• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Lexi. Starting Wednesday Big W will have the PS3 12GB and LBP game for $198 (or PS3 12GB and Skylanders for $198) and the Xbox 360 4GB for $138.
Vita with LBP game will be $248 too.
3DS is $188.

Been playing through Deadlight, game is pretty fun and I am enjoying.

Art design is phenomenal. Found the gameplay to be pretty basic but the art and world design sucked me right in. Would love to get some other material from those devs that fleshes the world out more, even just some interactive novels on the 3DS or something.

OG Skylanders bundle is $12.50 at any Dick Smith that has stock too FYI. Our store only had PS3 stock.

Also EA finally coming to their senses
Frank Gibeau said:
Speaking with Joystiq at E3, Gibeau said the Online Pass program has been “deep-sixed” and is “at the bottom of the Mariana Trench.”

“The amount of money that we made, it didn’t replace the amount of frustration we put on our customers and it didn’t offset the reputation damage it caused the company,” he continued. “So we said ‘it’s not worth it,’ and so the idea was, look, ‘don’t do stuff like that anymore.’”

true story, back in 2005, we were given two US Xbox 360s a few days after launch. Even with that massive power brick, I managed to fry one of the power bricks by assuming it, being 2005, the massive brick would work worldwide just as smaller camera, phone and handheld psu's work. Nope. "what's that burning smell?"
Are you sure that was due to the voltage differences? You had launch 360s, so really it could have just fried because... well, because it was a launch 360.

teekun

i've never had a street pass in the wild, apart from like eb games.

That's too bad. I get at least a handful every day travelling through the Melbourne CBD on my way to and from work. I've got about 200 or so on my old 3DS and I'm up to 160 on the North American one that I bought in January.

I haven't preordered The Last of Us from anywhere. I really hope I don't run into any trouble trying to pick it up on my way home from work tonight.

r1chard

Wellington road by chance?

Yep :-(

Edit: watching the latest Stonehearth stream at the moment. Almost every answer to the simplest question (like "will tools break") gives me the happies ("no, that's just busy work and we don't want busy work").

Edit 2: oh, I see. The speed camera I was done by is infamous.

Axiom

I can't even imagine not getting Street Pass stuff when I even get NEAR stuff on Vita when I'm heading to the city for class.

I really need a 3DS.

lol now Nintendo are getting a kick in on Microsoft/CliffyB
Reggie said:
...the replayability of our content is super strong. The consumer wants to keep playing Mario Kart. The consumer want to keep playing New Super Mario Bros. They want to keep playing Pikmin.
So we see that the trade-in frequency on Nintendo content is much less than the industry average – much, much less. So for us, we have been able to step back and say that we are not taking any technological means to impact trade-in and we are confident that if we build great content, then the consumer will not want to trade in our games

lexi

Banned
Lexi. Starting Wednesday Big W will have the PS3 12GB and LBP game for $198
t9oayZh.jpg

lexi

Banned
I'd like a bigger hard drive, I know they're replaceable, though. But come the fuck on, 12gb?

Wait, MS gives you fucking 4gb!?

Jintor

unfair, you're in the biz!

so, is it worth subbing to GB if i just want extra video content? eg friday shows or whatever else they do?

Probably most of the streetpasses I get are just from going to uni every day imho. Although I did probably get like 100 at SMASH last year... I wanna make a thread about how they should redesign streetpassing, lol, because I think it's a really strong thingymagig to get consumers to keep their 3DSes on them at all times.

GB is worth the sub not only for the great additional games content but also specifically for their North Korea Travelogue where one of their producers went on a holiday to N.Korea for no adequately explained reason and managed to document the whole thing.

Deeku

GB is worth the sub not only for the great additional games content but also specifically for their North Korea Travelogue where one of their producers went on a holiday to N.Korea for no adequately explained reason and managed to document the whole thing.
:OO so that's what they meant when they said drew went to europe or somethin! hmmm, imma get on this

also i was pretty sad i never got any sp-ing at uni, although i only really tried for like 3 days...after us launch...when probably noone else had a 3ds lol. probably would have helped if i had gamer buddies at uni too..

actually, i remember now, that day we met up, and i was like yo streetpass, but you were all lol no my battery dead...:(

Lol, I think I went really poorly on my exam. Although having successfully purchased both last of us AND my charger I've become weirdly optimistic about everything. Today is a great day!

