• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Never knew The Last of Us has an 18+ rating over here. Does that mean some stores won't stock it?

Depends which state you are in when talking about the promotion of the game but pretty much anywhere that would have stocked it as a MA title will still have it. I could find God of War Ass at all the usual places here in Victoria.

Which one of those did he/didn't he work on?

Was one of them The Saboteur?

Was there the cross-breeding of talent b/w Pandemic and Krome and/or Ratbag?

TELL ME.

Sean was at Pandemic in Brisbane, and a few guys went over to LA to help finish Saboteur. He may well have been at Ratbag as a lot of ex-ratbag guys came to Brisbane Studios. I hear the Batman game that Pando worked on had a loooot of Ratbags.

I hear the Batman game that Pando worked on had a loooot of Ratbags.

:(

Pandemic were really on the way up. Sad that they got cut down just before Saboteur came out, could have been a huge game if EA gave a shit about it.

I wonder if some of that crew ended up at United Front Games? Feels like a common link between Saboteur and Sleepy Dogs.

Also if Square make Sleepy Dogs 2 iOS exclusive I will find and urinate on every copy of FFXIV I can find.

Saboteur is one of the three open world games I really loved this gen. Saboteur, RF:G and the Scottish game. I dare not speak its name on this forums

Hint: not GTA IV, the other Scottish game.

Shaneus

:(

Pandemic were really on the way up. Sad that they got cut down just before Saboteur came out, could have been a huge game if EA gave a shit about it.

I wonder if some of that crew ended up at United Front Games? Feels like a common link between Saboteur and Sleepy Dogs.

Also if Square make Sleepy Dogs 2 iOS exclusive I will find and urinate on every copy of FFXIV I can find.
True Crime Tokyo was being developed around the same time as Saboteur, wasn't it? Doesn't exclude Pandemic folk from joining United Front, but it's worth noting.

Going from that demo footage we saw of Watch Dogs, I was genuinely surprised that no-one from the Sab team worked on it. Basically looked like a futuristic clone of Saboteur.

Fuck EA for what they did to that game, that IP and that team. Could've been (and I suppose it was anyway) something special.

Saboteur is one of the three open world games I really loved this gen. Saboteur, RF:G and the Scottish game. I dare not speak its name on this forums

Braveheart: Kings of Edinburgh?

(PS. Right with you. RF:G for taking the story so damn seriously it was hilarious, Saboteur treating the story with just the right amount and that other game with absolutely no fucks given toward the story whatsoever. And all three had their own style and stuck to it without borrowing from any other games of note.)

Bernbaum

So I just got out of the bath, Figured something warm might make me feel a little better.

Why have baths not evolved at all? Who the fuck were they made for? Everytime, they are too short, you need to contort your body in fantastic ways to get under the water or you're 3/4 in most of the time.

Why no full length, lower height baths that allow you to lie down at the bottom with a little head rest for relaxation. You wouldn't need 400ltrs of water to fill it up either.

Baths, Why you no evolve.

Why we still got showers?

Same. Games just want to be fun.

I like fun.

Hopefully the sequel to that Scottish game appears at E3 after the tease we already got.

Jintor

Jeff on the Bombcast was talking about some shitty twinstick Halo shooter he saw last week at something or the other.

Anyway! Titanfaaaaallllllllllllllll i don't even know what it is really or care and it's kind of hype

Jeff on the Bombcast was talking about some shitty twinstick Halo shooter he saw last week at something or the other.

Anyway! Titanfaaaaallllllllllllllll i don't even know what it is really or care and it's kind of hype

shhhh
i wanted to see if we could trick him
but yeah halo on tablets is a twin stick with no controller support

So I just got out of the bath, Figured something warm might make me feel a little better.

Why have baths not evolved at all? Who the fuck were they made for? Everytime, they are too short, you need to contort your body in fantastic ways to get under the water or you're 3/4 in most of the time.

Why no full length, lower height baths that allow you to lie down at the bottom with a little head rest for relaxation. You wouldn't need 400ltrs of water to fill it up either.

Baths, Why you no evolve.

I missed this. Yeah, Australian baths are dumb. Even I get squished trying to lie down in them. Honestly I think if people are going to be so half arsed in bath building they might as well just leave them out of the house design. Awesome baths are the best (glorious Japanese bath-ter race), but crappy ones are worse than disappointing :(

niiice!^^

and speaking of needing a ps3 for last of us (and bioshock infinite, maybe gta 5), my dad is passing by hk next month so imma make him bring my slim over! and probably some red rock deli chipsss as well!!

Rad:D Did you have to leave most of that stuff behind then? I hope you brought your DS, I wanna play animal crossing with someone ><

Darklord

Banned
Haven't been sick in months, not since last year. Going away tomorrow, start to get a runny nose and sore throat. Fuck you life!

Winter is come.
Stupid European summer and its massive floods. It's going to be dull and low 20s when we hit Lisbon tomorrow! After a couple of weeks of daytime temperatures ranging between 30c and 47c it's going to be a bit of a shock. Wonder where I packed my pants and hoodie...

