• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Gazunta

Kickstarter said:
Hi Cameron

Thanks for sending us your project for review. It looks like everything falls within our guidelines. Hooray!

That means that whenever you're ready, you can hit the green launch button and make your project live.

Yeah today sounds like a good day to launch, there's nothing else happening in the games world today is there?

Danoss

fTYZpqb.jpg

Thought finding a cat in the trap would be a nice gift, but alas the food was gone and it wasn't set off. Sneaky buggers.

Shaneus

Yeah Ice-T was genuinely a shock. He was having a ball with the Playroom stuff too lol. If he wasn't there it wouldn't have demoed anywhere near as well. Fallon really needs a good foil to work with.

Sony are selling the Camera really really well. Like, insanely well considering they have given it minimal focus until now. The Livestream stuff having Yosp react to stuff, like getting killed in Knack, was fun too.
No shit, I don't think I'd consider getting a PS4 *without* an Eyetoy now. That was all implemented so damn well.

Does the PS4 come with two controllers? Did I see that somewhere? Any idea if there's a deal where you get the Eyetoy included as a cheaper bundle?

Quality of the camera looked good, too. No idea on resolution, but colour reproduction on that screen they had in the studio was impressive. More impressive was that it recognised more than two people even though there were only two controllers.

Pong looked like arse, though.

Jintor

Thought finding a cat in the trap would be a nice gift, but alas the food was gone and it wasn't set off. Sneaky buggers.

I know you've been having problems with strays and the like, but put it like that and it sounds kinda feral :p

Haps barfday zombieman

$40 of iTunes credit for $20 at Harvey Norman tomorrow, 10am to Noon

Dealscorpion, where to buy the new Zelda for cheap dollars
Poop, can't remember.

VideoEzy et al had it really cheap, best bet would have been BeatTheBomb though since they post out and get it to you within 3 days.

Yeah today sounds like a good day to launch, there's nothing else happening in the games world today is there?

fTYZpqb.jpg

No shit, I don't think I'd consider getting a PS4 *without* an Eyetoy now. That was all implemented so damn well.

Does the PS4 come with two controllers? Did I see that somewhere? Any idea if there's a deal where you get the Eyetoy included as a cheaper bundle?

Quality of the camera looked good, too. No idea on resolution, but colour reproduction on that screen they had in the studio was impressive. More impressive was that it recognised more than two people even though there were only two controllers.

Pong looked like arse, though.

Stackboy

The modern day stuff in Black Flag is deliciously meta, impressed Ubi let them get away with so much :)

The punk band Black Flag is in Australia for the first time ever, at the moment. Everytime I see someone talking about the game Black Flag, I think of that band.

So the majority of reviews are out for the launch titles for PS4, with most of them being stinkers. Meanwhile I had a great night playing GTA5 and Arkham Origins on my PS3 and BF4 on my PC. Think it might be a while before I get to the current gen (because 360 and PS3 is now last gen, which feels terrifying).

Or just use Google Play Music and get everything for about half the price all the time.
Buying an Android phone is the best solution, yes :)

So the majority of reviews are out for the launch titles for PS4, with most of them being stinkers.
Yeah I agree, the reviews were mostly terribly written with poor justification for most of their complaints. Mainly, "I want this to be a different game because I want to play [insert game here] but here I am forced to play a game for a deadline".

Games seem great though! Super keen to pickup Killzone and Knack based on what I've seen streamed.

Reviews this generation will change from pieces of shit opinion pieces to objective critical analysis because now we will have EVERY game livestreamed the moment a copy is out in the wild.

Now the consumer can see and experience the game exactly as they would in their own home before even putting down the hard cash!

Dealscorpion, where to buy the new Zelda for cheap dollars

$42 posted from BeatTheBomb

Expect a quality local price from Big W though ;)

jambo

You can download them separately? I didn't know that...

If you hover over the 3 dots on each album/song, you can download them.

I think you get 2 downloads from the site and unlimited downloads through the Google Music Manager program you can install.

AFAIK it also works for any music you upload in the match system.

Fredescu

Anyone had any investment scam calls lately? I've had a "sports investment" scammer bugging me for the last little while. Had my mobile number, up to date street address, everything but first name. Kinda scary actually. I've never stopped to chat in the past but this time I let me give his his spiel and they're basically charging $10k for software to bet on horse races. Sounds like the scam has been around for a while: http://www.consumer.org.nz/news/view/horse-racing-investment

Pretty much the same thing as that but the company name was Marktec. Going to report it on Scamwatch.

Stackboy

Games seem great though! Super keen to pickup Killzone and Knack based on what I've seen streamed.

I watched the Killzone Quick Look on GB and the gunplay and the game as a whole looked incredibly generic. Still want to see some good MP gameplay. It will probably be on PS+ in a years time anyway.

