• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
OMG MEETUPS!

RadelaideGAF/Not So BadelaideGAF
When: November 15th 5-6pm ONWARDS
Where: Elephant
Attending: HolyCheck, Jambo, Frawdder, Lucian Cat + 1, Dead Man, Mr Tone, DeadMeadow88, H Protagonist, Aniseed, Bananaarnie
Maybe:turtlesbonanza, bananafish
Not Attending: Vormund (too busy jet setting in asia)
Why: Because Jambo has too many friends and this is the only time that works for him. Get an autograph.

NOTES: I'll be there around 4ish onwards I guess, PM if you require my mobile number for a contact!

KEEN? QUOTE POST AND LET ME KNOW.

LIST UPDATED. with surprise melbgaf inclusions.

Holy crap that's a lot of gaffers! You better all show up!

Dunno what the big deal is.

PAX was the best three days of 2013 for me by a large fucking mile, they had my money in minutes.

Maybe coz I attended zero (0) panels, wanted to check out maybe 3 or 4 booths at max, and couldn't really care about what celebrities were there. It was just a weekend where I got to hang out with fellow dorks and have a laugh. I'm preeeeeetty confident next year's show will be great too.
Thats the same for me and I bet all the others but our point is we dont need pax or a fee of 150 to hang out for a weekend. If we arnt going to do any of the pax stuff at pax, why do we need pax.

Thats the same for me and I bet all the others but our point is we dont need pax or a fee of 150 to hang out for a weekend. If we arnt going to do any of the pax stuff at pax, why do we need pax.

Bingo. We spent most of our time playing board games that AusGAFFERS (Clipper) owned. Apart from attempting to get as many magic cards as we could that $150 each could go towards good drink and food for 3 days.

Download vegas. It was always pretty easy to use. The demo is full functioning for 30 days. Ps can do stuff but its a pain to use.

Either that or imovie on your ipad.

You should be able to overlay stuff with ease, do keying, etc.

Take your time and do the job properly rather than rush.

That'd be awesome actually.

Are there any other AusGirlGaffers? I'm drawing a blank tbh. I just recall you 3

Well, it's me, you and DeadMeadow on this side, and there's Shan up in Brisbane as well as ApricotSushi (<--could swear that was her Gaf name, but search isn't turning up anything…). I'm not sure I know any others. *_*

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
if it helps as it might be busy, this is what i look like:
1380097_585426101514042_514773367_n.jpg
304859_10200249102132145_855568121_n.jpg

Speaking of phones. My HTC one screen is all...broken. :(

Warranty? I think HTC is the only company that offers reasonable, if not free, service for cracked displays within the warranty period.

I had HTC One X with a broken screen, they replaced it free of cost, that too overseas.

HolyCheck

I wish it was possible.

Holy, banana, are you guys driving or flying?

i'm flying in friday out sunday! for my sisters 21st!

her present will be me appearing there!

bought my first album in a while, super excited to see karina utomo in another awesome band. young + the restless were great. i was super sad when they broke up in 2009 :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lFRmd79GrM
High Tension - High Risk High Rewards

also this film clip is great
high tension - collingwood http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG96s9Ye2OY

Lucian Cat

i'm flying in friday out sunday! for my sisters 21st!

her present will be me appearing there!

bought my first album in a while, super excited to see karina utomo in another awesome band. young + the restless were great. i was super sad when they broke up in 2009 :(

And here was me thinking you were down for supanova. I think that's this weekend. Too lazy to check or go

HolyCheck

yeh its this weekend and i just checked the site and had my mind blown

Merry in Lord of the Rings, Charlie in LOST

same guy

edit: H Prog

radelaide is the cheapest ever. elephant has $5 imperial pints !

Lucian Cat

yeh its this weekend and i just checked the site and had my mind blown

Merry in Lord of the Rings, Charlie in LOST

same guy

edit: H Prog

radelaide is the cheapest ever. elephant has $5 imperial pints !

Sweet! I'll be tipsy after 2. Cheap night for me!

Do they do food? I may be hungry

HolyCheck

Sweet! I'll be tipsy after 2. Cheap night for me!

