• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Omikron

This is a really fucking weird article, but then again, it is by Andrew Bolt.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/op...es-not-the-bully/story-fni0ffxg-1226650913020

912153-andrew-demetriou-adam-goodes.jpg

I DETEST racists. But the monstering of the Collingwood fan who shouted at Sydney footballer Adam Goodes is shameful.

She is just a 13-year-old who was at the football with her nan. She wasn't happy.

Collingwood was being thrashed and when the bearded Goodes took another possession in front of her, she shouted "ape".

This is very rude. I wonder at her parents. It's also possibly racist, though she insisted she didn't mean it that way. Whatever, she needed a talking-to.

Goodes heard the abuse, and pointed her out to security. A bit over the top, since she's so young, but Goodes has Aboriginal ancestry and no doubt understandably feels such insults more keenly than I think reasonable.

Still, he's widely admired, has been showered with almost every prize in footy, and was playing in the Indigenous Round honouring players of his background. What should one girl's abuse matter against all that?

Fredescu

I had some awesome Mexican on the weekend. Real Mexican made by real Mexicans, with free homemade corn chips and chili before you've even ordered.

markot

Banned
Is goodes black enough though Bolt? I need you to tell me! I mean he is black, but not black black. So does that count?

Dead Man

:lol

True, but that opening sentence.

He is an utter clown and deserves nothing but mockery. Yeah, the naming of the girl was too much, as was some of the response, but none of that was Goodes fault, Bolt just wanted to stick it to a darkie.

Clipper

OK, one more edit to this thing. I'm sick of people getting the date legend confused as column headers, so I'm trying something new. EatChildren, feel free to choose whichever you prefer, but I think this one may just work better...

Ah that's good news. When did you order?

'bout 7:30 last night.

You guys are going to love next gen when 'points' are gone.

Already there on PS3/3DS/WiiU. Will be even better if Microsoft and Sony catch up on the "only pay what you're actually spending" deal instead of having minimum amounts you can add. Much prefer a basic, straightforward system like that even if it means MS Funbux sales like these no longer exist.

Omikron

Already there on PS3/3DS/WiiU. Will be even better if Microsoft and Sony catch up on the "only pay what you're actually spending" deal instead of having minimum amounts you can add. Much prefer a basic, straightforward system like that even if it means MS Funbux sales like these no longer exist.

100% agree with you.

Deeku

great stuff clipper! might watch a bit of sony, maybe the direct too.

though i'll most likely just read the rep report here:p

OK, one more edit to this thing. I'm sick of people getting the date legend confused as column headers, so I'm trying something new. EatChildren, feel free to choose whichever you prefer, but I think this one may just work better...

Top work man. I was meant to have Tuesday off, so I would have watched them live, but I've switched to Monday off (until the boss sees it and changes it back I can tell) to hang out with a mate coming up from Melbourne so I'll have to suck it up and read recaps and watch via Twitter at work

This is a really fucking weird article, but then again, it is by Andrew Bolt.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/op...es-not-the-bully/story-fni0ffxg-1226650913020
This is very rude. I wonder at her parents. It's also possibly racist, though she insisted she didn't mean it that way. Whatever, she needed a talking-to.

Christ that was difficult to read. Did Bolt even finish high school? It boggles the mind that people regard him as a journalist, he can barely string together sentences.

Deeku

all you losers with 3ds's better get animal crossing! cos then i'll have at least some reason to go back and play a bit. we can have lame fishing comps and island shenanigans!

Shaneus

You guys are going to love next gen when 'points' are gone.
When my points get converted to dollars that are worth far more than what I paid with reptile's Deal of the Month?

I received three codes today, but there's a fourth I'm waiting for, not sure why it didn't go through. So in the very least, I have 3600MSP for $15. Woo!

Clipper

You only pay what you actually spend on the PS3 as well, provided you are spending more than $10, IIRC. They essentially have a minimum transaction of $10, but any larger amount will transfer exactly.

Yeah, should've read the Ozbargain posts :p

Yeah I did, was hoping they'd be sent out in some vague order, I was wrong.

'bout 7:30

Oh ffs. That was after me haha.

all you losers with 3ds's better get animal crossing! cos then i'll have at least some reason to go back and play a bit. we can have lame fishing comps and island shenanigans!

What a sales pitch. You picked up donkey kong yet?

markot

Banned
How much TV do you guys watch?

Honestly, I watch the 4 corners and media watch sometimes, although I watch it half the time on iview... sometimes I watch eggheads.. and thats about it >.< the rest is done on the computer. And even then, 95% of it is old stuff, outside of the daily shows and mythbusters.

Hell, since the Office went crap and Dan Harmon left Community and 30 rock finshed, I dont even torrent much anymore.... LEGALLY OF COURSE.

Even when its 'oh theres nothing to do' and I used to plop on the tv, now I just watch something on my computer, online... etc...

Hell recently the thing ive been watching the most is RedLetterMedia stuff >.< (I love all their stuff, well their review stuff, havent watched their movies)

Its sort of like TV thought that it could get by somehow while music, newspapers and magazines and shit had to adapt, but its really in pretty bad shape.

