• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Shaneus

soz shaneus

Lily Allen Returns to Mock Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke, Et Al.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=714182

complete with great posts displaying people completely missing the point, followed by an entire discussion on what the difference between satire and a parody is
All good, I found it. What I don't get is how the fuck people don't get that the autotune was a part of the satire? Fucking seriously, GAF for the most part is fucking dense.

banana.png

picture for reference
/banana for scale
I wish it was possible.

Holy, banana, are you guys driving or flying?

flying

Mar

Dunno what the big deal is.

PAX was the best three days of 2013 for me by a large fucking mile, they had my money in minutes.

Maybe coz I attended zero (0) panels, wanted to check out maybe 3 or 4 booths at max, and couldn't really care about what celebrities were there. It was just a weekend where I got to hang out with fellow dorks and have a laugh. I'm preeeeeetty confident next year's show will be great too.

This.

I was actually surprised to hear people not enjoying themselves. I never felt bored the entire 3 days, and there was heaps of stuff I never got to see or do. Sure there were times where I was absolutely exhausted and almost left early on one night, but I stayed and was glad I did (Protomen).

And as much as a board game day with a bunch of gaffers sounds great (as opposed to coming down for PAX), I think most people need a few more reasons to spend a few grand on travel and accommodation. PAX is that excuse to head interstate and see some cool things, but the meetups are the most rewarding.

GirlGaf is strong at this meet-up too. ^_^ If only we could fly Shan down now.
I don't think I can take the time off this close to the date :(
Holy crap that's a lot of gaffers! You better all show up!
Hah! Have you SEEN the PAX photos?

Well, it's me, you and DeadMeadow on this side, and there's Shan up in Brisbane as well as ApricotSushi (<--could swear that was her Gaf name, but search isn't turning up anything…). I'm not sure I know any others. *_*
What about Lexi?!

I'm not a big fan of her but this new song is really catchy! Would be greatly improved without the autotune, but it's still good ^^

EDIT: Oh that's satire too? Well then.

jambos face has popped up in a bunch of the meet pics that get posted on here
also that time he had that beard he was proud of and decided to share with us
wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt just that

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I don't think I can take the time off this close to the date :(
</3

Hah! Have you SEEN the PAX photos?
That's more than just meeting for beer in town though! 11 is a lot for Adelaide haha

What about Lexi?!
Oh my god. I feel bad now. Sorry Lexi <3

jambos face has popped up in a bunch of the meet pics that get posted on here
also that time he had that beard he was proud of and decided to share with us
wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt just that
¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Has anyone gotten a better deal on BF4 PC than ozgameshop's $60?

Greenman gaming doesn't even want to know you if you're Australian apparently.

Mexican VPN

Found a shop in Brisbane selling Ise Kadoya beers for $2 a bottle or $9 for a 6 pack. Seems like a pretty ridiculous price for imported Japanese micro brewery beer.

If anyone wants details, let me know. I don't want this deal to get Ozbargained or anything.

Indeed I would.

dinopoke

bought my first album in a while, super excited to see karina utomo in another awesome band. young + the restless were great. i was super sad when they broke up in 2009 :(
Y&R were fantastic! My computer studies teacher was one of the guitarists until he moved to Melbourne when the band got big. Pretty sad too when the band disbanded. I didn't know Karina Utomo formed a new one! I really like her voice so I'll check them out!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Y&R were fantastic! My computer studies teacher was one of the guitarists until he moved to Melbourne when the band got big. Pretty sad too when the band disbanded. I didn't know Karina Utomo formed a new one! I really like her voice so I'll check them out!

oh awesome!!!

yeah i heard it on rage a few weeks ago from the other room.. and it just had to be her.. but i kept forgetting to look until the other day in jbhifi i just sat on my phone googling.

enjoyable album

Dead Man

I look pretty much like the photo I posted a few weeks back, beard is a bit longer. Someone better recognise me because I am shite at matching photos and people. Probably walk right past the bunch of ya.

EDIT: I might need to set up some sort of desk and line for autographs.

Nah, I won't be signing on the night.

I look pretty much like the photo I posted a few weeks back, beard is a bit longer. Someone better recognise me because I am shite at matching photos and people. Probably walk right past the bunch of ya.

All you have to do is drive up in that Mustang of yours and forget about people not noticing you. :p

Dead Man

All you have to do is drive up in that Mustang of yours and forget about people not noticing you. :p

LOL, no drinking and driving for me. Car is back at the mechanics anyway, engine mount collapsed, then the wrong ones arrived, then the right ones didn't have enough adjustment, now waiting on some fancy imported things. The joys of 40 year old cars. Ah well, not like I have anywhere to go at the moment anyway ;) A life of leisure is starting to appeal to me.

LOL, no drinking and driving for me. Car is back at the mechanics anyway, engine mount collapsed, then the wrong ones arrived, then the right ones didn't have enough adjustment, now waiting on some fancy imported things. The joys of 40 year old cars. Ah well, not like I have anywhere to go at the moment anyway ;) A life of leisure is starting to appeal to me.

Do you have a 'guy' for Mustang stuff? If not I can ask my uncle in Adelaide who he gets all his stuff through, he has a few over there now (and a few in our shed he can't be bothered moving >_<).

Well, it's me, you and DeadMeadow on this side, and there's Shan up in Brisbane as well as ApricotSushi (<--could swear that was her Gaf name, but search isn't turning up anything…). I'm not sure I know any others. *_*

ApricotSushi is the Twitter name of the person who runs Streetpass Brisbane. She was helping out with my Bulba table at Supanova on the Friday. =) Don't think she has a GAF account.

