• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Damn you Mollenoyux!

Also Yosp with the media streaming shit

That's my concern with AC4, are people saying it is good because it is actually so OR because AC3 was so bad that AC4 feels good just by default?

In any case, I'm not getting it on current gen. Probably wait few months for it to be free on Ps Plus.

Any deals for sub $60 COD ghosts PS3? Need to gift one to a friend next week for his birthday.

Speaking of birthdays,

happy_birthday_octopus_purple_photo-r263dd9c29b8c42f1b25aead743f44c97_a9jdq_8byvr_512.jpg

:p

Also When is Ghosts out? Pretty sure that Target voucher is valid until next Monday! Would be $58 I think.
It's like $12.50 for the PS4 upgrade? Can't remember.

FUCK YOU PURCHASE

So good lol

Do pet cats normally have a collar? The ones I've seen don't seem to have one.

Also, I never thought cats would climb on roofs and run over the tiles.
Cats get in EVERYWHERE dude. Like monkeys.

Can anyone with this Panasonic model comment on the input lag present? I've heard mixed things about whether it is bad or not.

I have that exact model (the 50 Inch) and lag wise it hasn't been noticeable. I'm sure in certain circumstances it would be slightly annoying compared to really quick display.

That being said, the smoothness of the picture, especially fast motion (coming from LCD) seems to make up for anything response wise :D

Also When is Ghosts out? Pretty sure that Target voucher is valid until next Monday! Would be $58 I think.
It's like $12.50 for the PS4 upgrade? Can't remember.

Cats get in EVERYWHERE dude. Like monkeys.

5th. Target is even having a midnight launch all over the country, but that $10 coupon expires on the 4th.

Even without the coupon, target have ps3 ghosts for $64 with bonus map.

It's for a friend, he won't be getting a ps4 anytime soon so upgrade is irrelevant, and I'm not buying anything on current gen now, except for dark souls 2.

The target buy 2 get 1 free ps4 offer in the US is awesome, hoping a mate of mine will be able to buy and post bf4, ghosts and knack. :)

If cats are like monkeys, they should be in zoos or in forests, not pets.

I have an interview tomorrow (today) for a Christmas casual job at factorie. It seems to be a group interview based on the fact they seem to have had only two times available for the interview. My last group interview was a disaster but it was 8 years ago so here's hoping I blow this one out of the water! :D

No Sony device plays mkv files. Ps3, smart tv, etc.

Our blu ray players do.

edit: HB Reptile!

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Nexus 5 is here.

16GB $399
32GB $449

AU prices, available in white and black.

$50 more than US price. Just bought 32GB white. :)
Dammit I can't afford one straight out. Do we know how long before they're in store here? My galaxy nexus is starting to die. Need this asap

If you're on gnex, there is some bad news for you. It won't be getting the 4.4 kitkat update.

Time to upgrade cods...

USA/Canada N5's are already selling out on play store, AU stock should also sell out in a couple of hours as people start waking up.

N5 supports LTE so pretty sure telstra and other carriers will have it in a few days/weeks.

I didn't buy a Nexus 7 (2013) when it was discounted at Dick Smith the other week, partially to put that money into a Nexus 5. Now, to decide whether to go through with it. Probably in two months.

Nexus 5 is here.
Saw that. Was pretty much over seeing all the rumours getting circulated over and over so it's nice to finally see it announced.

The only thing it's missing from what I would've liked to see is an IR blaster, especially since 4.4 has native IR blaster capability. Not a dealbreaker but certainly would've been convenient.

Really odd that the Galaxy Nexus (and Nexus S, even) isn't getting the 4.4 upgrade, especially since 4.4 is designed to work with lower-end hardware. Really feels like Google are abandoning that hardware. Doesn't matter to me anyway since my Galaxy Nexus is dead and I'm using a Galaxy S3 Mini (bought in Barcelona because I needed a phone that day) until the end of the year because it was expensive.

Lucian Cat

I'm torn between getting a Nexus 5 and an iPad Air. My phone is probably in need of the upgrade more than my iPad is...
Get the nexus. My god I should slap you.

Hopefully it comes out here shortly then. I mean, I have the money to buy it but I have that money saved up for when I go on placement. Dilemma! I don't likebeing a responsible adult :(

r1chard

Nexus 5 is here.

