• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Dead Man

markot

Banned
Magic is one thing. But single dragons bringing kingdoms to their knees is a lame plot device. Also I hate the character and whole story of that blonde chick. It's just kinda annoying cause I loved the rest. But it's pretty obvious what is gonna happen with her and meh.
It's like when it's about westeros I love it, but the blond chick and wall dudes bores me.

I like fantasy, but in got, I prefer the pure politics and intrigue of the warring kindgoms over the magic shit, to me the magic ruins it for some reason... I dont know, magic has to be part of the world for it to be good, in got it seems to be a rather lame plot device.

Jintor

He's probably admitting it cos they're dead.

I'm seeing a lot of twitter chatter that says he said words to the effect that the 'Victims weren't entirely blameless', but I can't source that at the moment. It's kind of funny though (in an incredibly depressing kind of way) that apparently the abuse fell below some threshold where the Church didn't feel like it had to act or some shit, if you take his excuses at face value at least. You'd think one abused kid would be bad enough, but...

I received three codes today, but there's a fourth I'm waiting for, not sure why it didn't go through. So in the very least, I have 3600MSP for $15. Woo!
None of my 3 orders that I made before I even told you guys have come through

:(

Sensory overload.

There is too much to do and it's been too long.
Play Age of Empires 2.

Dude, this is religion!

PUprNcy.jpg

Shaneus

None of my 3 orders that I made before I even told you guys have come through

:(
Don't be sad. You're probably one of the lucky cunts that's getting 1600MSP.

That reminds me, I should go and buy the Horizon rally pack. I can't believe I had to rort a system to get that DLC at an acceptable price, rather than pay whatever exorbitant amount MS were asking in the first place, or wait for a fucking sale.

Don't be sad. You're probably one of the lucky cunts that's getting 1600MSP.

That reminds me, I should go and buy the Horizon rally pack. I can't believe I had to rort a system to get that DLC at an acceptable price, rather than pay whatever exorbitant amount MS were asking in the first place, or wait for a fucking sale.

Regretting not grabbing 6 packs at this point if they do go through

>_<

Groupees bundle! Sherlock Holmes games! Also Dracula Origins. Pretty sweet adventure type games for like 50c each, choose what you want, Steamcodes.

Logitechshop sale! Will ramp up with other items, including UE earphones so keep an eye on that!

Why didn't you? Five bucks a pop, man. Worst case, you get your five bucks a pop back via the Paypal dispute thing. As if MS wouldn't honour it or provide a refund anyway.

I know, I'm just a fucking idiot :/

EDIT: Looking at Paypal they already cancelled one of my orders :(

have you played an animal crossing before? you fish, catch bugs, dig fossils, buy furniture, pay off house, pick weeds, talk to animals, write letters, hang out in a forest, etc etc.

i probably won't get donkey kong. i actually just ordered luigi's mansion and
new super mario bros 2
cos my 25% off p-a coupon was about to expire. stupid coupon restrictions, combined value needed to be >$60, had to be 24hrs in stock and released at least 30 days ago:/

Can't say I have. I did have a quick google and I don't think it's for me, I've always liked games with an end goal.

You really should get it. I haven't yet as I played it to death on wii, though the extra stages are tempting me.

Edit. After watching this http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=895koqZvihI it seems pretty relaxing.

Jintor

I totally forgot that Bolt got rammed for racial vilification back in 2011. Going through the case now as part of my course...

Oh man, these articles. "Exactly how Aboriginal is Enoch? Why is she insisting on a racial difference the eye cannot even detect?". The fucking gall to claim that he wasn't accusing them of 'pretending to aboriginal' in the middle of a razor attack piece that clearly does exactly that. And the worst of all is to try and couch it as though he was defending Aboriginal persons from the hordes of white people 'pretending' to be Aboriginal to get benefits. Christ. What a guy.

Deeku

Can't say I have. I did have a quick google and I don't think it's for me, I've always liked games with an end goal.

You really should get it. I haven't yet as I played it to death on wii, though the extra stages are tempting me.

Edit. After watching this http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=895koqZvihI it seems pretty relaxing.
oh man you should really get it since you're new to the series. yeah it's very relaxing and just...care free fun! crap loads of things to collect and do. i won't guarantee that you'll dig it, but i'm sure it'll be a refreshing experience! it's like, nintendo charm overload.

i've never been much of a dk fan, also bombcast dudes said the framerate is a bit dodgy

wonzo

Banned
Clearly in a just world, old white men would have the right to determine what race people should identify as. #heraldsunfan

Jintor

Do you use the l shoulder button at all in animal crossing? I need to talk to Nintendo and see if I can get my 3DS repaired for free or for shipping costs (it's outside both the warranty period and the consumer guaranteed warranty period :/), else I'll just have to save up and by a 3DS XL after I shove all the save data off it.

I need work :/

Deeku

you only need a shoulder button (l or r) for running i think. b button does the same thing. l/r is also used for rotating camera when in your house i think, but i think you can do that with the touchscreen.

so yeah, you'll be fine.

edit: oh no wait, i just checked, you need to press L and R for screenshots. no in game screenshots for you!!

oh man you should really get it since you're new to the series. yeah it's very relaxing and just...care free fun! crap loads of things to collect and do. i won't guarantee that you'll dig it, but i'm sure it'll be a refreshing experience! it's like, nintendo charm overload.

i've never been much of a dk fan, also bombcast dudes said the framerate is a bit dodgy

If it releases locally cheap ill look into it. Will there be a demo?

Has anyone gotten there Xbox points codes yet from that 1200 points for $4.99 deal? I'm still waiting.

It's a sore subject.