Stackboy

Sigur Ros released a new album today. If you have any interest in post-rock, go check it out.

Played a couple of hours of The Last of Us so far and it's not living up to the 10/10's. Still in the setup stage of the game I guess, establishing characters etc.

Origin: Battlefield 3 for $5, BF3 Premium Addon for $15
Before opening link simply disable javascript in your browser settings (you can also use a browser extension like noscript) and you should be able to checkout without a problem (will need to use a US/Canadian address for billing address though (Google)).

I'm guessing it takes a 2.5" HDD?
The bundled ones are 2.5" yes, they also take 3.5" no problems too.

Lol, I think I went really poorly on my exam. Although having successfully purchased both last of us AND my charger I've become weirdly optimistic about everything. Today is a great day!
NO SPIOLS :?

I got a copy of MGS4 yesterday too, lol

Tempted to replay it over the weekend. Might start with MG1 though! Pretty sure that is included in the 360 version of MGS3? Otherwise I could breakout the PSTwo and Subsistence.

I was bought back a copy of Last Of Us to ease the drudgery of polyfilla and spatulas. Unfortunately, I will have little time before monday to enjoy the game.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
X3N you have too much money, also you should have gone AMD. Check out their new 4.7GHZ / 5GHZ CPUS BRO!!

6/13/2013 Update: We have now received the most important pieces of information from AMD regarding the new parts. The base clock on the FX-9590 will be 4.7GHz and the base clock of the FX-9370 will be 4.4GHz, so in both cases it will be 300MHz below the maximum Turbo Core speed. The more critical factor is also the more alarming aspect: the rumors of a 220W TDP have proven true. That explains why these parts will target system integrators first, and the FX-9000 series also earns the distinction of having a higher TDP, but it also raises some serious concerns. With proper cooling, there's little doubt that you can run a Vishera core at 5.0GHz for extended periods of time, but 220W is a massive amount of power to draw for just a CPU.

OH YEA. That watercooling could have been useful.

senahorse

X3N you have too much money, also you should have gone AMD. Check out their new 4.7GHZ / 5GHZ CPUS BRO!!

OH YEA. That watercooling could have been useful.

I haven't bought any of that stuff yet but as if I am buying AMD lol, it's the typical we can't compete with Intel's IPC so lets just increase the mhz :p, no wonder the things TDP is out of the fuckind world lol. Somone on ausgaf posted a funny pic about it yesterday

fake edit:

here it is

attachment.php

Fredescu

220w is amazing.

x3n, you're a step ahead of me because I won't have any parts until tomorrow. My case and PSU won't arrive until next week I think, because Umart has to send them from Milton to West Ryde.

I did get a new keyboard though.

VeI14lX.jpg

I believe the win key works for arguments too. Look out JASE!

Xbox Gold members get 12 free games, runs from July to Dec this year, then ends.
Hopefully they lock in some games worth more than $1.50 at EB considering PS+ gave us XCOM and LBPKarting this month.

Also Gearbox sued again lol
Although Gearbox refutes the allegation, 3D Realms claims that the Duke Nukem Forever developer owes them over $2m.

It is being reported that when Gearbox bought the rights to the Duke Nukem franchise, it agreed to pay 3D Realms a percentage of the royalties earned from future releases, royalties that have not been forthcoming.

In addition to this, 3D Realms says that Gearbox blocked an independent audit of the royalties they’ve earned on Duke Nukem forever, despite them being legally entitled to do so.

Also NEXT GEN STARTS WHEN PC SAYS SO HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

scotchgif.gif

That made me belly laugh at work, nice one.

Now I want to buy a new hat too.

VeI14lX.jpg

BRB must fap

senahorse

220w is amazing.

x3n, you're a step ahead of me because I won't have any parts until tomorrow. My case and PSU won't arrive until next week I think, because Umart has to send them from Milton to West Ryde.