Hell magazines are pretty redundant even online, 99% of the time they are the same damn thing just in a pdf..... really taking advantage of the medium fellas!

30Rock_Sinned_Buscemi-560x471.jpg

jambo

Quite a lot actually, off the top of my head:

- The Daily Show
- The Colbert Report
- Good Game
- Dirty Jobs
- Top Gear
- Horizon documentary series
- All David Attenborough documentary series
- Who Do You Think You Are
- James Mays Man Lab
- Mythbusters (mostly repeats though)
- Game of Thrones
- AFL matches
- AFL 360
- AFL On The Couch
- AFL League Teams
- AFL Open Mike
- Cricket
- Darts

And the usual Simpsons (old only), Family Guy(old only), American Dad and Futurama and repeats

senahorse

Top work man. I was meant to have Tuesday off, so I would have watched them live, but I've switched to Monday off (until the boss sees it and changes it back I can tell) to hang out with a mate coming up from Melbourne so I'll have to suck it up and read recaps and watch via Twitter at work

You know the Monday is a public holiday?

edit: TV, if you're talking FTA/Cable etc, not even 1 hour per year, unless it's something like Olympics, World Cup etc. We have started watching a fair bit of netflix content when we go to bed though.

markot

Banned
I havent even watched Game of Thrones since the end of season 1 >.<;

Those dragons annoyed me, their just a super saiyan plot device in the got universe so you kinda know whats gonna happen...

Deeku

What a sales pitch. You picked up donkey kong yet?
have you played an animal crossing before? you fish, catch bugs, dig fossils, buy furniture, pay off house, pick weeds, talk to animals, write letters, hang out in a forest, etc etc.

i probably won't get donkey kong. i actually just ordered luigi's mansion and
new super mario bros 2
cos my 25% off p-a coupon was about to expire. stupid coupon restrictions, combined value needed to be >$60, had to be 24hrs in stock and released at least 30 days ago:/

Bernbaum

My G75 arrived! Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Windows is loading and doing it's first time start up thing.

Impressions:

- Holy fuck it's huge.​

Impressions end.

aww nice! i was tempted to import the jp one at the time but couldn't justify the cost. definitely the best limited xl.

I hadn't actually planned on getting it to start with (was gonna just get the game itself and maybe see what they did in terms of XL bundles for Pokemon come October) but the SD card reader in my launch 3DS giving up the ghost has kinda forced my hand.

The Charizard one that was only available through lottery at the Japanese Pokemon Center stores is probably my favourite special edition XL, but the Animal Crossing poptart is a close second (and the best of the generally available ones).

Shaneus

Yeah I did, was hoping they'd be sent out in some vague order, I was wrong.
I'm still wondering what happened to my first order (that I never thought went through, where my address was in a state that had taxes. I can't remember what address I had it sent to :/

Honestly, I watch the 4 corners and media watch sometimes, although I watch it half the time on iview... sometimes I watch eggheads.. and thats about it >.< the rest is done on the computer. And even then, 95% of it is old stuff, outside of the daily shows and mythbusters.

Hell, since the Office went crap and Dan Harmon left Community and 30 rock finshed, I dont even torrent much anymore.... LEGALLY OF COURSE.

Even when its 'oh theres nothing to do' and I used to plop on the tv, now I just watch something on my computer, online... etc...

Hell recently the thing ive been watching the most is RedLetterMedia stuff >.< (I love all their stuff, well their review stuff, havent watched their movies)

Its sort of like TV thought that it could get by somehow while music, newspapers and magazines and shit had to adapt, but its really in pretty bad shape.

Hell magazines are pretty redundant even online, 99% of the time they are the same damn thing just in a pdf..... really taking advantage of the medium fellas!

30Rock_Sinned_Buscemi-560x471.jpg

Yeah I don't watch much tv on tv anymore.
The Checkout (but I forget a lot and watch it on iview)
mediawatch (but forget a lot)
Q&A (but forget a lot) and it kind of lost the magic a long time ago except for the special episodes without any MPs or just the PM or something. Having a pollie from both major parties every episode just turns it into a shitfight.

TV shows I watch week to week include Game of Thrones, Community (more a watching it to the bitter end thing than enjoy it), Workaholics, The League, The Newsroom. can't think of anything else. Oh and the graham norton show luul
I'm in the middle of a very slow rewatch of Friday Night Lights. (up to Season 3)

Been watching a lot of films in my spare time instead lately.

I havent even watched Game of Thrones since the end of season 1 >.<;

Those dragons annoyed me, their just a super saiyan plot device in the got universe so you kinda know whats gonna happen...

It's fantasy brah, magic is par the course.

Jintor

Hmmm.

Daily Show/Colbert (but through some mozilla thingy that allows me to spoof IP viewing from the States to defeat region lock)
Animuz (Crunchyroll)

That's... about it. I've been watching nonsensical amounts of GiantBomb and VGCW though.

I don't watch anything on an actual TV except SBS/ABC news and Blu Rays.

Top Bottom