• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Jintor

Crunchy doesn't have ads if you're paying. It's why I subscribed - I didn't feel like sitting through 1.5 min long ads when I was watching 3 min minishows.

Bought some whisky rocks from Dan Murphy's. Will report on their awesomeness when I use them.

Man channel 9's choice to put the Dogs v Dragons on a Friday night has backfired. Could they have picked two more dull teams this year?

The Intouchables was pretty good if you're cool with foreign films. Funny.
In Bruges is great value if you still haven't seen it.
Attack The Block surpassed my expectations. Fun little zombie action comedy.

Get better soon legend

Rahk

I had a sick day today and still feel crappy. I want to go to my room, eat my pumpkin soup, watch a movie on Netflix and then fall asleep.

AusGAF, what movie should I watch?

Pick it from here: http://www.moreflicks.com/

Netflix only.
http://www.moreflicks.com/titles/movies_the-intouchables_2012
http://www.moreflicks.com/titles/movies_sound-city_2013

I just remembered that I could sign up for that Hulu Plus free subscription.

Ads, what the heck?
http://www.moreflicks.com/titles/movies_my-sassy-girl_2001

Bundles! Look at all those games for a dollar!

The multitude of cheap games is certainly tempting. If I could figure out a decent way to play fps (as well as sitting at a desk) from my couch I'd be pretty much sold on the idea.

After the failure that is next generation consoles I don't blame you. I will be joining too. Havent gamed on PC properly in 10 years. Cant wait to be back.

That's also a factor. Haven't given pc gaming a proper go, have bf3 installed on a laptop that I play every now and then but it doesn't really count.

Bernbaum

So tempted to buy a gaming pc.

The gaming laptop I bought last week has been a life changer. Such a fantastic immediate library. I still like to do a regular lap through retail stores to see what's hot, and it's such a relieving feeling looking at the piles of console games and realising "I can play all those games cheaper and betterer". As a console-only gamer from 2008-2013, I've had an immediate turnaround in my attitude to non-handheld gaming since getting this bloody G75: If a game I'm interested in doesn't appear on PC, I get angry and confused.

Having played a few (old) games, Portal 2 is the modern storytelling masterpiece of our times, and Call of Duty: Black Ops is cutscene garbage masquerading as a game.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The gaming laptop I bought last week has been a life changer. Such a fantastic immediate library. I still like to do a regular lap through retail stores to see what's hot, and it's such a relieving feeling looking at the piles of console games and realising "I can play all those games cheaper and betterer". As a console-only gamer from 2008-2013, I've had an immediate turnaround in my attitude to non-handheld gaming since getting this bloody G75: If a game I'm interested in doesn't appear on PC, I get angry and confused.

Having played a few (old) games, Portal 2 is the modern storytelling masterpiece of our times, and Call of Duty: Black Ops is cutscene garbage masquerading as a game.

If you happen to use the reddits or even if you don't, There's a good subreddit for game deals. A lot of it tends to be PC stuff throw into the one location.

Helps a bit if you want to see what sort of deals you can get on your new rig.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals

Bernbaum

If you happen to use the reddits or even if you don't, There's a good subreddit for game deals. A lot of it tends to be PC stuff throw into the one location.

Helps a bit if you want to see what sort of deals you can get on your new rig.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals

Holy fuck I'm buying the Walking Dead on the Humble Indie sale!

EDIT: Everything needs to be on Steam. IF a game I want isn't on Steam, it wrecks havoc on my OCD brain. I am interested in retail games, but only if they give me a code that gives me the game on Steam. I downloaded EA's Origin, because I heard it was like Steam, but is in fact, nothing like Steam. I bought Alan Wake: American Nightmare, today (on Steam).

Once again though I'm hunting for a cheap PS3 that isn't the cheap looking and expensive new model. Anyone know of a place that's trustworthy that might have the slim on clearance or second hand?

I just see that list of fighters and drool, I've been watching KoFXIII videos all week :/

Omikron

Holy fuck I'm buying the Walking Dead on the Humble Indie sale!

