• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

senahorse

Depends on the day, sometimes I have lunch with people from my team, sometimes with others, sometimes we go to the pub, sometimes I just eat at my desk.

edit: Can you pick these up from a Video Ezy Kiosk?
edit2: I guess not, they are just the machines :/
edit3: delivery only, done $53 aint bad for a new release, now I guess it takes 6 months

lexi

Banned
I need to borrow a PS3 or something to play The Last of Us. The last time I was this excited for a game was GTA4.

Hopefully TLOU isn't a steaming pile of shit afterall, too.

Fredescu

How Gallen managed to shake that grub tag will never cease to amaze me. One of the dirtiest players in the game be it club, Origin or test level.

Has he really shaken it? When he was first getting picked for Origin I hated him because of how many penalties he gave away for just being a fucking tool. The fact that he's now one of our best players makes it worse.

He's not as bad as Bird though. Gallen should have been sent off. Bird should be in jail.

if not already posted and you need XBL gold, $45 from ozgameshop for today only.

warning- when my CC had expired and I went to renew using a prepaid XBL card, the system wouldn't let input the codes until I had a valid CC number entered. And then charged the card anyway.

I think I will stump up the $89 or whatever for Last of Us to have it day 1.

Reptile, Video Ezy have the last of us for $52 http://www.videoezy.com.au/games/last-of-us-the-playstation-3/dp/570987

Cheapest i've seen it around for. Cheaper than ozgame by a few bucks.

Can't keep down gatorade, lucazade, can only keep down water at the moment. Woo bad case of gastro or some crap. Thrown up 6 times since 6am and been up since 2am. Still haven't had any food D:

Can't even play games, what a waste of a day off.
Damn that is cheap. No telling if it will show up before Xmas though, if at all. They are a bit dodgy since being sold off sadly. BeatTheBomb might go low, with 2 day postage.

senahorse

Nice, Qld government backs down from taking away solar feed in tariff as well as imposing fees for those that use it. Nearly one year in and I am a third paid off, 2 more years is all I ask for, 2028 will be even better, power to the people :D

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So I just got out of the bath, Figured something warm might make me feel a little better.

Why have baths not evolved at all? Who the fuck were they made for? Everytime, they are too short, you need to contort your body in fantastic ways to get under the water or you're 3/4 in most of the time.

Why no full length, lower height baths that allow you to lie down at the bottom with a little head rest for relaxation. You wouldn't need 400ltrs of water to fill it up either.

Baths, Why you no evolve.

So I just got out of the bath, Figured something warm might make me feel a little better.

Why have baths not evolved at all? Who the fuck were they made for? Everytime, they are too short, you need to contort your body in fantastic ways to get under the water or you're 3/4 in most of the time.

Why no full length, lower height baths that allow you to lie down at the bottom with a little head rest for relaxation. You wouldn't need 400ltrs of water to fill it up either.

People were shorter back in the ole days. Go buy a pool instead.

jambo

Get a spa.

Danoss

They've actually gone backwards. I'm living in a house built in 1949 and it has one of the older baths which is long and very deep. I can sit up in it and stretch out fully or if I raise my knees a little bit can fully submerge my torso with reasonable depth water. If I filled the thing right up, I could be almost up to my neck in water if I want to. It really is a shame they don't make baths like they used to.

Hope you're feeling better mate. If you're not able to keep things down you could try mixing some honey in some hot water or get a non-caffeinated soft drink like lemonade and stir it until it goes flat (don't want those bubbles stirring up your stomach). Just a way to keep some energy going into your body whilst still being able to keep your fluids up.

Shaneus

Ratbag/Krome/KMM etc, including work on a game you quite enjoyed...
Can't see Mobygames at work fuuuuuu.

Oh hey, you'll be pleased to know that thanks to Lucid's Twitter I downloaded a podcast episode (some random show, not important) that discussed Blur and how surprising it was that there were OVER 9,000 people actively playing it. They even checked at different times of the day and sure enough, a consistent 9,000 still active in it.

I need to send that game to you :/

eBay seller but worth a shot using Paypal, seems to have plenty of positive feedback, might be a clear out or might be a pricing error but tons of $20 stuff here.

Kinect sensor with Kinect Adventures for $20 posted

MAKE SURE TO PAY WITH PAYPAL

did you go with jp unit????!!

I did indeed! Should arrive next week, just in time for exams :p

I need to borrow a PS3 or something to play The Last of Us. The last time I was this excited for a game was GTA4.

haha. Reminds me of when I hired out the video store owner's son's N64 for one night to play banjo and kazooie. That was a beautiful evening.

PS3's are pretty cheap now. You'd probably be better just buying one!

lexi

Banned
haha. Reminds me of when I hired out the video store owner's son's N64 for one night to play banjo and kazooie. That was a beautiful evening.

PS3's are pretty cheap now. You'd probably be better just buying one!

I loved that game so much. My favourite n64 game easily.

PS3s are still like 400 new. That's crazy expensive.

Deeku

I did indeed! Should arrive next week, just in time for exams :p
niiice!^^

and speaking of needing a ps3 for last of us (and bioshock infinite, maybe gta 5), my dad is passing by hk next month so imma make him bring my slim over! and probably some red rock deli chipsss as well!!

lexi

Banned
good guys were selling them for 188 recently too

WAT, I've only been seeing bundles for like $399. $189 is fucking ridiculous when all I've seen is nextgen-like prices for 7 year old hardware. gRRRRRR I WANNA RAGE

From Target:
39vmm.png

Hope you guys liked the photos...

