• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Humble Bundles should get back to cross-platform being important. I used to get almost all Humble Bundles. But then they severely decreased their Linux support. At one point, they had a run of 30-something games over a series of bundles (in a row) and only one of them had a Linux version, and it was a repeat.

Edit: Also ZombiU is now at 50% on the eShop the next 7 days. I thought it might start on the store update day.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Nice, white or black? 16 and 32 blacks are sold out now, white is still available.

If you're looking for cases, get the ringke fusion hybrid or spigen ultra hybrid ones.

I'm on telstra pre-paid, I assume my sim will work on 4G automatically? I'd hate going on a rate plan just for 4G.

Currently using Telstra pre-paid encore bundle. $40 recharge gives me $510 calls/text, unlimited calls/text after 6pm and 700mb data. But the best part is that the $40 that you pay every month can be used to buy extra data, texts, mms, talktime and international data. PLUS you can use the full $40 on the google play store to purchase apps, games, music, etc. I haven't seen a better plan than this one, though it will not suit those who need lots of data for tethering or unlimited calls.

32gb black. Looks like I made the right choice jumping on it if it's sold out already. Where can I find those cases? The ones on ebay look ugly atm and the ones on the play store seem crazy expensive to me.

Humble Bundles should get back to cross-platform being important.
Also of note is that the games now automatically get added to Steam, rather than them giving you keys. Technically, you were never supposed to give away the keys you got even if they were duplicates, but they turned a blind eye.

32gb black. Looks like I made the right choice jumping on it if it's sold out already. Where can I find those cases? The ones on ebay look ugly atm and the ones on the play store seem crazy expensive to me.

Stupid GAF password reset, had to retype the whole post.

Amazon cases are mostly sold out/backorder. Ebay has the same ones and slightly cheaper in terms of shipping.

Spigen

Ringke

I'm using the Ringke fusion hybrid for my N4, great case for all round protection and transparent back shows off the sexy glass design. Adds a slight bulk though, so you might want to consider the slim case.

yup. It's fine on Wii U. The only downside is that some loading screens are loooong.

Nintendo prices hold because they don't need to drop. I know that sounds weird, but their software sells and sells and sells years after it comes out. It's just the Wii U hardware that's not shifting.

I pay full price because I want a game when I want it. Most else I get a few months down the track. Next Gen will change that since It might be a bit longer for bomba pricing to hit launch titles. But with competition this time around, who knows?

Yeah, I know, those Nintendo legs. Can't really blame them if they can keep the prices up like that... but as a consumer, it frustrates me.

I think the last game I actually payed full price for was Dark Souls. No regrets there! I even payed $10 to upgrade to the "next gen"
PC
version.

Funnily enough the last game that I would have payed full price for was Bioshock Infinite. I was totally prepared to lay down the clams, but managed to get it for $40 with a copy of X-Com and OG Bioshock thrown in for good measure. Go figure.

Lucian Cat

I like both of those ringke covers. Plus they're on sale so I might grab them both! Need a screen protector though. Got any recommentations on them? Some I've bought in the past have made my screen fuzzy so I'm pretty wary

Don't need one with Gorilla glass 3. I never took off the factory screen cover from my N4, still have it on.

Get a matte screen protector, less of a fingerprint magnet and less reflection in sunlight.

The spigen case comes with a free screen protector.

Lucian Cat

I ended up ordering the fusion and slim cases. Will hunt down a screen protector. I've been naked with my GN or the last few months and haven't managed to scratch it in that time so I shouldn't really need one. Just like to be safe

Lucian Cat

I like a few little scratches on my portable devices. Adds character.

My phone got whacked out of my hand during Korpiklaani by a crowd surfer. I was convinced the screen would be cracked coz it landed screen down. Nothing. Not a scratch. Yet the day I got it I was cutting down the screen protector and got the screen with my scissors. Go figure...

I ordered a 3 pack of the spigen screen protectors just then. I'm spending too much on a phone I don't even have yet!

I ended up ordering the fusion and slim cases. Will hunt down a screen protector. I've been naked with my GN or the last few months and haven't managed to scratch it in that time so I shouldn't really need one. Just like to be safe

Same here, bought both - fusion black and slim white. Though I'm pretty sure I'll end up using the phone naked most of the time.

Lucian Cat

I like the idea of putting pictures in the fusion case. I'd get a lot of use out of that. Change it to suit my moods or something haha.

Do we really have to wait til the 15th for it to ship? Ugh. I want it now!

jambo

I fumbled my S3 whilst getting it out of my pocket this morning and it fell down and smashed in to the pavement. The case went flying off as well.

Picked it up, not a scratch. Put the case back on and resumed listening to music.