EDIT: Everything needs to be on Steam. IF a game I want isn't on Steam, it wrecks havoc on my OCD brain. I am interested in retail games, but only if they give me a code that gives me the game on Steam. I downloaded EA's Origin, because I heard it was like Steam, but is in fact, nothing like Steam. I bought Alan Wake: American Nightmare, today (on Steam).
Walking Dead is awesome.

I am back on the CivV wagon. It hurts good.

lol EA Season passes going free

I downloaded EA's Origin, because I heard it was like Steam, but is in fact, nothing like Steam.
PHaaOQP.gif

WHO TOLD YOU THAT?

Once again though I'm hunting for a cheap PS3 that isn't the cheap looking and expensive new model. Anyone know of a place that's trustworthy that might have the slim on clearance or second hand?

Hit up Target see if they have clearance stock. Been between $150-200 so far in some places.

Can also get the Slim bundle for $150.

Otherwise JB/EB have bundles with the new Slim model for $328/358 depending on games you want, 500GB HDD.

jambo

Such a shitty night.

Back room is half flooded after the rain and I can't use my new GTX 670 because I can't find my modular PSU cables.

Out at a gig now, hopefully that helps

Dead Man

Such a shitty night.

Back room is half flooded after the rain and I can't use my new GTX 670 because I can't find my modular PSU cables.

Out at a gig now, hopefully that helps

Is your roof leaking and you are stuck at work? No? Hush then. But yeah, too much rain today.

Well it's flooding right under my entertainment unit with the TV, Amp, Foxtel, PS3, 360, Wii and Raspberry Pi so....
Well, that's not good. No. Not at all. Nope, not even a little. Nuh uh, not a bit.

Why is flooding inside your house? That's outside water and should be encouraged to remain so.

Little dude has been up since 3:30am crying. Has a cold and just projectile vomitted up an apple and 2 pieces of peanut butter toast. Did a great job throwing up into a bucket! Pretty much zero complaints about it too, afterwards said, "Oooooooooooooo That feels better!". lol

2 of those games are free downloads(and one is a p2w style f2p game), maybe the codes have some dlc? Still a pretty great deal just for the memory, lbp and wipeout although an 8g card will probably max out downloading all that.

Yeah very strange bunch, seems like Sony were thinking of ways to sell more memory cards and just threw together a cheap/easy bundle for themselves.

I know the marketing is to get people onto the DD store but it is still funny that they have the flag stickers considering the region locked memory cards.

Hopefully this is a sign that they are looking at more ways to bring down the cost of consumers getting the memory cards.

Omikron

Damn, wish we had such control over the puke :p

Taking him to the docs today as it has hung around too long, although pretty sure not much they can do for a virus ;)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Uploading the musics to the googles, Dunno why to be honest but I felt like it at 5am in the morning.

It's good that they check their servers and add it that way, Saves you having to potentially upload every single track you have.

Yeah very strange bunch, seems like Sony were thinking of ways to sell more memory cards and just threw together a cheap/easy bundle for themselves.

I know the marketing is to get people onto the DD store but it is still funny that they have the flag stickers considering the region locked memory cards.

Hopefully this is a sign that they are looking at more ways to bring down the cost of consumers getting the memory cards.

They're all sony published games i think (8 of em definitely are at least), seems like a pack to try make it more appealing to kids/parents.

Bernbaum

Is there a word in any language that captures the emotion felt when a Steam game purchased at a heavily discounted price is suddenly available at an even more generous discount?

It can even apply to a game initially discounted from $10 to $5 suddenly being available for $2.50.

That extra $2.50 can spent on so many other things (such as additional Steam games).

Dead Man

Is there a word in any language that captures the emotion felt when a Steam game purchased at a heavily discounted price is suddenly available at an even more generous discount?

It can even apply to a game initially discounted from $10 to $5 suddenly being available for $2.50.

That extra $2.50 can spent on so many other things (such as additional Steam games).

I don't know, but a lot of American stores have price protection guarantees against it, which always amuses me.

Bernbaum

evlcookie that Reddit thread is awesome.

Two games high on my PC gaming want list have since been picked up. I paid $10 for the Telltale Humble Bundle and got Walking Dead plus a bunch of other Telltale stuff, essentially completing my Telltale collection, and I got Arkham City: GOTY for $6 from GMG.

Top Bottom