16GB $399
32GB $449

AU prices, available in white and black.

$50 more than US price. Just bought 32GB white. :)

Bought. It's a good upgrade from my current Nexus which isn't really coping any more (and won't be getting the KittyKats apparently.)

Lucian Cat

So apparently the nexus 5 isnt coming to Optus. I have no plans to change carriers. Someone talk me out of buying this coz all I have to do is press ok atm

Shaneus

Best Humble Bundle ever, or BEST Humble Bundle ever?
4ltDn36.png

I'm just happy to finally get Worms (lol) and see what the fuss is about with Superfrog. Apparently Alien Breed isn't that crash hot, unless it's a port of the original (which I don't believe it is).

r1chard

Optus $49 plan. Been with them for years so I don't want to move. It takes micro sim.

I caved and ordered it. A responsible adult I am not

I'm also Optus4lyfe (not really, but close enough) and have a BYO customer for ages. I'm about to call them about getting a new SIM though for the new phone.

I'm leaving Optus for Aldi. Will halve my costs!

Also I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream steamkey is only $1 here! Buy it if you like dark as fuck adventure games. Do it.

Hmmm Splinter Cell: Blacklist for $29 on Wii U at JB: http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/wii-u/tom-clancy-s-splinter-cell-blacklist-wii-u/686513

Should I or shouldn't I?
The game is meant to be fan-fucking-tastic. Great followup to the series that has a lot of great action-stealth that washes the babbies-first-stealth-game taste of Conviction out of the system.

No idea on the WiiU edition though. Planning on grabbing the PC version down the track once my backlog is more manageable.

Best Humble Bundle ever, or BEST Humble Bundle ever?
4ltDn36.png

I'm just happy to finally get Worms (lol) and see what the fuss is about with Superfrog. Apparently Alien Breed isn't that crash hot, unless it's a port of the original (which I don't believe it is).
Eh. Alien Breed games are really mediocre.

Armageddon is a classic though! Not sure why I would need an update though, just bought the $1 version.

Gazunta

<Bern> WHAT costume?

Yeah Superfrog was good in a "We can't afford to buy a Super Nintendo but we still have this trusty old Amiga lying around" kind of way.

I'll give the new one a bash, looks like a nice little game :)

Stackboy

I'm glad I have one of these to cover my digital media playback needs.

Doesn't a PS3 do the same job? It's cheaper.

I started playing BF4 last night on PC and it made me realise I need to upgrade to a PC monitor with HDMI. Been using the same Dell monitor for about 6-7 years now.

Have a Dick Smith Gift voucher that I need to use, so that will help.

r1chard

OK, don't need a new SIM for the Nexus 5 to have 4G, but will need to get onto a new rate plan that includes 4G. Also, will have to cut the SIM down to micro or nano or whatever size it needs, but the company I work for has the tools to do that.

Mr. Tone

OK, don't need a new SIM for the Nexus 5 to have 4G, but will need to get onto a new rate plan that includes 4G. Also, will have to cut the SIM down to micro or nano or whatever size it needs, but the company I work for has the tools to do that.

They have advanced scissor technology?

The game is meant to be fan-fucking-tastic. Great followup to the series that has a lot of great action-stealth that washes the babbies-first-stealth-game taste of Conviction out of the system.

No idea on the WiiU edition though. Planning on grabbing the PC version down the track once my backlog is more manageable.

Yeah... I guess I should probably just wait until I can get the PC version for half that price. My backlog is out of control, so much so that I've passed on $10 Tomb Raider multiple times.

I can't believe people pay full price for games. My strong aversion to high prices is going to make picking up first party Nintendo games bloody tough.

Runs on the Telstra network. Unlimited calls/sms/mms. 2.5GB of data, used to be 5GB of data until recently. $35 for 30 days, just pay/use monthly. Wife has been on it for about 4-5 months now.

Good for light users but those who tether their phone or do tons of stuff on it would probably go over easily.

I'm light in terms of data usage but in terms of coverage and drop outs, aldi is great. Haven't regretted switching. Only bad part is how it takes a few hours for the recharge to go through

I still need to remember to cancel my Optus plan and setup the Aldi SIM I have lol

How much data do you usually use?

