• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Jintor

You guys were talking about the new bus vid of the lady in her 50s abusing the asian schoolkid on the bus already, right?

Pisses me off. Pisses me the fuck off. Fuck that lady and her racist bogan bullshit.

FE definitely. Not sure if you'd like EO4, it's grindy, kinda "hardcore" dungeon crawler i guess, there's basically no story or anything so it's mostly about building a party and going through dungeon mazes wizardry style. has killlller music though!
Hmm. I've been playing the demo and I'm not sure I like the draw your own maps mechanic, so you may be right.

Shaneus

As much as I like to support Aussie devs (especially ones as awesome as Sean) it wouldn't get any use from me.

I just don't like rocks. Also I'm allergic to space.

Chuffed that it is doing well though critically, word of mouth has been hugely positive.
Didn't know it was an Australian game. There you go!

You guys were talking about the new bus vid of the lady in her 50s abusing the asian schoolkid on the bus already, right?

Pisses me off. Pisses me the fuck off. Fuck that lady and her racist bogan bullshit.
Nah man, we were all silent in agreement with her. Don't know what the fuck you're thinking.

New iiNet. Should be ADSL1 at near max speeds. What the hell? Should I say something to someone? :/ Router is configured the same as it was when I was on ClubTelco and I got much higher speeds (~12mbps iirc)

edit: That was on the Internode Melbourne mirror. Just tried optus and got similar numbers.
edit2: I just tried hooking up via Ethernet, since previous was WiFi. What's fucking insane is that I can't access the router via Ethernet, I get a bad request error. AND on top of that, I can't access any websites. The fuck is going on.
edit3: I don't know wtf was happening but I disabled the WiFi on the computer, reenabled it and then NOTHING network related on my computer was working. No ethernet, wifi. Nothing. Then I enable wifi and ethernet at the same time after reconfiguring my router? Works fucking fine. Still slow, but is at least connecting via ethernet now.

woo 0.01kbps!
ADSL1 is maximum about what you're getting... I think. Pretty sure that's what I was getting when I was connected via my artificially-limited RIM.

Hey AusGAF, here are some photos. We hired a driver to take us to Essaouira today and (I think) he had to bribe the cops to get out of a ticket but we're not really sure why we were pulled over. At least in Egypt we had the travel papers organised with the police earlier so when their APCs were pointing at us we had the right documents.

Anyway, photos:

Gazunta

Lunar Flight on PC is RUINING MY LIFE.

Didn't know it was an Australian game. There you go!

Brisbane game :) Sean worked on it after hours and even on the commute to and from the office, very cool to see it go from this janky tech demo he'd potter with on his laptop during lunch to this major title. Full credit to him for all the hard work he put in on it.

So guys, I have the day off tomorrow, and the entire day to myself. WHAT DO I DO WITH ALL THIS TIME?! I feel like I'm paralyzed by choice. Aaaaaagh why do I have a bad feeling I'm just going to be staring at the wall all day going I SHOULD DO SOMETHING BUT WHAT

Brisbane game :) Sean worked on it after hours and even on the commute to and from the office, very cool to see it go from this janky tech demo he'd potter with on his laptop during lunch to this major title. Full credit to him for all the hard work he put in on it.

So guys, I have the day off tomorrow, and the entire day to myself. WHAT DO I DO WITH ALL THIS TIME?! I feel like I'm paralyzed by choice. Aaaaaagh why do I have a bad feeling I'm just going to be staring at the wall all day going I SHOULD DO SOMETHING BUT WHAT

you could relax. Sometimes doing nothing is the best thing.

Two former Labor frontbenchers have packed up their Parliament House offices, but deny it is a sign they have given up all hope of retaining their seats at the next federal election.

Alan Griffin and Daryl Melham have told the ABC they have not given up, but have confirmed they have packed up their offices in case they lose their seats on September 14.

Mr Griffin is a former minister and was first elected in 1993. He holds his Victorian seat of Bruce with a margin of more than 7 per cent.

"I'm working to get a good outcome but preparing in case I don't," Mr Griffin told the ABC.

