• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

I meant to chime in on this topic earlier. In the article, I recall it mentioned that the victimised child was demonstrating anger and such.

I saw a documentary of a child who was the victim of sexual abuse at a very young age and ended up being adopted by another family. She started showing violent tendencies beyond most peoples imagination of a child so young. The documentary is in full on YouTube and it's absolutely worth watching, but I warn that it is disturbing (nothing bad is depicted, but the events are discussed and that is more than enough).

The documentary: Child of Rage
Mannn that was a wild watch. :(

Mirrors edge 2, exclusive to xb1. Ew.

(According to choc)
Also to contribute properly, GAF had already pointed to this a week or so ago. Insiders are saying 12 month exclusive, some are saying it uses Kinect which is really odd since while pimping Battlefield 4 DICE have been badmouthing Kinect/Move/Motion stuff. Although DICE have proven themselves to be full of shit in the past anyway I guess.
Even going back last year ex-employees at EA were saying it was in development, I would expect it for Xbone launch or very close to.

Jordan what what?
THE ONE THE ONLY

Danoss

Hayne draws first blood. UP THE BLUES!

Mannn that was a wild watch. :(

Glad someone watched it. A great documentary but it is indeed difficult to watch. It's amazing how much such early experiences in life can have such a large impact, sadly this is the worst end of the spectrum.

Alright, now after that it is time to laugh! Mel Brooks Blu Ray Collection! $32 posted!

Disc 1: The Twelve Chairs
Disc 2: Blazing Saddles
Disc 3: Young Frankenstein
Disc 4: Silent Movie
Disc 5: High Anxiety
Disc 6: History of the World - Part 1
Disc 7: To Be or Not to Be
Disc 8: Spaceballs
Disc 9: Robin Hood: Men in Tights

Also Omi some interesting stuff being floated around about Xbone in here. Odd that the insiders who usually shirk away from people noticed have come out of the woodwork and allowing people to start threads based on their intel at the moment. All of the quoted posters are people I have quietly noted down on a textfile over the years as being on the money more than you would expect.

Also anyone want a Dear Esther steamcode?!?

Jintor

Choc is all down with the hint dropping on tweeter. Well, not so much hint dropping as "HAHA I'M GOING TO STATE THIS AS FACT LET'S SEE NEXT WEEK"

Looking it up, seems one of the discs in that set is region locked and another few are untested. I don't have a region free BR player, only DVD. Bummer.

Looking it up, seems one of the discs in that set is region locked and another few are untested. I don't have a region free BR player, only DVD. Bummer.

Wait really? I checked Blu-Ray and it said region free
:(

EDIT: Aww fuck they don't say that on the main page only in the separate tab and only in the comments? LAMERS!
All films appear to be region free, except for Young Frankenstein which is sadly region A locked.
Young Frankenstein is awesome too.

Danoss

Gallen was lucky he didn't get sent off for that, let alone 10 in the bin. Holy shit it's amazing how neither of those things happened.

Shaneus

Yeah. Thinking about going it anyway, it's still a great price even if one of the discs is a coaster.
Man, drop an extra hundo (which is what the set would be worth anyway IMO) and buy a cheapo multi-region from JB. I bought one myself and for my folks as well, and while it's obviously of the same build quality as your old $50 DVD players, it plays BR discs from all regions! Can't remember the model, but shouldn't be too hard to track down :)

isoquant

Gallen was lucky he didn't get sent off for that, let alone 10 in the bin. Holy shit it's amazing how neither of those things happened.

Comes in for a cheap shot with a swinging arm, then punches him square in the jaw. What a grub. The things you get away with when you're NSW captain...

Cronk should have been binned and there has been like 4 spear tackles not even penalised. Strange refereeing this game.

QLD looking reallly old. It's going to be interesting the next few years, our forwards are so young and we have some great young talent. QLD have some searching to do in the next few years i think.

Shaneus

Lunar Flight on PC is RUINING MY LIFE.
Never heard of it before, but it sounds exactly like the game I've wanted ever since I played Kerbal and realised that with my severe lack of attention span, will never get to the good bits like in Lunar Flight.

Can it be had for cheap anywhere (like in a bundle) or is it only the $10 Steam price atm?

That was a game changing decision. That would have been at least 10 in any other game.
Cronk should have been binned and there has been like 4 spear tackles not even penalised. Strange refereeing this game.

