• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Yowies were fucking shit.

There, I said it.

QXg6o.gif

Shaneus

Puggles? Is that some weird South Australian thing that none of the civilised states had the misfortune to encounter?

Christ, I'm bitter today. Not actually so, I'm just coming up with so many sick burns that I can't let them go to waste.

jambo

Burns?

What burns?

I see no burns.

EDIT: Also Lost Forests were fucking everywhere

High Street
Armadale
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Como Project
South Yarra

Southern Cross Hotel

Knox City Shopping Centre
Knoxfield

Collins Street
Melbourne, Victoria
Australia

Chatswood
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Piccadilly Centre

Mosman Cache
Mosman

Ritz Carlton Hotel
Double Bay

Oasis on Broadbeach
Broadbeach
Surfers Paradise
Queensland, Australia

The Pier Marketplace
Cairns
Queensland, Australia

Forrest Chase Shopping Centre
Perth
Western Australia

City Cross Arcade
Adelaide
South Australia which moved to

The Myer REM Centre
Adelaide
South Australia

They were. They were just plain chocolate with a shitty toy inside. Yowies to Kinder Surprise were what Mega Bloks are to Lego.
No way! The chocolate was delicious and the Yowies were cool as fuck! Boof was a fucking tank! Radical dude!
5074e87f04fce.jpg

Tazos > Pogs
Redemption in the face of Fallout wars, Tazos were also cool as fuck.

I was a kid haha.

I found it at my parents randomly a few years ago in a box full of other 90s crap.

Also my AFX Bathurst racing set and my old LEGO instructions folder.

I don't think I have ever met an attic/barn that didn't have an AFX set laying around in one form or another.

I don't give a shit about Yowies. They always felt like a cynical "kids like this shit but it's foreign shit, they should be buying a true blue, fair dinkum Stryne chocolate-with-toy-in-it" thing.

SPOILER ALERT! FIRST THE LAST OF US REVIEW! LOOK OUT KYLE!

Empire Online said:
The Last of Us is not just the finest game that Naughty Dog has yet crafted and an easy contender for the best game of this console generation, it may also prove to be gaming’s Citizen Kane moment – a masterpiece that will be looked back upon favourably for decades.

5/5 Stars - Unmissable
XWdvm.gif

Deeku

speakin of 90s crap, did anyone else get that weekly magazine/book thing about the human body and build that rad ass human with skeleton and organs n stuff? I also remember building a t-rex with glow in the dark bones in a similar weekly mag with toy thing.

good times

speakin of 90s crap, did anyone else get that weekly magazine/book thing about the human body and build that rad ass human with skeleton and organs n stuff? I also remember building a t-rex with glow in the dark bones in a similar weekly mag with toy thing.

good times

When we moved away from Adelaide my uncle gave me that glow in the dark t-rex, not sure if he collected all the issues or just bought them from a garage sale or something lol

The magazine was pretty sweet though! The stack of them was almost taller than my sister at the time!

I guess Grand Theft Auto 3 is the biggest recent one. Made a fucking huge change to the industry.
World of Warcraft too.
Angry Birds as well, although could have been one before it.

As it stands,
Citizen Kane moment
is a very clunky and confusing term. I get what they're trying to say and I'm fairly certain of what exact phrase they were trying to avoid, but I don't think that was the wording they should have settled for.

Well done, game reviewers.

jambo

For me it goes

Dune 2
Doom
Half-Life
GTA III
WoW
Minecraft

There's probably stuff in other genres, but those were the big ones for me

commissar

I always have difficulty with the "Citizen Kane" of films, let alone games. I remember CK as being a great film, but I don't think I'm familiar enough with the films of the preceding years to really understand the filmic impact it supposedly had.

Anyway isn't half the point that it was lampooning one of the bigwigs at the time yet still managed to get a film release a few years later?
More of a cultural watershed than any real innovation or accomplishment? Right?

I have more appreciation for (and memory of) The Conversation than Citizen Kane to be honest.

Also games. Hi Ausgaf.

Kritz

Banned
Mario 3
Crash 1-3
Roller Coaster Tycoon
Red alert 2
Max Payne 1-2
Halo 1-3
Project Reality
Half Life 2
Team Fortress 2
STALKER
Minecraft

The games that have had a big influence on my life / tastes. Either through extensive playtime or just sheer impact on how I view games as a medium.

Does anyone know if I buy a UK/EU playstation plus card if it will work on a AU psn account?
The cheapest place is ozgameshop but not sure if it's compatible.

lexi

Banned
But we get the same games.
Any idea the cheapest place to buy a PSN+ card then?

AU and EU PS+ is different, isn't that what you're referring to?

The hell, how long have they been the same? >.> I swear they were two separate services at one point. Disregard my earlier comments.

legend166

Hot Fuzz is great but I'll probably be asleep before it ends.

I'm scrolling through and thinking:

Super 8
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
Clear and Present Danger

Top Bottom