• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Home_taping_is_killing_music.png

You wouldn't get it. It's for those of us who haven't achieved anything in life, it's one thing we can tell people we've done. We get to be 'that guy who ate a shitload of schintzel' because there's nothing else we can be. I didn't realise you were such a fan of oppressing the lower class. We suffer so much already, why do you have to push us down any further?
Oh yeah, buddy? I wouldn't get it? Because I've done something with my life? Ha! You think you know me? Do you?

I've done absolutely nothing with my life and I still don't get it!! Stop oppressing me with your assumptions of my success at life!! You hear me? DO YOU?!? I'VE DONE FUCK ALL! AND I'm currently going backward! Yeah, you heard me.

Get outta here with that "you've achieved so much", man, I can't take it.

Now I'm sad.

Happy? Now you've done something with your life; you've given my heart an owie and I can't fix it because the bandaid can't get in my chest, regardless of how hard I press.

That is way too adorable H pro.
So the federal government is wanting to take a harder line on geolocking and copyright infringement.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/11/th...cking-that-could-drive-up-video-games-prices/

Rather bloody concerning...especially after the IT Pricing Report suggesting educating Australians on how to get around geolocks as a way to reduce prices for Australians.

Not that it is practical to ban devices that enable users to get around geolocks.

Ugh. Tough shit if the product isn't even available in the Australian region eh.
What happened to that inquiry over price discrepancies?

That's what the sauce is for.

Woah, never tried it with sauce. That would certainly improve things.

Which download manager should I download people

That was sufficiently weird, still Death Grips.
The album art is so banal in comparison to NO LOVE DEEP WEB

Oh yeah, buddy? I wouldn't get it? Because I've done something with my life? Ha! You think you know me? Do you?

I've done absolutely nothing with my life and I still don't get it!! Stop oppressing me with your assumptions of my success at life!! You hear me? DO YOU?!? I'VE DONE FUCK ALL! AND I'm currently going backward! Yeah, you heard me.

Get outta here with that "you've achieved so much", man, I can't take it.

Now I'm sad.

Happy? Now you've done something with your life; you've given my heart an owie and I can't fix it because the bandaid can't get in my chest, regardless of how hard I press.

I see you can use both italic type and boldface! Good for you!

Of course I'm happy. Ecstatic even.

So I'm going to Surfers tomorrow with the missus for our 7th anniversary. Never been so I'm really excited! If we weren't literally fully booked I'd float a meetup your way QLDGAF

Yeah. And more of a concern is efforts to reduce access to generic medicines.

And it gets worse.

Which download manager should I download people.

Downthemall.

So I'm going to Surfers tomorrow with the missus for our 7th anniversary. Never been so I'm really excited! If we weren't literally fully booked I'd float a meetup your way QLDGAF

Not to rain on your parade (though storms are predicted all weekend), you do realise there are bikies!!!

Not to rain on your parade (though storms are predicted all weekend), you do realise there are bikies!!!

OHNOES. It's all "chance of storms" so we're not too worried at the moment, though we've packed ponchos and will buy an umbrella if needed. There's plenty of bikies down my way (in fact, there's a hq on the way to fairfield nmit!)

Dryk

Ugh. Tough shit if the product isn't even available in the Australian region eh.
What happened to that inquiry over price discrepancies?
I'm pretty sure the election happened.

I'm still at a loss as to how rewriting our laws to favour foreign corporate interests benefits us in any way

r1chard

I've been painting and sticking together cut up liquorice allsorts with chocolate to make a Minecraft horse because my daughter said she wanted a Minecraft horse cake for her Birthday this Sunday and I might be just a little bit mad.

I also made a cast for the something like 130 green and brown chocolate squares for the sides and top of the cake you're not supposed to be able to tell if you're mad someone please tell me I'm mad.

lexi

Banned
I just coded my first iPhone app!

Granted it's the most basic app of all time, but considering I started learning Objective C this week, I'm quite chuffed with myself.

I've been painting and sticking together cut up liquorice allsorts with chocolate to make a Minecraft horse because my daughter said she wanted a Minecraft horse cake for her Birthday this Sunday and I might be just a little bit mad.

I also made a cast for the something like 130 green and brown chocolate squares for the sides and top of the cake you're not supposed to be able to tell if you're mad someone please tell me I'm mad.
Not crazy! Just crazy awesome!

I think I used to use this! Don't use Firefox anymore though.
I use JDownloader, or at least did in the past.

Mar

No shit, you can crash at mine if you like. I'm not sure if Rep would want to bring his wife to my place (unless she REALLY likes pinball/awkwardness) but you'd be more than welcome to stay at my joint. There's a single leg of a train ride there, then maybe 10 minutes walk from the station (at the most) to get to the expo.

How are you finding High Speed? I'm very close to buying a machine, but haven't really decided which one yet. I'd really like a Scared Stiff the most, but it's a pretty expensive one.

jambo

Can someone coming to RadGAF tomorrow bring GMod folder on a USB? =P

Just the whole folder from steamapps/common after you've updated it to SteamPipe.

My version is fucked.