QLD looking reallly old. It's going to be interesting the next few years, our forwards are so young and we have some great young talent. QLD have some searching to do in the next few years i think.

Chickens, hatching etc. This second half has been a war. They let it go in the first half, they looked out of it. Queensland's bench, made up of their next gen player (except Parker) were great. Thaiday isn't old. Inglis isn't old. Papallii, McGuire and Kennedy are waiting in the wings forward wise, Barba and DCE in the backs. Queensland will be fine.

But yeah, that second half was far better than the first. Queensland just didn't have the ball or the killer punch. Good win for NSW. How many weeks for Gallen?

Edit: also Cronk deserved binning? Come on man, this isn't the comment section of the Tele

Danoss

Comes in for a cheap shot with a swinging arm, then punches him square in the jaw. What a grub. The things you get away with when you're NSW captain...

... or if you're Sam Thaiday.

Gallen won't be Origin 2 at the least, perhaps even the rest of the series. What an idiot.

All that aside, nice win by the Blues to start off the series. QLD only seemed to turn up in patches, Thurston was struggling and Cronk was unable to pick up the slack (because he's overrated).

also Cronk deserved binning? Come on man, this isn't the comment section of the Tele

That would have been 10 in the bin in any other game.

Really? Report sure, but binning? JT definitely wasn't at his best, maybe that flu is still with him. Still would have been a crazy call to take him out.

Pearce, Inglis, Farah, Boyd, did fuck all I thought. Hodges looked good all game.

Edit: Trent Barrett just handing out beers he opened with his mouth in the dressing room. That's gross dude

Gallen getting a big favor from the refs decided the game, in my opinion. If NSW were 1 man down in that last 20 minutes, QLD could very well have taken it.

Oh well, on to game two. Inglis to number 1.

lexi

Banned
Gallen saw fucking no consequence for punching Miles twice, unprovoked. Neither will he get any consequences at the judiciary, what a fucking joke.

Gallen saw fucking no consequence for punching Miles twice, unprovoked. Neither will he get any consequences at the judiciary, what a fucking joke.

Fistbump.gif

But seriously, NSW deserved to win that. Amazing if you think about it that could have been a two point game had someone been able to make a tackle when Jennings scored.

He's probably looking at a few weeks on the sidelines, should be charges for the swinging arm(reckless tackle?) and then the striking.

lexi

Banned
I do agree NSW was the better side, but things might have been different had Gallen got 10 minutes like anybody else would have.

Kritz

Banned
Brilliant thread title.

Isn't it a little bit elitest that we get our own thread?

Anyways; G ' D A Y

#teamgoodes

A few different regions get their own thread. Unlike them, though, AusGAF is featured in the Gaming Community section, and also unlike the other regional threads, AusGAF is totes awesome.

And 'goodes' isn't a Fallout game.

Bernbaum

So, that Lunar Flight game is only $20 for a four-pack on Steam. That's half-price! Anyone else be in for a fiver? Bern thinks it's rad!

It's the best. Incredibly simple - fly a lunar module around the surface of the moon. Objectives are as simple as that: fly, land, conserve fuel. I foundnd it incredibly finicky at first, but now that it's clicked, I can control my module with confidence.

It makes you think in terms of vectors and the biggest lesson is when you can wrap your head around the concept that your craft will continue in its path of motion regardless of what position you've got it oriented in. Just because you're facing forward doesn't mean you're moving forward.

I play it while listening to podcasts or listening to Clint Mansell's soundtrack to Moon.

Got a spare 75% off coupon for it on Steam for anyone who wants it.

Fuck yeah Lunar Flight!

Never heard of it before, but it sounds exactly like the game I've wanted ever since I played Kerbal and realised that with my severe lack of attention span, will never get to the good bits like in Lunar Flight.

Can it be had for cheap anywhere (like in a bundle) or is it only the $10 Steam price atm?

As much as I like to support Aussie devs (especially ones as awesome as Sean) it wouldn't get any use from me.

I just don't like rocks. Also I'm allergic to space.

Chuffed that it is doing well though critically, word of mouth has been hugely positive.

Omikron

That guy who punched the guy in the face has been offered 2 weeks, 1 with a guilty plea.

a weirdly light penalty? Or is that normal?

I don't get the acceptable levels of violence in rugby

lexi

Banned
That guy who punched the guy in the face has been offered 2 weeks, 1 with a guilty plea.

