• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Someone once asked me tonight, "Reptilescorpio, that bacon has been in the fridge for a while now. Probably best to chuck it in the freezer".

"No!" replied Reptilescorpio.

"That is not how we treat bacon! We do not freeze it away! It must be allowed to breath! So tonight!

We eat bacon!"

So Reptilescorpio cooked up bacon and put it with peanut butter. Between toasted breads.

Fin.

That sounds great ! Bacon and banana is also delicious.

Shaneus

Someone once asked me tonight, "Reptilescorpio, that bacon has been in the fridge for a while now. Probably best to chuck it in the freezer".

"That is not how we treat bacon! We do not freeze it away! It must be allowed to breath! So tonight!

We eat bacon!"

So Reptilescorpio cooked up bacon and put it with peanut butter. Between toasted breads.

Fin.
j8XD6.gif

AND DON'T YOU DARE COME BACK UNTIL YOU HAVE MORE BACON YOU BASTARD

What the fuck.

The other child should to sent to juvie.

Day Care should be named and shamed. What a colossal fuck up. Parents of the other kid should be punished. Severely. How a 2 year old gets like that is beyond my comprehension, even in my line of work.

Considering my 2 and a half year old spends a day a week in day care this story angered the fuck out of me. Thankfully our day care is open plan so accountability is high along with worker/child numbers.

I wouldn't let my son out of my sight anywhere else though.

D158BiT.png

FREEEE Steamcodes. PM me.
Dear Esther
Hotline Miami

Also Shaneus this seems like your kind of site.
Also this.

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?

How can keeping shit anonymous help prevent future occurances once it has been established that fucked up shit did happen?

Fucking story makes me sick.

The local newspaper quashes these kinds of story as they are too "yucky".

Seems like the opposite to what journalists should do. Guess it would only take up too much space that should used for sports coverage.

Dead Man

Gah, so bloody close. Oh well, 1 point will do for now.

Seems like the opposite to what journalists should do. Guess it would only take up too much space that should used for sports coverage.

That is pathetic.

Man, that Game of Thrones episode was
all happy and romantic with soft lighting, smiles and hope for the future, followed by despair and unrelenting horror. It was something that I was unprepared for... and I read the books. Twice.

Stabbing a pregnant woman in the stomach? What. The. Fuck. Mrs Squirrel burst into tears and I had to switch it over to something happy like 30 Rock to cleanse the palate after. It didn't help.

And she'd read the books too.

Anyway, enough about that. I have $64 of credit on the US 3DS eShop and I'm torn. Should I buy Etrian Oddyssey IV or Fire Emblem or Donkey Kong Country Returns? I have half a mind to hold off and play ambassador games until Pokémon and Zelda come out, but EOIV is on sale and FE and DKCR are supposed to be so good :/

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Edge gave the last of us 10/10. Damn son, I might have to purchase that now and it could be the last game I play on the PS3.

But I don't even know if my PS3 works since it's been sitting in a draw for the past 12 months.
I can't connect it to my speakers either.

Ok this has gotten too difficult. I'll just stick to dota.

Dead Man

Enjoy the game deadman? Thought Australia played particularly well.

Where I work has Iraqi clients at the moment, so we watched the Iraq Oman match as well over a dodgy streaming site that we couldn't even read the timer on, certainly is upping the interest for me. I find it a very frustrating sport to watch in a lot of ways, some inherent to the game, others from the way it is played I think. But at it's best it is great to watch.
As for last nigthts game, I don't know enough to say how well Australia played, but damn if those Japanese attackers weren't fast as hell and elusive.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Konami e3 presentation is on Friday, get hyped e3 is nearly upon us!

Looks like I need my old ps2 av adapter to output audio to my speakers, no idea where that is so I probably need to buy a new one.

senahorse

The last possible imitation of sanity has abandoned Australia's National Broadband Network debate, with opposition leader Tony Abbott accused of abandoning his party's “DIY fibre” policy to save Australians from exposure to asbestos.

Which it cannot possibly achieve.

The FTTN-plus-DIY policy was already subject to criticism on the basis of cost to consumers - that it would create a digital divide between those that can afford the cost of a fibre pull and those who cannot.

In the face of the unsurprising discovery that old civil infrastructure in Australia includes asbestos, independent MP Rob Oakeshott has said the Liberal leader plans to abandon even that economic rationalist DIY option.

Abbott told parliament that under his government "pits and pipes "will not be touched" over last 500m," Oakeshott said on Twitter.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06/04/there_will_be_no_ftth_in_oz_abbott/

I don't know where to start here. For one it's part of their proposed policy to allow FTTH connections (if you pay the potential thousands of dollars to do so). Also where does TA propose to put the nodes where pits/ducts aren't within 500M of houses? Is he going to build towers 500M tall so they will not be anywhere near a house? Does he not realise that in a FTTN design fibre still needs to be pulled past...wait for it... HOUSES. The guy is a moron. If you want more insight to how he will run the country just turn to Campbell Newman. Campbell recently came up with an idea to manage public transport congestion during peak hour, rather than take the 750M on offer from the federal government to put towards a cross city rail tunnel, one of his ideas is to put prices up during peak hour :O

If said as Oakeshott puts it (and there is no reason to believe he didn't), it's just another great example to not put any stock into the coalitions NBN 'alternative'.