Yay for Gorilla Glass.

markot

Banned
Says the people buying consoles that cant even hit 1080 and look like mid range pcs at best.

MY COMPUTER OUT COMPUTES YOU.

I fumbled my S3 whilst getting it out of my pocket this morning and it fell down and smashed in to the pavement. The case went flying off as well.

Picked it up, not a scratch. Put the case back on and resumed listening to music.

Yay for Gorilla Glass.

I've done that several times with my note2. Same thing always happens, the case and battery go flying but the screen is fine.

Also of note is that the games now automatically get added to Steam, rather than them giving you keys. Technically, you were never supposed to give away the keys you got even if they were duplicates, but they turned a blind eye.
They did this because fuckwits were selling the bundles on eBay for massive profits.

Ruined it for everyone!

Yay for Gorilla Glass.
This happened to me with my S3 sometime around April, except it got cracks on the right side of the front, but only going a few millimetres onto the screen part. Easily ignorable, and not the horrible stressor I immediately thought it was.

Yes, it does have a game mode, which does help. The only real quirk I found was in order to get "pixel direct" mode working right from my PC, but that's just a matter of picking the right settings. As with all plasmas, it doesn't look at its best in a bright room. I've had mine for about 4 months, and I've been thrilled with it, the colours and black level are amazing. I would definitely recommend getting one, especially with all the talk of Panasonic ceasing plasma production next year.

Thanks for all the help with the info, I ended up buying the 50" this afternoon to pick up tomorrow. Exciting!

Incidentally, does AusGAF have any wisdom on getting rid of old CRT televisions that doesn't involve going to the tip? I haven't used Gumtree before, but eBay doesn't really seem like an option seeing as I doubt anyone would by them, plus I want them gone asap. Do I really want to start leaving stuff on the curb?

4 days from Amazon.

T8M4YE8.jpg

Thank fuck, forgot my password after changing it for the forced reset, then it just came to me after a week, the mind is a crazy thing guys.

Thanks for all the help with the info, I ended up buying the 50" this afternoon to pick up tomorrow. Exciting!

Incidentally, does AusGAF have any wisdom on getting rid of old CRT televisions that doesn't involve going to the tip? I haven't used Gumtree before, but eBay doesn't really seem like an option seeing as I doubt anyone would by them, plus I want them gone asap. Do I really want to start leaving stuff on the curb?
Most recycling places will take them. What state are you in? Just go to the local privately run tip and ask them.
Eg. SA

Well they shouldn'tve spent their food money on guinness. Serves 'em right.
GUINNESS IS FOOD FFS!

Thank fuck, forgot my password after changing it for the forced reset, then it just came to me after a week, the mind is a crazy thing guys.

You can always Tweet one of the GAF crew if you get in a bind!

Shaneus

Eh. Alien Breed games are really mediocre.

Armageddon is a classic though! Not sure why I would need an update though, just bought the $1 version.
Yeah, not really grabbing for Alien Breed (I think I got that from one of the Steam things where they had giveaways for how many cheevos you got during a sale or something?), more Superfrog HD (because Gazunta would've wanted me to try it) and Worms, so I can finally stop fucking asking everyone which one is the best when it crops up on GMG.

Also, the 720P thing with TotD is getting to me more than I thought. But not as much as the "LOL as if you even notice the 720P anyway, dick" comments. Fucking NeoGAF.

PS. Everyone who has an iOS device should get on the Mahvel Puzzle Quest game. It's pretty rad. No idea if it's by the same (Aussie) guys who did the original PQ, though. Oh, and it's free but it's not offensively freemium.

Shaneus

Well that changed

mpq9svd.png

ads9fsl0.png

Also lol Obsidian :(
A full year delay from the original date.

Now it launches the week before Dark Souls 2 and Titanfall.

HAS UBISOFT SEEN TITANFALL?

Is it really that far off being solid enough to release? Should aim for February!
What platforms is South Park even for... I thought it was just 360 or something? Unless there's a next-gen version (Xbox @ 720p lolz) at launch, it'll be dead in the water.

Dang, Eminem finally released another good album over a decade since his last. Good enough to get me away from the new Arcade Fire album for a few minutes at least! Hot damn it's good.

Good example of what the top quality producers can help you do!

What platforms is South Park even for... I thought it was just 360 or something? Unless there's a next-gen version (Xbox @ 720p lolz) at launch, it'll be dead in the water.

PC/360/PS3.

Sadly enough Obsidian had a next gen game in the works a year and a half ago that got cancelled :(

They really need some stronger managers over there that can see this shit coming and make sure the product isn't over reaching their margins.

Top Bottom