Shaneus

How are you finding High Speed? I'm very close to buying a machine, but haven't really decided which one yet. I'd really like a Scared Stiff the most, but it's a pretty expensive one.
Still loving the absolute shit out of it. I think it having a fairly shallow ruleset works in it's favour... you're driven to aim for score rather than spend ages completing modes in a deeper game and thinking "oh, that's it?" or something and going back to the beginning. That might only apply to newer Stern games though, I reckon most 90s DMD titles would be fine in that regard.

For some reason, the other day I thought about Scared Stiff and figured (without looking at various rankings/ratings) it would be pretty cheap. Bit wrong on that one! But I know Getaway is generally not too expensive to pick up (I don't think), and I know you love it ;)

Otherwise, System 11 games (and others around that time period) seem to be the biggest bargains at the moment. Good replayability but for some reason are still (relatively) significantly cheaper than machines from eras either side of it. Still can't find a damn Taxi though :(

Oh, High Speed is perfect for skills polishing, too. Rewards reflexes flow play, which is great because while you can adapt flow play to a stop-start game, you can't take stop-start/careful play and adapt it to a flow game. Honestly, if I was in your shoes I'd almost be looking out for a HS. It's like Getaway but cheaper, and if you don't like it you're practically guaranteed to not lose a cent on it.

Damn, Sony going for that casual market with the built in mini-games. ICE-T YO.

Fallon was in his element for once lol
What the fuck? Ice-T has always been a SUPER big shill for Gears of War/Xbox 360. Big turn for him to go PS4. Really big.
Edit: Holy fucking shit, I have to buy an Eyetoy. No shit, how come Kinect never did that?

What the fuck? Ice-T has always been a SUPER big shill for Gears of War/Xbox 360. Big turn for him to go PS4. Really big.
Edit: Holy fucking shit, I have to buy an Eyetoy. No shit, how come Kinect never did that?

Yeah Ice-T was genuinely a shock. He was having a ball with the Playroom stuff too lol. If he wasn't there it wouldn't have demoed anywhere near as well. Fallon really needs a good foil to work with.

Sony are selling the Camera really really well. Like, insanely well considering they have given it minimal focus until now. The Livestream stuff having Yosp react to stuff, like getting killed in Knack, was fun too.

Gazunta

I just coded my first iPhone app!

Granted it's the most basic app of all time, but considering I started learning Objective C this week, I'm quite chuffed with myself.
Awesome! Well done you're already a step ahead of me :)

Meanwhile I have spent an entire night staring at the "submit" button on Kickstarter and finding a million last minute things to fix. Agh. It's done now. Good lord. Just let me draw comics again, world!

And holy shit at that Fallon video. Sony are just absolutely killing it.

Deeku

I was thinking this too, I've only ever seen icet pimpin gears, cod, and talkin bout his gamer tag lol. Sony got dis!

Damn Ozgameshop you used to be cool, got my Xcom Enemy Within steam key, only problem is it's for the Bureau...
Sent them an email, no reply yet.

EDIT:Just got a reply, the Bureau picture is just an ad. Crisis averted.

Mondy

Banned
So uhhh yeah, the first week of the new Parliament has been an entertaining affair. The Coalition can't complain about Labor dishing them up a bit of their own medicine.

Awesome! Well done you're already a step ahead of me :)

Meanwhile I have spent an entire night staring at the "submit" button on Kickstarter and finding a million last minute things to fix. Agh. It's done now. Good lord. Just let me draw comics again, world!

And holy shit at that Fallon video. Sony are just absolutely killing it.

Where's the link, Gaz?

Should be an interesting weekend. I already have the update on a USB ready to go, PS4 Black Flag arrived yesterday. I ended up with no first party games since I expect them to be on PS+ fairly soon.
and they seem rather shash

So uhhh yeah, the first week of the new Parliament has been an entertaining affair. The Coalition can't complain about Labor dishing them up a bit of their own medicine.
Has been depressing :(

Liberals will still get their bullshit through despite the rabble :(

Should be an interesting weekend. I already have the update on a USB ready to go, PS4 Black Flag arrived yesterday. I ended up with no first party games since I expect them to be on PS+ fairly soon.
and they seem rather shash

ENJOY STINKING AMERICA

Also enjoy Black Flag. It's really great. Still going strong around the 100 hour mark!
Just did a mission where I had to help a drunk assassin get home. Useless prick was too busy trying to burp the ABC's to notice I was killing arseholes that wanted to dice him up!

Also yeah, Knack will be free in Jan/Feb I bet.

Killzone looks godtier. Step above everything else graphically and they have changed up the gameplay a TON. Reminds me of the first Crysis, as well as Arkham City with the rope thing (which is so awesome).

Fusebox

Banned
Any Ausgafers order a ps4 or xbox on Amazon. I only ask because i'm having issues with my order.

Mine just shipped:

Your estimated delivery date is:
Tuesday, November 19, 2013

C'moooon tuesday!

I think I'll grab Resogun, Killzone and NFS first. Marvel Lego was top of my list until I found out it had no inverted camera option.

Top Bottom