• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

NOT SURE IF IM GOING TO GRAB RAYMAN LEGENDS

>_<

SOMEONE TALK ME INTO IT

NOT ENOUGH SHOOT BANG FOR MY BRAIN TO ENJOY

<_>

It's only the most gorgeous platformer ever made!

Great fun in multiplayer, great music, more accessible than NSMB games or the like. It will almost literally charm the pants off you, and for $28 it's truly a no brainer.

>_<

SOMEONE TALK ME INTO IT

<_>

It looks great and controls very well. Plays better than Origins and ditches the naff shmup levels (except for in the section with Origins levels).

The Murfy stuff is a real mixed bag. I guess it'd be okay overall if you had someone that just wanted to play that kind of touching elements of the stage thing while you did the actual platforming but in single player for the most part the AI Globox just plods along and it's a real bore. There are a couple of stages in the main game, and in the daily/weekly challenges, where the AI character actually builds up to a decent clip and the Murfy gameplay actually shows that it can be pretty fun in its own right, though they're few and far between for the amount of Murfy stages there actually are in the game.

If you liked Rayman Origins, or like platformers in general, it's well worth it at the $28 or whatever EB are doing for it.

It looks great and controls very well. Plays better than Origins and ditches the naff shmup levels (except for in the section with Origins levels).

The Murfy stuff is a real mixed bag. I guess it'd be okay overall if you had someone that just wanted to play that kind of touching elements of the stage thing while you did the actual platforming but in single player for the most part the AI Globox just plods along and it's a real bore. There are a couple of stages in the main game, and in the daily/weekly challenges, where the AI character actually builds up to a decent clip and the Murfy gameplay actually shows that it can be pretty fun in its own right, though they're few and far between for the amount of Murfy stages there actually are in the game.

If you liked Rayman Origins, or like platformers in general, it's well worth it at the $28 or whatever EB are doing for it.

I think the Murfy stuff is way better single player on 360/PS3/PC. You control Rayman, and have the added challenge of needing to multitask getting Murfy to do stuff (it's only a button press, but still!).

Wii U is probably the way to go for multi player.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I think the Murfy stuff is way better single player on 360/PS3/PC. You control Rayman, and have the added challenge of needing to multitask getting Murfy to do stuff (it's only a button press, but still!).

Wii U is probably the way to go for multi player.

sif!

controlling the shield to protect murphy, then having to tap the fireballs out of the way and dragging a platform in place, keeping in mind if you dont he's going to jump right off the edge and into that fireball.

Ack, tickets are out already? Well, I hope there's some left next month :| Don't know if I'll even be in Australia next year, but this year's one was great so I don't wanna miss out...

>_<

SOMEONE TALK ME INTO IT

<_>
Do it! It's adorable and the music is great. It's impossible to be unhappy after playing it! Plus you can play it with the boy.

Shaneus

All I needed to hear :)

*cue me spending three days hovering around the retro gaming area telling everyone how great Rainbow Islands is*
I'll be there too. With my medal.

Where's your medal?

3 DAY PASS GET

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
If people like you are going to be there, I think I might wanna go as well, if only to catch up with people like you
(not actually you)

PAX Australia 2014 News:

- YOU CAN BUY TICKETS NOW!

That is about it. I guess.

Look, far from me to be a kill joy, that ain't enough of a reason to throw away hard earned etc, even if most of the 'regular' things will be there. It requires a lot of faith from the attendee that they will get something they are interested in a year out from the date of the actual show.

But. Just my horrible aged cynical opinion etc.
Yeah, I'm kinda like that, but I adored the retro gaming area and the pinball area and I have a feeling that if I'm over it after the first day, I could probably sell the rest of the pass for cheap.

Having said that, I can't remember how much a pass was for this year and haven't brought up the page to see how much next year's is.

Fake edit: $150? That's quite reasonable. This year's price was worth it, if only to qualify for the Vic. Metallica pinball state finals. And the medal. Hopefully another pinball thing will be at next year's.

Yug: Any idea if there'll be a pinball thing at 2014 AusPAX? Reckon you could get the Idle Thumbs guys to come down for a show?

Fuck how long do you think 3 day pass will be available for Yug? I don't get paid until Friday!?!
Lemme know if you want me to grab one for you, you can pay me back whenever :)

Jintor

If you build it and there is an unstoppable momentum train behind it they will come.

