• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

What issues would there be from ordering a PS4 from the US, as in account-wise? If I log-in with my Aus PSN ID I won't be able to access the US store right? So if I buy my physical games from the US I would have to use a US PSN account to purchase DLC etc?

The only thing really stopping me from pre-ordering one is the launch line-up, or lack thereof.

The region of DLC is dependent on the region of the disc iirc

Like, if you bought the GoW collection you'd need a US account to activate the PSP games. If it stays consistent your game buying habits shouldn't have to change.

Fuck, Crimson Dragon is One now? ARGH. Bastards. It was announced the same time as Diabolical Pitch... how is it not out yet?
There was a demo on the JPN Xbox ages ago. They retooled it as it was rumoured to be shit.

So now it has its use as another number on the exclusive list.

Sorry, I meant online services like netflix. Most blu rays are region free in any case.

PS4 Comes With a 500 GB HDD, HDMI Cable, Headset… Camera Sold Seperately

OzaukrO.jpg
Oh shit. Awesome. Region free again!

Thank fuck one of the big 3 are doing it.

All signs point to multiplatform. That they only specified FFXIV's exclusivity while talking about the three Squeenix titles suggests that the other two aren't.
Yeah I only saw that tweet before. Will be Xbone/PS4.

The MS EP of Killer Instinct really, really, really knows his shit and is a massive fan of Rare.

<chiponhisshoulder>And just because Double Helix hasn't made games you're interested in it doesn't mean they'll do a bad job. </chiponhisshoulder>
Doesn't it only come with ONE character? Like it is F2P or something? Seems to be the talk so far.

I didn't mean to be rude, just that their previous efforts aren't very good.

Homecoming was okay but the rest are just poor games.

The whole 'creative director really knows the franchise' thing reminds me of Silent Hill. Which makes me remember Silent Hill. :(

Grassy

The region of DLC is dependent on the region of the disc iirc

Like, if you bought the GoW collection you'd need a US account to activate the PSP games. If it stays consistent your game buying habits shouldn't have to change.

Cheers, pre-ordered from Amazon.

markot

Banned
I love how the trade in shit somehow outdoes the pay to play games you paid for shit.

Its like someone deciding not to rape your ass but using your mouth.

Rape jokes!

In fact its the opposite, mouth to ass.

Most people dont trade in at all.

Subsciption based consoles. Fuck your next gen and your stupid ass anti consumer bs. PC has been giving us this shit free for decades.

Fuck all the people who were protesting the anti drm and anti trade in stuff but have shut up over the pay to play shit.

You people are the reason we cant have nice things.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck!

Cheering the way down the road to hell paved on bad intentions while the balloon goes up and the shit hits the fan.

I love how the trade in shit somehow outdoes the pay to play games you paid for shit.

Its like someone deciding not to rape your ass but using your mouth.

Rape jokes!

In fact its the opposite, mouth to ass.

Most people dont trade in at all.

Subsciption based consoles. Fuck your next gen and your stupid ass anti consumer bs. PC has been giving us this shit free for decades.

Fuck all the people who were protesting the anti drm and anti trade in stuff but have shut up over the pay to play shit.

You people are the reason we cant have nice things.
I'm sorry, I don't play MP. I'm weak and want my SP.

sucks ass to put mp behind a paywall even as someone with already active ps+ i think its bullshit. Even if it is better than xblg thats still a bullshit move. They way they snuck it in after the other stuff was like they knew people wouldn't care as much as the other two points because xbox has already taken so many down that road.

At least they had the balls to come out and said it though, we still don't have ms drm/used stuff 100% locked down.

Technically, Steam is already a subscription at the individual game level.

At least they had the balls to come out and said it though

Are we still talking about online multiplayer behind the paywall? Because they didn't so much come out and say it as put it on the bottom of a slide they happened to be displaying at the same time they were drawing everyone's attention with the "no anti-used DRM" thing.

Technically, Steam is already a subscription at the individual game level.

Are we still talking about online multiplayer behind the paywall? Because they didn't so much come out and say it as put it on the bottom of a slide they happened to be displaying at the same time they were drawing everyone's attention with the "no anti-used DRM" thing.

Did you read the first part of my post where i said they hid it in there? he also did actually say it aswell iirc going through the slides point.

My point was ms hasn't even mentioned any of the dogshit in either of their streams leaving it to (completeley inept) pr people or info pages after the fact.

