• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Jintor said:
This new 24'' monitor is friggin' sweet.

I should have double checked what I bought, this Samsung BX2440 doesn't have a HDMI input.

How old is that model? Every model in the 24" range has HDMI. Hell, even the new 17" and 19" ones have it.

What the hell? Resi 4 HD is $30 on PSN? What a rip! I mean, it is only $15 for PSN+ members but that is still a stupidly high price considering how many times it has been rereleased. I only paid $30 for the Wii version for pete's sake!

$110 for Driver San Fran?!?!?!?!

quabba

DeathJr said:
if the phone rang the internet would disconnect. My sister used to annoy me everyday by making random phone calls when I was using the net. :(

Sounds like the filter on that phone was dodgy

reptilescorpio said:
What the hell? Resi 4 HD is $30 on PSN? What a rip! I mean, it is only $15 for PSN+ members but that is still a stupidly high price considering how many times it has been rereleased. I only paid $30 for the Wii version for pete's sake!

Do you have to buy it now? I'd rather wait for the disc version....and buy it dirt cheap off ebay or the like after a month.

Jintor

commanderdeek said:
Heh, I've actually never finished an Advance Wars game. Last level was always too hard. I get more out of perfecting maps in War Room.

Days of Ruin had no war room. I am sad. :<

How old is that model? Every model in the 24" range has HDMI. Hell, even the new 17" and 19" ones have it.

It's a 2010 model I think? LEDs and whatnot.

Deeku

Jintor said:
Days of Ruin had no war room. I am sad. :<
What, I swear it does, I saw it this morning.

*checks ds*

Ohh it said Design Room. Well that sucks.

Heh looks like I only got to ch14 of the game and stopped. There are like 26 chapters in the game:eek:

Yagharek

reptilescorpio said:

$110 for Driver San Fran?!?!?!?!

Does the PS3 version support Move? Because after Wii controls, I can't go back to dual analog in RE.

Shaneus

Planet_JASE said:
First off, how dare you post script Sofie and she does look better now than she ever has. My tastes in women have always fallen into... how do I put this without sounding horrible... girl next door(?) looks over supermodels. I can imagine living the rest of my life with someone like that, which I can't do with a supermodel.

So who wants to make the "it's because you have a better shot with them than you do a supermodel, which is to say slightly less than fucking negative?
I... what? I'd never do that to her. FWIW I've always gone for cute over hot. Always.

Read: Zooey, Gillian Jacobs, Dido, Julie Bowen (circa Ed and Happy Gilmore), Isla Fischer, Amy Adams, Janeane Garofalo... and that's just off the top of my head.

Jintor said:
Really? I need a 2ms response time for gaming? That seems... excessive.
Nah you will be fine. Unless you are doing some seriously competitive gaming I wouldn't worry about having a 2ms or even 5ms display. Most top brand monitors are good enough at the moment anyway.

RandomVince said:
Does the PS3 version support Move? Because after Wii controls, I can't go back to dual analog in RE.
Not sure and I agree, loved the Wii controls also prefer the Move edition of Resi 5 even though it was a bit of a disappointing game.

Shaneus said:
IJulie Bowen (circa Ed and Happy Gilmore)
Julie Bowen right now is worthy of worship. Aged FANTASTICALLY well.

Shaneus

EatChildren said:
Tell us more.
Shit, completely missed this.

My 5850s (Asus DirectCU) both have a 6 and 8-pin connector on them, when the stock ones apparently have 2x6-pin connectors. Apparently this is to aid in overclocking. I only had one 8-pin cable, so that went on 1 card and the other has two 6s. What I found out tonight was that the 8 pin cables can handle 150W while the 6 pin ones can only handle 75W.

A bit more info here and here:
On the rear end of the medium size, double slot wide ASUS EAH5850 DirectCU TOP videocard you'll find an 8-pin PCI Express power connector and a 6-pin PCI Express power connector. The videocard comes with an molex-to-6-pin PCI Express power adapter too. PCSTATS was able to run and overclock the EAH5850 DirectCU TOP without any difficulties using just a pair of 6-pin PCI Express power connectors, although you may want to connect an 8-pin PCI Express power connector for maximum overclocking results.