Dead Man

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/polit...e-national-panic-turnbull-20130604-2nopm.html

Coalition frontbencher Malcolm Turnbull has accused Workplace Relations Minister Bill Shorten of trying to turn the issue of asbestos in NBN work sites into a ''national panic''.

Amid community and contractor concern over the hazardous material, Mr Turnbull has suggested that the government is trying to whip up hysteria on the matter.

''The person that is trying to turn this into a national panic and create needless anxiety and hysteria is Bill Shorten,'' he told the ABC's Lateline on Tuesday.

''What Mr Shorten is doing, is because he wants to divert attention from the government's mishandling of the NBN Co, he's trying to create now this national panic about asbestos.''

Mr Turnbull said that while a large percentage of Australian buildings contained fibro, in most cases, as long as it was not disturbed, there would be no health risk.

The Coalition's communications spokesman rejected the suggestion that the Coalition needed to take some responsibility for the issue, given the Howard government had been aware of asbestos within the Telstra network. He said the size and scope of the issue had changed under Labor.

''The big change with Telstra's asbestos exposure issue came about in 2011 when the deal with the NBN Co was done and virtually every single duct and every single pit, whether it was made out of asbestos containing material or not, was going to be disturbed,'' he said.

Mr Turnbull also pointed to new figures from NBN that show the size of the workforce is set to double over the next 12 months.

Seems like Labor is trying to make people worry about having to work on asbestos sites, and the Libs are saying Labor is crap because they will have to deal with asbestos at Telstra sites. Same old shit. Terrible stratgegy by both parties, and decided lack of truth. Plenty of truthiness though. :/

Labor deserve to die at this point, cannot understand how incapable of defending themselves they are, a 3 year old could talk their way out of a situation better. Just fucking clowns, the lot of them.

Also gaems.

Bundles Stars 8 for $5. Steamcodes.
Section 8
The First Templar Steam Special Edition
Legendary
Dream Pinball 3D
Disciples III: Resurrection
Insecticide
Tropico Trilogy (3 games in 1)
Imperium Romanum: Gold Edition
SpaceChem
Dino D-Day

Play Asia!
Daily Deal
Dragons Dogma Bernbaum Edition on 360 for $28 posted

Weekly
Gears of War: Judgment on 360 for $31 posted
Dead Island Riptide on 360/PS3 for $28 posted

Damn you exchange rateeeeee!

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?

How can keeping shit anonymous help prevent future occurances once it has been established that fucked up shit did happen?

Fucking story makes me sick.

It's not that they're too "yucky", it's that you legally can't identify minors. So that means if the perpetrator's relationship to the victim could ID him/her then they can't be named either.
Edit: I'm stunned they were even allowed in the court. Normally that'd be a closed court and they'd boot everyone out.

Omikron

Where I work has Iraqi clients at the moment, so we watched the Iraq Oman match as well over a dodgy streaming site that we couldn't even read the timer on, certainly is upping the interest for me. I find it a very frustrating sport to watch in a lot of ways, some inherent to the game, others from the way it is played I think. But at it's best it is great to watch.
As for last nigthts game, I don't know enough to say how well Australia played, but damn if those Japanese attackers weren't fast as hell and elusive.

Nice one, football I think is best enjoyed with banter, it is weirdly different to other sports I have found, not sure why exactly.

As for the game, Japan were probably the slightly better side, especially for most of the second half and our goal was incredibly lucky. Reminded me of a goal West Ham scored in the FA Cup final against Liverpool a few years ago... link here (whole thing is probably worth a watch. I am a massive and life long west ham fan and fuck. Crushing)

Japan is quick, but that is kinda made worse by the fact our central defensive pairing are perhaps 2 of the slowest going around... we played quite a deep line against them to prevent any major damage and I thought they did a pretty good job all things told.

Surprising for mine was the fact we actually passed the ball around and made some really good inroads doing so! Was really nice to see instead of just lumping it long to Cahill or something.

Overall pretty good, leaves the table looking like this...

Code:
Team	 MP	W	D	L	GF	GA	Pts
Japan	 7	4	2	1	15	5	14
Oman	 7	2	3	2	7	9	9
Aus	6	1	4	1	7	7	7
Jordan	6	2	1	3	6	12	7
Iraq	 6	1	2	3	4	6	5

It's not that they're too "yucky", it's that you legally can't identify minors. So that means if the perpetrator's relationship to the victim could ID him/her then they can't be named either.
Edit: I'm stunned they were even allowed in the court. Normally that'd be a closed court and they'd boot everyone out.

I don't give a fuck about naming the child, I want the day care named.
They fucked up.
Over a period of years.

My son goes to day care here. What if it is his day care? What if he is being abused and I don't know it?

Isn't it in the publics best interest to know this?