Son could have easily not talked about it and had no negative system function talk and just put it out in PR after the event.

To celebrate the support of PS Plus on the PS4 system, SCEA will offer the #DRIVECLUB PS Plus Edition to PS Plus members which delivers all the authenticity and immersion users would expect from the full #DRIVECLUB experience, in the Instant Game Collection. In addition, one digital title will be rotated each month, including three of the new digital games introduced during the PlayStation E3 press conference, Don't Starve, Outlast, and Secret Ponchos.
Link

I wonder if that means buying cars like Killer Instinct is buying fighters.

Oh also Killer Instinct is digital only, at launch, f2p, comes with one fighter, everything else you have to pay $ for.

Doesn't it only come with ONE character? Like it is F2P or something? Seems to be the talk so far.

I didn't mean to be rude, just that their previous efforts aren't very good.

Homecoming was okay but the rest are just poor games.

The whole 'creative director really knows the franchise' thing reminds me of Silent Hill. Which makes me remember Silent Hill. :(

I just saw that too. Odd. So its essentially a free XBLA game that you have to buy extra characters for? That's fucking weird. I guess makes it easy to work out if its any good

Bernbaum

Woooo Mirror's Edge isn't a console exclusive!

Thanks for the memories Microsoft. Your first console introduced me to joys of Knights of the Old Republic and local play of Halo 1/2 Slayer Matches filled the play-at-home multiplayer void left in the wake of Goldeneye and Mario Kart.

Your second console was nice too - such an easy choice for me when picking up multiplatform games. Nice console design too - I bought three of the bloody things. One still works - good job! As a video game fan following the then-exclusive Mass Effect from announcement to pre-release hype to pumping countless hours into the title was one of the best experiences of the generation.

Sorry it had to end like this.

isoquant

Novice questions:

1. You have to pay for PS Online now?

2. Non-region locked means that if I buy a PS4 from US, I can buy and use Australian games, right?

Fusebox

Banned
DLC is disc specific, so he would only need a US account for DLC if it was a USA disc.

Ps4 pre order is 549 from ebgames.
fuckers

Amazon priority delivered is $425.

Guess where I ordered from.

Any idea about the import duties?

PS: If anyone didn't notice, PS plus will now be required for online gaming.

Import duties only if your shipment cost over a grand.

I just preordered from Amazon as well, saved $125 and my principles.

isoquant

Thanks guys.

Kind of bummed about the lack of free online though. That was one of the big reasons I wanted to switch from Xbox to Playstation in the first place.

hamchan

Thanks guys.

Kind of bummed about the lack of free online though. That was one of the big reasons I wanted to switch from Xbox to Playstation in the first place.

It is a bummer and it does suck. At least PS+ gives a crapload of free games so you can feel a less bad about the paywall.

DLC is disc specific, so he would only need a US account for DLC if it was a USA disc.

Import duties only if your shipment cost over a grand.

I just preordered from Amazon as well, saved $125 and my principles.

Can you outline the pros and cons of doing this? Does it complicate things PSN side?

Current PS+ games are Uncharted 3 and XCOM!

Okay, so I'm resigned to the PS+ bullshit, what sort of deals show up on subs?
Was $47.50 for 12 months over the holiday period last year.
If you want a US PS+ account it is $50 every day at Amazon for a code. Otherwise scout the deals. I'll help!

Can you outline the pros and cons of doing this? Does it complicate things PSN side?

None aside from having to send the console away to Amazon for warranty. They are pretty awesome though.

You just make any account you want, AU/JPN/UK/US/French/etc. Pay with that currency, access that library, etc. You can have as many accounts as you want, at least with the PS3.

Dead Man

Current PS+ games are Uncharted 3 and XCOM!

Was $47.50 for 12 months over the holiday period last year.
If you want a US PS+ account it is $50 every day at Amazon for a code. Otherwise scout the deals. I'll help!

None aside from having to send the console away to Amazon for warranty. They are pretty awesome though.

You just make any account you want, AU/JPN/UK/US/French/etc. Pay with that currency, access that library, etc. You can have as many accounts as you want, at least with the PS3.

Okay, so if I just bite the bullet and get 24 months PS+ at purchase, which will be about 6 months after release, I can just get fucked once, at least for a couple years.

Still not happy, but I will never be able to get the 3 monkeys I actually game online with to move to PC. I like free games, I like the value of that, I like the PS+ extras, I just hate to support this bullshit pay for MP model.

