• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

So Fairfax is putting up a pay wall, wonder how that will affect their readership.

Every newspaper website in the country will have a pay wall in the next few years. Most will have NY Times style soft pay walls so you can read like 10 stories a month or so and then you have to pay. So it probably won't do much to readership.

100% of the studio won't be working on the DFA right now. The people who will lead into pre-production on this title will be free from their commitments on other titles.

Yeah i still don't know how my post about a second teams game lead you to believe i didn't realise there would be a second team making the second game announced by the second team.

Shaneus

Your Friday is now better.
Edit: Holy fuck, how long has there been a Dreamcast SD card adapter for?!? I would setup my DC again if it meant I could store multiple games (my own rips, obviously) on the one device. Seriously, that's fucking awesome.

All I need to do is find a way to get a good signal out of it or for it to let me play non-VGA supported games on it and I'll be over the moon.

WHY DIDNT YOU GUYS TELL ME ABOUT THIS?!?

jambo

Not bad, would probably hold out for a 4GB version, 2GB 'may' be cutting it soon.

Yeah I'm really not sure what to do now.

I was originally waiting for 670 price drop to grab another for SLI.

Thinking I might just stick it out now and get a 4GB 770s and then another when possible.

Two 670s in SLI do hit 60fps in most games, but with new consoles that may change next year...

senahorse

Yeah I'm really not sure what to do now.

I was originally waiting for 670 price drop to grab another for SLI.

Thinking I might just stick it out now and get a 4GB 770s and then another when possible.

Two 670s in SLI do hit 60fps in most games, but with new consoles that may change next year...

I would be surprised if you have issues with ports next year, but I have a habit of being surprised so who knows :)

Stackboy

I doubt I'm going to make PAX Aus anymore. Can't really afford it and after going to the last 2 PAX East's I'm not sure it will have anything that can top that.

senahorse

You would also have the advantage of picking up a cheap second hand card from ocau when new cards come out. Overclocked 780's in SLI give amazing performance, but of course, at a price.

Yeah i still don't know how my post about a second teams game lead you to believe i didn't realise there would be a second team making the second game announced by the second team.
Sorry, I was replying to this part, I should have quoted them separately.

I have to agree with others that getting in on a second kickstarter before the first one is done is a bit meh.

As I wasn't sure if you were implying that they would be cutting resources from the DFA project to go towards this new one.

Otherwise I'm not sure why it would matter when they started the second Kickstarter, inXile did the same thing and you could expect other developers to do the same unless they get a juicy Publisher contract.

apart from you and kritz pretty sure everyone else is solo.
didnt think megas gf was going.
and yeah ausgaf will be ausgaf but no one else is bringing others afaik
I'll be solo, don't think it would really be the wifes kind of thing lol

It did run pretty crap on my laptop that runs Bioshock Infinite and other new games fine.
Walking Dead is a real mess, hopefully their next few games can have a solid engine finally.

Shaneus

Okay, so this sounds a bit rad:
Kotaku Australia's Mark Serrels hosts a panel of games industry veterans Dan Toose (Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE)), Epona Schweer (IndieBits), Trent Kusters (League of Geeks), Chris Wright (Surprise Attack), Martin Slater (Darkstorm), and Morgan Lean (Epiphany Games) to answer these questions.

The 'Games can be anything' panel will feature at PAX Australia on Friday, July 19 at 2:30pm in the Wombat Theatre.
I might cosplay as Serrels and just walk around holding a massive hamburger with both hands and speaking in some indistinguishable, ancient language.

What's a good site for preowned consoles? I don't trust EB with their "You may get a shitty controller, not our fault" policy and I don't try Ebay because for all I know, what's shipped to me will only be half working...

Top Bottom