He'll probably get away with nothing, this is completely normal.

Also, it affects club games. Who the fuck cares about the sharks, offending in Origin should get you penalised in Origin.

Man, drop an extra hundo (which is what the set would be worth anyway IMO) and buy a cheapo multi-region from JB. I bought one myself and for my folks as well, and while it's obviously of the same build quality as your old $50 DVD players, it plays BR discs from all regions! Can't remember the model, but shouldn't be too hard to track down :)

One day. I just use my PS3 for BRD playback at the moment, don't have a standalone machine.

Bit on the collection anyway. Can just download Young Frankenstein until I have something that can actually play the disc.

"If they're not from my team it's a disgrace and they should face the full consequences of their actions, if they are it was just a bit of the ol' biff and you shouldn't be trying to destroy the game by removing it."

How about another Amazon deal? Battlestar Galactica Complete Series on Blu Ray for $46 posted. Includes the 4 seasons and one of the two movies. ALSO IT DEF SAYS REGION DAMN FREE SO BLU-RAY BETTER NOT BE PULLING A JASE ON ME AGAIN.

The fact that he didn't keep punching is incredibly impressive

its a pretty light penalty imo, especially for someone with his record

He's done a pretty good job over the last 2-3 years convincing everyone he is reformed, but Gallen the Grub resurfaced tonight. Fully deserves 4-6 weeks on the sideline with his record but he'll only get enough to ensure he doesn't miss the next Origin game. He's always seemed like the sort of bloke who keeps a book at home that lists all the people he perceives have wronged him and how many times he wants to punch them in the head.

Anyway being from Canberra I don't really go for either team and usually support whoever selects the most Raiders and as a neutral it wasn't the most exciting game of all time. Also, as much as I detest Greg Bird, he was quite good tonight.

How about another Amazon deal? Battlestar Galactica Complete Series on Blu Ray for $46 posted. Includes the 4 seasons and one of the two movies. ALSO IT DEF SAYS REGION DAMN FREE SO BLU-RAY BETTER NOT BE PULLING A JASE ON ME AGAIN.

We're the same Blu-Ray region as the UK anyway (unlike DVD) so even if it was locked it wouldn't matter for this one.

Might order this as well if it's still at that price on Friday. Never really watched the show, I just remember Ten advertising the miniseries that started the reboot with Babylon Zoo's Spaceman.

Chickens, hatching etc. This second half has been a war. They let it go in the first half, they looked out of it. Queensland's bench, made up of their next gen player (except Parker) were great. Thaiday isn't old. Inglis isn't old. Papallii, McGuire and Kennedy are waiting in the wings forward wise, Barba and DCE in the backs. Queensland will be fine.

It's all just postulating at this point, who knows what will happen. I just know that NSW has some friggin incredible young forwards coming through right now. Compared to the likes of Merrin, Fifita, Woods, Tamou the young QLD forwards don't look that hot. I could see both states dominating in the next few years for different reasons but i'm feeling good about our young prospects.

Edit: also Cronk deserved binning? Come on man, this isn't the comment section of the Tele

How was that not a binning? It was a 50 metre line break and he was penalised for holding the player down way too long (he even got binned for the same thing last year). Don't be a condescending dick if you don't know the rules. I can accept him not getting binned but it isn't crazy to suggest it should have been.

Jintor

Well, point. I enjoyed the first ten hours of Human Revolution immensely though and I kind of enjoyed... Hengsha? Whatever that Shanghai hub was, just because they bothered to get chinese voice actors for most of it (even if they were terrible)

New iiNet. Should be ADSL1 at near max speeds. What the hell? Should I say something to someone? :/ Router is configured the same as it was when I was on ClubTelco and I got much higher speeds (~12mbps iirc)

edit: That was on the Internode Melbourne mirror. Just tried optus and got similar numbers.
edit2: I just tried hooking up via Ethernet, since previous was WiFi. What's fucking insane is that I can't access the router via Ethernet, I get a bad request error. AND on top of that, I can't access any websites. The fuck is going on.
edit3: I don't know wtf was happening but I disabled the WiFi on the computer, reenabled it and then NOTHING network related on my computer was working. No ethernet, wifi. Nothing. Then I enable wifi and ethernet at the same time after reconfiguring my router? Works fucking fine. Still slow, but is at least connecting via ethernet now.

woo 0.01kbps!

Top Bottom