• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

SOMEONE HELP MY WALLET
20130530_203856upcqm.jpg

Also that Human Head E3 demo of Prey 2 wasn't a vertical slice apparently

*cries*

SOMEONE HELP MY WALLET
20130530_203856upcqm.jpg

sure. Don't buy it. See, works a treat.

Or if this helps, those toys only work with Skylanders titles and its a form a DRM as they won't work with Disney Infinity and the money goes to activision who are evil, etc.

On that topic, do you wonder how EA's going to copy Skylander?

How much are they a pop out of interest?
I'm glad you asked!

JB have a good picture of them all in one spot.

Alright, for a start you need to buy a Starter pack which comes with the game, a portal that you use to put the figurines in the game (one figure on screen at a time) as well as 3 regular figurines. Sequel too. RRP$79
(come down in price which is great!)
153932_detail.jpg

999900_detail.jpg

You can buy a Portal Owners pack of the sequel, which just gives you the new game and one GIANT figurine. Which is bigger than the other ones.
RRP$59 Otherwise you can buy a Starter pack again.
158391_detail.jpg

Keep in mind that some figurines are exclusive to these packs if you want to collect them all...

Then you can buy Map packs! These come with one new figurine along with 2 power ups and one level figurine. RRP$28
156802_detail.jpg

Then you can buy 3 packs of the regular figurines, which is economical! Although they are preset 3 packs so you just have to hope you don't already have one from buying them on their own. RRP$28
159161_detail.jpg

Which brings us to buying single figurines! RRP$15
159937_detail.jpg

Oh also you can buy GIANT figurines on their own for the sequel. RRP$20
160048_detail.jpg

OG series figurines are compatible with the sequel, not the other way around though (aside from the "improved" versions of the old figurines).

Oh also there are Lightcore special edition versions of figurines which are RRP$18
160069_detail.jpg

These are all compatible with 3DS/WiiU/Wii/PC/360/PS3 versions of the game/portal. Yay!

There are like, 40 figurines for each series plus about 8 map packs with 16 power ups.

tl;dr
capitalism_ho.jpg

Oh also you can buy a iOS version for on your iPad/iPhone.
skylanders-mobile.png

Every figurines also comes with
- Trading Card
- Sticker Sheet
- Code to play online games (kinda Facebook-sh)
- QR code for videos or something (haven't checked)

So it is a pretty sweet deal!

The little guy just uses them as play toys lol

The build quality is surprisingly good!

Also there was an MMO but it shut down this year, think it started in 2011.

Another sequel out later this year;
16 new SWAP Force characters,
16 new Skylanders characters,
8 LightCore™ Skylanders characters,
16 new versions of fan-favorite Skylanders from the previous games, each featuring an all new “Wow Pow” upgrade power.

Gazunta

I just get sad every time I see what they did to Cynder :/

Damn I'm loving the 3DS at the moment. Do we have an AusGAF table of 3DS friend codes or something?

Gazunta

Played it for about an hour, thought it was a real shame that they completely ignored all the story set up we spent two games developing, and got frustrated by the controls. Shame :/

Deeku

Damn I'm loving the 3DS at the moment. Do we have an AusGAF table of 3DS friend codes or something?
yup, playing luigi's mansion at the moment and it's pretty great!

i remember we did some fc swapping back when mario kart hit, then proceeded to play like 2 times:/ animal crossing is out in the west soon so i guess there will be another round of ausgaf fc sharing!

Shaneus

No props to Shaneus for pointing out Skylanders bargains at Aldi? :(
Edit: Public probs. Just checked my phone then.

You want me to head to my Aldi to grab em for ya, reppers?

SOMEONE HELP MY WALLET
Just think: Every dollar Toys for Bob gets is a dollar towards the "Make Star Control 3" fund. Probably.

lol Toys For Bob don't get shit. They also don't even have the 3rd Skylanders contract. HOLY SHIT, JUST LIKE KROME WITH SPYRO

HISTORY IS REPEATING ITSELFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Played it for about an hour, thought it was a real shame that they completely ignored all the story set up we spent two games developing, and got frustrated by the controls. Shame :/

How come you guys didn't do the 3rd one?

Ah, found an interview on Christian Gaming (wtf) with a producer

C:The Eternal Night had a rocky start when it was released. The game made it through the critics, and into consoles. Did the rocky release of the previous game have any effect on the release of “Dawn of the Dragon”?

M:The entire development of “The Eternal Night” was very hard to endure. Chris (Wilson) and I, along with the team at Krome Studios, had high hopes for what we might be able to accomplish, but there were major budget constraints and we were forced to basically reuse assets from the first game and alter the storyline to account for it. The team at Krome Studios did an incredible and commendable job getting it finished, but in the end, we were all disappointed with the finished product. When we began “Dawn of the Dragon” we had to endure a lot, but we were determined to do whatever we could to make the best game possible. We were really fortunate to have Etranges Libellules on board, because their passion and desire to make a great Spyro game was much needed to refuel our efforts.

