• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

good luck finding that in melb for under $20 (and not schnitz, that place is shit frozen from a packet)
Well, Melbourne doesn't have much of a German heritage. Instead we have bastardised parmas because of our Italian heritage.

Make em yourself if you can't find good ones!

Rezbit

When I had REAL WIENER SCHNITZEL in Austria it came with rice of all things. It was a token effort really, a small pile on the side while the schnitzel took up the whole plate. I never ate the rice.

Also, PS4s breaking already? Dang dude.

Mr. Tone

All this talk is making me hungry. Sounds like the RadGaf Bräu und Schnitzel night will be quite the event!

Have any of you folk seen any movement on your Amazon PS4 orders? Mine's still showing as "Not yet Shipped".

There's 50000 people in gaming right now. What's happened? Ps4 stuff?

Yeah embargo is up so there are 5000 different people streaming stuff at the moment.

Plus general hysteria of launch :)

Funny being an adult for a second generation launch.

I HAD TO DEAL WITH ALL THIS BULLSHIT 7 YEARS AGO KIDS!

HAVE FUN BEING BETA TESTERS AGAIN!

BWAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Schnitzels tend to be a bit too big-dry-hunk-of-meat for me :| parmas I do like, or schnitzel burgers, but on it's own I dunno. Pretty expensive too, for what it usually is.

Deeku

i don't think i've eaten like a plain schnitzel with gravy n chips since forever. like, i reckon not since a kid when my parents would take us to the rsl for dinner every other week.

ive had many a schnitzel roll/sandwich though!

jambo

Schnitzel =/= Parma?

Mind blown.

Parmy:

XkwWkdBl.jpg

Schnitty:

UxFR5HE.jpg

Fredescu

A parma is just a chicken schnitzel with particular stuff on top. It's not just cheese, it's a tomato based sauce (or sometimes fresh tomato), ham (sometimes bacon) and cheese.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So the only difference is cheese on parma vs gravy on schnitzel?

Essentially both are fried chunks of chicken? I'll take grilled over fried anyday.

Think of it like this.

a truck is always an automobile.
an automobile is not always a truck.

a parmy is always a schnitzel
a schnitzel is not always a parmy.

its strange in melbourne that you can at most places only order a parmiagana.

in SA you order a schnitzel, then order your topping (parmigiana, gravy, mushroom gravy, hawaiin, mexican etc)

Schnitzel are flattened (usually veal, pork or chicken) with a mallet, shallow fried in butter. No toppings. Jagerschnitzel is the same but with mushroom bacon gravy. There's a ton of toppings.

Parmigiana are almost always chicken (though traditionally eggplant), breaded and usually fried in oil, sometimes flattened if they're cheap, usually topped with marinara sauce, ham and cheese.

A parma is just a chicken schnitzel with particular stuff on top. It's not just cheese, it's a tomato based sauce (or sometimes fresh tomato), ham (sometimes bacon) and cheese.

Yeah I've had parmas and schnitzels before. Schnitzel to me is a piece of fried chicken while parma is a meal of the schnitzel with topping and side of salad or chips.

Never had a schnitzel with gravy though.

senahorse

I will be glad when the launch is done with in say a months time, all this hysteria makes me think I should get in on the action, then I remember there are no good games that I want and feel better but I still feel like I am missing out. I guess it's just nostalgia, I have bought (with my own money) launch consoles since the SNES so it feels weird not to be buying one/both this time around.

senahorse

What are these 'devices' they talk about restricting the sale of? Unblock-Us is a DNS service hosted offshore, TunnelBear is a VPN service also hosted (the VPN endpoints) offshore. Unless 'devices' mean access to such services?

lexi

Banned
What are these 'devices' they talk about restricting the sale of? Unblock-Us is a DNS service hosted offshore, TunnelBear is a VPN service also hosted (the VPN endpoints) offshore. Unless 'devices' mean access to such services?

They have no fucking idea, basically.

Fredescu

Pretty sure they're referring to grey importing hardware. Kogan and the like.

Danoss

All this schnitzel talk is making me hungry for one.

For a quick and easy meal at home, I have a chicken schnitzel (my butcher does a great job with these, it's not even worth whipping up my own) and just cook that up in the pan. I get some Leggo's Parmigiana simmer sauce and heat that up in the microwave. When the schnitzel is done cooking, pour some of the sauce over the top, sprinkle on some shredded cheese of place some cheese slices on top. Throw it under the griller or just have it as is and let the heat of the food melt the cheese, it's up to you.

I cook some veges to have on the side while the schnitzel is cooking and it's always great.

If you want something different, I just slice up a few mushrooms and cook them in butter in a small pot. Once they're good, I'll pour in some chicken stock or vegetable stock and let that simmer down while the rest of the meal is cooking. Shortly before serving, I'll add some sour cream to the mushrooms and whats left of the stock to make a nice creamy sauce. If it's not thick enough, to preserve some flavour, instead of adding more cream and losing the lovely mushroom taste, mix in a little leftover stock with some corn flour and add it in until the desired thickness is reached. Lovely poured over the top of a schnitzel.

I watched season 1 in two nights this past weekend on your and everyone else's recommendation. Not a show I would normally watch but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for the heads up about the different date, it will make me stop checking YouTube constantly for season 2.

That's some serious dedication! They're not short episodes by any stretch, but when the show grabs you, it grabs you hard and doesn't want to let go until the end.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and I always enjoy hearing more people have watched the show and really dug it. Never gets old.

No shit, you can crash at mine if you like. I'm not sure if Rep would want to bring his wife to my place (unless she REALLY likes pinball/awkwardness) but you'd be more than welcome to stay at my joint. There's a single leg of a train ride there, then maybe 10 minutes walk from the station (at the most) to get to the expo.