I hate that annoying prick. Whenever I was stoned off my arse watching TNG at 1am on TV we would always boo when that stick in the mud came on.

EDIT: Wheaton I mean. Not you Lexi. You cool, I promise.

Arnie you're going to Adelaide too? wowwee

Holy crap that's a lot of gaffers! You better all show up!

The only time I've ever wished I lived in Adelaide.

if it helps as it might be busy, this is what i look like:

How was the salad?

Let's not forget the whole "schnitty" thing, too. We should drop a bomb on Adelaide during these drinks so there are no more people on this earth referring to a quality schnitz as a "schnitty".

Schnitz? Schnitz?! Schnitty.

Picture for reference:

CWkUiIV.png

*swoon*

You look slightly familiar and I don't know why. Ever posted in the pics thread?

Hey! Back off!

Found a shop in Brisbane selling Ise Kadoya beers for $2 a bottle or $9 for a 6 pack. Seems like a pretty ridiculous price for imported Japanese micro brewery beer. .

That's crazy!

Leaving EU PS Plus:
27th November: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
27th November: Jak and Daxter Trilogy
27th November: MotorStorm RC
27th November: Oddworld Strangers Wrath

Entering EU PS Plus:
29th November: RESOGUN
29th November: Contrast
27th November: Grid 2
27th November: Guacamelee! (Cross Buy)
27th November: Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed VITA
27th November: Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories VITA

Danoss

I kept checking YouTube to see when the hell The Genius Season 2 would be subbed. I have no idea where I read that it would be out 11th November, but it was clearly wrong. 7th December seems to be the correct date, so there's 3 weeks to go until it's out. I'm sure most of you are already aware of this, but I thought I'd mention it for those that aren't.

Unrelated, Defiant Gaming continues to be a great place to shop. Accidentally ordered a duplicate miniature today, emailed them to have it changed to another of the same value and they replied within minutes saying that it would be fixed before the package is mailed out. Had a parcel from them arrive today and something was missing. I emailed them a second time to notify them and again they were on the ball and it was included in the parcel leaving from them today. Super friendly, super quick and reasonably priced. Need more shops like them here. Games Empire is excellent and I still buy stuff from them, but they don't always have the new releases right away. They still have a killer deal on Dreadball, which I haven't seen better elsewhere, and it is a great hybrid miniatures/board game. It's like a tabletop version of Speedball, for those that remember that great game; I played the shit out of Speedball 2 on Amiga.

And as much as a board game day with a bunch of gaffers sounds great (as opposed to coming down for PAX), I think most people need a few more reasons to spend a few grand on travel and accommodation. PAX is that excuse to head interstate and see some cool things, but the meetups are the most rewarding.

A few grand? Can I stay in your room for free? I'll sleep on the floor, it'll be fine. That's some serious money for a few days with most of the time not spent inside the motel room.

Happy birthday, Jambo! Sorry I missed it earlier, hope you had/have a good one. Funny to think of all the AusGAF members with their birthdays in a clump.

Frawdder

I kept checking YouTube to see when the hell The Genius Season 2 would be subbed. I have no idea where I read that it would be out 11th November, but it was clearly wrong. 7th December seems to be the correct date, so there's 3 weeks to go until it's out. I'm sure most of you are already aware of this, but I thought I'd mention it for those that aren't.
I watched season 1 in two nights this past weekend on your and everyone else's recommendation. Not a show I would normally watch but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for the heads up about the different date, it will make me stop checking YouTube constantly for season 2.

Fusebox

Banned
Stupid Amazon 2-for-1 PS4 sale. Killzone won't ship to Australia and Battlefield 4 is sold out

What to get now. Marvel Lego, AC4 and.....?

Oh and Schnitzel >>> Schnitty >>>> Never heard anyone says Schnitz before sounds dumb.

Stupid Amazon 2-for-1 PS4 sale. Killzone won't ship to Australia and Battlefield 4 is sold out

What to get now. Marvel Lego, AC4 and.....?

Oh and Schnitzel >>> Schnitty >>>> Never heard anyone says Schnitz before sounds dumb.

It's not stupid, it was only for a couple of hours and stock was expected to be sold out.

Unless you had a console pre-order, in which case you could have easily combined the games to your existing order and 2 days in advance to do it before everyone else got access to the deal.

Fusebox

Banned
It'a stupid that they'll ship every PS4 game to Australia except Killzone, the stupid fucks.

I've had my PS4 preordered there since it was possible but I didn't want to touch the original order because of all the nightmare stories I heard about orders getting cancelled.

Not sure why they aren't shipping KZSF anymore, my 2 copies arrived yesterday.

Did you try talking to a rep about adding the game to your order? If you let them do it, you won't mess up your order.

Call though, avoid chat.

This is what happened to me, useless chat reps. One phone call fixed it.

Fusebox

Banned
Aw thx man, you didn't have to buy an extra copy of Killzone just for me!

I'm guessing it'll be on the US PSN store for $59, I'll just d/l it while I play Resogun or something.

senahorse

Knack has never looked like a good game to me, I was somewhat interested when people were likening it Kameo, but on closer inspection it just looks dull.

Shaneus

A few grand? Can I stay in your room for free? I'll sleep on the floor, it'll be fine. That's some serious money for a few days with most of the time not spent inside the motel room.

Happy birthday, Jambo! Sorry I missed it earlier, hope you had/have a good one. Funny to think of all the AusGAF members with their birthdays in a clump.
No shit, you can crash at mine if you like. I'm not sure if Rep would want to bring his wife to my place (unless she REALLY likes pinball/awkwardness) but you'd be more than welcome to stay at my joint. There's a single leg of a train ride there, then maybe 10 minutes walk from the station (at the most) to get to the expo.

Top Bottom