I don't know if I'll be in the country next year, so I'm gonna pass I guess.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
If you build it and there is an unstoppable momentum train behind it they will come.

I don't know if I'll be in the country next year, so I'm gonna pass I guess.

this is the horrid reason why they do sell them early.. but in a perfect world you'd do the BDO method. but what evs trevs

Shaneus

Speaking of shit gameplay, I was looking to free up some space on my SSD RAID0 getup and decided to see if Battlefield 3 single-player was worth it.

Holy fucking shit, it's not even hyperbole when I say the first 10 minutes is less interactive than Dragon's Lair/Space Ace. SPACESPACESPACESPACE. EEEEEEE. SPACESPACESPACESPACE.

Fuck off.

Honestly thought people were overstating it with how much it was just an interactive movie. Kojima and MGS4 can rest easy. DICE should go back to making Mirror's Edge and Rallisport Challenge.

Mar

Hopefully another pinball thing will be at next year's.

There will definitely be another pinball competition at PAX 2014, Norbert wouldn't miss that kind of exposure for the world.

Also, mark me in for the GAF meet next time. I was pretty disappointed that I missed that.

1454672_611883775513482_1013519504_n.jpg

Burns all around.

Axiom

Okay, it was just going too fast. I had to get my PAX ticket...though now I'm not sure if I'm getting a game with the PS4

Shaneus

There will definitely be another pinball competition at PAX 2014, Norbert wouldn't miss that kind of exposure for the world.

Also, mark me in for the GAF meet next time. I was pretty disappointed that I missed that.
Yeah, that's what I was hoping. Fingers crossed it's with Star Trek next year too. I'm not sure how the release of Metallica and PAX 2013 lines up compared to the release of ST and PAX 2014, but I really, really hope that's it.

Or the re-release of Medieval Madness ;) (Or WOZ. Still yet to even see that)

Okay, it was just going too fast. I had to get my PAX ticket...though now I'm not sure if I'm getting a game with the PS4
It's okay... Driveclub was delayed. Just watch movies on it until then.

BTW Guys (and girls), next gen is almost here... at 720P and <30fps. Whoops.

fucking pax seriously
ill get a 3 day in the morning if they still exits just because some of ausgaf will be there and i enjoyed playing boardgames with you guys
the fact that we've yet to come up with a place we can just have our own boardgames is the annoying thing as im pretty sure thats what a good chunk of us are going to pax for and spending 150 on drinks instead of entry to a place that has tables sounds like a much better idea
ill hate myself for doing it but ill hate myself more if i miss out on fun times like this years.

Shaneus

Don't you mean 16fps. Can MS fuck up anymore?
I really doubt they could. People were crying foul when Driveclub was only 30fps at 1080p at launch, when now the only thing that appears to be 60fps *let alone* 1080p is Forza.

Mark my words, the One will be Microsoft's WiiU. Low sales like the Dreamcast, but without the good games.

fucking pax seriously
ill get a 3 day in the morning if they still exits just because some of ausgaf will be there and i enjoyed playing boardgames with you guys
the fact that we've yet to come up with a place we can just have our own boardgames is the annoying thing as im pretty sure thats what a good chunk of us are going to pax for and spending 150 on drinks instead of entry to a place that has tables sounds like a much better idea
ill hate myself for doing it but ill hate myself more if i miss out on fun times like this years.
I'm kind of the same, but we have the benefit this year of having it in the CBD so most of us don't have to worry about shitty transport and there's actually stuff to do in the city (compared to Flemington where the only thing to do is stand in the rain and wait for trains).

Helps that it's only 5 mins walk from Southern Cross/Spencer St. Station. So fucking stoked about that!

FYI Interstaters: Geelong will likely be a great location for super-cheap (by comparison) accommodation for PAX, with a <1hr train trip practically straight there. If you can't get into a cheap Melbourne hotel, I'd highly recommend that over getting something in the Melbourne suburbs and having to fuck around with metropolitan transport.

Edit: Oh god, this is amazing as hell:
ieRnc4MATFSyN.gif

jambo

Mother fucker.

I got some cash for my bday yesterday to buy the James Bond blu-ray collection.

Ankh found it for $139 on Sanity so i ordered.

Then this morning I found out that the new Aussie version is a shitty plastic digipack, while everyone else in the world gets two hard cover books with high quality images and disc slots.

