• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Yug

3 day badges sold out in a week for last years show, but we have more of them this time round - keep in mind, if they sell out, you can always get one of each individual day if you REALLY want.

Honestly no idea how they'll sell, although as of right now, I can say it's going pretty quickly.

Yug

Is the price bump due to the new venue? I hope it does not affect the number of people here getting a pass.

It's actually not a massive bump - last year we initially did 'early bird prices' to encourage people to purchase their badges sooner. Turns out that's not really necessary with this show.

Honestly no idea how they'll sell, although as of right now, I can say it's going pretty quickly.
Do you plan to release them in batches or is it just a free-for-all? I assume you won't say how many are for sale, so is there a chance of seeing a 50% allocated, 75% allocated, 90% allocated etc indicator on the site?

Axiom

I'm bummed that the tickets are on sale early simply because Christmas is coming and I've budgeted for that.

So as of now I'm hoping that they somehow still exist in January.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I'm bummed that the tickets are on sale early simply because Christmas is coming and I've budgeted for that.

So as of now I'm hoping that they somehow still exist in January.

Yeah I would have bought some tickets instantly if they started selling them in January.. but November appears to be too soon.

Although I'm tempted right now and might cave in, since I do still have some money left :p

Yug

Do you plan to release them in batches or is it just a free-for-all? I assume you won't say how many are for sale, so is there a chance of seeing a 50% allocated, 75% allocated, 90% allocated etc indicator on the site?

Selling all at once, no batches, once they're gone they're gone for good.

And yup, I'll be making social media updates for each badge type once it's at 50% sold out and lower.

hands up whos getting a 3 day pass before they sell out.
i live here and will need to have another word with jerry so im considering it
edit: oh dont forget i need my anual dose of being called a jaded gamer
i should go just so i can find that guy and give him what for

Danoss

Happy birthday Omi for yesterday! Funny that my brother's birthday is today and mine is in 3 days.

Welcome back, Dead Man. Sorry to hear about you losing your job, hopefully you get something else soon.

Looks like I'll be skipping this PAX too. It's a little early to be selling passes given how much improvement is needed to make the next show worth the effort. Tabletop gaming is the only thing that interests me anyway and I don't have to travel to Melbourne and pay a premium to get my fix from games that are years old and I already own or don't care about.

I will entertain the idea of AusGAF tabletop gaming though. Meeting cool people I haven't had the chance to is the real appeal and playing great games just makes it all the better. Cheap flights and accommodation might be something I could finance, but not this early on.

On the tabletop gaming front, the more I learn about Warmachine/Hordes, the more I like it and think some people here might like it too. It's something that I think Clipper might enjoy that I also really groove on, which is not a combo that crops up often. It does involve dice, but you aren't completely at their mercy and the game is not luck dependent or random. You only need to look at the tournament winners and rankings to see the same names making appearances, which is a great indicator that player skill is a determining factor. I never thought wargames would interest me much, but this one is pretty damn cool.

Gazunta

Man I am so hyped for PAX next year without knowing a damn thing about it.

Couldn't give a rats arse who's exhibiting or what celebrity will be there to be honest. It's a weekend of hanging out with people I like and geeking out about games and just having a blast being surrounded by cool stuff.

THAT BEING SAID.

Yug.

Please say the retro gaming area will be back - that thing was incredible.

And it's not too late to start organising a comics area / artist's alley. :) Maybe people who like Penny Arcade like comics. Maybe they like gaming related comics. Just a thought :p

Yug

Looks like I'll be skipping this PAX too. It's a little early to be selling passes given how much improvement is needed to make the next show worth the effort. Tabletop gaming is the only thing that interests me anyway and I don't have to travel to Melbourne and pay a premium to get my fix from games that are years old and I already own or don't care about.

Just so you know, we've increased the size of the table top area by 50%, doubled the amount of tables for next years show, and we've already almost sold out of all tabletop exhibitor spaces within that area.