Keep in mind, I don't think it actually matters where you get the power from for that 8-pin, just so long as it's there so there's not too much voltage going over any one pin (or something). A 6-8 pin adapter should be fine, though I'm going to shoot for a 2x molex -> 8-pin.

reptilescorpio said:
Julie Bowen right now is worthy of worship. Aged FANTASTICALLY well.
Oh definitely, but I don't have as much of a thing for her now as I did when she was doing those earlier shows.

jambo

DeathJr said:
Looks incredible? Though you can afford a $700 lego and not a better camera?

Couldn't be bothered getting my housemates good DSLR, had my iPhone on me. Plus almost all of these shots were taken at night inside my house and we only have down lights.

Rahk

Jintor said:
You wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 2ms and 5ms.

The monitor as a whole is more important than how low that number is.

Jintor

Seems okay. I could've gotten better, I guess, but by the time I was ordering I was pretty much like 'fuck it' since the monitor was a last-second purchase.

Darklord

Banned
Is there some god damn way to tell Australia Post to move my bloody package? It's been sitting in Perth ALL WEEK. I ordered it Monday, they received it Monday and...that's all that has happened. So slow.

Jintor said:
5ms is perfectly fine for gaming. My monitor is 5ms and I play tons of games on it. You probably can't even tell a difference.

Jintor

I'm loving this sensation of two giant-ass monitors on my desk, but it's going to be Monday before I actually get to utilise them both at once :(

#firstworldproblems

By gaming I was implying mainly fps and shooter-type games, which have very fast moving images. The lower the response time, the better. 5ms will do the job but most gamers prefer lower response times to avoid ghosting effects.

Try playing a shooter with a 5ms screen. You will notice that sometimes the screen will go blank for a second. That happens because the response time is not enough to keep up with the changing pixels.

Frawdder

Yeah-no, numbers that low make no difference, my 5ms monitor does just fine with FPS and shooter-type games.

Even my 16ms monitor did a great job, I can't tell the difference.

And my monitor has never gone black, except when I turn it off.

Rlan said:
There's no way Coffee Beans can be imported into Australia from other places in the world, is there?
Hmmmm... you didn't mention the word legally...

The answer is yes, you can. Or can't. It depends. Usually, if the beans have been processed, then there is less chance for them to contain insects or other nasties, and the point of origin is a trustworthy country then yes, you can. As long as you're not trying to sneak them in and getting them from an embargoed or restricted trading country

I ain't no law talking guy but that is my understanding. Go here for more boring reading:

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4369.asp

PS-It is illegal to import suicide devices. Good to know :/

Shaneus said:
I... what? I'd never do that to her. FWIW I've always gone for cute over hot. Always.

Read: Zooey, Gillian Jacobs, Dido, Julie Bowen (circa Ed and Happy Gilmore), Isla Fischer, Amy Adams, Janeane Garofalo... and that's just off the top of my head.
You have a thing for the 7up mascot?

Pervert.

Echoplx

DeathJr said:
By gaming I was implying mainly fps and shooter-type games, which have very fast moving images. The lower the response time, the better. 5ms will do the job but most gamers prefer lower response times to avoid ghosting effects.

Try playing a shooter with a 5ms screen. You will notice that sometimes the screen will go blank for a second. That happens because the response time is not enough to keep up with the changing pixels.

You should stop talking about these things right now.

Alpha Protocol is three US dollarydoos on Steam.

If you have any interest in RPGs or smashing shit over people's heads, you should totally buy it.

Rlan said:
There's no way Coffee Beans can be imported into Australia from other places in the world, is there?
Mrs Cods has received plenty of shipments of coffee beans from friends in the US, UK and Spain. Never any problems.

Actually received a bag of Spanish garlic seeds (not in a packet, but from someone's garden) unexpectedly once. Customs obviously on a break when that package was being scanned.

Top Bottom