• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Omikron

Playing Anno 1404 and 2070.

Mechanically, the two are very simila. There's a bit more to 2070 than just a re-skinning of the previous, but I jumped into 1404 without any of the tutorials, and it's essentially the same process.

In almost every way, 2070 has some improvements: better interface, quicker menus, better graphics (technically) and it looks like it's got a more fleshed out campaign. That said, 1404 is vastly more enjoyable because of the historical setting. The central game's conceit of trading and expanding to satisfy civilian needs just doesn't jive with a futuristic setting at all.

I recommend Crusader Kings 2 for all your strategy (and associated in breeding) needs.

Shaneus

Before I hit the hay, just gotta tell you guys about this rad little browser plugin I found called SmartVideo. It actually buffers entire YT videos for you, not just 2 seconds from where you're playing, causing all types of buffering kerfuffle. I just set it to buffer but not play on page load, but you can set it to auto-play at any percentage of video loading you want. Just watched a 1080p video, saw that rather than buffering the first 10 seconds when paused at the start, it loaded the whole damn video.

YouTube shall piss me off never more.

Danoss

And now your cyber-eyes are hooked up just in time for E3!

Watch V/H/S/2, he might not make it to E3.

Hope you're feeling better Legend, that sounds mighty painful.

God damn Shaneas if that works for me you will have changed the world

It totally does, I've been using it for a while now. It has separate control over embedded YT videos on other sites too, which is great.

It totally does, I've been using it for a while now. It has separate control over embedded YT videos on other sites too, which is great.

Before I hit the hay, just gotta tell you guys about this rad little browser plugin I found called SmartVideo. It actually buffers entire YT videos for you, not just 2 seconds from where you're playing, causing all types of buffering kerfuffle. I just set it to buffer but not play on page load, but you can set it to auto-play at any percentage of video loading you want. Just watched a 1080p video, saw that rather than buffering the first 10 seconds when paused at the start, it loaded the whole damn video.

Chrome version?

Chrome version.

Shaneus

Well why didn't you tell us, you selfish cunt? Holding out on everyone AGAIN?

Christ, I've had it up to here with you, Danoss. Here!

Edit: The reason I was getting frustrated with shitty YT is because I was trying to watch videos from this guy's page. Stacks of old videos from Rage, recorded with surprisingly good audio, cleaned up and upscaled to 1080p. The ones I've seen have come out surprisingly well, and under each vid he has a little blurb about what he did to clean it up.

Deeku

more drama today!

pants come back from dry cleaning, NOT MY PANTS!

I HAVE NO PANTS

oh well, guess i'll keep wearing casual until my pants come back!

also, good luck to all yall examing peeps

Dead Man

I thought everyone used that already. I've pimped it in a couple of YT whinge threads. Also, you can turn off the settings tab that the plugin places underneath each video as well.

Brofist.

Shaneus

I thought everyone used that already. I've pimped it in a couple of YT whinge threads. Also, you can turn off the settings tab that the plugin places underneath each video as well.

Brofist.
You and Danoss are both selfish cunts.

There, I said it.

Where do you disable that thing? I can see it getting annoying damn quickly.

Dead Man

more drama today!

pants come back from dry cleaning, NOT MY PANTS!

I HAVE NO PANTS

oh well, guess i'll keep wearing casual until my pants come back!

also, good luck to all yall examing peeps
Something something homer.
You and Danoss are both selfish cunts.

There, I said it.

Where do you disable that thing? I can see it getting annoying damn quickly.

Go into preferences and tick to hide the player settings popup.

Bernbaum

Ah fuck.

Tonight's the night I find out that Pixar are making yet another sequel - "Finding Dory".

First the Xbox One happens, and now this shit.

Dead Man

Ah fuck.

Tonight's the night I find out that Pixar are making yet another sequel - "Finding Dory".

Life is cruel.

Indeed.

If you want to download the video instead, there's Chrome YouTube Downloader. Also, if you don't want to fullscreen it and would rather not have the bright white light in your face, there's Turn Off the Lights. That should just about cover my extension obligations to avoid the wrath of Shaneus :p

That Turn off the lights is pretty cool.

i'll just watch/listen to the gb coverage

you can run, just depends if you can run before it wipes your party out lol

man, you're making wanna go back and play it some. i stopped after 10ish hours because i figured i'd get back to it once there weren't so many jrpgs....but now a 3ds remake of the original is coming out end of this month (in japan anyway) :/

ausgaf coverage is better
also because its not archived

hamchan

I started to read old Chris Claremont Uncanny X-men. Up to issue 105. It's super corny so far but enjoyable.

I find it quite hilarious though that every character seems to despise Wolverine because he calls them: Bub, Lady, Broad, Big Man, Jeannie etc.

Also Professor X is just a cranky old fart.

oh also everyone pussied out and didnt stay up with me
recorded me rahk kritz ham and orbi shit talking ms
im sure ill not do anything with that

Looks like a lot of XBone exclusive games. I wonder how many will make launch. Not many.