I watched the Killzone Quick Look on GB and the gunplay and the game as a whole looked incredibly generic.
Heh, looks live enough of a deviation from the BF/COD routine to make it worthwhile to me. Cool future weaponry with augmented vision stuff. Then you have the awesome OWL stuff where you can rappel all around the joint, along with using it for cover fire to flank bad guys.
Also the more open level design with multiple approaches in some areas is exactly my kind of thing.

Keep in mind I was watching retail streams though, I'm not into Giant Bomb stuff.

senahorse

Anyone had any investment scam calls lately? I've had a "sports investment" scammer bugging me for the last little while. Had my mobile number, up to date street address, everything but first name. Kinda scary actually. I've never stopped to chat in the past but this time I let me give his his spiel and they're basically charging $10k for software to bet on horse races. Sounds like the scam has been around for a while: http://www.consumer.org.nz/news/view/horse-racing-investment

Pretty much the same thing as that but the company name was Marktec. Going to report it on Scamwatch.

Your loss, they just wanted you to be rich :( Also I read that as "...but the company name was Markot"

r1chard

Happy Birthday Danoss :)

Today's my last day at this job (ekit.com), which has dragged on for too long. Start the new job (Medibank Health Solutions) next Wednesday.

No, please don't talk to me about the sanity of signing up to Medibank in the current political climate. Ugh.

Off to the pub with the folk here for parma (that's a chicken schnitzel with ham, tomato and cheese on top, for those of you who don't know) and ex-employer-sponsored beer.

Dead Man

I am so uninterested in this gens launch, the game designs are the same boring shit from this gen, they are just a bit shinier. In 12 months I reckon I might be ready to go for a PS4.

Do you have a 'guy' for Mustang stuff? If not I can ask my uncle in Adelaide who he gets all his stuff through, he has a few over there now (and a few in our shed he can't be bothered moving >_<).
Yeah, got a good guy for parts, when the car was converted to RHD in the 70's they used some Falcon components, car is a bit bastardisied now mechanically, especially since I started adding modern parts like brakes that work lol. I order most of my parts online from the US anyway, so much cheaper, as long as you don't need it quickly. Thanks though. If you need to free up some room in the shed send a couple of them over to me, I'll look after them. ;)

Heh.

fTYZpqb.jpg

Happy Birthing Anniversary :)

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Having lunch at the elephant today. Can't wait to spend $18 on a big schnitty and a pint of beer! :D:D
That's a pretty good deal. I'm guessing you're not schnitzelling with me tonight? Two schnitzels in one day sounds awesome though. I'm just stuck at work til 3 ;_;

Dryk

Can someone coming to RadGAF tomorrow bring GMod folder on a USB? =P

Just the whole folder from steamapps/common after you've updated it to SteamPipe.

My version is fucked.
If I'd seen this before I left I would've found an expendable flash drive and thrown it over the fence as I walked past

Bikola

So i just got butt raped by amazon. They cancelled my order because they wouldn't ship to australia. Even though I asked them, before i even placed in the order, and they assured me it would ship to my address.

Danoss

Thanks for all the kind birthday wishes! I'm glad I could finally use that image, I'd been sitting on it for a while and it made me laugh.

Anyone had any investment scam calls lately?

I get a variety of them, but that one hasn't found its way to me yet. I usually know it's about to happen when the other end is silent after answering the phone and it doesn't hang up right after. There's a little line noise and a few clicks, then I know I'm being connected to India.

Recently I've been getting the one where they're following up the insurance claim for the car accident I recently had. I don't own a car, I don't travel in a car and haven't been run over by one as a pedestrian, but I don't tell them that so it's always interesting. When you ask questions that point to the gaping holes in the circumstances, it's rather amusing to hear their reasoning. I'll ask why the insurance company isn't contacting me, they'll say insurers don't handle these things. I'll ask if they're aware that CTP insurance is handled by insurers and is required to register a car, they'll say that this part is outsourced to them. Simple answer for everything it seems.

Alright, do they have my policy number at hand? No, they're only given a phone number. How do they know they've got the right person if they don't have a name? They call the number and find the person who has had an accident. What if the phone number is for the reception/security desk at a block of units? *Disconnect tone*

Aww, I had so many more questions...

I've never been butt raped, but it sounds a lot worse than that.

I'm sure those that have been would prefer to switch circumstances with someone who ordered something, didn't get it and wasn't even charged. It barely qualifies as an inconvenience.

Mr. Tone

So i just got butt raped by amazon. They cancelled my order because they wouldn't ship to australia. Even though I asked them, before i even placed in the order, and they assured me it would ship to my address.

That sucks (butt rape may be a stretch
*badum tsssh*
). With all the dramas other people have had with theirs, I think I got pretty lucky with mine. Order placed on the 12th of June, and haven't touched it or contacted Amazon about it since.

Top Bottom