VeI14lX.jpg

Don't worry you will overtake me tomorrow, mine won't be getting switched on till mid-late July. Great price on the keyboard, I have been looking for one with some extra macro keys on the left, which limits my choices somewhat.

Also NEXT GEN STARTS WHEN PC SAYS SO HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Beautiful.

teekun

Xbox Gold members get 12 free games, runs from July to Dec this year, then ends.
Hopefully they lock in some games worth more than $1.50 at EB considering PS+ gave us XCOM and LBPKarting this month.

So let me get this straight. Sony announces that PS+ is continuing on PS4 and that PS4 users will get a free game every month moving forward. Microsoft counters with a free game offer that ends a month after the launch of the XBONE?

Just letting you guys know that EB have a 50% more trade value towards 'next gen' until Sunday. I had 14 older 360 games (that I now own on Steam) and got $113 credit towards the PS4. Most were in the $6-$8 range with a couple nabbing $13. I have the superior versions now anyway so I thought I might as well put them to good use.

Sony giving out custom PS3's to developers. I WANT THIS AC4 ONEEEEEEEE

So let me get this straight. Sony announces that PS+ is continuing on PS4 and that PS4 users will get a free game every month moving forward. Microsoft counters with a free game offer that ends a month after the launch of the XBONE?

Yes. Well, both are offering 2 games a month.

teekun

Yes. Well, both are offering 2 games a month.

Oh sure, it just seems too little, too late for MS, especially when Sony has already announced the next-gen plans for their premium service and that monthly free games will continue on the PS4. Microsoft adding 6 months of free games for their current gen console isn't going to get more people to sign up to Gold... it's just going to get the current Gold members to complain a little less.

hamchan

Just letting you guys know that EB have a 50% more trade value towards 'next gen' until Sunday. I had 14 older 360 games (that I now own on Steam) and got $113 credit towards the PS4. Most were in the $6-$8 range with a couple nabbing $13. I have the superior versions now anyway so I thought I might as well put them to good use.

Maybe I will trade in all my multiplat PS3 games that I own on PC or other platforms as well.

Alice Madness Returns
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Batman Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
Castlevania Lords of Shadow (PC release soon!)
Dark Souls Limited Edition
Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition
Disgaea 3 (own on Vita)
Dragon Age Origins
Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
FEAR 2
LA Noire
Mass Effect 2
Metal Gear Solid Rising (PC soon)
Resident Evil 6
Singularity

I wonder how much value they'll give me.

Maybe I will trade in all my multiplat PS3 games that I own on PC or other platforms as well.

Alice Madness Returns
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Batman Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
Castlevania Lords of Shadow (PC release soon!)
Dark Souls Limited Edition
Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition
Disgaea 3 (own on Vita)
Dragon Age Origins
Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
FEAR 2
LA Noire
Mass Effect 2
Metal Gear Solid Rising (PC soon)
Resident Evil 6
Singularity

I wonder how much value they'll give me.

You might as well try. I mean you have much newer games than me, so you would probably get heaps more. I hadn't bought a game on 360 since Portal 2 so that was the newest thing I had. If you do let us know, it would be interesting. Do it before Sunday though, so you get that extra credit.

markot

Banned
I havent traded in a game since the ps2 days >.< I always felt like a drug dealer cause that was the look of most trade inners.

r1chard

Clearing out some of my old junk from my old house I discovered a hidden stash of old PS2 games and the old (1st-gen) PS2. Wonder if it still works... Also about a dozen PS1 games. What the hell do I do with those? Chuck 'em I guess... Probably do the same with the PS2 stuff. A little depressing, that...

Clearing out some of my old junk from my old house I discovered a hidden stash of old PS2 games and the old (1st-gen) PS2. Wonder if it still works... Also about a dozen PS1 games. What the hell do I do with those? Chuck 'em I guess... Probably do the same with the PS2 stuff. A little depressing, that...

DONT THROW THEM OUT!

Sell em!

Gumtree or even the Buy/Sell thread here in Community.

At least list them in here so we can gobble them up!

Top Bottom