• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

r1chard

So, all that whining about PAX being crap this year and then the 3 day passes sell out in 24 hours, 11 months out from the event. Yeah.

WOOO PAX! :)

Mother fucker.

I got some cash for my bday yesterday to buy the James Bond blu-ray collection.

Ankh found it for $139 on Sanity so i ordered.

Then this morning I found out that the new Aussie version is a shitty plastic digipack, while everyone else in the world gets two hard cover books with high quality images and disc slots.

I found the good version for $10 less on Amazon so I'll just import it.

Couldn't find a cancel button on the Sanity web sote, so I sent them an email to cancel the order.

I just got an email confirming the item was shipped =S

I thought Arnie was joking when he said it was your birthday which is the only reason I wished you a happy one because I hate you.

happy birthday for realsies

buy both
mexican girl

You're alright markot, you're alright.

So, all that whining about PAX being crap this year and then the 3 day passes sell out in 24 hours, 11 months out from the event. Yeah.

WOOO PAX! :)

Cocaine's a helluva drug.

NewGame

Banned
Ahhh you vultures!! The 3 Day passes have sold out. Now I have to buy 3 individual day tickets like a wombat.

And my friends are all confused. I told them it was an Oct 2014 event yesterday and then today I am screaming at them to buy tickets because it's going to sell out.

Mother fucker.

I got some cash for my bday yesterday to buy the James Bond blu-ray collection.

Ankh found it for $139 on Sanity so i ordered.

Then this morning I found out that the new Aussie version is a shitty plastic digipack, while everyone else in the world gets two hard cover books with high quality images and disc slots.

I found the good version for $10 less on Amazon so I'll just import it.

Couldn't find a cancel button on the Sanity web sote, so I sent them an email to cancel the order.

I just got an email confirming the item was shipped =S

Happy birthday mate.

Micallef got onto the front of reddit this morning. All is right with the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqEjatCSe0

I can't wait to see Micallef on Danger 5.

jambo

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone.

I'm more confused about Sanity now.

A few hours after I got the shipping confirmation email, Sanity sent me another saying the order was cancelled and they'll refund my credit card in 1-3 days.

Only issue is, they supposedly express shipped it already, so will I still get it and have to send it back? Hopefully not at my cost.

Other annoying thing is the refund not being instant means I will be short of $150 until the weekend.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone.

I'm more confused about Sanity now.

A few hours after I got the shipping confirmation email, Sanity sent me another saying the order was cancelled and they'll refund my credit card in 1-3 days.

Only issue is, they supposedly express shipped it already, so will I still get it and have to send it back? Hopefully not at my cost.

Other annoying thing is the refund not being instant means I will be short of $150 until the weekend.

They'll probably refund you regardless of you sending it back. Send it on down to Hobart if that happens ;)

lexi

Banned
Amazon PSN digital store! FUCK YEAH!

I bet it is region free, you just need to add phony US billing address on your account. You can use Aussie credit cards and stuff.

Gazunta

Dunno what the big deal is.

PAX was the best three days of 2013 for me by a large fucking mile, they had my money in minutes.

Maybe coz I attended zero (0) panels, wanted to check out maybe 3 or 4 booths at max, and couldn't really care about what celebrities were there. It was just a weekend where I got to hang out with fellow dorks and have a laugh. I'm preeeeeetty confident next year's show will be great too.

Amazon PSN digital store! FUCK YEAH!

I bet it is region free, you just need to add phony US billing address on your account. You can use Aussie credit cards and stuff.

FYI- american companies don't treat billing address the same as Australian ones. They mean the address the bill is sent to, not the address the card is registered to. So the shipping address is usually fine.

Pick an address in a state where Amazon doesn't collect sales tax like Oregon

I see my facebook and twitter feeds are going be all kickstarter, all fucking day for the next month or so.

Rezbit

Happy birthday Omi + Jambo.

If the day passes for PAX are available next year (doubt it) I will go, otherwise I guess I'll miss out. Just can't bring myself to buy right now for something a year away, especially when Mario 3D is out soon and demands my dolla.

2013-11-12

Got a 7 day PS plus trial (US). Any takers?

jambo

Not sure if I'll get the James Bond set straight away.

Went looking at suits for the wedding today and now I want to buy suits.

Well your profile was private so I had to. Only way to further stalk my 1truluv.

