• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Arksy

Seriously considering getting a PSVita at this point. I suppose I could take my 3DS to the states and simply stick to a fairly hefty library of DS games that my friend lent me...I only have DK and fire emblem which I haven't played yet.

Shaneus

Oh sure, it just seems too little, too late for MS, especially when Sony has already announced the next-gen plans for their premium service and that monthly free games will continue on the PS4. Microsoft adding 6 months of free games for their current gen console isn't going to get more people to sign up to Gold... it's just going to get the current Gold members to complain a little less.
I thought my post in that thread was quite appropriate:
So already MS are starting with the devaluing of physical media. Nice one.

legend166

So I'm listening/watching to this Giant Bomb thing just to laugh at Evilore being there. This is the first time I've listened to anything Giant Bomb.

Is this what they're like all the time? I'm about to fall asleep at my desk.

Alright traded in all those games. Got $215 from it. PS4 pre-ordered hooray.
That's awesome, hamchan. I'm starting to think about it, myself. I've easily got the same number of games you listed, so probably 250 at least off a new console is miiiiiighty tempting. Except I haven't played a game in 6 weeks or more. And I haven't played all the stuff I already own on the current gen. A generation that still has fairly interesting new games still to come. And would need to spend at least a few hundred on the balance of the console and a game or two at launch.

Blah, stupid brain. You want new stuff. You want me to be responsible. You want me to react logically to a completely emotion decision. You want stuff for cheap. You want me to wait and enjoy what I already have. You want me to use items I don't use anymore towards something new and get some use out of them. What do you want me to do, stupid brain???

teekun

So I'm listening/watching to this Giant Bomb thing just to laugh at Evilore being there. This is the first time I've listened to anything Giant Bomb.

I love Giant Bomb but I always find their E3 shit to be really uninteresting.

markot

Banned
Seriously considering getting a PSVita at this point. I suppose I could take my 3DS to the states and simply stick to a fairly hefty library of DS games that my friend lent me...I only have DK and fire emblem which I haven't played yet.

Vita is a ps4 controller at best. Wait till you get a PS4 in other words.

Has evilore said anything yet? I was watching for maybe ten minutes and he just sat there...

Kritz

Banned
Last of Us impressions:

- Game looks pretty good for a game that looks like shit. Don't know how console only people can stand IQ this poor.
- The stealth is pretty easy. I still don't like stealth.
- Chest high walls everywhere making the combat arenas.
- The animations are nice. Looks like they evolved the Uncharted 3 dynamic environment kills to be a little more fluid. I have yet to kill an enemy with a giant frozen fish, though.
- When you kill an enemy, they will not drop ammo.
- Enemies have infinite ammo until you kill them.
- If an enemy has a better gun than you, they won't drop it. Instead, it disappears.
- I have a giant block of wood strapped to my back that I use to murder people with.
- Adam Jensen has been through this city littering chocolate bars all over the place
- The main character is still a crazy video game murderer. Unlike Drake he just doesn't seem to be happy about it. Problem solved? Not really.
- A lot of the mechanics feel incredibly similar to Uncharted. Not really a bad thing.
- Everything else so far has been pretty good. Story's engaging, although it's perhaps a bit too similar to one or two very popular movies.

5/5 - citizen kane

Mayhaps, what do you have?

have to look, they're in a box in my parents garage.

stuff like:

N64
OoT, Majora's Mask, SM64, Banjo Kazooie and Tooie, Rogue Squadron, Battle for Naboo (semi-sequel to Rogue squadron set during ep 1), Duke Nukem: Zero Hour, Turok 2, Perfect Dark Goldeneye, South Park (FPS), DK64, Mission Impossible, Quake, Doom, Quake II, Rayman 2. Maybe one or two others. Some have boxes, others don't

might as well list a few others if anyone is interested. I have to declutter pretty rapidly.
PS2, GC, XB, PS3, 360, Wii and Wii U games. Maybe a couple of DS carts, probably without boxes.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
The witcher is such an over rated series.

Its the halo of rpgs, but worse cause it cant even get combat right.

I think The Witcher 2 is kind of overrated. It's no-where near as good as The Witcher.. despite having better graphics.;p

Jintor

I honestly don't remember shit about either of the Witcher games besides boning ladies for their sex cards. Weirrrrrddddddd.

Heh, local EB was working overtime to avoid discussing the Xbone used games issue, "we will find out details in the wash, internet outrage is overblown as always, everything is fine, Xbox has tons of great games and PS4 is just a slightly upgraded PS3, etc etcetera".

Kinda funny to watch him squirm and spin.

