• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So, I woke up for the f1s, I know this because I have outgoing sms to a friend about the race. I also feel like I've had no sleep.

But, I have no actual memory of being awake or even how the race went.

Great start to the week lol.

r1chard

It really isn't. It's just completely flat as a comedy and entirely uninteresting as scifi parody. I don't know what people see in it.
People see nostalgia in it. It was funny once, when they were teenagers watching it first air.

Went and saw Craig Charles do a solo show about 10 years ago. Completely flat. Even tried some jokes that he read straight from the Internet.

Jintor

My favourite Red Dwarf joke is the extremely long story Lister tells that goes for almost five or six minutes and ends in a terrrrrrrrible pun

Ventron

xZvl5aC.png

r1chard

Happy Birthday Ventron :)

So now I'm currently in limbo between jobs and trying to turn my Windows PC (until now exclusively used for gaming and watching stuff on my telly) into something that can do software development and ... ugh Windows :p

anti-Red Dwarf heathens.

It does totally suck if you watch VII, XIII or Back to Earth. Most recent season was a return to form. Lemons, especially. But its like many things- you either like it or you don't and you tell the whole fucking world at every opportunity.

HB ventron

Cool cake, BTW r1chard

My brother in Brisbane received his PS4 today so here's hoping you guys get yours today. The chances are the biggest probs you'll have will be PSN related more than anything.

still waiting on Gazunta's kickstarter.
still waiting

reptile scorpio- 50" panasonic plasmas are about 700 (760 with sales tax).
The TV I want is about 950 from amazon- a 50" Sony.
Sony KDL-50R550A 50-Inch 120Hz 1080p LED HDTV (Black)
just weighing up whether the box will fit in my car.

I've met Robert Llewellyn several times because he's married into the family. He's a nice guy, and very funny.

so you're related to Camille?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
anti-Red Dwarf heathens.

It does totally suck if you watch VII, XIII or Back to Earth. Most recent season was a return to form. Lemons, especially. But its like many things- you either like it or you don't and you tell the whole fucking world at every opportunity.

HB ventron

Cool cake, BTW r1chard

My brother in Brisbane received his PS4 today so here's hoping you guys get yours today. The chances are the biggest probs you'll have will be PSN related more than anything.

still waiting

so you're related to Camille?

Yeah I was very concerned going into the latest season after back to earth.. but it was great! and had me laughing out loud more than i recall the earlier seasons doing so!

edit: happy birthday ventron!

Gazunta

still waiting
tumblr_mordn5l8qb1qhm2mso1_500.jpg

Soon

Tomorrow

And yes Resogun does look like my cup of tea, I'm looking forward to getting my PS4 in the new year sometime once all the hysteria has died down and there's some more games available. (And after I buy that Vita for the new Minter hotness)

But this week I plan on giving Microsoft all my money for that hot new machine of theirs I've been waiting ages to buy!
Surface Pro 2, what else?

Happy birthday Ventron!

jambo

it's a lot better in my memories than actually watching it
At the time it was quite unique and the humour wasn't as dated but I can't imagine it attracting any new fans today, truly one of those 'you had to be there smeghead' shows.
People see nostalgia in it. It was funny once, when they were teenagers watching it first air.

I did watch it when I was younger, but I recently revisited it to prepare for the new season and I found myself in stitches of laughter.

I think I just prefer the whacky, surreal style of british comedy. Love Red Dwarf, Blackadder, The Young Ones, A Bit of Fry & Laurie, Fawlty Towers, Monty Python, Mighty Boosh, Spaced, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

Went and saw Craig Charles do a solo show about 10 years ago. Completely flat. Even tried some jokes that he read straight from the Internet.

The best thing he's done since Dwarf is his BBC Radio 6 Funk & Soul Show.

Danoss

Happy birthday, Ventron!

Some of you may have heard of the game Two Rooms and a Boom, which is a hidden role and deduction game similar to Werewolf/Mafia/The Resistance/other. It is quite popular, has been well received, has been available as print and play for free for a while and now they have launched a Kickstarter project for it. Check it out if it sounds like something you'd enjoy and maybe pledge for a copy or give them a couple of bucks for a copy. You can download a print and play copy of the game for free using the link on their Kickstarter page or right here.

I'd go into more detail, but I haven't played it or read much more about it. It's been on my list of things to check out for a while and I just haven't gotten around to it. Perhaps it would be something to whip out and play at the next AusGAF meet at PAX?

The latest Bundle of Holding is winding down. I neglected to post about it after it launched, because I was not inspired to remember. This one in particular is dedicated to the HERO system.

If the idea of roleplaying AND using a calculator is appealing to you, then this is the bargain you've been waiting for. Honestly, the only reason I'm posting about this now is just so I could say that. Knowing the order of operations is quite useful, needing to employ that in any aspect of an RPG is a a warning for me to stay well away from it. Maybe that's your thing, and if it is, $21 gets you 9 books of maths problems. I'm sure there's some roleplaying content in there somewhere.

senahorse

Just had a LOL moment on Ebay. I thought I bought a copy of ACIV for $39, but when I went through the checkout I discovered I bought Splinter Cell...on closer inspection it seems I get a code for both :D

Do we know yet if BigW are doing a special on Zelda this weekend?

and where would an American go to attain such sorcery?

