• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Ps4 pre order is 549 from ebgames.
fuckers

Amazon priority delivered is $425.

Guess where I ordered from.

Any idea about the import duties?

PS: If anyone didn't notice, PS plus will now be required for online gaming.

Gazunta

Sony bought 399 microphones and then dropped them all at once before walking off stage.

That was brutal.

Confirmed locally for $549

tborsje

fuckers

Do we know anything about region coding yet? Or universal power supply? It'd be nice to preorder one soon, before the Fed says more about QE and our dollar depreciates more.

hirokazu

fuckers

Guess where I ordered from.

Any idea about the import duties?

PS: If anyone didn't notice, PS plus will now be required for online gaming.

If the exchange rate goes to shit when it releases, then Amazon might not be such a big deal. I think I'll hold out a bit till closer till then.

But I still need answers on whether it'll do region-free as it is with PS3 and HDD upgradeability.

I'm kinda let down by the PS+ requirement to play online. I seldom play online and I don't particularly see the value of PS+ since I want to own all my games outright, but I still want to have the option to play online should I want. :/

It's pretty telling of the hole MS have dug themselves when Sony so clearly and decisively "won" even though MS had the stronger line up of games in their conference.

Dead Man

$550 seems right if the AUD drops to 80c and you incl GST. ;)

LOL

Image wrap up?

original.jpg

mNQfTqq.gif

Gazunta

Hey quick question about those Mad Catz controllers I'm to-ing and fro-ing about - do they have trigger / bumper buttons?

Was thinking they'd be good for Saturn emulation but they'd need L / R buttons for that.

LOL Used Games

Yup, PS4 will be from the US I expect. That markup is a bit too much, $500 would have been a bite but $150 is disappointing considering Xbone is only $100.

Also price drop on the WiiU at Big W - $278/$348

Electricity rebate for NSW peoples if they are on Family Tax

Free Battlefield 3 DLC

Melbourne Aquarium tickets for $21.50 for adults

Pay for MP is a bit disappointing but I expected this a long time ago tbh
  • Sony kept it free to tempt MP gamers to the console
  • Never worked out and the larger MP player base for the vast majority of titles is still on the 360
  • Sony are losing money running all this MP stuff while Microsoft make tons of cash on it
  • MP stuff for next generation seems to be a lot more involved, with asynchronous MP the name of the game, along with the CLOUD, so costs are going to be much higher
  • Means a big line through a long standing PRO on the checklist though which may hurt Sony with a small percentage of people being upset about it, those without PS+ especially.

It's pretty telling of the hole MS have dug themselves when Sony so clearly and decisively "won" even though MS had the stronger line up of games in their conference.
Sony had a much stronger lineup of games in my opinion, the majority of both conferences were not exclusives.

PS4
Drive Club
Infamous Second Son
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack

Forza 5
Ryse
Dead Rising 3
Kinect stuff

Hey quick question about those Mad Catz controllers I'm to-ing and fro-ing about - do they have trigger / bumper buttons?

Was thinking they'd be good for Saturn emulation but they'd need L / R buttons for that.

Has L1 and L2 on the bumpers, R1 and R2 on the pad front by the looks of it.

What's this about Giant Bomb? I think they're obnoxious and I hate their bombast, but did someone seriously take their stuff?

Also, based on what I saw today, I'll be buying a PS4
second-hand a few years down the line when my PS3 dies and all the best games can be had for deep discounts

What's this about Giant Bomb? I think they're obnoxious and I hate their bombast, but did someone seriously take their stuff?

Also, based on what I saw today, I'll be buying a PS4
second-hand a few years down the line when my PS3 dies and all the best games can be had for deep discounts

each to their own but yeah no joke got most of their live stream stuff lifted out of the shooting space
canceled the stream for tonight to regroup and make lists for the popo

Sony had a much stronger lineup of games in my opinion, the majority of both conferences were not exclusives.

PS4
Drive Club
Infamous Second Son
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack

Forza 5
Ryse
Dead Rising 3
Kinect stuff

Plus Titanfall, Killer Instinct, Crimson Dragon and Sunset Overdrive. I missed a lot of the Sony show, but it seemed to be mostly already announced stuff.
Edit: Announced games stuff sorry. Just realised that might not be clear

Plus Titanfall, Killer Instict, Crimson Dragon and Sunset Overdrive. I missed a lot of the Sony show, but it seemed to be mostly already announced stuff.

Titanfall is PC too.
Killer Instinct is by Double Helix of Front Mission Evolved, Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters and Battleship fame (although I'll still get it despite it looking pretty average).
Crimson Dragon is a retooled Kinect game that was finished back in 2012 and even had a demo released.
Sunset Overdrive could be great! No details yet though. FUSE was a huge disappointment so my expectations are in check.

If FF15 and Kingdom Hearts 3 aren't multiplatform that really shifts the needle in Sony's favour.