Arksy

Heh, local EB was working overtime to avoid discussing the Xbone used games issue, "we will find out details in the wash, internet outrage is overblown as always, everything is fine, Xbox has tons of great games and PS4 is just a slightly upgraded PS3, etc etcetera".

Doesn't make much sense, they've built their entire business model around "Trade and Save"

lexi

Banned

Every time I go to an EB for something they should have, they never do. The same clerk has served me 4 times where I've asked for something and they end up suggesting that I try another store.

Doesn't make much sense, they've built their entire business model around "Trade and Save"

Judging by their stores now you'd assume their business model is to become a toy / collectibles shop.

Arksy

I'd love to say they're terrible but I went there last month for Fire Emblem and the cute girl behind the counter gave me a pretty good discount on it.

In saying that, I did go in the other day and they had Xbox One postered everywhere and you had to go to the PS3 section to find a box with ORDER PS4 on it.

Dead Man

Last of Us impressions:
- When you kill an enemy, they will not drop ammo.
- Enemies have infinite ammo until you kill them.
- If an enemy has a better gun than you, they won't drop it. Instead, it disappears.
God damn it, I hate that shit. I know they do it for balance, but it still breaks immersion for me.

markot

Banned
I like teh characters in the witcher mostly, its written pretty well. Graphics were great.

Combat was so bad it gave me cancer in the fun bone.

THATS MY PENIS.

Same went for 1.

So fool me twice, I wont get fooled again.

Shaneus

You know what we should do during PAX? One night when we're all having a few drinks, is call MS customer support and ask them questions about the One on loudspeaker. Person who gets the person on the other end of the line to "umm" and "ahh" has drinks bought for them the rest of the night.

markot

Banned
"If someone on Xbox Live party chat says "Xbox Off" will all of their Xboxes turn off?" I asked, and got an answer

mSXG6KK.jpg

I hope tv shows troll the crap out of the xbox one >.<

Dude was just a fanboy I think.

The employees get by on pre-orders and high traffic teenagers, so the Xbox COD crowd is their mark. Geeky shit does sell a lot better than I expected there though.

I know they sell a LOT of Xbox Live Gold memberships. They trick the parents into buying a console and Call of Duty and then the parent comes back in a few days later saying, "My son called me an f-ing f-wit, what is this Gold thing they say they need?".

EB exist by tricking consumers. Plain and simple. Plenty of other industries live by that too, all part of being part of a capitalist utopia.

Nice dude though.

I'd love to say they're terrible but I went there last month for Fire Emblem and the cute girl behind the counter gave me a pretty good discount on it.
Wait, they can give you discounts? I want a discount!

You know what we should do during PAX? One night when we're all having a few drinks, is call MS customer support and ask them questions about the One on loudspeaker. Person who gets the person on the other end of the line to "umm" and "ahh" has drinks bought for them the rest of the night.
I highly expect that MS will have transferred all their customer support until next year to the country with the least amount of experience speaking English possible to try and avoid people finding out information lol

markot

Banned
9037236221_71e33dd52d.jpg

Is this real life?

NO SPOILS PLZTHX

I love the doritos and soft drink partnership.

Its like a footy league partnering with a brothel. Great way to completely cater to every image of a 'gamer' in the publics mind.

And also mountain dew? There are like 50 better drinks out there...

Hope you haven't watched Citizen Kane rep.

It was a bit redundant I thought. Like, hellooooo! The last 40 years of cinema says thanks for ripping us off!

EDIT: Your stupid Youtube buffering extension for Chrome doesn't work for me Shaneus. This displeases me greatly :/

EDIT AGAIN: Okay. E3 has taught me that Jeff is awesome, Patrick is awesome, Brad is awesome and I don't think much of Ryan.
So Jeff and Ryan coming to PAXAUS is okay, could have been better. Oh well.

Vinny and Drew are the best but they're the camera/production so you see very little of them during e3.

Yeah they came across fantastic in the behind-the-scenes The Longest Day thing they had. I even got the impression that Jeff values their input a lot too and wouldn't mind getting them in front of the camera more as he seemed to be looking to Vinnie for his opinion quite a few times.

The Last of Us HD+ early 2014.

They won't make the mistake of rereleasing up scaled games so late in the cycle this time.

Edit: Speaking of which, what's going to be the HD of this next gen? HD+? Super HD? I'm going with UD, for Ultra Definition. I want royalties if they end up using it.

The Last of Us HD+ early 2014.

They won't make the mistake of rereleasing up scaled games so late in the cycle this time.

Edit: Speaking of which, what's going to be the HD of this next gen? HD+? Super HD? I'm going with UD, for Ultra Definition. I want royalties if they end up using it.

60FPS EDITION

Top Bottom