• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

legend166

There was a wave of redundancies at work last week, three guys from my team got let go.

Get into work this morning, and there's a meeting invite from my manager for a 'catch up'. I don't think I'm being let go, but far out don't send out a mysterious meeting invite after a wave of redundancies if you don't want to make someone nervous.

Kritz

Banned
There was a wave of redundancies at work last week, three guys from my team got let go.

Get into work this morning, and there's a meeting invite from my manager for a 'catch up'. I don't think I'm being let go, but far out don't send out a mysterious meeting invite after a wave of redundancies if you don't want to make someone nervous.

for a while I thought you were talking about game of thrones still

jambo

:)

Played a bit of Borderlands 2 over the weekend (actually playing some of that season pass I bought...) and it was kinda fun. Still should be 'fetch quest': The Game.

I played a bit last night in offline mode and I'm having a great time with it.

Currently doing the Sir Hammerlock DLC and having great fun with it, apart from the fact that I'm about 13 levels above every other enemy. The main antagonist is hilarious.

Also the game maxed out with full PhysX is pretty amazing. Whenever you use a toxic weapon there are green pools of liquid flowing and bouncing around everywhere.

Omikron

I played a bit last night in offline mode and I'm having a great time with it.

Currently doing the Sir Hammerlock DLC and having great fun with it, apart from the fact that I'm about 13 levels above every other enemy. The main antagonist is hilarious.

Also the game maxed out with full PhysX is pretty amazing. Whenever you use a toxic weapon there are green pools of liquid flowing and bouncing around everywhere.

Yeah, I am about lvl36 or so I think... which I figure is about right for Hammerlock?

teekun

I wish Borderlands' DLC would give you an idea of what level range it was good for. I got lucky when I did the pirates booty one, because I was at the sweet spot where everything was a nice challenge. Now I've finished the campaign, and I feel like I'm just going to blow through the other DLC without getting much equipment that I'll care about.

Omikron

I wish Borderlands' DLC would give you an idea of what level range it was good for. I got lucky when I did the pirates booty one, because I was at the sweet spot where everything was a nice challenge. Now I've finished the campaign, and I feel like I'm just going to blow through the other DLC without getting much equipment that I'll care about.

Found this...

Campaign DLCs scale to player's level when you first visit them, but with restrictions in Normal. These are:

Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty - levels 15 to 30.
Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage - levels 15 to 30.
Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt - levels 30 to 35.

Stackboy

Found this...

Campaign DLCs scale to player's level when you first visit them, but with restrictions in Normal. These are:

Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty - levels 15 to 30.
Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage - levels 15 to 30.
Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt - levels 30 to 35.

That's good to know. I'm at level 34 after finishing the campaign, which is perfect.

legend166

I didn't get made redundant, huzzah!

To celebrate, I spent the last 30 minutes doing a PC build.

What do you think AusGAF? Any suggestions on things to swap in/out?

eYOOS1F.png

Fredescu

Don't want an optical drive? Maybe put on a CPU cooler since you've got the K and Haswell's are a bit hot when overclocking? Looks fine though.

legend166

I'm using arc.

Is it a better idea to just let him get a 4770? I don't think he's going to be doing much overclocking, it seems like he'd rather spend the money on the i7.

Fredescu

Yeah it can't hurt. Third party CPU coolers can be a bitch to install too, so it would be annoying to go through that effort and have him not use it.

Omikron

I'm not really in the loop anymore but the Coolermaster Hyper 212 were popular and cheap. Which vendor are you using?

Probably not so much with the new CPUs.

Oh really? Interesting, definitely going to hit you all up when it comes to my next upgrade. ;)

Kritz

Banned
For those of you who remember my sheep game, I've started making an extension to it.

I'm prototyping a village building game... thing.

Q builds a hut, E builds a path. Huts won't build if they're too close to another hut. Building more huts spawns more villager balls. Building things 'helps' the AI pathfind 'better'.

Play around with it and see if it's even remotely enjoyable to watch a bunch of spheres plod around on themselves. Development goal is to add resources to build things, and the villagers will require certain things or else they'll run off. Stuff like wood, clay and food, water.

hirokazu

So anybody else look at the new Opal card for NSW transport and get really pissed off at how much you'll get shafted?

I was excited that it was finally happening and one step away from ordering one so I'd be ready when it rolls out to the places I travel to.

But, I pay $1600 per year at the moment to travel to and from work (4 quarterly tickets @ $400 each). Once Opal cards are rolled out, I'd have to pay $1918.86 per year. That's fucking almost $320 more a year to pretty much travel on the piss poor train system! And there had just been a $40 per year price hike on my tickets back in Easter!

They're promoting all these awesome savings on Opal compared to regular tickets, but why the fuck would I care about saving maybe $2 per occasional trip to Bondi or Chatswood and the convenience of not having to buy a ticket when it costs me fucken $320 a year on my regular travel expenses for that privilege?!