Again, this is IMO of course.

Shaneus

Region restriction will only apply to movies and online store. Ps3 had universal psu so ps4 should be the same.
So I can only play US blurays? And isn't the online store only dependent on the region your account is, not the console?

Is there solid confirmation about region-free games?

I'm curious about the HDD in it as well... I haven't read anything yet, or even if it's user-replaceable.

PS. In case you guys hadn't seen on my Twitter, I'm super hyped for PS4. Not fazed either way about playing for MP, it's never struck me as something that could 100% be justified as cost-free to the provider anyway so it's somewhat understandable. Besides, if I stick with PS+ I get free Drive Club (PS+ edition, whatever that means... hopefully not gimped) anyway. Woo!

Not concerned about One's lack of BC anymore. For obvious reasons.

So I can only play US blurays? And isn't the online store only dependent on the region your account is, not the console?

I'm curious about the HDD in it as well... I haven't read anything yet, or even if it's user-replaceable.

Wait for Gamescon.

Are you really going to buy one at launch? Just wait until March 2014!

Shaneus

Wait for Gamescon.

What's at Gamescon? And why haven't I heard of it before?

What's so special about March 2014?

Edit: Fuck, Crimson Dragon is One now? ARGH. Bastards. It was announced the same time as Diabolical Pitch... how is it not out yet?

each to their own but yeah no joke got most of their live stream stuff lifted out of the shooting space
Oh wow. That's pretty terrible, especially considering this is the biggest day of the year for them. Nobody deserves to be handed those cards.

Except maybe Hitler. Fuck that guy.

Sorry, I meant online services like netflix. Most blu rays are region free in any case.

PS4 Comes With a 500 GB HDD, HDMI Cable, Headset… Camera Sold Seperately

OzaukrO.jpg

Already pre-ordered from amazon. :)

Shaneus

The fuck? That's bad, bad, BAD form.

Surely couldn't be hard to track down... there must be cameras everywhere. And security.

Sorry, I meant online services like netflix. Most blu rays are region free in any case.

PS4 Comes With a 500 GB HDD, HDMI Cable, Headset… Camera Sold Seperately

OzaukrO.jpg

Already pre-ordered from amazon. :)
You're a good man, Charlie Brown. Netflix isn't a biggie (I have that region-bypassing DNS thing happening anyway) so I might go the Amazon route before they decide to lock it out (which I guess is possible)... and the AUD is dropping severely as well, yes? Charge now or later?

Only other things are warranty and... that's it. What was the warranty like for imported PS3s?

there was ment to be a person onsite to let them in
but idk where he went
the internet think its an inside job
i imagine if there was security it wouldnt have happened

hamchan

Because, though it may sound weird, the games shown aren't as important in the long term. The majority of them are multiplatform, either Xbone/PS4 or Xbone/PC or some other combination, and judging from this gen have a chance of having late ports too.

These business practices like online DRM and no used games will affect consumers over a generation of 7 years, so it's more concerning.

Warranty is from amazon, so I doubt it will be an issue. It's one year warranty, chances of a console failure are very low in the first year
unless it's xbox 360

I'm hoping costco might have some deals on the ps4, they get their stock from the US so price should be less than AU retail, plus lifetime warranty (as long as you're a member).

So if you plan on buying local and want warranty, costco is a good option.

You're a good man, Charlie Brown. Netflix isn't a biggie (I have that region-bypassing DNS thing happening anyway) so I might go the Amazon route before they decide to lock it out (which I guess is possible)... and the AUD is dropping severely as well, yes? Charge now or later?

Only other things are warranty and... that's it. What was the warranty like for imported PS3s?

Later. Though you can always cancel the pre-order if local options get cheaper.

Gazunta

The MS EP of Killer Instinct really, really, really knows his shit and is a massive fan of Rare.

<chiponhisshoulder>And just because Double Helix hasn't made games you're interested in it doesn't mean they'll do a bad job. </chiponhisshoulder>

The MS EP of Killer Instinct really, really, really knows his shit and is a massive fan of Rare.

<chiponhisshoulder>And just because Double Helix hasn't made games you're interested in it doesn't mean they'll do a bad job. </chiponhisshoulder>

I'm holding out hope. There are studios that pumped out licenced crap for years, got their chance and became great. I am struggling to think of even one example of this right now but I swear to god I hit a gold seam of them on Wikipedia the other day.....nope. Can't find shit.

Having played a bunch of it in the last couple of hours, yeah, it's pretty darned good. Looks and run really fucking sharp.

Grassy

What issues would there be from ordering a PS4 from the US, as in account-wise? If I log-in with my Aus PSN ID I won't be able to access the US store right? So if I buy my physical games from the US I would have to use a US PSN account to purchase DLC etc?

The only thing really stopping me from pre-ordering one is the launch line-up, or lack thereof.

Top Bottom