That's a very generous offer, one that I'm quite likely to take you up on. I wouldn't want to step on Rep's toes, because he's a great person and managing family time and such can be challenging enough. If that's all good and we can organise dates and stuff, it would be wonderful. Thank you!

HNNNNGH
HNNNNNNNNNGH

SPEEDBALL 2: BRUTAL DELUXE IS THE GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT OF ALL MANKIND

If this is available to play at PAX 2014 I'll give it a red hot go :)

So good! I'd totally give it a go too, be terrible at it, and not even care.

Deathrow on Xbox was a cool modernisation of it, but it just didn't have the same appeal that Speedball 2 did.

GawaoOe.jpg

For a tabletop version, Dreadball looks pretty great. It has the feeling of risk reward and you can go for the score or the beatings and there are teams with various specialties spread across the spectrum between the two. Referees, coaches and cheerleaders can also get involved one way or another.

I pulled the miniatures out of the box when I got it home and gasped. I was used to 28mm heroic scale miniatures. 'Heroic' in this sense essentially means they have exaggerated features and are easier to paint because of this. Dreadball miniatures are 25mm with normal proportions. I'll definitely need some practice painting before I attempt trying to paint these things, they deserve to look good.

What's the deal with that PS4 thread? Some guy bricked his console by powering it off while it was updating? It really bricked spontaneously and the Sony Defence Force is discrediting him? I love generational launches.

senahorse

What's the deal with that PS4 thread? Some guy bricked his console by powering it off while it was updating? It really bricked spontaneously and the Sony Defence Force is discrediting him? I love generational launches.

Oh come on, it can't be a problem with based Sony, it only does everything. If it was that evil Microsoft on the other hand things would be different mark my words.

Axiom

I pop by Big W to upgrade my launch day PS4 pre-order to include Killzone for $50 off and they tell me that by doing so I'll lose my launch day pre-order and will have to wait for Christmas.

This despite the fact it's not the bundle that includes Killzone, camera and controller, just then giving you a cheaper Killzone with the standard box.

Between this bullshit, Dead Rising 3 and that Mario/Luigi/Rayman bundle at EB I'm tempted to say fuck it until next year.

Quasar

No idea. I must admit I dont get the need. You get faulty units as part of mass production. No biggie. Except if it happens to you and you have to deal with a return etc.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
What is this Genius business you guys keep talking about? Can somebody link me?

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkBN5WBj81AHZBWvnsk20WmdjJydcu_P9

korean show kind of like survivor meets the mole, but more brainy intensive puzzles. and with celebrities.

but unlike here or the US they use decent celebrities. one of them is Yellow, a former starcraft brood war pro! and one of the most famous!

what time are we meeting up tomorrow?

5-6! i'll be wearing my dalek tshirt if its washed.. otherwise my schrodingers cat tshirt!

hamchan

Some guy (not the OP of that thread) also got that update brick thing and then started streaming on twitch. He turned out to be a bit eccentric (crazy) and was doing dumb stuff like pulling out the HDD without turning off the PS4.

So, pay a lot of money for a lot of food, try to consume it so fast it removes all enjoyment and they'll give you a free desert that you also need to try and eat (good luck) as well as a shirt that will not longer fit you.

Okay?

a truck is always an automobile.
WHO SAYS AUTOMOBILE

HONESTLY

IS THIS NINETEEN FIFTY SIX????

sauce is there to cover up a badly cooked piece of meat.
your standards are low
Sauce is the cherry on top of the delicious icecream!

That's a very generous offer, one that I'm quite likely to take you up on. I wouldn't want to step on Rep's toes, because he's a great person and managing family time and such can be challenging enough. If that's all good and we can organise dates and stuff, it would be wonderful. Thank you!
All good, the wife and I will be staying at a hotel in Melbourne once I find one!

One GAF guy bricked his PS4 but got it working again (I think).

Then others came across a Taco Bell winner who turned his power off while downloading to the HDD. He ended up fixing it but then tried to do a download again and fucked it, once again lol

Then ensued a LOT of messing around, taking shit apart and generally looking like a fool while he is trolled by five thousand people watching him stream the ordeal. For 10 hours.

tl;dr - don't unplug the power while downloading, also expect the PSN to be dodgy before the console is even released lol

Yosp has been streaming awesome though!

Knack looks like a must have for me. First few levels look smile inducing and reminds me a hell of a lot of Crash 2.

what.. how?

Shia-labeouf-magic.gif

Yeah, I don't know.

So, pay a lot of money for a lot of food, try to consume it so fast it removes all enjoyment and they'll give you a free desert that you also need to try and eat (good luck) as well as a shirt that will not longer fit you.

Okay?

You wouldn't get it. It's for those of us who haven't achieved anything in life, it's one thing we can tell people we've done. We get to be 'that guy who ate a shitload of schintzel' because there's nothing else we can be. I didn't realise you were such a fan of oppressing the lower class. We suffer so much already, why do you have to push us down any further?

So the federal government is wanting to take a harder line on geolocking and copyright infringement.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/11/th...cking-that-could-drive-up-video-games-prices/

Rather bloody concerning...especially after the IT Pricing Report suggesting educating Australians on how to get around geolocks as a way to reduce prices for Australians.

Not that it is practical to ban devices that enable users to get around geolocks.

They really have no clue do they.

A restaurant round here has this:

The record is 12 minutes :eek:

I'll get round to doing it one day.

Seems kind of pointless if you only get it free if you beat the record.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I'll probably be wearing something skanky because I'm going out after, there's a big eagle on my chest, you can't miss me.

6 is happy hour!

Ooh skanky!

Depending on the temp tomorrow I'll either be in a dress, skirt or shorts. Unlikely to be getting my skank on though

Top Bottom