• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Fredescu

I get a variety of them, but that one hasn't found its way to me yet. I usually know it's about to happen when the other end is silent after answering the phone and it doesn't hang up right after. There's a little line noise and a few clicks, then I know I'm being connected to India.

Their auto diallers seem to be voice activated, so if you say hello, it transfers you to whoever is free. If you're silent it just hangs up. So these days if it's a number I don't recognise I pick up but don't say anything. If the other end is like "Hello? Hello?" I talk. Sometimes the connection drops off the first part of what you say anyway, so I don't think it seems too weird to a real person. Just sounds like a brief connection fault.

I've had the accident scam too. In fact, my whole office had it. They had our range on their autodialler and over the course of about half an hour everyone's phone was ringing, some on multiple lines.

I'm pretty sure this sports investment one is based out of Australia though. The guy was 100% Australian, no international delay on the line, etc. I even have their BSB and ACC at ANZ bank.

senahorse

I have been getting called daily by (02) 8006 1367 and 8006 5075 on my mobile. When I answer it just hangs up after a couple of seconds. So I called back this morning (this has been going on for a month now) and I get a voice message saying "you have this number because you have been called by a not for profit organization, these places are exempt from the do not call register, if you require further information please leave your name and number"

Now what?

edit: updated Lumia and now I can block the numbers yay

fTYZpqb.jpg

Thought finding a cat in the trap would be a nice gift, but alas the food was gone and it wasn't set off. Sneaky buggers.
I quoted you but didn't say happy birthday because I'm stupidly tired!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I am so uninterested in last gens launch, the game designs are the same boring shit from this gen, they are just a bit shinier. In 12 months I reckon I might be ready to go for a PS3.
Yeah US is awesome for Mustang stuff.

Also fix that for you :)

So i just got butt raped by amazon. They cancelled my order because they wouldn't ship to australia. Even though I asked them, before i even placed in the order, and they assured me it would ship to my address.
Seems odd since all the other Australians who ordered are fine.

Death even changed his payment details.

Did you call them or just email them? You should call them.

I have been getting called daily by (02) 8006 1367 and 8006 5075 on my mobile. When I answer it just hangs up after a couple of seconds. So I called back this morning (this has been going on for a month now) and I get a voice message saying "you have this number because you have been called by a not for profit organization, these places are exempt from the do not call register, if you require further information please leave your name and number"

Now what?

Danger5bulletthroughtelephone.gif

Bikola

What? When did you place the order?

I placed it on the October 22nd.

I told them that other People are shipping to Australia and their order is already in the shipping stage. I did chat. Whats their phone number?

I'm pissed, royally pissed.

Danoss

Their auto diallers seem to be voice activated, so if you say hello, it transfers you to whoever is free. If you're silent it just hangs up. So these days if it's a number I don't recognise I pick up but don't say anything. If the other end is like "Hello? Hello?" I talk. Sometimes the connection drops off the first part of what you say anyway, so I don't think it seems too weird to a real person. Just sounds like a brief connection fault.

I've had the accident scam too. In fact, my whole office had it. They had our range on their autodialler and over the course of about half an hour everyone's phone was ringing, some on multiple lines.

I'm pretty sure this sports investment one is based out of Australia though. The guy was 100% Australian, no international delay on the line, etc. I even have their BSB and ACC at ANZ bank.

Good to know. I had said "Hello" when the calls had disconnected, but that could be attributed to initial words being truncated or not transmitted as you said. I've experienced that many times as I'm sure most people have.

Seeing the autodialler in action is comical, though it was probably less so in reality.

I wonder how much whatever appropriate organisation would care about chasing up the betting software scam. Having account numbers would be very useful in the right hands.

Was about to suggest a blacklist app or similar option.

Having a PBX on my VoIP line is great as that can filter calls as well. I've tried to hook up the POTS line, but the voltage fluctuates a bit too much for the devices I have to handle it. A shame as I have 2 VoIP numbers and neither have been hit by these people, they all come in via the traditional line. I might try something a bit different later, but I can't mess around too much as VitalCall sits on the line and having that function correctly is a priority.

Am not fine. Mine hasn't shipped yet. Their system is screwed up, not releasing my order.

4 days man, 4 days I've been trying to resolve it. Have a ticket out and waiting for them to get back to me. Spent 3 hours on the phone since yesterday, and I called them!

Love you.

PS. Did you mean to write something after you quoted me about the Eyetoy thing?
Oh yeah it was that the PS4 comes with 1 controller.

There is a bundle some places for PS4, 2 controllers & Camera though.

Says $50, might wait to see Big W prices first. Wish I had a local store
You use the code at checkout to take 15% off. Not sure if it still works though!

Am not fine. Mine hasn't shipped yet. Their system is screwed up, not releasing my order.

4 days man, 4 days I've been trying to resolve it. Have a ticket out and waiting for them to get back to me. Spent 3 hours on the phone since yesterday, and I called them!

Wait really? I thought they said it was all cool to send to us! Even people in Japan are getting shipping confirmation emails at this point :/

Fredescu

I wonder how much whatever appropriate organisation would care about chasing up the betting software scam. Having account numbers would be very useful in the right hands.

Yeah, I wondered that too. My submission to Scamwatch was not anonymous and I made it clear that I had more details if they wanted to contact me for them. They don't have an email address to send this stuff to, which is understandable since it would be mostly trojans. Wonder if I should report it elsewhere too.

Nothing they've given me in paper is illegal. All of his wild claims about success rates were over the phone, which while technically illegal, would not be enough for a conviction.

I placed it on the October 22nd.

I told them that other People are shipping to Australia and their order is already in the shipping stage. I did chat. Whats their phone number?

I'm pissed, royally pissed.