I seem to remember AusGAF having lots of opinions on mechanical keyboards. I was thinking of getting a Coolermaster Quickfire Pro w/ browns. Any opinions on that one?
I have a black Filco Majestouch Ninja tenkeyless (e.g. without the number pad), with brown Cherry keys. I love it, it's solid, has absolutely nothing I will never use. I was worried I'd miss not having a number pad (and so far only one game--MechWarrior Online--has made use of them, and there are alternatives), but the extra space the smaller keyboard provides is great.

I couldn't live without a number pad at work, but at home I don't miss it at all. Regardless, it's a solid keyboard with no frills.

Got home last night after 10 nights away in Thailand. Completely exhausted today but glad to be back. Beer was OK over there but I really need a dirty Cascade Draught.

Parent gaf: kids not eating dinner is fucking infuriating, especially since my son used to eat anything. Stupid stages of life.

Same happens with my boy. He loves food but some nights, I'm sure just to fuck with me, he just won't touch it. Even if he's had the same dish millions of times before.

lol Microsoft.
Poor BF4 guy, he got hurt feelings and tried to leave when the video didn't work but MS peons forced him to stay.
The Panzer Dragoon Kinect game that was done 100% way back in 2012 is being moved to Xbone launch? lol. Pad out those exclusives!
Dead Rising 3 is a good exclusive. Should get some Xbones in houses.
Titanfall is too far off to be much of an influence.
Killer Instinct is by Double Helix. Expectations are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy low. :(
Ryse is a big nice looking QTE.
Quantum Break still looks awesome. Needs to be at launch.
Project Spark looks like a next-gen LBP, which is cool I guess.
D4 Episode 1 by Swery is awesome! Although it is Kinect :/
Sunset Overdrive looks interesting....
ALSO FUCKING CHEEVO I WANT

Thanks!

Ah fuck.

Monsters University sounds mediocre too now that reviews have hit. Will still be a good kids movie at least.

Also, if you don't want to fullscreen it and would rather not have the bright white light in your face, there's Turn Off the Lights. That should just about cover my extension obligations to avoid the wrath of Shaneus :p
Yup this is awesomesauce, been using it on RLM for ages now.

oh also everyone pussied out and didnt stay up with me
recorded me rahk kritz ham and orbi shit talking ms
im sure ill not do anything with that
I got up for MS! EA I knew would be shit. Ubi was okay.

Mirror's Edge 2? Don't play with my heart guys. Oh god a reboot after one game. Pah. At least they're not shelving the franchise.

Any Crackdown 3?

In other news, I finished Nightmare in North Point DLC for Sleeping Dogs. Was fun, just wish it was longer than 5 minutes and not the worst story ever. The opening cutscene was alright though. I loved the Bruce Lee type moves once you get
the tea

..not even sure the DLC is worth tagging.

edit: Hey Shaneus, seeing as you wanted to pay me back for some game I got you ages ago, mind getting this for me and we call it square? :p

edit2: Or this http://store.steampowered.com/app/215257/?snr=1_5_9__300 preferably this Man there's a bit more content DLC than I remember being released. Yay! More Sleepy Dogs! :D

lol Microsoft.
Poor BF4 guy, he got hurt feelings and tried to leave when the video didn't work but MS peons forced him to stay.
The Panzer Dragoon Kinect game that was done 100% way back in 2012 is being moved to Xbone launch? lol. Pad out those exclusives!
Dead Rising 3 is a good exclusive. Should get some Xbones in houses.
Titanfall is too far off to be much of an influence.
Killer Instinct is by Double Helix. Expectations are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy low. :(
Ryse is a big nice looking QTE.
Quantum Break still looks awesome. Needs to be at launch.
Project Spark looks like a next-gen LBP, which is cool I guess.
D4 Episode 1 by Swery is awesome! Although it is Kinect :/
Sunset Overdrive looks interesting....
ALSO FUCKING CHEEVO I WANT

I was actually pretty impressed by Microsoft's stuff.
Panzer Dragoon by any other name is stuff Panzer Dragoon, and rail shooters should be able to work with Kinect, so I'm on board. KI looked cool. Quantum Break looks really interesting, as did Spark. If Sunset Overdrive is some kind of platformer-shooter with all that wall jumping I am right on boad.
Ryse was pretty damn spectacular, I don't mind QTEs as combat finishers, I wonder if QTEs with Kinect could have worked? Like slash in a certain direction?
Titanfall looked cool.

In general, colous me impressed Microsoft.

Shaneus

Was the Panzer Dragoon name for 360 or One?

Okay... the PS4. This looks something I'd be happy to have in my living room/life:
yoMqE4xl.jpg

In other news, I finished Nightmare in North Point DLC for Sleeping Dogs. Was fun, just wish it was longer than 5 minutes and not the worst story ever. The opening cutscene was alright though. I loved the Bruce Lee type moves once you get
the tea

..not even sure the DLC is worth tagging.

edit: Hey Shaneus, seeing as you wanted to pay me back for some game I got you ages ago, mind getting this for me and we call it square? :p

edit2: Or this http://store.steampowered.com/app/215257/?snr=1_5_9__300 preferably this Man there's a bit more content DLC than I remember being released. Yay! More Sleepy Dogs! :D

Zodiac is pretty short but fun. I haven't played through Year of the Snake yet. Loved Sleeping Dogs.

Top Bottom