For most people who pretty much use the public transport system to get to and from work, they're getting slugged hundreds of dollars a year in a sneaky price hike. The only people who will save money are occasional users of the system, not those who use it regularly throughout the year.

It's so bullshit I'm gonna just stop using public transport and clog up the roads once Opal cards are mandatory. Fuck this shit!

lexi

Banned
We call them 'Go' cards up here in Queensland, and they've been pretty much mandatory for the past few years.

I currently pay about $50 a week for the train. That's $2600 a year.

teekun

Wow, as shitty as Myki is here in Melbourne, at least you don't get shafted on fares unless the system fucks up and overcharges you. I pay about $120 a month for my pass, which works out pretty well. If I wanted to put up cash for a yearly pass, I'd probably save some too, since it includes 40 days worth of free fares on it.

Fred knows what punters want.

Got a call back from the ABC.... didn't get it. It was a pretty positive rejection call though. They said it went to someone who just had more experience, and they really liked me and encouraged me to go for more ABC stuff in the future. So yeah, probably the best turn down I've had.

Omikron

OK so I'm a bit behind here. We just need to draw against Japan to stay in contention, right?

Not quite, a loss doesn't put us out, but it does mean 2 wins are a must in the final two games.

Against: Jordan and Iraq.

We don't want to finish 3rd in the group, that qualifying path is just horrendous.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Wow, as shitty as Myki is here in Melbourne, at least you don't get shafted on fares unless the system fucks up and overcharges you. I pay about $120 a month for my pass, which works out pretty well. If I wanted to put up cash for a yearly pass, I'd probably save some too, since it includes 40 days worth of free fares on it.

zone 1?

I was paying approx 200 a month.. just moved closer to work though so now im paying $0!

Interview rejection letter. fml.

Fred knows what punters want.

Got a call back from the ABC.... didn't get it. It was a pretty positive rejection call though. They said it went to someone who just had more experience, and they really liked me and encouraged me to go for more ABC stuff in the future. So yeah, probably the best turn down I've had.
make sure to write classy letters back thanking them for their time!

Danoss

Interview rejection letter. fml.

They didn't like your comic?

If there are great ways to be turned down, this is one of them. Best of luck with future applications mate!

I was paying approx 200 a month.. just moved closer to work though so now im paying $0!

Private transport now (your feet)?

Fredescu

I also received a rejection letter today.

DSE said:
Dear Valued Customer,

We are writing to advise that due to a system error, we are unable to fulfill your order for the PSP ModNation Racers game you have ordered from us.

We will be refunding you for this purchase. The refund will be with you shortly.

Should you require further details, please refer to clause 4 of our Terms & Conditions.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,
The Dick Smith Team.

Shaneus

The same is mine. Reptile the new Jase confirmed.
Hey hey, let's not say things we can't take back here.

Not redundant, just lazy.

Fred, what's a good CPU cooler to get?
I got this one, which I can highly recommend, but I can't seem to see it on Staticice anymore :(

QbBew2Mm.jpg

Shame, because it's a goddamn beast (hence the name "Macho", I guess). 2550K @ 4.9GHz and it barely breaks a sweat. Can't remember exact temps though :/

Confirmed: Just Jeff and Ryan at the Giant Bomb AusPAX panel.

PAX cancelled
I don't know any of the other guys anyway, so that's cool. Except for the guy with the deep voice who was on Thumbs that time.

teekun

zone 1?

Yup, zone 1. I'm right on the edge. The bus stop right outside my house is zone 2, but the train station 10 minutes walk away is zone 1. Good times!

Confirmed: Just Jeff and Ryan at the Giant Bomb AusPAX panel.

PAX cancelled

I am so fucking there. Only thing I absolutely must attend so far.

Shaneus

Man, not going to PAX is going to be glorious. Fancy people trying to enjoy themselves. Ugh.
:(

It's funny, I only just realised the other week "Why exactly am I going to this again? What is it one does there?". And I still have no idea. Watch a talk or two or whatever, and then what?

I'm gonna be wandering aimlessly around there half the time (if not more), I just know it.

teekun

:(

It's funny, I only just realised the other week "Why exactly am I going to this again? What is it one does there?". And I still have no idea. Watch a talk or two or whatever, and then what?

I'm gonna be wandering aimlessly around there half the time (if not more), I just know it.

I'm in exactly the same boat. I guess I'm gonna poke my head in on some gaming stuff and try some new things?

I said it earlier in the thread but there had better be fucking alcohol I swear to god.

jambo

I'll be doing the following

- Watching various panels
- Playing show floor games (hopefully new Nintendo Wii U stuff)
- Might lose my DnD virginity in the tabletop area
- Trying to see as much Omegathon stuff as possible, especially the final
- Indie Game area
- Pick up some merch
- Go to the Saturday night concert

Top Bottom