• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Rlan

Is there an AusGAF DOTA league? I've been playing DOTA2 for ages, but I just do random matches. Would be nice to join more gaffers.

Hey Rlan! My son wants to play fishing on my Android, what's the beef?

Currently playing Just Dance 4 with the nieces/nephew, hilarious to watch lol

Fogz

Is there an AusGAF DOTA league? I've been playing DOTA2 for ages, but I just do random matches. Would be nice to join more gaffers.

AusGAF Steam chat is where all the DOTA addicts hang out and do whatever it is that DOTA addicts do. Play DOTA probably.

Shaneus

Local DSE are terrible for deals since the fired the games guy with the big shakeup last year, Skylanders stuff has been $20 in the tub which was meant to be $2 or $5 for multi packs.

Has been pay what you want for a while now.
Serious question: Skylanders as a game... what is it? Is it something I could get a kick out of if I find it cheap?

Serious question: Skylanders as a game... what is it? Is it something I could get a kick out of if I find it cheap?
Very very very basic kids God of War. Very very basic.

If you enjoy an empty wallet and collecting figurines it is pretty cool. Better than anyone expects.

Rezbit

Although I have played 40 hours of Avatar The Game so maybe I am forgiving lol.

a2ytrd2ysk2pruyo.gif

Watched all the new Arrested in one day. Really enjoyed it. Maybe not up to its glorious past, but still better than almost every other comedy on TV now.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Watched all the new Arrested in one day. Really enjoyed it. Maybe not up to its glorious past, but still better than almost every other comedy on TV now.

I should probably get around to watching an episode of the show since I never got around to it.

Does it take a few episodes to get into the show?

I should probably get around to watching an episode of the show since I never got around to it.

Does it take a few episodes to get into the show?

Its the type of show with a lot of ongoing jokes. I remember watching the first episode and thinking it was just ok, but I watch it now and its gold. But I was hooked after the first few.

Shaneus

Also Shaneus, I hate you so I have kept forgetting to tell you about Ocean City Racing which you may be interested in. Been meaning to tell you about it for like a month now :/
Why hate me? You're not Jase. And I told you about the Skylanders yesterday! Did that mean nothing to you?!?

Also, Jesper Kyd did the music for the trailer of it, which is cool. He scored Sub Terrania, all bar the recent Hitman and Assassin's Creed games, too. And Darksiders 2?

Why hate me? You're not Jase. And I told you about the Skylanders yesterday! Did that mean nothing to you?!?

Look, it is nice and everything but I have tabs. And the tabs rule must be upheld. No information from tabs after the proceeding tabs can be distributed until the former tabs are dealt with.

I'm way too slight drunk to detail this right now :/

Just enjoy the OCR!

Shaneus

Look, it is nice and everything but I have tabs. And the tabs rule must be upheld. No information from tabs after the proceeding tabs can be distributed until the former tabs are dealt with.

I'm way too slight drunk to detail this right now :/

Just enjoy the OCR!
I... what? Tabs?

Optical Character Recognition?

Get a hold of yourself, man.

Pandemic

Already confirmed to be 2013 for Europe so I would be 70% sure it will be 2013 for here too.

Also Sony have already been out saying it won't require internet at all.

Oh okay, sweet. Really hope it's out here in 2013. Reckon the price will be a little more, or the same as the PS3 launch price for Aussies?

Dead Man

Oh okay, sweet. Really hope it's out here in 2013. Reckon the price will be a little more, or the same as the PS3 launch price for Aussies?

Has to be less than the PS3 launch price. Current US PS3 price is not that far off the Aussie price I think, the dollar is still pretty damn strong, and that launch price damn near killed them.

Cheaper. Would expect $500 AUD. Sony are desperate to avoid the issues of the PS3 launch.

Hoping for $400. :)

I reckon $650-700, but maybe I'm just a pessmist.

Pandemic

Good points. Hopefully they won't struggle for stock though. I didn't purchase the PS3 on release, since it was expensive as shit, but did they have stock problems when it was released in AU/worldwide?

Anything more than USD$500 would mean a huge hit to sales.

Good points. Hopefully they won't struggle for stock though. I didn't purchase the PS3 on release, since it was expensive as shit, but did they have stock problems when it was released in AU/worldwide?

Stock was okay I think, they made it sound like it was low (like the infamous "I will give anyone who finds a PS3 on the shelves $1000") but it was just because it sold like shit and Sony was losing tons of money per console.

They have been manufacturing for a while now, I don't see why they would have stock issues in this day and age with such regular/mediocre components.

Omikron

I'm having a day off today. I feel a little guilty but I really needed a day off.

Always a good idea if you are feeling worn down.

I am back at work after 2 days off last week sick. Hard to get motivated.

One thing to do when sick is have nice food, makes you feel good... so here you go AusGAF, a food post!

Saturday night: Lamb backstrap, red wine sauce, roasted veg/asparagus

Sunday lunch: Burgers at a local burger place. Really nice.

Sunday dinner: Broccoli, Cauliflower and Leak soup.

Someone needs to nail down these predictions so we can see how we all did when the actual price is released.

I'm going for A$699 for PS3 and A$649 for Xbox One

The cost of the more expensive ram in the PS3 vs the cost of the Kinect mean it could be a reversed situation but I feel that's what we'll get.

When they price the thing for here, they won't take the current exchange rate into account, they'll hedge based on what they think the exchange rate will be. If they think it'll stick around 85c for a while, they'll price based on that, then add australia tax.

A $700 PS4 would still be historically cheaper than any other PS launched in Australia. And since the last two xboxes were both $650 at launch, a $650 X1 wouldn't look two skewed.

One thing is certain, If sony matches the DRM/USed thing, MS can't afford to be the more expensive console.

/speculation

teekun

$900 or more if I remember correctly.

Whoever says PC gaming is more expensive obviously isn't Australian.

Fuuuuuuuck that. I was here when the PS3 was still $900 or whatever, but I had no idea they had pushed the PS1/2 for the same ridiculous prices. I bought a PS2 a few weeks after it launched and I remember US$300 feeling like a huge investment.

Dead Man

I'm having a day off today. I feel a little guilty but I really needed a day off.
Mental health is still health. Take that day and don't feel guilty.
Always a good idea if you are feeling worn down.

I am back at work after 2 days off last week sick. Hard to get motivated.

One thing to do when sick is have nice food, makes you feel good... so here you go AusGAF, a food post!

Saturday night: Lamb backstrap, red wine sauce, roasted veg/asparagus

Sunday lunch: Burgers at a local burger place. Really nice.

Sunday dinner: Broccoli, Cauliflower and Leak soup.
That all looks fucking amazing. Worst thing about being single (well, not the worst worst, but I notice it a lot) is not having anyone to cook for or with. Feels bad, man :(

$900 or more if I remember correctly.

Whoever says PC gaming is more expensive obviously isn't Australian.
Indeed.

Top Bottom