can replace my laptops busted HDD for $60 myself. Just don't know how to replace the fans, since the laptop heats up super quickly.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
From all the bullshit prices of laptop repair, turns out I can replace my laptops busted HDD for $60 myself. Just don't know how to replace the fans, since the laptop heats up super quickly.

A lot of the prices come from labour as well. I know we charge like 75 or 150 for labour depending on the job. It's where your money actually comes from, since you make fuck all on parts.

Your HDD should be easy enough to replace, Just pop a screw or two and in theory you will have access to it. You just need the replacement drive.

Fans, Eh, Depends on the unit. PC's tend to be more fucking annoying than macs, harder to get into and they are just a crowded poorly designed thing.

Went into an EBgames in The Hills, Sydney today and they are expecting an extra shipment of PS4+Killzone+extra controller packages in mid December. I got my pre-order in early but they will be phoning people next week to ask if they want to upgrade to the new package. The way he said it, this is on top of normal pre-orders, so if you upgrade chance of getting it this year. More for those people who pre-ordered late and aren't expecting delivery until after Xmas.

Sorry only a lowly Jnr so can't make topics!

Shaneus

Anyway, I'll be in Melbourne at the Lonsdale head office on 20th November if anyone wants to catch up for a late lunch around 1:30pm! If I get all my shit done I should be able to have a few beers before catching the train back at 5pm.

tl;dr - I'm tired
Fuck, that blows, dude. I'll be definitely up for lunch though, I usually have it around that time anyway. Any idea which end of Lonsdale it's at?

BEST GAME OFFICIAL THREAD EVER.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=708788

Seriously.
My god, that's glorious.

I'm officially part of Aus(Adelaide)GAF now. Wahey. :D
Heey! :D Welcome! I hope you're ready for scorching summers and long long posts with many multi-quotes!

that sounds glorious, clearly i need to do a masters in journalism, then radio, then international relations
I feel your pain >< To major in interpreting or IR, that is the question.
How's your JET stuff going btw? Have you decided whether to apply?

tl;dr - I'm tired

That's balls :| Probably no chance you can tell them you'll do it at home right?

Went into an EBgames in The Hills, Sydney today and they are expecting an extra shipment of PS4+Killzone+extra controller packages in mid December. I got my pre-order in early but they will be phoning people next week to ask if they want to upgrade to the new package. The way he said it, this is on top of normal pre-orders, so if you upgrade chance of getting it this year. More for those people who pre-ordered late and aren't expecting delivery until after Xmas.

Sorry only a lowly Jnr so can't make topics!

Yeah DSE have had the same bundle for a week or two, leaked about a month ago I think?

Whole lot of 2014 pre-orders got bumped up to the week before Christmas at some retailers too. Sony seem to be increasing allocation to Australia which is nice to see.

Trails in the Sky 2 CE for us pretty please!

Is it even getting a retail release or just Steam release? Love me some odd Steam retail release, they always have kooky stuff like postcards and bumper stickers :)

I could tell you, but then I'd have to dispose of your body in a discreet manner.

<3 I expect alcohol fuelled shenanigans in town!

You DO have fabulous wine here! And I would love to hang out with people. I'll be on my lonesome on Wed and Thurs and most of Fri. I'm carless, though, so a bit difficult to get around. I'm looking at the bus system, though.

for how the long?

At least 'til end of Nov then off to Melbourne. But I'll keep yo-yoing back. My soon-to-be in-laws live here.

I am a VERY CUDDLY DRUNK.

And I'm a belligerent drunk. :D We'll balance out nicely.

Heey! :D Welcome! I hope you're ready for scorching summers and long long posts with many multi-quotes!

I feel your pain >< To major in interpreting or IR, that is the question.
How's your JET stuff going btw? Have you decided whether to apply?

That's balls :| Probably no chance you can tell them you'll do it at home right?

Thanks! Went jogging today and it was scorching in my lungs. I'm 3 days off of a chilly New England fall, but it was an eye opener.

And, you know I always multi-quote. :D

HolyCheck

I'm officially part of Aus(Adelaide)GAF now. Wahey. :D

WELCOME TO THE TEAM.
Even though I don't count.

I'm team leave adelaide for greener pastures then miss it.

Edit: busses are pretty simple, just let us know where you need to be and adelgaf will direct you there!

Top Bottom