EDIT AGAIN: HOLY FUCKING SHIT AT THE COMMENTS
ZrXy8.gif

Bernbaum

I just get sad every time I see what they did to Cynder :/

Gazunta, if you are addicted to puzzle pieces, I can hook you up with Puzzle Pieces.

There is a very good chance that I have one of the most complete set of 3DS Puzzle Piece collections of anyone in Brisbane.

Does someone have that time schedule for E3 that was made by an AusGaffer?

I'm pretty late to the party but did everyone check out that awesome vaccination doco on SBS? It's relevant to me as I'm having a Facebook 'debate' about vaccines with my Wife's uncle and cousin...The uncle is using the AVN as a source... Fuck me...

I'm pretty late to the party but did everyone check out that awesome vaccination doco on SBS? It's relevant to me as I'm having a Facebook 'debate' about vaccines with my Wife's uncle and cousin...The uncle is using the AVN as a source... Fuck me...

Angry Videogame Nerd?

Dead Man

I didn't watch it because I was expecting it to be filled with anti vaccine propaganda that they didn't bother to debunk in the name of being fair and balanced. Was I wrong?

jambo

Well, that's not good. No. Not at all. Nope, not even a little. Nuh uh, not a bit.

Why is flooding inside your house? That's outside water and should be encouraged to remain so.

The back room in the house we're renting was clearly added on afterwards and its a bit flimsy. Thin walls and a flat roof.

We had a guy come and seal it after we had some ceiling leaks, but now there's a bunch of water that seems to have run down the inside of the wall and soaked through.

Electronics seem OK, but power boards and cables were soaked.

Also we have a line fault so no phone and net. Telstra deadline is June 12th...

I didn't watch it because I was expecting it to be filled with anti vaccine propaganda that they didn't bother to debunk in the name of being fair and balanced. Was I wrong?

That was my concern as well but it definitely wasn't the case. They were as fair as they could be given one 'side' is incredibly well supported by scientific evidence and the other is...well....

Check it out here
http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/vide...ove-Fear-And-Vaccines?utm_source=Lead-Marquee

Danoss

I didn't know it was on, watching it on the SBS site now.

That baby with whooping cough breaks my heart, I'm not even the parent and I was very close to tearing up watching it.

Edit: There was another story about a young girl that is many times worse. A great documentary and it couldn't have been any more balanced.

Dead Man

The back room in the house we're renting was clearly added on afterwards and its a bit flimsy. Thin walls and a flat roof.

We had a guy come and seal it after we had some ceiling leaks, but now there's a bunch of water that seems to have run down the inside of the wall and soaked through.

Fucking Telstra. Clowns. Glad your electronics were okay, I moved my TV to the kitchen to get it away from the leaks I had. Happily my roof only leaked into the pre positioned buckets and not anywhere new while I was at work, so that's nice. Still, already been up twice this year to try and fix the leaks, don't think I can be arsed doing it again.
That was my concern as well but it definitely wasn't the case. They were as fair as they could be given one 'side' is incredibly well supported by scientific evidence and the other is...well....

Check it out here
http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/vide...ove-Fear-And-Vaccines?utm_source=Lead-Marquee

Will do, cheers.

Gazunta

Ah, found an interview on Christian Gaming (wtf) with a producer

EDIT AGAIN: HOLY FUCKING SHIT AT THE COMMENTS
ZrXy8.gif

Oh yeah NOW I remember why I don't miss working on Spyro at all, phew!

Gazunta, if you are addicted to puzzle pieces, I can hook you up with Puzzle Pieces.

There is a very good chance that I have one of the most complete set of 3DS Puzzle Piece collections of anyone in Brisbane.

I have yet to street pass with anyone! I am gonna street all the passes at AusPAX awww yeah

But you know I'm always up for catching up the next time you're bored in West End.

Fredescu

Any ausgaffers built their own NAS, or have a HP Microserver? I'm a bit sick of prebuilt NAS enclosures now, I want something that runs Windows and uses fuck all power.

Danoss

Any ausgaffers built their own NAS, or have a HP Microserver? I'm a bit sick of prebuilt NAS enclosures now, I want something that runs Windows and uses fuck all power.

I got an old mate of mine to build one, he loves it. He put ESXi on it and runs a couple of different things on it and it runs great. Extra RAM in there did the trick to help that along, but it really couldn't be better. For the price of one of those HP things, you can't beat it.

Deeku

I don't believe we have such a document, but people can feel free to add me if they want. I don't really play online or letterbox a whole lot but still!

4725-7981-1321

1375-8571-8610 and 0774-4271-3438. i've added you on both, i'm never online either but i guess we can do some AC when it's out!

Glad to hear everything is okay, jambo. I hope the landlords fix it properly this time and that Telstra gets everything back before then.

Good lord I hate utility deadline dates.

Hungry Jackass. Ordered a vege whopper for my mom, she took 2 bites and found the taste funny. I checked and there was a beef patty inside instead of a vegetable one.

Shaneus

I was a bit slow on the ol' uptake. However I do somehow manage to remember my @start.com.au email address and password. Beat that.

Top Bottom