Also MS cancelling a LOT of e3 interviews with big name sites lol damage control time

Also no Respawn for me since it uses the Cloud which my internet will be too intermittent for. Funny that they say the game could only ever work in the Cloud lol more moneyhats. Keen to hear the SP campaign details.

Also Omi I'm up for that if you will accept my shittyness again!

That SSD drive you guys recommended is the fucking bees knees, best PC upgrade I ever done.
No shit! Can't wait for cheap 1Tb drives *drool*

hirokazu

Didn't expect them to clarify before E3. Wow, this really is as terrible as it was made out to be. I guess the gaming areas of those anime and pop culture conventions will pretty much have to use PS4s. Most of the consoles they use don't get connected to the Internet during the convention.

Jintor

Didn't expect them to clarify before E3. Wow, this really is as terrible as it was made out to be. I guess the gaming areas of those anime and pop culture conventions will pretty much have to use PS4s. Most of the consoles they use don't get connected to the Internet during the convention.

Man, i didn't even think about that

lexi

Banned
I can only think this will have unforeseen negative consequences. Also the thread is growing at like a page every 5 minutes. And that's with the superior 100ppp.

Shaneus

Also MS cancelling a LOT of e3 interviews with big name sites lol damage control time
Link or quote? Love to hear the damage control for that.

That SSD drive you guys recommended is the fucking bees knees, best PC upgrade I ever done.
Yuppers. I think I need a reinstall because my PC's starting to bog down a little, but I'm pretty sure it's nowhere near as slow as it was when I was booting from a non-SSD drive.

That, and I think Sandisk are about to release a second edition of that SSD you bought. Mighty tempting.

Fusebox

Banned
It starts up so quick now that my BIOS feels slow. Hurry up and POST damn you!

My mobo only supports SATAII as well so it'd be even faster if I had a new mobo with SATAIII support.

hirokazu

You can only lend a game to a friend once. What the fuck. And I hope they mean once per friend, not once to any friend per game.

You have to trade in your games to participating retailers. So basically GameStop/EB, maybe JB. That almost certainly disables private sales through ebay, etc. Jesus fuck, that's not what people wanted when they said they wanted freedom to trade used games.

Fusebox

Banned
Oh and thanks for the bbq advice too fellas! I ended up not going for Freds rolls royce job, I decided that for daily use I'd be better off with an all gas unit so I grabbed a weber q.

Did some glazed chicken wings for lunch yesterday. So good. Crispy skin, soft meat. Then I did a half rack of ribs and a piece of fresh corn for dinner and omg, just amazing if I do say so myself:

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0803.JPG

IMG_0804.JPG

You can only lend a game to a friend once. What the fuck. And I hope they mean once per friend, not once to any friend per game.

The way I understood that was a game can only be "lent" once, so if you give your game to a friend they can't then give it on to any one else (including giving it back to you?)

Xboned DRM is more painful than I had hoped.

Reptilescorpio lives in a country town.
Reptilescorpio has copper internet. Slow, intermittent copper internet. Sometimes it's down for a fortnight.
Reptilescorpio plays 95% of his games on a 360.
Reptilescorpio is addicted to cheevos.
Reptilescorpio rebought 3 Xbox 360's after e74 and RROD errors.
Reptilescorpio will not be buying an Xbone for quite a while.

jambo

Our Internet was down for the past 5 days thanks to a line fault after heavy rain, so I played a bunch of games using Steam's offline mode and my fiance played a few PS3 games that she had from her backlog.

With the Xbox One we wouldn't have been able to play any games after the first 24 hours.

senahorse

Don't any of you guys own hotspot capable phones? I am certainly not defending microsoft's drm but considering the xbone has wireless all you would need to do is fire up the hotspot for a minute, let it send a keep alive to MS and then you're gold (pun not intended but for the lols being gold will still cost you) for another 24 hours. I know with Steam it is 30 days but don't I have to be online in the first place to go in offline mode?

Didn't have to be online to turn on offline mode for Steam last time I needed it. I thought there was a file that needs to be deleted or something if offline mode doesn't work but that was ages ago you needed to do that.

NFI how to do a hotspots, couldn't find SN option on my phone. My wife's phone can't even use wifi anymore for some reason.

jambo

Don't any of you guys own hotspot capable phones? I am certainly not defending microsoft's drm but considering the xbone has wireless all you would need to do is fire up the hotspot for a minute, let it send a keep alive to MS and then you're gold (pun not intended but for the lols being gold will still cost you) for another 24 hours. I know with Steam it is 30 days but don't I have to be online in the first place to go in offline mode?

The wireless situation does help, but it's still just an annoying system. And I'd be worried about it checking for a connection and then suddenly downloading updates through the new always up to date system.

As for Steam, offline mode had a big patch a while ago. You can stay offline for a very long time now, someone in Gaming used offline mode for 6 months before reconnecting and updating Steam.

And you can go to offline when you start up, when Steam can't connect it will give you the option of closing or starting offline.

Top Bottom