Stackboy

Given its turning into indiefuntime rather than videogame expo people care about i'll likely sell off my friday / sunday tickets.

so form a queue

Can you resell your tickets? I thought the tickets were tied to your name?

PAX isn't E3. And I'm okay with that. I'm going for the culture not the pimping.

I will buy a ton of merch though!

PAX is about community. Really interested to hear about how Australia does it.

We eat bacon!"

Fin.

I await the next episode of "Rep's bacon adventures".

Edge gave the last of us 10/10. Damn son, I might have to purchase that now and it could be the last game I play on the PS3.

I have next week off for E3 and it's out on that Thursday. Excite!

Bundles Stars 8 for $5. Steamcodes.

Will capitalize.

I don't give a fuck about naming the child, I want the day care named.
They fucked up.
Over a period of years.

My son goes to day care here. What if it is his day care? What if he is being abused and I don't know it?

Isn't it in the publics best interest to know this?

Oooh, right. Yeah I can't see why they couldn't be named. Good point

The two children are damaged for life and need a hell of a lot of support to stabilise them, the parents of the attacking child should be put under the spotlight too.

I await the next episode of "Rep's bacon adventures".

Will capitalize.

I had planned on waking up at a proper time and cooking up a sexy bacon/egg/shrooms/tomato combo but sadly I get a decent sleep in for once! What are the odds!

Also check out their old bundles as I think one is still up (another finished up last night though sadly).

Fredescu

the parents of the attacking child should be put under the spotlight too.

Eh, not necessarily. If the childcare was allowing it to happen, it's probable that they didn't even tell the parents how their kid was acting or didn't try to correct it or whatever. No need to jump to conclusions. Kids act completely different around other kids than around their parents.

Dead Man

So, does anyone know of a decent online savings account at the moment? I got a small bit of money that I need to park for a few months, but I will need access to it a couple times with short notice, so a term deposit is out. Anyone use one that's not rubbish?

Labor deserve to die at this point, cannot understand how incapable of defending themselves they are, a 3 year old could talk their way out of a situation better. Just fucking clowns, the lot of them.
Yep. Classic case of good policies (sort of, maybe, half the time lol) but utter inability to sell themselves. Drives me mad. I want them to lose so they hopefully learn a thing or two, but a term or two of Abbott will crush me.
Yeah, like Rep, I'm not wanting the people named, but the centre.
Nice one, football I think is best enjoyed with banter, it is weirdly different to other sports I have found, not sure why exactly.

As for the game, Japan were probably the slightly better side, especially for most of the second half and our goal was incredibly lucky. Reminded me of a goal West Ham scored in the FA Cup final against Liverpool a few years ago... link here (whole thing is probably worth a watch. I am a massive and life long west ham fan and fuck. Crushing)

Japan is quick, but that is kinda made worse by the fact our central defensive pairing are perhaps 2 of the slowest going around... we played quite a deep line against them to prevent any major damage and I thought they did a pretty good job all things told.

Surprising for mine was the fact we actually passed the ball around and made some really good inroads doing so! Was really nice to see instead of just lumping it long to Cahill or something.

Overall pretty good, leaves the table looking like this...

Code:
Team	 MP	W	D	L	GF	GA	Pts
Japan	 7	4	2	1	15	5	14
Oman	 7	2	3	2	7	9	9
Aus	6	1	4	1	7	7	7
Jordan	6	2	1	3	6	12	7
Iraq	 6	1	2	3	4	6	5

See, that's how much I don't know :) Didn't know any of that. But yeah, it certainly is better with people.

lexi

Banned
I'll probably watch Origin.

To be fair, it's the only sport-related thing I watch.

but a term or two of Abbott will crush me.

A term or two of Abbott would crush many things. Decent broadband infrastructure, LGBT rights, public broadcasters, Medicare, it goes on.

Danoss

What everyone else said. Last years Origin series was anything but boring.

Of course I'll be watching it tonight, I'm just a little disappointed I won't be at the game. Goddamn the atmosphere of Origin at ANZ Stadium is incredible, it's almost deafening at times and you can't help but smile at how wonderful it is.

legend166

Hopefully Queensland win so I can continue to taste the salty tears of Phil Gould and co.

Also, I bought the Humble bundle this morning. That's a lot of games. And I didn't own a single one of them prior, so that's good.

Deeku

Anyway, enough about that. I have $64 of credit on the US 3DS eShop and I'm torn. Should I buy Etrian Oddyssey IV or Fire Emblem or Donkey Kong Country Returns? I have half a mind to hold off and play ambassador games until Pokémon and Zelda come out, but EOIV is on sale and FE and DKCR are supposed to be so good :/
FE definitely. Not sure if you'd like EO4, it's grindy, kinda "hardcore" dungeon crawler i guess, there's basically no story or anything so it's mostly about building a party and going through dungeon mazes wizardry style. has killlller music though!

Who's a good ISP? I will be setting up internet for my parents soon. I'm with internode but their new plans don't look very good up against my current plan $60 for 150GB compared to $60 for 60GB for new services.

Brisbane southside and no NBN for a while

Top Bottom