Yeah well I love you so much that you're my 2truluv!

r1chard

PAX was the best three days of 2013 for me by a large fucking mile, they had my money in minutes.

Maybe coz I attended zero (0) panels, wanted to check out maybe 3 or 4 booths at max, and couldn't really care about what celebrities were there. It was just a weekend where I got to hang out with fellow dorks and have a laugh. I'm preeeeeetty confident next year's show will be great too.

I'll be glad I'll have the opportunity to go to more panels next year, but even without them I had a blast this year. Best three days of 2013 for me by a large fucking mile too.

Rezbit

Wow that looks freaking great. Launch titles always look like ass compared to the rest of the gen too, so this is pretty exciting if this already looks good to me.

Just looks okay to me. After 7 years I probably expected better to be honest. Voice acting pretty embarrassing. Killzone games also don't have very good gameplay IMO. This still looks like the best next-gen game though, probably why my hype is pretty much zero. Dead Rising 3 could have been good but looks like it's straight up doo doo. Will be a long time before I bother with either console I reckon.

Gazunta

Kickstarter tier bonus: KS video outtakes. $150.

Me punching a NES in frustration across the room IS a sight to behold lemme tell ya.

Jesus FUCKING christ all video editing and converting programs are so fucking terrible how on earth do people do this without punching their machines in.

All I want to do is add some pictures on top of some existing video. BUT NOOOOOOOO THAT WOULD BE TOO EASY HAVE YOU DOWNLOADED THE AACFOGH CODEC? OH AND THIS EDITING PROGRAM ONLY ACCEPTS MPG MPEG AVI AND EVERY OTHER FUCKING CODEC ON EARTH EXCEPT THE ONE YOU'RE USING TRY THIS CONVERSION UTILITY OH WHOOPS THE VIDEO IS 1MB TOO LARGE START AGAIN

Preach it brother. I had a ball last year and it'll be a good excuse to catch up with my brother over there.

Gazunta

Holy fucking shit, I give up.

I have a wmv video I would like to overlay with images.

How.

This is fucking insane there is no easy way to do this.

where are you finding all these people lmao.

OMG MEETUPS!

RadelaideGAF/Not So BadelaideGAF
When: November 15th 5-6pm ONWARDS
Where: Elephant?
Attending: HolyCheck, Jambo, Frawdder, Lucian Cat, Dead Man, Mr Tone, DeadMeadow88
Maybe:turtlesbonanza, H Protagonist
Not Attending:
Why: Because Jambo has too many friends and this is the only time that works for him. Get an autograph.

KEEN? QUOTE POST AND LET ME KNOW.

radelaide gaf on its way to being one of the biggest non pax meet ups!

Holy, this still on? I'm a solid now if it is. :)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
OMG MEETUPS!

Where: Elephant
Attending: HolyCheck, Jambo, Frawdder, Lucian Cat + 1, Dead Man, Mr Tone, DeadMeadow88, H Protagonist, Aniseed, Bananaarnie
Maybe:turtlesbonanza, bananafish
Not Attending: Vormund (too busy jet setting in asia)
Why: Because Jambo has too many friends and this is the only time that works for him. Get an autograph.

NOTES: I'll be there around 4ish onwards I guess, PM if you require my mobile number for a contact!

LIST UPDATED. with surprise melbgaf inclusions.

Holy fucking shit, I give up.

I have a wmv video I would like to overlay with images.

How.

This is fucking insane there is no easy way to do this.

Whats the program? what's not working?

Photoshop does video. Download a demo of sony vegas i you havent tried that.

It most certainly is!

Woo! Happy belated, by the way.

Yay! RadGaf is best Gaf

Wahey!

OMG MEETUPS!

Where: Elephant
Attending: HolyCheck, Jambo, Frawdder, Lucian Cat + 1, Dead Man, Mr Tone, DeadMeadow88, H Protagonist, Aniseed, Bananaarnie
Maybe:turtlesbonanza, bananafish
Not Attending: Vormund (too busy jet setting in asia)

NOTES: I'll be there around 4ish onwards I guess, PM if you require my mobile number for a contact!

LIST UPDATED. with surprise melbgaf inclusions.

Wow. That's a nice turn up. Didn't know there were so many Adelaide Gaffers.

jambo

11 to 13 people.

Holy shit!

Once again proving we are BestGAF.

EDIT: I might need to set up some sort of desk and line for autographs.

Top Bottom