I doubt you will be able to get it sorted out since you ordered during the time they were no longer accepting overseas orders.

+12062662992 call them, don't use chat or toll free number , those are useless.

Wait really? I thought they said it was all cool to send to us! Even people in Japan are getting shipping confirmation emails at this point :/

It is fine for all orders placed in june-july. Mine was 10th june literally 2mins after amazon had it up for sale.

My issue is the credit card that I used was compromised 4 days ago, so bank canceled it. I added my other card, funded 500 bucks via gift card but it wouldn't take the payment.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=89646725&postcount=5893

They did. I did everything only after consulting customer care.

I've got a ticket out atm, expecting a call back in 2 hours. Last night's rep was supposed to call early this morning, but never did.

Dryk

Hey guys I've been wondering. Who had to do what to/with/for who to get AusGAF pinned in Gaming Community of all places?

Hey guys I've been wondering. Who had to do what to/with/for who to get AusGAF pinned in Gaming Community of all places?

Lots of bitching and complaining at mods when it got moved out of the Gaming thread, so we got thrown a bone and pinned.

It's tradition now, so don't unpin us mods!

This is where my GAF Gold dollars go to!

Fredescu

We used to be a megathread in gaming. Prior to that it used to be that Aussie news would get posted as new threads around our prime time, and a handful of regulars would post, and discussions would inevitably turn to beer. So, after asking permission from the mods, we created an all encompassing AusGAF thread in gaming so people didn't have to miss out on news and bargains if they happened to miss a thread.

At some point, Evilore started to get wary about megathreads, and there was a bit of drama about a Soccer megathread doing things against the ToS (casual racism mostly) that they thought was ok, and there were mass bannings. So he started to shuffle around the megathreads a bit, created gaming community, and changed rules about new threads and that sort of thing. He communicated with us that he wanted to move us into gaming community and we were co operative (probably moreso than other megathread communities, some of which resulted in defector forums being created like the Rockband one), and I think just as part of the deal and as kind of a thankyou, or just to be nice, we were stickied so the AusGAF thread wouldn't get buried. I don't think there's much chance of us going off the first page in our prime time these days, but every subsequent thread gets stickied too.

Sort of related, when the off topic community was created (much later than gaming community), we were moved there and unstickied, I think by mistake as they were shuffling the megathreads around with the forum restructure. So we asked to be moved back, because we originated in gaming, and we were, and we were restickied, I think without asking.

I drank a beer in honour of Omi's birthday the other day! Asahi. Forgot to post a picture.
e52b9c86d7ed9c877d560805b1cf7859_640x640.jpg

I drank a beer in honour of Dead Man & someone elses birthday the other day too! Some kind of Summer Ale that was cheap at Aldi. Forgot to post a picture.
ddce73e407b910022a86132d06ca734c_640x640.jpg

I will drink a beer in honour of Danoss' birthday tonight! Some kind of Summer Ale that was cheap at Aldi. I'll try to remember to post a picture!

Now what?

The do not call list is a bit of a joke if they make exceptions. If someone bothered to get on it they clearly don't want to be hassled for money/services by random companies.

Gazunta

Happy birthday Danoss! You're one of my favourite posters here even if I have no idea what you're talking about half the time.

Speaking of birthdays, what is everyone's opinions about birthdays being celebrated in the workplace. Do you think its great? Is it awkward? How long until after you have been working at a place is it appropriate to have your birthday celebrated? Does your workplace do anything for your birthday?

At my last job we started this great system where your real birthday wasn't celebrated at all because it got too pedestrian and routine. Instead, everyone on the team knew what your "fake birthday" was, but you didn't, so you'd just come into work one day and SURPRISE IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY YAY!

I thought that was pretty cool.

It also cut down people chucking random sickies quite a bit - nobody would want the risk of missing their fake birthday!

Mr. Tone

Happy birthday Danoss! You're one of my favourite posters here even if I have no idea what you're talking about half the time.

Speaking of birthdays, what is everyone's opinions about birthdays being celebrated in the workplace. Do you think its great? Is it awkward? How long until after you have been working at a place is it appropriate to have your birthday celebrated? Does your workplace do anything for your birthday?

At my last job we started this great system where your real birthday wasn't celebrated at all because it got too pedestrian and routine. Instead, everyone on the team knew what your "fake birthday" was, but you didn't, so you'd just come into work one day and SURPRISE IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY YAY!

I thought that was pretty cool.

It also cut down people chucking random sickies quite a bit - nobody would want the risk of missing their fake birthday!

That's a little bit terrifying. I'm down with any kind of birthday celebration that involves me getting cake or cake-product.

Fredescu

The company I'm with currently used to buy cakes for birthdays. It's a fairly small company, but was quite a bit smaller when I first started. As the company grew, the cakes got cheaper, and people started to get a bit cynical about the cheap cakes. So the directors responded by cancelling birthday cakes and giving everyone the day off on their birthday. I prefer the new way personally.

That's interesting, I'll have to keep that in mind for next time. The amount of scam calls I've been getting lately is ridiculous. Our home phone is even on the do not call list :| Twice I've had some lady in India ring up and tell me that there's a problem with my computer. So I've started screening all the calls through voice mail.

fTYZpqb.jpg

Thought finding a cat in the trap would be a nice gift, but alas the food was gone and it wasn't set off. Sneaky buggers.

Happy birthday Danoss! :D

Strict zero alcohol policy at our work. If I have a beer at lunch I'm not allowed to go back to the office until my BAC is 0.00 :(

The paperwork we have to fill out to have an off-site Christmas party that involves alcohol is insane! Took me all fucking day.

ALSO I CANT GET ANY STREAMS OF THIS PS4 EVENT WORKING HERE AT WORK
WHAT AM I MEANT TO DO AT WORK >_<

Top Bottom