Do they do food? I may be hungry

yep pub food!
schnittys etc with gravy. (edit for omi :p )

and to rub into the faces of you jerks from other states who think your expensive beers are great.
November Drink Specials at the Elephant Adelaide Beer of the Month:
$6 Imperial Pints of Hahn Super Dry
Stubbie of the Month: $5 Crown Lager
Spirit of the Month: $5 Midori Melon

Shaneus

NO GRAVY? NO GRAVY?!?

If I've said anything nice about the either or you in the past I summarily retract it.
Let's not forget the whole "schnitty" thing, too. We should drop a bomb on Adelaide during these drinks so there are no more people on this earth referring to a quality schnitz as a "schnitty".

HolyCheck

Let's not forget the whole "schnitty" thing, too. We should drop a bomb on Adelaide during these drinks so there are no more people on this earth referring to a quality schnitz as a "schnitty".

hows your states german/austrian heritage?

thought so.

Dryk

Holy crap that's a lot of gaffers! You better all show up!
Can't. Girlfriend and I are going to see Gravity at Palace at 5:15 :p

If anyone's outside when I walk past I might wave. But since I don't know any of you and vice-versa I'll probably just look like a crazy person. Unless H.Protagonist is wearing the box then I'll be able to pick you out.

Lucian Cat

Can't. Girlfriend and I are going to see Gravity at Palace at 5:15 :p

If anyone's outside when I walk past I might wave. But since I don't know any of you and vice-versa I'll probably just look like a crazy person. Unless H.Protagonist is wearing the box then I'll be able to pick you out.

Then come join us for a beer afterwards. We'll be a seas of nerds. And look for the female with bright red hair. I may stand out in the right lighting

Shaneus

Being of the correct descent, it's schnitzel. Not any weird bastardisation.
But if I interrupt you, it's schnitz. So we both win! The only losers are those from Adelaide.

I kid. All us Australians are awesome. Compared to the Americans, at least. Especially Dead Man, who has the unfortunate misfortune of both being from the US and living in Adelaide. He should come to Melbourne.

also this film clip is great
high tension - collingwood http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG96s9Ye2OY
My man, loved me some Y & R back in the day. I'm a bit shocked High Tension hasn't caught on more, it's really tasty metal that's easy to love! Also Nation Blue had a decent following, seemed like a great mesh of the two bands, kinda like when Birds of Tokyo formed out of Karnivool & Tragic Delicate.

The lily allen thread makes my brain hurt.

how are people so dense.

FUCKIN HOLY GONNA HOLY

But yeah, her new song is a fucking home run. She always was a topline writer. Damn good work as always.

Shaneus

FUCKIN HOLY GONNA HOLY

But yeah, her new song is a fucking home run. She always was a topline writer. Damn good work as always.
Ahaha, I was so close to saying something but I didn't wanna come off like a whiny bitch (you don't because you haven't been incessently bitching about his use of the "word" "schnitty").

HolyCheck

soz shaneus

Lily Allen Returns to Mock Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke, Et Al.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=714182

complete with great posts displaying people completely missing the point, followed by an entire discussion on what the difference between satire and a parody is

Complain about having to adhere to super model standards.

have super model like dancers in your video.

Seems on point.

Liked her when she first came out but was really dissapointed by how sloppy her body got at the show I saw in sf. (mustve just went crazy on tour) she was in a tanktop that didn't hide anything. ..ugh

please explain this line to me

"I'm not going to shake my ass on you because I have a brain"

while she shows black women in the video shaking their ass. Because i don't understand this.

But it's not ripping into... it's reinforcing it despite the fact the "Allen is in on it."

It lacks tact.

It's like saying every animal is beautiful and worthy of life and all you show is a montage of cats and dogs.

Found a shop in Brisbane selling Ise Kadoya beers for $2 a bottle or $9 for a 6 pack. Seems like a pretty ridiculous price for imported Japanese micro brewery beer.

If anyone wants details, let me know. I don't want this deal to get Ozbargained or anything.

Drats, the 3 day PASAus tickets are gone? Oh well, hopefully I'll be getting a media pass this year. Will have to send in the email for details on those things this weekend.

Found a shop in Brisbane selling Ise Kadoya beers for $2 a bottle or $9 for a 6 pack. Seems like a pretty ridiculous price for imported Japanese micro brewery beer.

If anyone wants details, let me know. I don't want this deal to get Ozbargained or anything.

Please PM me with those. Been ages since I've had a decent Japanese brew.

Top Bottom