• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Knack gives me a warm and cuddly feeling in my tummy. Reminds me of the brawlers on the PS1/2 like the first Ratchet & Clank game. Or even the Crash/Spyro games, mainly the structure of the game.

jambo

SCHNITZEL

OR

SCHNITZ

NOTHING ELSE >_<

I don't understand

a) the hatred of schnitty

and

b) the usage of schnitz

Almost all Ausse slang ends in -o or -y

Bottle-o, arvo, yobo, rego, vego, doco, metho, kero, fisho, ambo, bizzo, journo, Freo, smoko

Footy, dunny, barby, bodgy, esky, tinny, trackies, uggies, schnitty

Where the hell does schnitz fit in?!

Esky is a brand name.

Also Schnitz sounds classy and distinct, an appropriate shortening of the full name of the food.

Schnitty makes you sound like a child. And Schnitzels aren't a kids meal, they are a fucking grown ups slab of pounded awesome that you consume with a glass of fine scotch in a room made of mahogany walls surrounded by leather bound books.

jambo

Esky is a brand name.

Also Schnitz sounds classy and distinct, an appropriate shortening of the full name of the food.

Schnitty makes you sound like a child. And Schnitzels aren't a kids meal, they are a fucking grown ups slab of pounded awesome that you consume with a glass of fine scotch in a room made of mahogany walls surrounded by leather bound books.

Schnitz sounds classy? Hah, that's a good one.

And you eat a schnitty in a pub with a pint or scotch, not in some toff fucking gentlemen's club.

I'll just continue saying schnitzel, thanks. I don't need to worry about saving that extra syllable, and since I'm expending the effort to use two syllables, I may as well say the proper word.

Long as it comes with a side of parsley potatoes, I don't really care!

And you eat a schnitty in a pub with a pint or scotch, not in some toff fucking gentlemen's club.
-1, +1

Scotch is classy...

Also, I imagine that you can get a schnitzel in a Gentleman's Club, but it would be a classier version. Like, an Albatross schnitzel. Or Bald Eagle. Mmmmmmmmm, protected.

Gazunta

They still have a killer deal on Dreadball, which I haven't seen better elsewhere, and it is a great hybrid miniatures/board game. It's like a tabletop version of Speedball, for those that remember that great game; I played the shit out of Speedball 2 on Amiga.

HNNNNGH
HNNNNNNNNNGH

SPEEDBALL 2: BRUTAL DELUXE IS THE GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT OF ALL MANKIND

If this is available to play at PAX 2014 I'll give it a red hot go :)

Edit: Next gen launch blandness is caused by there being no launch Ridge Racer. Good lord have Namco screwed the pooch with that franchise over the last 4 years.

Edit 2: Hands up anyone who doesn't want to punch everyone in those new Subway ads. STOP SMILING YOU FUCKING ASSCLOWNS JUST EATING YOUR GOD DAMN SANDWICH

jambo

Jeff Green is heading back to journo/blogging work

=D

I'll just continue saying schnitzel, thanks. I don't need to worry about saving that extra syllable, and since I'm expending the effort to use two syllables, I may as well say the proper word.

I just wanna say that I use both schnitzel and schnitty.

Jeff Green is heading back to journo/blogging work

=D

Just need Elliot back now! They can join the Idle group!

This is one of those odd times I actually agree with the cry of "HE SHOULD WORK FOR GIANT BOMBBBBBBBBBBBB". Jeff meshes well with those guys.

Would be enough to make me listen to them, rather than just following Gerstmann.

These console launches are underwhelming as hell. What ever happened to the days of good launch games?

PS3 and 360 launches were terrible.

DS FIRST FEW MONTHS WERE PAINFUL AS FUCK TOO >_<

PS4 has enough there to keep me happy, if I was buying one. X1 has Dead Rising 3 but nothing else of interest to me sadly.

Both will have amazing games within 6 months.

I want to wait 12 months for PS4 but Infamous out in February will test my resolve I bet!

hamchan

Jeff Green should join Giant Bomb. Every time he's appeared on the Bombcast it's been gold.

Yeah there hasn't really been a good console launch since like the Dreamcast.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I don't understand

a) the hatred of schnitty

and

b) the usage of schnitz

Almost all Ausse slang ends in -o or -y

Bottle-o, arvo, yobo, rego, vego, doco, metho, kero, fisho, ambo, bizzo, journo, Freo, smoko

Footy, dunny, barby, bodgy, esky, tinny, trackies, uggies, schnitty

Where the hell does schnitz fit in?!

i didnt even know not calling it a schnitty was a thing until shaneus post yesterday..

Yeah Sony really front loaded that one. Which is why it had a drought for ages, until recently. Sony have said they are avoiding that with the PS4 by staggering them out over the first 12 months.

i didnt even know not calling it a schnitty was a thing until shaneus post yesterday..

No way, every time you call them that you get called out on here.

Remember that time you had a blog about Schnitzels in Melbourne, and how terrible they are?

Now I want a schnitty schnitzel.

731646e6ed4511e2910822000aeb0d9b_6.jpg

jambo

We found a great place in town that does them for $5 + $2 for sides and sauce. Good for people who don't always want chips or salad.

They often have Squire and Coopers on special as well, so we go every Tuesday night.

HolyCheck

Yeah Sony really front loaded that one. Which is why it had a drought for ages, until recently. Sony have said they are avoiding that with the PS4 by staggering them out over the first 12 months.

No way, every time you call them that you get called out on here.

Remember that time you had a blog about Schnitzels in Melbourne, and how terrible they are?

No, I get called out on parmie, but not schnitty

Stackboy

Entering EU PS Plus:
29th November: RESOGUN
29th November: Contrast
27th November: Grid 2
27th November: Guacamelee! (Cross Buy)
27th November: Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed VITA
27th November: Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories VITA

Sweet, some good titles on every platform.

Jeff Green should join Giant Bomb. Every time he's appeared on the Bombcast it's been gold.

I love Jeff Green, his writing and his perspective on most thing, however I don't think he will go to GB. He would most likely want to be the head staffer of sorts considering his experience and I doubt there is any wriggle room for him to move into that role at GB.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
We found a great place in town that does them for $5 + $2 for sides and sauce. Good for people who don't always want chips or salad.

They often have Squire and Coopers on special as well, so we go every Tuesday night.
Who the hell doesn't want chips with their schnitzel? That sounds like sacrilege.

No, I get called out on parmie, but not schnitty

Wait what?

There was a ton of posts calling you and Jambo out over a long period of time! I'll only quote these ones though as I'm now insanely hungry!

Also here is where you pimped your Schintzel blog that saw your do one fucking review before giving up and using it exclusively to post screenshots from Animal Crossing 5!
Get back to work and review some more Schnitzels damnit!

HolyCheck

Wait what?

There was a ton of posts calling you and Jambo out over a long period of time! I'll only quote these ones though as I'm now insanely hungry!

Also here is where you pimped your Schintzel blog that saw your do one fucking review before giving up and using it exclusively to post screenshots from Animal Crossing 5!
Get back to work and review some more Schnitzels damnit!

I only process worthwhile and correct information.

Dryk

Dammit AusGAF, I'm having schnitzel for dinner tonight but going to City Cross for lunch. Stop tempting me to eat it two meals in a row.

HolyCheck

I took that photo in Salzberg. I would hazard a guess that Austria knows how to make an authentic schnitzel.

i'm sure they do!

the schnitzel i have no doubt is a proper schnitzel (flattened meat)

good luck finding that in melb for under $20 (and not schnitz, that place is shit frozen from a packet)

gah

i havent eaten today im cramnky

Top Bottom