Okay. I just read somewhere that PSN stuff is region locked, so is that based on I.P or what?

PSN stuff is available depending on which region store you make an account for.

You can access all that at any time, no IP check.

Example: I have a AUS account. I also have a JPN account I used to buy the Pixeljunk games for like 80c each during a JPN PSN sale. I can play these games in my AUS account no issue at all. Just needed to buy a JPN PSN money card to buy the games as you can't use a Credit Card from another region to buy content from outside your region. Super easy to get around.

Okay, so if I just bite the bullet and get 24 months PS+ at purchase, which will be about 6 months after release, I can just get fucked once, at least for a couple years.

Well yeah.

Although don't buy PS+ until you actually start play MP stuff on PS4 I guess. Or a good deal comes around. If it is a code deal you don't need to activate the code until the day you want to play MP too.

Shaneus

Sorry it had to end like this.
I'm not. Fuck 'em.

I kinda feel sorry for Mattrick though... he looks like he's trying really, really hard to sell you on it. Kind of like one of those bums begging for a handout that are really just shysters looking for booze money.

Although don't buy PS+ until you actually start play MP stuff on PS4 I guess. Or a good deal comes around. If it is a code deal you don't need to activate the code until the day you want to play MP too.
I'm buying it day one because Drive Club.

Edit: FML, I already have PS+!

Dead Man

Holy shit lol

Well yeah.

Cool, cheers.

It's gonna stink not being able to use it as a Bluray player though. So used to using the PS3 even though I have a dedicated unit sitting right next to it.

Shaneus

Guys, CBoaT was right. Amazing.

It's gonna stink not being able to use it as a Bluray player though. So used to using the PS3 even though I have a dedicated unit sitting right next to it.
That's the only thing working against me importing. What are the chances of Sony seeing the error of their ways and dropping it to an even five-hundo for launch? Has that ever been done?

Anyone got that chart that says what the S'roos need to do to qualify for Brasil?
I don't know any specifics, but winning this and the next one guarantees us auto entry, I think a draw and a win means it's out of our control and we have to see what happens with the other teams.

PSN stuff is available depending on which region store you make an account for.

You can access all that at any time, no IP check.

Example: I have a AUS account. I also have a JPN account I used to buy the Pixeljunk games for like 80c each during a JPN PSN sale. I can play these games in my AUS account no issue at all. Just needed to buy a JPN PSN money card to buy the games as you can't use a Credit Card from another region to buy content from outside your region. Super easy to get around.

[/B]

Okay, you sold me. I hope Sony don't fuck us over with the universal transformer or lack thereof.

What are the chances of Sony seeing the error of their ways and dropping it to an even five-hundo for launch? Has that ever been done?.

Nintendo dropped the Gamecube to $329 from $399 three weeks before launch. That was in response to Microsoft slashing like $250 off the price of the OG Xbox to reach that $399 price point though.

You can cancel your Amazon pre-order at any time if there is bullshit about the power situation.

I'm not. Fuck 'em.

I kinda feel sorry for Mattrick though... he looks like he's trying really, really hard to sell you on it. Kind of like one of those bums begging for a handout that are really just shysters looking for booze money.

I'm buying it day one because Drive Club.

Edit: FML, I already have PS+!
Phil Spencer: "I mean the analogy, and I don't know if it's a great analogy&#8230; let's say I live in an area that doesn't have cell service. I wouldn't go buy a cell phone. Now, I might roam in different areas where my cellphone becomes active."

Also lol at FML you already have PS+, aren't those Vita games awesome! Did you download Velocity yet? Comes down today-ish. Also Rayman Origins is up, looks delish. I'm sure you already played the fuck out of Sine Mora!

PS+ is like fucking Steam for me. Hundreds of games in my PS3 library now. Haven't played fuck all.
Same with Vita, now I've got like 20 games and no Vita lol

Ahaha. Guess what I'm doing.
His pain brings me joy :)

Guys, CBoaT was right. Amazing.

That's the only thing working against me importing. What are the chances of Sony seeing the error of their ways and dropping it to an even five-hundo for launch? Has that ever been done?
Thuway also right about Killer Instinct having one fighter and being f2p.

I can see retailers launching at $500 if there is pressure. We rarely pay full RRP these days for anything. WiiU had a cut from RRP at launch I think?

Jintor

Oh god. Take home exam finished and submitted 10 minutes before closing time. Damn you E3. I'm wiped.

Fuck you anti-discrimination law

Top Bottom