You know the Monday is a public holiday?

edit: TV, if you're talking FTA/Cable etc, not even 1 hour per year, unless it's something like Olympics, World Cup etc. We have started watching a fair bit of netflix content when we go to bed though.

The news never stops etc
How much TV do you guys watch?
A fair bit, but not much week to week. I'm watching homeland at the moment that I fell behind on when it was coming out, but otherwise Game of Thrones, American Dad, Community, NRL... that's all off the top of my head. Baring in mind Archer, Walking Dead and Workaholics recently finished.
Big plans to watch the Americans soon. And Arrested obviously.

The Guardian now has an Australian Edition. Beats reading Andrew Bolt.

Apparently theguardian.com.au a local paper in the NSW riverina area saw a 600%+ increase in traffic today from people.

Oz The Great And Powerful was fantastic, highly recommended. Does not need to exist but I'm glad it does.
Over 2 hours long but didn't feel like it. Acting was great, best work Zach Braff has done in his entire career (understated but still funny without going over the top like usual).
Script was delicious. Worked fucked well. Only one thing that shit me,
how/who the fuck are all the 'good' townspeople at the execution suddenly? Did I miss something?
That was odd.
Great character arc to the movie too.
Great nods to the OG movie too.
Shocked. 4/5 Kritz.net as I'm still not sure why it exists so 5/5 would just feel weird and bizarre.

Has anyone gotten there Xbox points codes yet from that 1200 points for $4.99 deal? I'm still waiting.

Keep any eye on your Paypal account. My first transaction is now listed as 'cancelled' by Microsoft but the other 2 are still pending so fingers crossed.

Seems pretty random as to how it gets approved. Might be based around having alllll your contact/IP/cookies showing the same location but there is a TON of factors in there that might contribute.

Some people on Reddit/OzBargain got 50+ codes. Some took up to 4 days to come through. Some only took 2 hours. Luck of the draw!

At the worst you will lose only the time spent ordering them, no money.

Kirby102

Do you use the l shoulder button at all in animal crossing? I need to talk to Nintendo and see if I can get my 3DS repaired for free or for shipping costs (it's outside both the warranty period and the consumer guaranteed warranty period :/), else I'll just have to save up and by a 3DS XL after I shove all the save data off it.

I need work :/
Yeah me too, my 3DS shoulder buttons are stuffed... I don't even know how mine die so fast compared to other peoples... it's happened to my DSi's as well :\

I've researched and found that this store does repairs... but for $65, not sure how they are, but worse case scenario, I'll get these guys to fix it :\

Hey AusGAF: I'm not dead yet! Won't have internet for another couple of days (won't even have power tomorrow night).

Can't get the direct URL of this pic I took this morning to embed in a post, if someone wants to post it directly in here go ahead...

http://instagram.com/p/Z00HjZO91Y/

Have so far been to Jerash, Mount Nebo, the Dead Sea (got covered in mud), Kerak, Petra (hells yeah) and tomorrow Wadi Rum. Jordan is pretty nice actually. Not as hot as expected thus far, but still sunburnt.

Postcard over.

Hey AusGAF: I'm not dead yet! Won't have internet for another couple of days (won't even have power tomorrow night).

Can't get the direct URL of this pic I took this morning to embed in a post, if someone wants to post it directly in here go ahead...

Have so far been to Jerash, Mount Nebo, the Dead Sea (got covered in mud), Kerak, Petra (hells yeah) and tomorrow Wadi Rum. Jordan is pretty nice actually. Not as hot as expected thus far, but still sunburnt.

Postcard over.

OMG the Temple of the Sun!!!! Nice.

Postcard over.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N4gruB3lH6g

Postcard over.
Lash out on a better hotel dude, that looks ancient.

senahorse

I totally forgot that Bolt got rammed for racial vilification back in 2011. Going through the case now as part of my course...

Oh man, these articles. "Exactly how Aboriginal is Enoch? Why is she insisting on a racial difference the eye cannot even detect?". The fucking gall to claim that he wasn't accusing them of 'pretending to aboriginal' in the middle of a razor attack piece that clearly does exactly that. And the worst of all is to try and couch it as though he was defending Aboriginal persons from the hordes of white people 'pretending' to be Aboriginal to get benefits. Christ. What a guy.

The guy is a parasite, worse still, he has a loyal fan-base.

If any of you haven't watched this show, watch it. I have no interest in American football and still loved this show.

Clear eyes, full heart.....

Agreed great show. The second (or maybe third?) season was a bit shit. Where it gets super soap opera-y, but it gets back on track afterwards

If anyone here is an animation fan or just enjoys old Warner Brother Animation, this may interest you:

Looney Tunes - The Complete Golden Collection (Volumes 1-6)

24 discs of old Warner Brothers goodness for $15 shipped. 15 dollaridoo. Shipped. 356 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies made between 1930-1968. 15 quid.

Bargain.

Edit:
Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)

Thanks for the reminder, rep. My player is region free plus I usually rip my disc and convert them to watch. Sorry to anyone for any confusion :(

Shaneus

If anyone here is an animation fan or just enjoys old Warner Brother Animation, this may interest you:

Looney Tunes - The Complete Golden Collection (Volumes 1-6)

24 discs of old Warner Brothers goodness for $15 shipped. 15 dollaridoo. Shipped. 356 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies made between 1930-1968. 15 quid.

Bargain.
Fucking bought, you rock. Now, if only I was a stoner so I can enjoy them like I was a kid again. No, I was not a stoner when I was a kid. Though it certainly would explain a lot...

Won't be able to play Forza 5 due to my shitty internet :(
Anything specifically about it that means you can't play it, or just "always on"?

Top Bottom