In short, the tabletop space rocked this year, everyone knows that, and everyone is keen to make it bigger and better next year.

But hey, don't take my word for it, it's my job to be excited about this show ;)

Yug

Please say the retro gaming area will be back - that thing was incredible.

And it's not too late to start organising a comics area / artist's alley. :) Maybe people who like Penny Arcade like comics. Maybe they like gaming related comics. Just a thought :p

Oh man, we have plans with that retro area ... I just had a meeting with the retro game site guys last night actually, all will be announced in good time, but expect that area to at least increase by 50%, and most likely have a whole bunch of other retro stuff added to it. I can't be any more specific at this point I'm afraid.

We still don't have any plans for an artists alley at this point.

Gazunta

All I needed to hear :)

*cue me spending three days hovering around the retro gaming area telling everyone how great Rainbow Islands is*

Oh man, we have plans with that retro area ... I just had a meeting with the retro game site guys last night actually, all will be announced in good time, but expect that area to at least increase by 50%, and most likely have a whole bunch of other retro stuff added to it. I can't be any more specific at this point I'm afraid.

We still don't have any plans for an artists alley at this point.

Yes!!!! Happy to hear that. MORE!!!!!

legend166

On mobile so struggling to find the bundle but the eBay seller was aus_firefly.

It looks incredibly fake, hahaha.

$(KGrHqVHJC0E7Bcvhtu6BO7Bnv7vM!~~60_12.JPG

Clipper

I've got my 3-day pass and booked a hotel across the road from my hotel for the last one, which puts me about a block and a bridge away from the Centre, which seems awesome, given it's only $134 a night (for 4 nights of stay).

I doubt it'll have enough room for board games, but I will be bringing a selection of stuff down to play at and/or away from PAX, depending on who has tickets and whatnot.

I will definitely be bringing my own copies of The Resistance (given how well it was received in the AusGAF plays) and The Resistance: Avalon down with me, along with a selection of other games for the group again. I'm excited already!

NewGame

Banned
PAX tickets!! Better jump on them quick before they sell out.

Gonna get 3 of 'em. Hopefully a couple of my mates will not kick and scream when I take them to Melbourne.

NOT SURE IF IM GOING TO GRAB RAYMAN LEGENDS

>_<

SOMEONE TALK ME INTO IT

NOT ENOUGH SHOOT BANG FOR MY BRAIN TO ENJOY

<_>

Play Asia weeklys

Metal Gear Rising on 360/PS3 for $28 posted
Deadpool on 360/PS3 for $27 posted

Super tempted to grab Deadpool.

It looks incredibly fake, hahaha.

$(KGrHqVHJC0E7Bcvhtu6BO7Bnv7vM!~~60_12.JPG

Ha, these are the ones I got. 2 sets, $37 posted. Insanely cheap. No issues with them so far! At that price I don't mind if one breaks in a year or so.

2X_Remote-Nunchuck-Controller_Black_Zff.jpg

Tons of cool, cheap controllers on there!

Omikron

PAX Australia 2014 News:

- YOU CAN BUY TICKETS NOW!

That is about it. I guess.

Look, far from me to be a kill joy, that ain't enough of a reason to throw away hard earned etc, even if most of the 'regular' things will be there. It requires a lot of faith from the attendee that they will get something they are interested in a year out from the date of the actual show.

But. Just my horrible aged cynical opinion etc.

PAX Australia 2014 News:

- YOU CAN BUY TICKETS NOW!

That is about it. I guess.

Look, far from me to be a kill joy, that ain't enough of a reason to throw away hard earned etc, even if most of the 'regular' things will be there. It requires a lot of faith from the attendee that they will get something they are interested in a year out from the date of the actual show.

But. Just my horrible aged cynical opinion etc.

Videogamesmen love to throw money at the promise of things unseen. See also: season passes

Top Bottom