Can I be a jackhole and suggest something? I will anyway. Just wondering if you're bracketing some of these images, particularly those with a bright sky in them?
You can be whatever you want! President, an astronaut, or a jackhole.

I'm not bracketing (always forget about it), but am shooting in RAW and will fix them up properly in Lightroom when at home. These shots are straight out of the camera with no processing at all, because the netbook we have with us is too crap for anything like that. Also, only have 1TB of storage so bracketing may eat that up pretty fast. Might have a pay with it though. Thanks for the reminder!

dinopoke

I'm about to go crazy with you guys seriously, all I see anywhere, JB, ANYWHERE is $400 PS3s.

Yeah, I got mine recently for about $180 with the Skylanders bundle at Target. It was the Super Slim 12GB model. I think the bundle is pretty much sold out now. You might have a slim chance of finding the older Slim models at a discounted price at Target.

Your best bet is to get a second hand Slim. The Super Slim models feel quite tacky and the price isn't justified. Especially the 12GB for 300 bucks. Unfortunately, those are the only models that haven't been discontinued and their RRPs are ridiculous.

Shaneus

I think that's a case of multiple people with the same name getting jammed into one entry on moby

you want this guy
au.linkedin.com/pub/sean-edwards/0/ba8/863
Which one of those did he/didn't he work on?

Was one of them The Saboteur?

Was there the cross-breeding of talent b/w Pandemic and Krome and/or Ratbag?

TELL ME.

lexi

Banned
Yeah, I got mine recently for about $180 with the Skylanders bundle at Target. It was the Super Slim 12GB model. I think the bundle is pretty much sold out now. You might have a slim chance of finding the older Slim models at a discounted price at Target.

Your best bet is to get a second hand Slim. The Super Slim models feel quite tacky and the price isn't justified. Especially the 12GB for 300 bucks. Unfortunately, those are the only models that haven't been discontinued and their RRPs are ridiculous.

yeah I just want to rage at the fact that a 7 year old console is that damn expensive. You could get a PS2 for like $150 tops at this point.

markot

Banned
Im gonna buy a PS4 on launch day so I can play Last of Us.

OH WAIT.

>.<

Stupid sorny.

I like forms where they ask you 'are you taking illicit drugs' >.> Who would answer yes?

Danoss

Now here's a deal Rep surely wouldn't stumble across.

Polymorph Body Piercing in Newtown, Sydney are offering a free piercing of the week, all you need to pay for is the jewellery.

Dave, the younger brother of the man who has done all of my piercings, Rob, is learning how to pierce. This is absolutely a good idea if this interests you, much practice is done well before an apprentice puts a needle anywhere near someone and all procedures are supervised by Rob. No need for concern at all, Rob is excellent, you'll help Dave get some more experience and you get a cheap and quality piercing. Everybody wins!

This week is a nostril piercing. My nose already has a ring though it and I don't need another one taking up any more nostril space. I don't know of any lady SydGAF members, but nostril piercings are particularly great on the fairer sex (though not exclusively) and a lot of the jewellery is truly stunning.

As soon as they're doing lip and nipple piercings, I'll be all over this.

Danoss

Nipple piercing hurt like a bitch.

So I am told. You have one?

Rob has told me that if I've been able to withstand a nipple cripple from someone, I'll be fine getting a nipple piercing since it's similar. I went to a boarding school so I'm well versed in this area.

If I'm getting both done (and I am), he said they'll do both at the same time to reduce the duration of the procedure and of course the unpleasantness. The thing with two of the same piercings in succession is the second one always hurts more.

A couple of people I know with piercings both have a PA. If I'm thinking of a new piercing, they always suggest I do this.

Omikron

Yeah got it when I was 18 or something, only recently it fell out and I didn't even notice and it had healed over. Pissed is an understatement :p

Danoss

Is the hole still there? It's rare that a piercing that has been there so long will completely close. If it's still there, you might be able to get it tapered back open by a piercer, though I am told that is more painful than the original piercing.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh Square Enix coming through with the Deus Ex sequel! This was a given as soon as the financial report hit! Get hype!

Also new NIN is awesome. Lyrics haven't grabbed me though.

Also lol at the pop factory.
The Voice winner Leanne Mitchell's debut album sells just 895 copies in first week
People watch that shit to laugh at people or yell at people or perv on people. Not to spend money.

Oh hey, you'll be pleased to know that thanks to Lucid's Twitter I downloaded a podcast episode (some random show, not important) that discussed Blur and how surprising it was that there were OVER 9,000 people actively playing it. They even checked at different times of the day and sure enough, a consistent 9,000 still active in it.

I need to send that game to you :/
Oh I thought you already sent it lol

PS3s are still like 400 new. That's crazy expensive.

:(

I've been posting PS3 bargains for like the last fortnight

:(

yeah I just want to rage at the fact that a 7 year old console is that damn expensive. You could get a PS2 for like $150 tops at this point.
Blu Ray player keeps the price high, also the stupidly long generation and cost of parts.

I don't know of any lady SydGAF members, but nostril piercings are particularly great on the fairer sex (though not exclusively) and a lot of the jewellery is truly stunning.
I can agree with this! Not a fan of piercings but a nose stud on the right woman looks mesmerizing (I still blame that for my last heartbreaking relationship!).

ADSL1 is maximum about what you're getting... I think. Pretty sure that's what I was getting when I was connected via my artificially-limited RIM.

I dunno, all the plans say its ADSL 2 where possible and ADSL 1 otherwise. Why was my other, dodo licensed provider giving such better speeds but the "number 2 in broadband" can't?

Top Bottom