Ask your Australian friend to create a US PSN account. Then, you can buy a Plus subscription and give it to him/her. The code will work on the US account but the free games can be played from the Australian account.

Happy birthday Ventron. Haven't seen you around much.

This Driveclub footage should be good enough to get Shaneus excited.

Oh sweet, don't even need the Playstation Camera for voice commands on PS4

Also Bonds jocks for $10 posted each

Just checking out the Sony games store website. Makes it super easy to "buy" games using PS+
Yup, never touch the PS3 store any more, Website lets you using a shopping basket system too which is great. Will do the same for the PS4 but apparently the new app on iOS/Android is amazeballs too.

I doubt this will be streamed unfortunately, but the world championships in the USA are live streamed with commentary. There's a couple of them archived here: http://papa.org/videos/tv/papa-circuit-tournament-coverage/
Thanks for that, will checkout tonight. Commentated pinball could be amazingly entertaining, kinda like gaming.

I will never understand what people see in the Kingdom Hearts series *folds arms* *falls off a grumpy cliff of grumpiness*
Cool mash up of IP, decent action game. First game was pretty rough, second game went off the deep end in terms of story.

she likes sword art online too :(
I don't mind it :)

Kritz said that Red Dwarf wasn't a good show

AEOF0iA.gif
Kritz is right, as always. Although I thought he gave it five out of five tbh.

lol, well it's pretty cool you found someone nerdy. i've never dated a nerdy/gamer chick before so it's something i'm semi-intrigued about
You should date Jintor! If that is indeed you in the avatar of course.

My PS+ expired, do we know if the PAL PS4's will also come with a free month of Plus?
It does but it is for new accounts. Not sure if you can use it on lapsed accounts.

Worth a shot though!

Yay, Happy Birthday!

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn that's nice! Hopefully somewhere has it for $800 for BF. Good price for an LED.

Love Red Dwarf, Blackadder, The Young Ones, A Bit of Fry & Laurie, Fawlty Towers, Monty Python, Mighty Boosh, Spaced, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.
Love all those shows aside from Red Dwarf.

Darkplace is so random. Love it.

This Driveclub footage should be good enough to get everyone excited.
Fixed :)

Fusebox

Banned
The delivery men are testing the PS4

Ha, it wouldn't surprise me.

I was out of the house for a while earlier coz tracking for delivery is still showing ETA as tomorrow but they might have tried delivering it today instead when I was out, but there's no little slip of paper saying they tried.

senahorse

Well that was quick, ebay dude send me the codes. I activated in Uplay, but now it won't let me dl ACIV until release day. However SC and NFS:Rivals are good to go :D

No PS4 today :(

Bloody DHL, my status switched to forwarded to carrier at about 10 last night. Check in the morning if its out for delivery and nothing. Look at it now and it shows that it didn't switch to forwarded to carrier until this morning

Bastards

Not a big deal since I couldn't be home. Still BS though

Kritz you're awful. All hail wacky British comedies!

I will destroy you. SAO is already possibly the worst anime I've seen in years and I'm only halfway through. (I'm MST2King it with ToonamiGAF so no 'y u watch things u dun enjoy')

I started out with such high hopes :( It had a really cool setting/plot... and then
they adopted a kid or something
and I gave up.

lexi

Banned
18 Nov 2013 01:42:47am Brisbane Shipment Received At Transit Point.

WHERES THE 'OUT FOR DELIVERY' STATUS DAMNIT!

I hope it delivers today but hope is fading! :(

Quasar

I will destroy you. SAO is already possibly the worst anime I've seen in years and I'm only halfway through.

I didn't even think it was the worst of that particular season, let alone 'years'. Of course I liked the first arc, but even putting away my own personal tastes aside I don't really see it.

Its like those 'awards' given to EA for being the worst company on earth thanks to stupid gamers stuffing ballot boxes.

Omikron

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=556110.
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-DE976F5E4A0E81B3 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Ghazi

t1384760982z1.png

See if this shit works.

Jintor

I didn't even think it was the worst of that particular season, let alone 'years'. Of course I liked the first arc, but even putting away my own personal tastes aside I don't really see it.

Its like those 'awards' given to EA for being the worst company on earth thanks to stupid gamers stuffing ballot boxes.

Well, I do generally avoid watching shows I actively know are bad, so I suppose my viewpoints are somewhat limited. But SAO is fucking terrible, even in its first, supposedly decent arc. Horrible pacing, mostly skipped action sequences that even when shown are mostly just weird art blurs of colour, idiotic characters, every girl the main hero meets wanting to jump his bones, a romance that had a shittonne of episodes of tsundere and then a shittone of episodes of 'we're basically married' with very little transition time in between, and a 'main villain' who
turns up in the first episode and then basically has zero presence until the last episode of his season where he gives no real explanation for his bullshit
. Let's not even get into the timeskip jump cuts, the completely broken nature of the SAO's MMO mechanics and Kirito developing magic powers whenever he needs to. And that's even without getting into this weird "Dude she's in a fucking coma" or "She's not your sister, she's your cousin, so it's totally OK!" territory S2 appears to have moved into.

Top Bottom