• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

r1chard

DONT THROW THEM OUT!

Sell em!

Gumtree or even the Buy/Sell thread here in Community.

At least list them in here so we can gobble them up!

Orright, I'll make a list and post here to see if there's any interest at all :) Some of the PS1 games are from the original launch, IIRC.

legend166

Speaking of trade in value, how much do you think I could get for

Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
Dark Souls
Darksiders

On PS3.

Like $20 all up? Do EB give cash or store credit?

If anyone on here wants them let me know.

Fredescu

Just letting you guys know that EB have a 50% more trade value towards 'next gen' until Sunday. I had 14 older 360 games (that I now own on Steam) and got $113 credit towards the PS4. Most were in the $6-$8 range with a couple nabbing $13. I have the superior versions now anyway so I thought I might as well put them to good use.
Tempting. I might try and unload a bunch on OCAU first.

Speaking of trade in value, how much do you think I could get for

Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
Dark Souls
Darksiders

On PS3.

Like $20 all up? Do EB give cash or store credit?

I just called my local for you and with the 50% promotion towards next gen consoles you would get $30.75 store credit. Not bad :)

senahorse

Fred, behold the monster:

case2_zpsb8a04f17.jpg~original

Fredescu

Holy crap. We're really building at opposite ends of the spectrum. Could probably fit four of my cases in yours.

In other news, my case and PSU are in stock already!

legend166

I just called my local for you and with the 50% promotion towards next gen consoles you would get $30.75 store credit. Not bad :)

Oh wow, thanks!

Wii U doesn't count as next gen does it? :(

I wonder if I should trade them in at JB. At least then I could get a Blu-Ray or something. I can't think of any games I want to buy from EB.

Fredescu

4 lol, probably 6-8, I could fit my antec p180 in there with room for more.
I mean actually sitting in there without removing the drive cages and being able to close the side. Looking at the dimensions I don't think that would be possible though.

900D: 65cm x 25 (W) x 70

Node 304: 21cm x 25 (W) 37 (d)

Not sure which is the depth and the height on yours, but it's funny that our two cases are the same width. We couldn't quite get four cases in with the drive cages still in, and you couldn't quite fit two 304s end to end in it. It's still like 6x the volume though heh.

Oh wow, thanks!

Wii U doesn't count as next gen does it? :(

I wonder if I should trade them in at JB. At least then I could get a Blu-Ray or something. I can't think of any games I want to buy from EB.

$27.50 at JB ;)

Just checking to make sure I didn't get ripped off on my trade ins :)

senahorse

I mean actually sitting in there without removing the drive cages and being able to close the side. Looking at the dimensions I don't think that would be possible though.

900D: 65cm x 25 (W) x 70

Node 304: 21cm x 25 (W) 37 (d)

Not sure which is the depth and the height on yours, but it's funny that our two cases are the same width. We couldn't quite get four cases in with the drive cages still in, and you couldn't quite fit two 304s end to end in it. It's still like 6x the volume though heh.

Ha you had to get technical and ruin my fun, but I will take just under 6 :p. All the drive cages will be coming out, well I might leave one in there.

edit: it's depth x width x height (looking at it front on)

Arksy

You know, I'm not one who usually gets riled up at what I see as being oversensitive about issues of race and sex..but god damn.

Howard Sattler is something else. I literally had to stop listening and pause it for a moment. It was so awkward and cringe-worthy. Why the hell would you ask her that? It doesn't make any sense.

Why not ask her something you know, relevant? Like policy? Or how her political party is in shambles? Or how she blasted the Coalition for being full of men with blue ties when last I saw...most members of the Ministry were men....

What a jackass.

Shock Jock.
There is no respect in this country any more. Getting attention is more important than treating people with respect.

Do they have regular 30c deals or something? Is it for 3DS too?

I think once a month they have a WiiU Virtual Console title on sale for 30c.
Nothing for 3DS, those fuckers already got a ton of free Ambassador games that us late starters can't even buy!

Arksy

Hey guys, I'm leaving for the States in a week for 3 months (Wotcha!)

I was going to take my 3DS and get some games over there until I was told that the 3DS is region locked. Lame.

I heard the Vita however isn't region locked (Yay!)

Is it worth getting one? I heard there's like zero games.

I'm going to be on the road (a lot) and I thought a handheld would come in handy. (Shakes fist at Nintendo).

I was going to take my 3DS and get some games over there until I was told that the 3DS is region locked. Lame.

I'm going to be on the road (a lot) and I thought a handheld would come in handy. (Shakes fist at Nintendo).

Do you already have PS+?

Should be able to get a Vita for under $200 over there easily. Games are pretty cheap too. TONS TONS TONS of Indie games and quite a few full titles like AssCreeLiberation, Persona 4 Golden, Luminares, Uncharted, etc.

Arksy

get a us 3ds?

You know I wonder how much a 2nd hand 3DS in the States would be. I tried using Craigslist to find out but the website is unfathomable. New they're $150.

Do you already have PS+?

Should be able to get a Vita for under $200 over there easily. Games are pretty cheap too. TONS TONS TONS of Indie games and quite a few full titles like AssCreeLiberation, Persona 4 Golden, Luminares, Uncharted, etc.

What kind of indie support does it have? I'd love a stack of indie games but not if they're incredibly expensive. I've got over 100 indie games in my steam library and I'm yet to play 80 of them...I wish I had a laptop for travel. :(

Rahk

Here's a list of Vita games that were at E3 with links to YouTube clips. There's heaps of games on the PSN store if you're interested in PSP or indie games. There's also a decent amount of Vita games in my opinion, but some people don't seem to think so.

You could get a US 3DS if you really want one though. You'll just have to import games when you get back to Australia or buy them on the eShop.

Alright traded in all those games. Got $215 from it. PS4 pre-ordered hooray.
Damn, I might have to go through my collection of 360 games that I've never played.

What kind of indie support does it have? I'd love a stack of indie games but not if they're incredibly expensive. I've got over 100 indie games in my steam library and I'm yet to play 80 of them...I wish I had a laptop for travel. :(

Here is the most recent GAF thread, links in there to lists of games. Otherwise hit up Amazon charts.

Here is a thread choc full of trailers of Indie games that are part of the E3 roundup. They had them up on stage at the Sony Conf too.

Having The Walking Dead on there soon too would be cool.

Arksy

Wow thanks guys!

How does region locking PS+ or PSN work? Because if I get a vita over there I will want to come back to Australia with it and hopefully all the stuff I bought/got while over there.

Deeku

Wow thanks guys!

How does region locking PS+ or PSN work? Because if I get a vita over there I will want to come back to Australia with it and hopefully all the stuff I bought/got while over there.
get ps+ for your au account and use that on your vita.

also, now that i think about it, you're only gone for 3 months so getting a us 3ds doesnt really make sense. so yeah, go for vita just so you have a new thing to toy around with for that period!

Wow thanks guys!

You can only use one region's PSN store per memory card unless you clear the card and start that card again fresh. You don't lose access to the content, just means you have to redownload it again.

You just need to use credit for that region too. Like US store needs US credit, AU store uses our CC details or a code card, etc.

You can get these codes online super easy. I've got JPN/US/AU accounts. A lot of people use a US account due to having more content and lower prices due to parity (or was parity).

Top Bottom