• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

senahorse

I like how the awfully terrible launch line up for the PS4 is ignored while Wii u got panned for it....

Whats the point of buying one? For the oh so forgettable killzone series? The mediocre Knack?

I will pan them all evenly, the Wii-U, Xbone and PS4 all had/have terrible launch lineups, no sugar coating it will change that. Though, the PC had a terrible launch lineup when it launched, word processors weren't a lot of fun :(

Cods, what's the deal with expired beer?

I know it doesn't go bad, but still, these ones are 11 months past the expiration.

Drink or return? I can see yellowish sediment deposits on the base of most of the bottles.

I'm growing as hard as I can!
I'm going to leave this here so that, at some point in the future, I may quote you out of context.

I have a 3ds, a Wii u and a great gaming PC.

What more could I want?
A refund on the WiiU?

Though, the PC had a terrible launch lineup when it launched, word processors weren't a lot of fun :(
Some people are still quite content with their spreadsheets...

Farkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk just checked and my tax return just went through so I could totally have bought a PS4 no issue farkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

STAY STRONG REP STAY STRONG

I would pan pretty much the entire 'launch window' of Wii U games except Pikmin, I guess.
Does that really count? I guess Infamous Second Sound & Driveclub can be considered launch
window
too!

A refund on the WiiU?

1318.gif

Omni

Probably a long shot, but has anyone here ever been to a Dick Smith interview? Randomly got a call today and had to do a quick phone interview. I think I did alright there as I got an email afterwards inviting me to an "assessment centre" early next week... I just have no idea what that is and what to expect.

markot

Banned
Farkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk just checked and my tax return just went through so I could totally have bought a PS4 no issue farkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Does that really count? I guess Infamous Second Sound & Driveclub can be considered launch
window
too!

1318.gif

So easily amused, no wonder you cant get the Wii u and the PS4 titalates your titulations.

Probably a long shot, but has anyone here ever been to a Dick Smith interview? Randomly got a call today and had to do a quick phone interview. I think I did alright there as I got an email afterwards inviting me to an "assessment centre" early next week... I just have no idea what that is and what to expect.
Chances are, you'll be run through the usual gamut of test. Aptitude test (English, maths), potentially a group test (i.e. they tell you and a group of people to work out a list of 5 items you would want to have with you on a desert island - it's designed to see how you interact with others, your authoritative/collaborative skills and reasoning), a role play (you be the staff member, the tester plays the role of a customer with an issue) and probably a face-to-face interview. May be only some of those, maybe more, maybe all. It depends on the recruitment agency, really.

It's fairly standard stuff, so it's good to get practice and experience with these things. Good luck, randomrosso. If you have any other questions, ask away.

So easily amused, no wonder you cant get the Wii u and the PS4 titalates your titulations.
This coming from a man who enjoys safe, iterative, predictable games from the leading reseller of the same games for the past 30 years.

Opinion noted!

markot

Banned
Chances are, you'll be run through the usual gamut of test. Aptitude test (English, maths), potentially a group test (i.e. they tell you and a group of people to work out a list of 5 items you would want to have with you on a desert island - it's designed to see how you interact with others, your authoritative/collaborative skills and reasoning), a role play (you be the staff member, the tester plays the role of a customer with an issue) and probably a face-to-face interview. May be only some of those, maybe more, maybe all. It depends on the recruitment agency, really.

It's fairly standard stuff, so it's good to get practice and experience with these things. Good luck, randomrosso. If you have any other questions, ask away.

This coming from a man who enjoys safe, iterative, predictable games from the leading reseller of the same games for the past 30 years.

Opinion noted!

Its cute that anyone in the world could say that about Mario.

Cute.

But then again, you can teach a chimp to wear clothes, but you cant teach it to stop flinging shit around. Flinging shit like Knack and Killzone that is oh burn.

Your so wrong that your wrongness is now the wrongest wrongness ever.

The inability to appreciate Mario makes me question, not only your sanity, but also your sanitary.

Because when your playing your mediocre games where gameplay takes a third place to shades of brown and shades of grey. Ill be having pure FUN with the next mario game. Fun. From start to finish, from the masters of FUN games. because FUN is what its all about.

But you dont know that, cause Fun isnt allowed in the gritty world of the mature gamers who act like vamipes exposed to the light at the sight of more than 5 colours on screen at once.

So go ahead and dismiss Nintendo and Mario, go and play your cods and your sods. Play the mature games with gripping stories that make soap operas look like some shakespearean stuff. Go ahead and stream your ass on screen to 50 people on youtubes and twitch while you pump the 5,423,552,432 zombie full of lead in a masochistic need to be seen as mature, in a need to kill all parts of your inner child.

Ill be letting my inner child run riot in the mushroom kingdom, with a stupid grin on my face, and a feeling in my heart that no one else can reach.

I got an email afterwards inviting me to an "assessment centre" early next week
Sounds like a Redneducation Center.

I could totally have bought a PS4 no issue farkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Remember the Wii U! It'll be awesome value after the first price drop. Listen to the emos! And use the money in the meantime for beer.

Cods, what's the deal with expired beer?
Beer can become skunked, meaning it'll taste awful. Usually only happens with light exposure (dark bottles help avoid this a lot).

Like Omi said, sediment at the bottom in good beer (e.g. not the big guys) is normal and actually can be evidence of good beer. It's just yeast most of the time. If you're concerned, leave it upright in the fridge for a couple of days, pour gently and leave the last bit in the bottle. Too much yeast will make you go to the toilet but that's about it unless you're drinking litres of it. The only beer I know with a short best before is from Stone in the US, and their stuff isn't available here (I have some anyway :D). Many beers (usually darker ones) can be aged for a number of years and will improve. e.g. Courage's Russian Imperial Stout can be aged for 15+ years according to the bottle.

General rule is drink light beer fresh, drink dark beer whenever. Except sours.

tl;dr It's fine, drink it!

Its cute that anyone in the world could say that about Mario.

Cute.

But then again, you can teach a chimp to wear clothes, but you cant teach it to stop flinging shit around. Flinging shit like Knack and Killzone that is oh burn.

Your so wrong that your wrongness is now the wrongest wrongness ever.

The inability to appreciate Mario makes me question, not only your sanity, but also your sanitary.

Because when your playing your mediocre games where gameplay takes a third place to shades of brown and shades of grey. Ill be having pure FUN with the next mario game. Fun. From start to finish, from the masters of FUN games. because FUN is what its all about.

But you dont know that, cause Fun isnt allowed in the gritty world of the mature gamers who act like vamipes exposed to the light at the sight of more than 5 colours on screen at once.

So go ahead and dismiss Nintendo and Mario, go and play your cods and your sods. Play the mature games with gripping stories that make soap operas look like some shakespearean stuff. Go ahead and stream your ass on screen to 50 people on youtubes and twitch while you pump the 5,423,552,432 zombie full of lead in a masochistic need to be seen as mature, in a need to kill all parts of your inner child.

Ill be letting my inner child run riot in the mushroom kingdom, with a stupid grin on my face, and a feeling in my heart that no one else can reach.
It's okay to have found a couple of games you like to replay every year. New experiences aren't for everyone. It's a scary world out there for some. You should embrace it, rather than getting defensive. You'll be much happier.

RadGAF looks like a lot of fun, guys. I hope you're all having a great night.

Lucian, look after your phone. It's all fun and games until someone breaks a law with your phone.

Top Bottom