Mr Melham said he was "working his guts out" to keep his seat, but was also being realistic about the Government's prospects.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-06/labor-mps-pack-up-their-offices-ahead-of-election/4736524

That, folks, is what's called throwing in the towel. I've never seen a more self destructive, piss weak Labor government like this before.

Damn Cod, I am so incredibly jealous. Photos look amazing.

How about another Amazon deal? Battlestar Galactica Complete Series on Blu Ray for $46 posted. Includes the 4 seasons and one of the two movies. ALSO IT DEF SAYS REGION DAMN FREE SO BLU-RAY BETTER NOT BE PULLING A JASE ON ME AGAIN.
Hnnng. I just bought a 3DS, I really don't want to spend more money this week... Why is everything on sale!? D:

Wow at all the 10s for the Last of Us.
Not surprised. It's gonna be so good. I've got an 8am exam on the 14th, so the plan is to pick it up afterwards and then play through into the night.

I don't think I have the stomach for any more of those videos, let alone any more threads. It's good these people are getting shamed though. Goddamn it makes me angry.

Stackboy

How about another Amazon deal? Battlestar Galactica Complete Series on Blu Ray for $46 posted. Includes the 4 seasons and one of the two movies. ALSO IT DEF SAYS REGION DAMN FREE SO BLU-RAY BETTER NOT BE PULLING A JASE ON ME AGAIN.

Might jump on this. Love that series.

You should playing some video games.

For those asking, The Last of Us is out June 14 in Australia.

Danoss

Perhaps it has been Jase'd since it seems to be $106.68 posted, unless I'm missing something.

Hey AusGAF, here are some photos.

Love these man, some of those are pretty awe-inspiring.

Can I be a jackhole and suggest something? I will anyway. Just wondering if you're bracketing some of these images, particularly those with a bright sky in them? If not, an extra image underexposed by a couple of stops should help you add a nice gradient to the sky and bring in some detail when you get home.

If you're already doing this, great. I'd assume you're not doing much in the way of image processing on your travels and appreciate seeing these great images. If you don't want to do the above for storage reasons or whatever, that's fine, just a suggestion. Keep us posted mate, it looks like a great trip.

hackdog

Banned
Here's an amazing pic
dh_gallen-20130606075402797985-620x349.jpg

BETTER NOT BE PULLING A JASE ON ME AGAIN.
I don't know what sort of sordid shenanigans you think I'm up for, but I would like to state that I never have, nor foresee myself at any point in the future, being pulled on someone*.

*I will consider offers in the six figures and above price range**.

**The six figures may include decimal places***, depending upon my financial situation.

***Potentially up to five decimal points.

Gazunta

Snuggle up warm in bed with the ipad. Duh.

you could relax. Sometimes doing nothing is the best thing.

You should playing some video games.

Wait, you can PLAY video games instead of just buy them and let them fill your Steam list?

CRAZY TALK...

I have a Google Doc where I track all my side projects, and all the dozens of little tasks that each one of them need...I put so much pressure on myself to do as much as possible with whatever little spare time I have, it's been like that for years now and I dunno if I can just switch off like that for a day...will be interesting to try!

But I have Civ 5 expansion unopened on my desk that my wife bought me...it would be RUDE of me not to play it though, right?

Wait, you can PLAY video games instead of just buy them and let them fill your Steam list?

CRAZY TALK...

I have a Google Doc where I track all my side projects, and all the dozens of little tasks that each one of them need...I put so much pressure on myself to do as much as possible with whatever little spare time I have, it's been like that for years now and I dunno if I can just switch off like that for a day...will be interesting to try!

But I have Civ 5 expansion unopened on my desk that my wife bought me...it would be RUDE of me not to play it though, right?

play the game your wife bought for you. trust me on that one. you can afford to chill otherwise you'll explode in a big smiling ball of hate one day and take a
nerf
gun to work and shoot up the place.
those things smart

you don't need to stress, cambo. As Saddam would say "take a load off, guy."

Omikron

CRAZY TALK...

Dude, take some time and just don't open that doc for a couple days.

Also, if it is Gods & Kings expansion, I highly recommend!

jambo

Brilliant thread title.

Isn't it a little bit elitest that we get our own thread?

