• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Mr. Tone

i1sv1W3FnIyYz.gif

Are we back?

Only $464 posted from Amazon

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Oh shit, only $475 for express postage to be here by the end of next week

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

LAUNCH EDITIONS BACK IN STOCK ON AMAZON.

AUSTRALIA shipping is OKAY.

GO GO GO!!!

I would have but my bonus for covering my boss was eaten up by the tax man :(

I gotta pay Shaneus today too! PM me your details man!

Shaneus

Only $464 posted from Amazon

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Oh shit, only $475 for express postage to be here by the end of next week

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I would have but my bonus for covering my boss was eaten up by the tax man :(

I gotta pay Shaneus today too! PM me your details man!
WAIT? HOW MUCH IS IT HERE REGULARLY ANYWAY? OH GOD I THINK I WANT ONE FUCK.

Warranty, should I worry? And PSN can be anywhere, yes? Not locked?

I ordered another launch edition while amazon is still sorting out my previous mess.

Was on call with a rep while they came back in stock, perfect timing.

Amazon was gracious enough to give me 60 bucks credit as well.

Now just waiting for this bad boy to ship.

Danoss

Yeah, I wondered that too. My submission to Scamwatch was not anonymous and I made it clear that I had more details if they wanted to contact me for them. They don't have an email address to send this stuff to, which is understandable since it would be mostly trojans. Wonder if I should report it elsewhere too.

Nothing they've given me in paper is illegal. All of his wild claims about success rates were over the phone, which while technically illegal, would not be enough for a conviction.

Even a little investigation might be enough to scare them into ceasing their activities, it could be enough to save some poor sap a lot of money. At best, they might find this isn't their only scam or some other evidence which may be enough to get them on.

From what I understand, fraud can be a rather difficult thing to prove, but every little bit helps. I know from my previous work in insurance, if the claims department finds your claim suspect, they'll give you the opportunity to withdraw your claim and it's very clear why that offer is on the table. It's the best for both parties in this case, but at that point the crime had not been completely followed through.

Ausgaf is my favourite thread. We don't all agree but we all get along.

You guys are rad.

AusGAF really is the best. Unless linked elsewhere, it's the only thread I visit.

Happy birthday Danoss! You're one of my favourite posters here even if I have no idea what you're talking about half the time.

Speaking of birthdays, what is everyone's opinions about birthdays being celebrated in the workplace. Do you think its great? Is it awkward? How long until after you have been working at a place is it appropriate to have your birthday celebrated? Does your workplace do anything for your birthday?

At my last job we started this great system where your real birthday wasn't celebrated at all because it got too pedestrian and routine. Instead, everyone on the team knew what your "fake birthday" was, but you didn't, so you'd just come into work one day and SURPRISE IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY YAY!

I thought that was pretty cool.

It also cut down people chucking random sickies quite a bit - nobody would want the risk of missing their fake birthday!

Haha, thanks Gaz! Your posts are awesome and so are your comics. Exhibit A: this post.

I love what your previous workplace did, it makes it all the more special. Birthdays can become routine for everyone involved in the workplace and it takes a lot of the fun and enthusiasm right out of it. Instead of it being "Today it's X person's birthday, time to do the card and a cake thing which they'll totally expect", it's "Person X could use a good time, lets surprise them tomorrow!" Fun for everyone!

The best place I worked celebrated birthdays on or near the day with a nice lunch and drinks. There was none of the phoniness you see in larger offices, we were like family and many of us were friends outside of work and still are.

Dead Man

Alright, heading into the city soon, some of youse wankers had better show up.

Yeah US is awesome for Mustang stuff.

Also fix that for you :)
It's funny because it's true. 12 months from now it should be pretty solid though. Early adopters can do the QA for me. HDMI port installation, for example.

Dead Man

I've just had a shower and gotten ready. Should be there around 6.

Look for a bright red headed chick with a purple blouse and orange jacket thingy

Will do. Just look for the old lumberjack looking bloke with the beard and flannel shirt. It's still at the Elephant, behind the Exie, yeah?

To Danoss,

Happy birthday!

Love, roosters93
Love, Franck.

Franck actually became the first person I put on ignore!

Happy birthday Danoss! You're one of my favourite posters here even if I have no idea what you're talking about half the time.

Speaking of birthdays, what is everyone's opinions about birthdays being celebrated in the workplace. Do you think its great? Is it awkward? How long until after you have been working at a place is it appropriate to have your birthday celebrated? Does your workplace do anything for your birthday?

At my last job we started this great system where your real birthday wasn't celebrated at all because it got too pedestrian and routine. Instead, everyone on the team knew what your "fake birthday" was, but you didn't, so you'd just come into work one day and SURPRISE IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY YAY!

I thought that was pretty cool.

It also cut down people chucking random sickies quite a bit - nobody would want the risk of missing their fake birthday!

This is the best idea ever.

Grassy

I ordered another launch edition while amazon is still sorting out my previous mess.

Was on call with a rep while they came back in stock, perfect timing.

Amazon was gracious enough to give me 60 bucks credit as well.

Now just waiting for this bad boy to ship.

Damn that sucks, I just saw you had quoted me in the other thread asking if I was from Australia(yep) as I had mentioned the status on my PS4 changed to "shipping now" last night.

Mine's scheduled for delivery here next Friday, although I'm sort of regional(Byron Bay) so if you get yours shipped soon then you may have it before next weekend if you're in a capital city.

Fredescu

Even a little investigation might be enough to scare them into ceasing their activities, it could be enough to save some poor sap a lot of money. At best, they might find this isn't their only scam or some other evidence which may be enough to get them on.

I checked out Crimestoppers, but the online report section links to the police (https://www1.police.nsw.gov.au/), which says that scams should be reported to Scamwatch and provides a link to it. So I think my Scamwatch report is probably enough.

I've just had a shower and gotten ready. Should be there around 6.

Look for a bright red headed chick with a purple blouse and orange jacket thingy

Should be there just after 6 as well. I'm wearing a shirt with an arrow on it. Yep.

That is way too adorable H pro.

Ugh. Tough shit if the product isn't even available in the Australian region eh.
What happened to that inquiry over price discrepancies?

Woah, never tried it with sauce. That would certainly improve things.

Thanks, Shan. I have boxes for all occasions. [-_-]/

So I caved and got an Amazon PS4. Going to cancel my DSE preorder and hope they give me back my $50. Any idea how I can get Killzone cheap?

Ask an amazon rep to add it to your order. Call, no chat.

Damn that sucks, I just saw you had quoted me in the other thread asking if I was from Australia(yep) as I had mentioned the status on my PS4 changed to "shipping now" last night.

Mine's scheduled for delivery here next Friday, although I'm sort of regional(Byron Bay) so if you get yours shipped soon then you may have it before next weekend if you're in a capital city.

Pre-order that is in limbo had delivery date for 19th, new one is 21st.

Anyone else watching he PS4 NA launch thread like it's a dissection of a frog?

No that thread is madness.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I've formed a bond with the guy. He's asked me to watch his ipad and bag while he goes to the bar or toilet. Nows our chance adelgaf!!

Top Bottom