I found the good version for $10 less on Amazon so I'll just import it.

Couldn't find a cancel button on the Sanity web sote, so I sent them an email to cancel the order.

I just got an email confirming the item was shipped =S

Happy birthday!

Also try dropping it into a store for a refund.

Also order from Amazon!

It's only the most gorgeous platformer ever made!

Great fun in multiplayer, great music, more accessible than NSMB games or the like. It will almost literally charm the pants off you, and for $28 it's truly a no brainer.

Do it! It's adorable and the music is great. It's impossible to be unhappy after playing it! Plus you can play it with the boy.
Thanks for the advice! Picked it up and had a blast. So much better than the Mario sidescrollers.

My son can actually play this! He was using the tablet dude and just with gentle prompting, "Move this platform to the right for me. Tap that fireball thingy. TICKLE THAT BIG DUDE!" he kept up and played brilliantly! No deaths!

We only played the first level. Need to keep game sessions around 10-15, make it a treat, so he doesn't get effected too much by them.

So yeah, thanks for the advice everyone! Last night was a great experience to have with him. Totally worth the asking price already :)

Speaking of shit gameplay, I was looking to free up some space on my SSD RAID0 getup and decided to see if Battlefield 3 single-player was worth it.

Fuck off./QUOTE] It's terrible. Makes recent COD look like classic COD.

The Bad Company series had really fun SP. No idea why they can't get that crew to work on it again, oh wait. They probably all left. I know the main dude went to the Payday crew and did Payday 2.

Pub crawl it is!

BTW Guys (and girls), next gen is almost here... at 720P and <30fps. Whoops.
Runs at low 20's most of the time....

Even hits 10fps when an explosion hits.

I love the amount of zombies

But I don't love how it looks, not up to standard with all the other launch titles. Looks like an indie game.

Should I get Wind Waker HD or Wonderful 101?

Decisions, decisions.

101 will be $20 by Christmas, good ole Platinum games!
Wind Waker won't get below $50 for quite some time I expect. Nintendo game :(

senahorse

I was going to get those for my 780's but after reading Stren's writeup on Titan/780 blocks I went with the EK, the Aquacomputer scored the lowest of the bunch :(

Write up is here if you're interested: http://www.xtremerigs.net/2013/10/03/nvidia-gtx780titan-water-block-roundup/

I know it's for a different card but I wouldn't be surprised if performance is the same.

edit: I will say though, for everything else AQ is pretty much the leader in most things watercooling, my pumps, controller, pumptops, res, temp probes, flow meter etc are all aquacomputer :D

jambo

Happy birthday!

Also try dropping it into a store for a refund.

Also order from Amazon!

Store drop off might be a good idea, there's one not too far form our house that we could hit up on Thursday during late night shopping.

There is one odd thing I just noticed about the Sanity order though. The printable invoice has the code "Bond 50 (007 Boxset)*********BONUS KEYRING" on it, which on their website is the original book version, so I have no idea if they're just reusing the code or if it actually is the better one I'll be getting...

I used epxress shipping so I should find out tomorrow.

senahorse

Mother fucker.

I got some cash for my bday yesterday to buy the James Bond blu-ray collection.

Ankh found it for $139 on Sanity so i ordered.

Then this morning I found out that the new Aussie version is a shitty plastic digipack, while everyone else in the world gets two hard cover books with high quality images and disc slots.

I found the good version for $10 less on Amazon so I'll just import it.

Couldn't find a cancel button on the Sanity web sote, so I sent them an email to cancel the order.

I just got an email confirming the item was shipped =S

Happy Birthday.

The hardback edition is fantastic, it even has a spare slot at the end for Skyfall.

senahorse

Will do the same, it's one of the only BD's I care to own, man I wish there was an all you can eat streaming service, like netflix but with mostly everything.

jambo

I seem to always have this kind of luck with collectable DVD/Blu-ray things.

I remember when I bought the Alien Quadrilogy on DVD back in the day, it had some really nice packaging, but 3 of my discs were the wrong ones, so I think I had 2 copies of Alien and 2 copies of the Aliens bonus disc.

When I got it replaced, the new version was just 4 DVD cases in a box =\

My favourite item is probably my James Bond DVD Briefcase, although that will now become redundant thanks to the Blu set.

Top Bottom