Anyways; G ' D A Y

#teamgoodes

Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
How many of your relatives has the Carbon Tax suffocated so far?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Women teh weakest sex in gaeming?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins?
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez?
Any glass eyeballs?
Are you the one delaying all the fucking videogames into 2013 killing 3rd party support for the WiiU?
Are you Mayan or can use Maya?
Curse of Monkey Island is the greatest game of all time.

Shaneus

Brisbane's in Australia :p

So he works/worked in a team with you? Under which dev?\

How do you handle that... spreadsheet? Document? Some other thing?

I need help being orgainsed :(

Deeku

dem codphots:O

shanshan310 said:
Hnnng. I just bought a 3DS, I really don't want to spend more money this week... Why is everything on sale!? D:
did you go with jp unit????!!
Hmm. I've been playing the demo and I'm not sure I like the draw your own maps mechanic, so you may be right.
ha, i forgot about the cartography, even though it's like one of the selling points of the series...it's good that there's a demo though.

lolixs0h.png

lulz, at least it wasn't Choc!
Man, what a shitty day for Xbone. Thankfully the news of 60fps/1080p in Forza (despite saying "resolution is not the thing that maximises beauty") eases the pain.

Doesn't help that MS cancel the Xbone Q&A roundtable, doesn't shout "confident about our plans/hardware"
38441521.jpg

ALSO THIS GIF IS SUNHI-TIER! 5MB though so I'll link.

Insiders are still saying the eSRAM is a huge issue too which unfortunately reminds me that the 360 had quite a few hardware issues

What a fucking mess. Glad that a ton of free games got announced today for the PS4 too. Means I only need to get a second job, not a third! Warframe looks ace, been meaning to try it on PC.

Too much TBA talk for both consoles though. Just fucking admit the situation already.

Ill forgive you for not linking to the cheapest price this once.
Haven't heard much yet, hoping Harvey Norman bring it down around $60!
PN3c5JS.jpg

It wouldn't be GAF without jifs
242906-gallen-gif.gif
THATS ASSAULT BROTHER

Brisbane's in Australia :p

So he works/worked in a team with you? Under which dev?\
Ratbag/Krome/KMM etc, including work on a game you quite enjoyed...

I think that's a case of multiple people with the same name getting jammed into one entry on moby

you want this guy
au.linkedin.com/pub/sean-edwards/0/ba8/863

Yeah I noticed some overlap but the Ratbag title made me think he had done contract work or something on the other titles lol

Dukes was underrated. So much fun.

Gazunta

Moby Games says I worked on Duke Nukem Forever, which is the God damn most ironic thing I've heard in years.

So guys, what's your stance on office lunchroom etiquette. Do you feel you have to start a conversation or is it OK for everyone to sit in silence looking at their phones?

How Gallen managed to shake that grub tag will never cease to amaze me. One of the dirtiest players in the game be it club, Origin or test level.

Just went and got my international drivers permit. Bit of an itshappening.gif moment

hackdog

Banned
lolixs0h.png
Note: edited for brevity

Haven't heard much yet, hoping Harvey Norman bring it down around $60!
PN3c5JS.jpg

Just in at JB's buying birthday gifts for people (three birthdays in three days, ugh) and they had it @ $89. I'm not really into zombie games and I'm currently trying to plat Yakuza 3 so I might wait till July before looking to pick this up.

jambo

So guys, what's your stance on office lunchroom etiquette. Do you feel you have to start a conversation or is it OK for everyone to sit in silence looking at their phones?

Most of the time I talk to someone, but then our firm is very social.

Moby Games says I worked on Duke Nukem Forever, which is the God damn most ironic thing I've heard in years.

break a chair over someone's head so they don't fuck with you.

Gazunta

Most of the time I talk to someone, but then our firm is very social.

Yeah, I'm a pretty social guy (honest!) and I'm always chatting to people during lunch. Just didn't occur to me until just now that some of our quieter guys might not want the interruption. :)

break a chair over someone's head so they don't fuck with you.

During the interview I found the biggest guy and punched him in the face. Now I run the joint and everyone pays me in cigarettes.

Our lunch room is just depressing. I haven't had lunch at work ever. Hell even on my shorter breaks I never hang around. Fresh air for the win.

Top Bottom