I can't believe people pay full price for games. My strong aversion to high prices is going to make picking up first party Nintendo games bloody tough.

Start of generation you tend to pay more for games due to there not being many around for the hardware you own.

End of this generation though we have like 10 games coming out every day on Steam, as well as 3DS games, Vita games, WiiU games, PS3 games and 360 games. Just fucking games flying out of everywhere all the time! The rise of Steam over the last 7 years has really changed the traditional AAA landscape.

That's not even taking into consideration the move to 99c games and F2P games!

Lucian Cat

Eh, I'll just stick to optus. Swapping over to a byo plan for $35 a month. 1gb data, unlimited sms/mms and 500 minutes. That'll be more than enough for me. Plus I can just take my wifi dongle with me if I need it. Plus I'll get a new sim card that's pre cut to pop out as micro if needed

Start of generation you tend to pay more for games due to there not being many around for the hardware you own.

End of this generation though we have like 10 games coming out every day on Steam, as well as 3DS games, Vita games, WiiU games, PS3 games and 360 games. Just fucking games flying out of everywhere all the time! The rise of Steam over the last 7 years has really changed the traditional AAA landscape.

That's not even taking into consideration the move to 99c games and F2P games!

Nintendo staunchly refuses to drop their prices below 50% off the original RRP generally, even years after release. For all of their faults, this is what annoys me most about Nintendo. Am I being greedy and spoilt? Yeah, but why would I pay $50 for a game that came out 3 years ago when I could pay $15 for one that came out 3 months ago?

Steam and digital PC sales changed everything for me. I don't think I can go back to a regular pricing scheme!

lexi

Banned
Nintendo staunchly refuses to drop their prices below 50% off the original RRP generally, even years after release. For all of their faults, this is what annoys me most about Nintendo. Am I being greedy and spoilt? Yeah, but why would I pay $50 for a game that came out 3 years ago when I could pay $15 for one that came out 3 months ago?

Steam and digital PC sales changed everything for me. I don't think I can go back to a regular pricing scheme!

I'm exactly the same. I'm kinda into the Sony ecosystem via the Vita, solely because of PS Plus, but that's it for me as far as consoles go.

Hmmm Splinter Cell: Blacklist for $29 on Wii U at JB: http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/wii-u/tom-clancy-s-splinter-cell-blacklist-wii-u/686513

Should I or shouldn't I?

yup. It's fine on Wii U. The only downside is that some loading screens are loooong.

Nintendo prices hold because they don't need to drop. I know that sounds weird, but their software sells and sells and sells years after it comes out. It's just the Wii U hardware that's not shifting.

I pay full price because I want a game when I want it. Most else I get a few months down the track. Next Gen will change that since It might be a bit longer for bomba pricing to hit launch titles. But with competition this time around, who knows?

Must go, The Wild Geese is on Netflix. Roger Moore is making a drug dealer eat heroin. I haven't seen this since I was a kid. I've chewed up 180GB bandwidth the last month and well over 80% of that must be netflix.

Bought. It's a good upgrade from my current Nexus which isn't really coping any more (and won't be getting the KittyKats apparently.)

Optus $49 plan. Been with them for years so I don't want to move. It takes micro sim.

I caved and ordered it. A responsible adult I am not

Nice, white or black? 16 and 32 blacks are sold out now, white is still available.

If you're looking for cases, get the ringke fusion hybrid or spigen ultra hybrid ones.

I'm on telstra pre-paid, I assume my sim will work on 4G automatically? I'd hate going on a rate plan just for 4G.

Eh, I'll just stick to optus. Swapping over to a byo plan for $35 a month. 1gb data, unlimited sms/mms and 500 minutes. That'll be more than enough for me. Plus I can just take my wifi dongle with me if I need it. Plus I'll get a new sim card that's pre cut to pop out as micro if needed

Currently using Telstra pre-paid encore bundle. $40 recharge gives me $510 calls/text, unlimited calls/text after 6pm and 700mb data. But the best part is that the $40 that you pay every month can be used to buy extra data, texts, mms, talktime and international data. PLUS you can use the full $40 on the google play store to purchase apps, games, music, etc. I haven't seen a better plan than this one, though it will not suit those who need lots of data for tethering or unlimited calls.

Top Bottom